Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
213991 tn?1214273019

12 days no Hydro and im trying to justify taking some

Ya past two days cravings have been through the roof. I went 5 days just normal felt like it was behind me and past two days my body just feels like ****. Like uncomfortable no matter what I do. I keep trying to justify to myself "well i went 12 days it woudlnt hurt to take 1 or 2 tonight and just relax around the house. IDK what to do.
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I've been there and gone back so many times...
i think that's why I'm having such a hard time now, because i've done this too my body so many times~ quitting, starting again.
You can do it, I'm proud of you for how long it's been! I honestly got to the point at one time that i thought, "i don't remember really what i liked so much about them"
I want to feel like that again. It of course just takes time, you'll have good days and bad and you're just having a few bad...
do whatever you can to stay busy. not saying don't think about it cuz you will anyway and trying so hard not to might just make it harder not too.
but think more about how you're not going to go back to "square one"
and even though I didn't like NA, athousand is too many and one is never enough. it's so true
it might ...ok it will make you feel good for about 4 hours at most. and then...i think with me anyway, the cravings would be much worse and its not worth it to start over again. (in my case...ug..and again and again)
stay strong, think about possitive things...exercise...anything exept going back down that road that turns out to be a dead end :) :)
Helpful - 0
My husband and I are both coming of a percocet addiction at the same time and this is what we say to each other...if we go back, eventually we will die (and orphan our children who DON'T deserve that) or we will have to go thru the w/d's again and who the heck wants to do that?!?!  You know nothing good will come out of going back to the opiates, so push thru with me and we will make it to the other side.  You have nothing to gain by going back to your old habits.  You have everything to gain by going forward.  I believe life will be good again.  It's like losing weight.  People don't put on 100 lbs over night, yet they want to lose it in 2 weeks with some miracle fad diet, and it ain't gonna happen.  Same with us.  We're going to have to face some dark days and work hard to get out of the mess we've gotten ourselves into.  We can do this.  Please don't turn back.  I promise I won't, if you promise you won't. :-)
Helpful - 0
213991 tn?1214273019
TY you two for the kind words and little stories. I think these feelings just came up because ive gotten 4 phone calls from diffrent ppl in the last 2 days saying that they got some Hydro. in. Ive went this long without them and i def. dont want to go through the w/ds again im just happy that i didnt lose my appetite like the other times ive tried to quit. But the amount of food i have to eat a day since my metabolism is high makes me feel uncomfortable especialy living in FL its so freaking hot outside its hard to force yourself to eat 6-8 times a day. I think im gonna be on here everyday it seems like when i dnot come on here for a couple days my mind wonders back to drugs. So ill make more of a habit to come on here and talk about the minor problems instead of waiting till i have the big problems. Also to others that have helped me this past two weeks im not ungreatful im just still in a bad place and before i can try and help others i need to make sure my head is on straight. I LOVE YOU ALL for helping me even though u dont know me but this fight has all united us. amy GL to you ill keep going if you keep going also. god bless.
Helpful - 0
I live in FL as well.  Near Jacksonville, but we are moving to Ft. Myers in August.  E-mail me if you want to: ***@****.  I am right there with you.  I had a "friend" who supplied me with major amounts of Percocet (I also paid him major amounts of money) and when I told him I was done, I don't think he thought I was serious.  He also knew he was going to be losing alot of supplemental income...so he called me many times telling me about all the Percocet that he had stockpiled for me and that if I ever got to a point where I couldn't handle it anymore, to give him a call (great friend, right?!?!).  I don't think he wanted to believe that our "business" dealings were coming to an end.  I finally just had to break off all contact.  I told him that nothing in my life would ever be so bad that I would turn back to the Percocet.  They left my life in shambles.  I owe it to my beautiful daugthers to never go back.  Even though I am talking all strong and positive right now, I know I'll have bad days to come, so I'm right there with you.  Please feel free to contact me anytime you need to.  Hopefully we can support each other on to a life without the stupid drugs.  Just knowing there are other people out there going thru the same things I am, yet getting better day by day, gives me the motivation to fight thru the hard times.
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
You have made it almost two weeks and that is soooooo good PLZ dont take more now .... I know the craving suck but after the first 30 ,35 days they really DO get much better ... I have one very rarely now and I am at 68 days . I LOVE LOVE LOVE life clean . so plz stay strong you can do it !!!!!!!!!!!!
Avis
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
You have come such a long way...Don't stop now. So many times I would stop taking my pills, go through w/d and then think it was out of my system and do it again...I just kept tearing up my body as well as my mind. We put ourselves through continuous hell, as addicts. I wouldn't even bother. You are through the wosrt..It can only get better...Soon, it will be nothing more then a memory. Good luck to you...

Lisa
Helpful - 0
213991 tn?1214273019
Thank you everyone for the kind words you have helped me once again to get my mind set back on RL and help me think of the consequnces beforre i did something stupid.
Helpful - 0
I know how you feel.  I have been busy at work for a second day in a row and I am lacking energy - pretty much feel like **** again.  I thought about "the pills" for a few seconds.  It is hard to know you could be feeling normal in a few minutes if you just take one pill...but then I wanted to smack myself upside the head.  I have come so far and I can't imagine going back to that life anymore.  I am sick of feeling like **** and would give anything for this to be over but like someone posted here you can't lose 100 pounds on some two week diet.  It's so true.  No more quick fixes.  We need to stay focused.  

Shelby
Helpful - 0
you do not need them, it is a mental thing, staart exercising and doing some walking or a treadmill, trust me....your brain says no I do not want to exercise or I can't...it will say anything besides "Hey I need to exercise"  once you start it will be hard at first but after a few days you will feel so much better, do NOT let your mind talk you out of it...I am 5 weeks with no hydrocodone, 2 weeks into exercise and I FEEDL GREAT...I have so much energy I am bouncing off the walls on a natural high.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.