Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Question about suboxone and pain Mgmt

Hi guys. I am thinking of asking my doctor this week for suboxone to get off of vicodin. The only problem is I do have chronic back pain. Does OTC stuff like tylenol work as well when your on subox? I hope that's not too dumb of a question but I don't know anything about suboxone. Thank you. Ggin35
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
my dr has my on subutex cause you can take pain meds with it if you need them and it does work cause i dont crave the hydros anymor but if iam in real pain i tal a loritab 10 but i dont abuse them does this make any since it really does work hope i helped
Helpful - 0
IMHO the sub is not a good answer for chronic pain. Might as well be a pez dispenser.
Helpful - 0
I've been taking Oxycontin for chronic back pain for about a year now.
I'm up to 320 mg a day. In the beginning it gave my life back, now it is taking it away. I have been considering Suboxone as an alternative for pain management. Any thoughts, comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Vmax152
Helpful - 0
you can toake otc non narcotic pain relivers however i doubt you will need to i take suboxone for chronic pain, i was addicted to fentayl and other pain drugs and was started on suboxone  in dec
Helpful - 0
Thanks hon. You are always so helpful:)
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I took Motrin with it and it worked...It ONLY blocks opiates... and if fact it only truely blocks them at high doses. Suboxone tightly binds the receptors in the brain.
Helpful - 0
My main concern right now staying out of pain but not staying addicted to vicodin. I heard that suboxone makes it so opiods don't work. I just want to know if it also makes OTC pain medicine not work because if it does I can't take it. I have done a lot of research on suboxone but I can't find anything about the question I'm asking right now. My back pain is really bad so I can't take anything that is going to make it worse. Does that makes sense? Thank you! Ggin35
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Yes it helps.. however.. due to your pain I highly caution you to  do your research on this..  I have come across some sketchy reports of being who have used this longer than needed to get off drugs..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.