Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Restless Leg, Please Help!

Today is my 2nd day off the subutex.  I was on the Subutex therapy for a total of 7 weeks (I split some of my 1 mg and did of week of .5 mg per day.  Which I thinK make things better in the end,   So today is day two.  Yesterday I felt fine.  Working around the house and some friends of ours call and say they are in Hilton Head, SC (about an hour & 45 min from us) so we decided to drive up today and let the kids play.  I am actually glad I did it.   I was forced  to be busy all day and never really experienced any side effects.  Some tiredness.  But right now I'm laying in bed my legs are so restless it feels like and earthquake in this bed.  They don't know that to do and I don't know how to get to sleep or how to get them to settle down.   I have taken 10 mg Ambien, thinking that would knock me out.  Not yet.  Took 4 mg of Zanaflex (muscle relaxer)...nothing and took 3 homeopathic pills  for Restless Legs.  I really don't know what else to do.  Everyone in the whole house is sleeping but me.  My legs are just twitching all over the bed like they have a life of their own.  Any advice?????

Thanks1
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
RLS is terrible to go through.  I would eat banana's for the potassium (usually three a day) and try melatonin (natural supplement) to sleep.  Have you seen the Thomas Recipe.  It deals with many of the withdrawal issue's.  Google it or look for it on this forum - I will try to find it too.  It helps!

All my best,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
I almost forgot - try a warm bath too!

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.