Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Miracal for Withdrawl!

I just wanted to leave a message about what I have been taking for the last couple weeks.  I read a bunch of your posting but I haven't really heard all of you talking too much about the drugs Subutex or Suboxone.  The U.S. recently made it that they are the only 2 drugs you can get from your primary care doctor that get rid of withdrawl completly.  I was taking about 40 percocets, OC's, and any other kind of narcotic I could get a hold of.  I had about a $250 a day habit.  This had been going on for about 2 years, everyday I would have to find new ways to get pills.  2 weeks ago, I started with the Subutex.  You just take the 1 pill and let it dissolve under your tongue.  It takes about 1 hour to take full effect, (it is an opiate receptor blocker, it is a long process to explain so I would google it if you want to learn more, but to sum it up, when you take painkillers the opiates fill in your receptors in your brain, say you receptors are a circle shaped hole, and the painkillers are circles and they fit the hole perfectly, well over time your brain will create more receptors and your tolerence will build up and you need more painkillers... well the subutex will go to the opiate receptors and trick your body into thinking you took pills.  But the subutex is the size of a small circle, half the size of the opiate circle, well the subutex will fill in the receptor in your brain enough so that you feel no withdrawl but doesn't fill in the receptor enough to give you a high feeling)  Anyways, I have been taking the subutex for over a month and I haven't felt better.  I did not feel any withdrawl symptoms, and the subutex makes you feel normal, not depressed.  And in the first 2 weeks, the subutex actually gave me a natural high feeling.  The suboxone, which is more commonly prescribed contains a chemical that will counteract any type of opiate, you can take herion and not feel it because the medicine will block it out.  But if you get the subutex, it does not have this chemical in it and you can take the subutex in the morning and still take pain killers at night.  I have done this twice, but really I don't feel the urge to take painkillers anymore.  Anyways, the subutex or suboxone is bearly addictive at all, 1/50th of the addiction than other options like methedone maintainance.  And the prescription is very cheap, with my insurance I pay $12 for a months prescription, a lot cheaper than my $250 a day old habit.  I just wanted everyone to be able to know about this option because it has worked so good for me!  
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
I started Sub detox yesterday.. I can't imagine taking this for longer than a week or two... To me that would be like replacement and NOT detox.. which is fine if thats what you need to stay off drugs but to get clean it has to be used for a short time.. every where I have read from people experience they say "less is more" and the shorter the better...  Anyone who was on it for more than a month or stopped without a proper taper has had terrible long lasting withdrawls.. and other symptoms. It is a miracle if used properly..  It should be used for Wd only and then tapered off as soon as the worst part of Wd would be over.. which I think is Day 3. I can't imagine the PAWS associated with Sub use longer than a month or two.. With its long half life and super strong side effects at large doses..
This is just my opinion of course... Just going by my two days and from what I have read.. Heck there is another site with a forum and they all bash the stuff..
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Hmmm they bash the stuff??  Dunno why?  I do know that I would rather have that than vicodin anyday!  (I think)  I wish that I had done a perfect program to see exactly how well it worked, but it got me off for goodness sakes and that's what really counts doughnut?  It used to bake my noodle how potent the stuff was!!!!  And you could go "lights out" if you wanted to.
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
Hi Rachel...Just wanted to comment on your Subutex/Suboxone posting. I am not sure what your doctor has told you, but I myself did the Suboxone Detox and experienced worst withdrawal then when I was on Oxy's. I am sure that it differs from person to person and of course, with the amount of drugs you are actually ingesting. I, myself, was taking at one point anywhere from 500-1000mgs of Oxy a day...I would spend about 800.00 a day. My husband died from them and I got 80,000 in death benefits, SPENT IT ALL. I tried to do the Suboxone when he died, and when I stopped I was back where i started in withdrawal..All u wrote is true, except there are opiates derivitives in Suboxone,,(Subutex and Suboxone are the same) and u can most certianly become dependent on Sub..SO be careful..Dont get me wrong, it is a miracle drug, (little son  of a b**ch tastes horrible and takes forever to dissolve, but does do the trick)..you dont feel anything, but that is because your brain still thinks u are taking opiates. You have to be on Sub for a while to actually benefit from it. I know u feel great now, but if u stopped, u would be right back in withdrawal..I am not trying to be mean, MORE POWER TO U..U sound happy and determined to quit, good for u..Just be carefu. I am sure that your doctor has you on a good program and will wean u off of  the sub as well. If he tells you otherwise, well then I am not gonna argue, just telling u what Myself and a good amount of my friends have been throught with Sub...

Good Luck....Stay strong...
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Yes I did have the same experience too.  I did however have some difficulty getting off the sub BUT~~~~~~~~~ now hears the weird part!  I think that at that time I contracted the flu and thought it was WD"S  Geeze what timing and TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST, I still don't know whether or not I had a bug or was withdrawing from the sub... (35 days off hydros and 11 days of sub and I went to the ER to get some colonidine and ativan wich cured everything immediately...... flu like symptoms, the runs and achy all over, no energy).  Today I feel great... My wife and I are going on a DATE and spend the whole dang day at Marina Del Ray... Just to be with each other!

another thing you should know is that I did not follow the taper (well to the letter, I just went from 16 to 12 then I just CTed the Sub ending at 12mgs so that was probably part of the problem, I mean they bring you all of the way down to 1mg 4 times per day for a week  I would even try to stretch that if you could taking only when necessary cause the reaction is almost immediate.  And 1 week being each drop in dosage change... that drug is much more powerful than the vics. Please do not underestimate this little pill!   Save yourself some greif and do the taper like your life depended on it cause it really does.  It does work well....Geeze when I first got outta detox I was ranting a raving about it.  But the way I did it got me into a tiny bit of trouble....an extra half here and there.  I do recommend it.  Keep in mind also that there is potential for abuse so if the doc is not going to despense daily I strongly suggest a pill "police/person"
May God Bless You to those who want to change their lives...(heck, God's got me following Him now~~~~ Go figure?  I figure the hydros brought me to my kness and got up a better man. (course I am a little biased on that)
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
You are so right. I am glad someone backed me up. Sub does work wonders, but can be a demon itself.

Fish, when u said u got the flu..The same thing happened to me. Well, I think it was W/D's but I also got bronchitis and a severly runny nose along with it and thought it was a cold along with w/d's. My Dr. told me when u are on opiates for a long time, your immune systems works over time and you rarely get sick. Coming off, you are susceptible to anything and everything along with your w/d...Just letting u know. I was wondering why within my three year addiction, i was never sick...lol...

Anyway,,to Rachel...Sub is a good detox method, but dont underestimate it, it is addictive n u have to ween off..Just look out...

Lisa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.