A
A
Close

what to look for

How can I tell if someone is on heroin
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
pin point pupils, itchy, nodding off, falling asleep during conversations, those are just a few..
Helpful - 0
Trying watching the show "Intervention".  I know they show heroin addicts.  It is on A&E on Friday nights.  Great show - very helpful to us addict's to help us stay clean.  Nothing like seeing it first hand.

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Dr Phil is having a show about two twin sisters who are crack heads. It looks really interesting. I also like intervention and trying to get used to the new day it is on. :)

Tim
Helpful - 0
I Tivo Dr. Phil...I can't wait to see it later.  Not that I am happy they are crack heads or anything but you know what I mean.  Helps to relate to people.

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Is that the one on tonight???  I hope it is not too busy where I am!!! The show used to make me feel I wasn't that bad. heh heh  Thanks darlin.

Big hug,
Tim
Helpful - 0
It is a  rerun. I saw it and it was quite compelling (a little too "Hollywood" for me) but really had some great material (I mean as far as being helpful!)  Dr. Phil did not sugarcoat anything but really tried to get to the root of the problem and his main goal was to get them clean or get them out of the house. He doesn't pull punches and I actually like that about him.....No BS going on.

Hope you all get a chance to watch, I don't think they gave a date...they just said on this summer.
Marcie:)
Helpful - 0
Thanks Marce and very nice to meet you. I felt bad reading about your slip and glad to hear you are back on track. I am worried that I might not make it and am thinking of going into a recovery program. I read what you said regarding Beachtowels and think he is right. My cravings really are brutal at times. I tried having a few drinks and it ended up I had more than anyone should. I felt the cravings to the point that was unbearable. I was bonding with my toilet all night long and the next morning would have given anything for pills to get rid of the headache. It must be a hard day for you and I sympathize. I give you a lot of credit that you got back on track so fast. I think you have a plan in place and that is important.

Tim
Helpful - 0
Tim,

I am sorry that your cravings are so bad.  I wish there was something I could do to help you.  If you feel the need to go into recovery then you should do it.  Whatever it takes for you to beat this.  I would miss you of course! - but you do what you have to do.  Even if you decide to not choose recovery - something outpatient maybe?  I praying for you!

your lovey dovey,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Thanks my sweet one. I am just taking deep breaths and going to go out on the floor for awhile.

Hugs to ya,
Tim
Helpful - 0
176495 tn?1301280412

I saw that Dr Phil show (or series of shows) a few months ago but I never did see the last one to see how it all turned out.

Jim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.