Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Damn codeine

Hi all,

I've been taking a lot of codeine for about 4 years now. On average about 300mg per day sometimes up to about 450mg.

I'd love to get off it but not sure how. My doc has suggested the gently gently approach which sounds great but it just doesn't work with me. I kinda need to do things the all or nothing method so I was wondering who out there has gone turkey and how long it lasted?

Thanks

An Englishman
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Roslow, I am about to get off this stuff. I would love to do this with someone where we support each other. How about it? Lets do it.
Kysia
Helpful - 0
If you have been on codeine for 4 years the it will take you some time to seen off of it. Your body has adjusted to the effects on a daily basis and it will continue to react in this manner for some time. How long differs from person to person but the reality is that it could be months before you start to feel totally free from it. Don't give up and good luck.

Jeff
Helpful - 0
213991 tn?1214273019
ahhht the famous question "How long does it lasts". From what im told it lasts all your life.... mentally that is but w/ds are diffrent for everyone say a best guess would be 4days - 2 weeks for most ppl. I went c/t because I found myself rummaging around the house looking in all my hiding spots to see if i had 1 pill left after not having 1 for 12hrs. It was at that moment I felt like the biggest dirtiest piece of trash. That moment was 21 days ago and I dont ever want to be in that situation again.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.