Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

feel as though i am about to lose

What if I am not ready for this.  I am so sick.  I hate this.  Is there anyway I can tell myself its ok to take something.  Just to take the edge off. Perhaps I didnt bring my tolerance down as I should have.
Maybe in another month.  I am going to disappoint so many people just to be able to take care of my family.  They are having a hard time with me lying around today.  Perhaps I should go down further before I do this detox.  I would rather not make it through day 1 than get to 2 or 3 and something happen.  I am trying not to listen to my brain but maybe I shouls go to rehab
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there. What day are you on? It takes a while before you get energy. I know the feeling just moping all day and everyone keeps asking are u ok? and you just want to snap and say leave me the f**** alone. Been there, done that....it gets better - know two things:

1) you are doing it for you

2) you are doing it for your family

think of what they are going through as what are you stay strong it will get better.

kind regards

alex
Helpful - 0
It is really hard for the first 5-7 days. You have to struggle and my heart goes out to you. Just get through it hour to hour. You are going to feel so good when your head starts to clear. Focus on your recover and nice things are in store for you.

Bless you,
Tim
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
It would be good for us to know how much how long and be specific, (I remeber I didn't want to come clean thinking there was some officer waiting to arrest me), but actually it's just people helping people getting clean here.
Best
Jim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.