Aa
A
A
A
Close
177036 tn?1192286635

Hey CATUFF

this part is sooo true it's funny

"It's good for me to see this stuff from 5 years ago. At the time I wrote the below I was in a wierd place - stuck between a) I've got this all figured out, I just have to adjust my method a bit and b) I'm a worthless piece of ****, who is an utter failure and completely worthless. At any given time one or the other seemed totally correct - I could not see that they were both dead wrong." (written by CATUFF)

good post Catuf.  This is from below for those who don't know......  My question to you CATUFF is,

What do you feel is the "right" answer now???

I am totally curious.  This website should be required reading for those who are about to embark on a new Opiate/narcotic pain prescription.

TIA CATUFF
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
52704 tn?1387020797
That's really a tough one.

These days I don't think I have answers to very many questions.  Most of the answers I do seem to have are far less clear or certain than I ever would have found acceptable in he past.  With few exceptions, I no longer feel good about seeing things as true or false, right or wrong, etc.

One good exception is the answer that I can't use or drink, at all, no matter what.  Another, might be that my Recovery depends on me being honest, open and willing.

Below is a copy of a good story on this topic.  I first heard this story on tape in September of 2005, while I was still in rehab.  I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I saw that what asked, so I'm glad I could find it on line.
=======================================
Once upon a time, there was a farmer in a small country whose horse ran away. His neighbors, when they heard, came to his farm and said "Oh it is terrible that your horse ran away!" The farmer replied, "I do not know if it is good or bad, I just know that my horse ran away."

Later, the farmer's horse returned and brought 2 wild horses. His neighbors, when they heard, came to his farm and said "I guess you were right, it was a good thing that your horse ran away!"

The farmer replied, "I do not know if it is good or bad, I just know that I have 2 horses to tame."

Later, the farmer's son was bucked off one of the wild horses and broke his leg. His neighbors, when they heard, came to his farm and said "I guess you were right, it was not a good thing that your horse ran away! Your son's leg would not be broken if the horse had stayed home."

The farmer replied, "I do not know if it is good or bad, I just know that my son has a broken leg."

Soon the farmer's country was involved in a border war with a neighboring country and all young men were called up to fight in the war. The farmer's neighbors said "I guess you were right, it was a good thing that your horse ran away! Your son's leg would not be broken if the horse had stayed home and he would be off fighting in the war"

The farmer replied, "I do not know if it is good or bad, I just know that my son does not have to fight in the war."
=========================
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
OOOPS  sorry about the two "F's" in your name.  Not intended.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.