Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Good Morning All - Even The Best Laid Plans Sometines Suffer Setbacks - Day 16.5 - Awaken, Terry129. and tztlady

Well i got up this morning at 6:00am, and as i was about to make a little breakfast, I heard thunder, then off in the distance, but when I got on the net and looked at the weather I realized it was headed right up our alley, so to speak.  So now it 8:00am, and I am rained out for the day.  It's kind of a bummer and  kinda not.  I got plenty of things to do, and I need to go into the city and get some supplies, so I will do that a bit later.

Hows everyone doing this morning? Well I hope.  I know this is a hard road for anyone to travel, and harder for some than others.  As has been said before there is no magic that can make it better overnight, no matter what you do,  It takes time, and it takes patience, it takes support, and it takes effort, it takes planning, and it takes desire.  It takes so many things, and sometimes it is hard to stay focused, especially when the monsters are trying to eat out your stomach, and the pain is so bad you wonder whether it it all worth it or not.  Well believe me, being 16 days beyond it, everyday is worth it, because when you start coming  out of that fog, and you start realizing how much confusion existed while you were on those nasty beasties, then you will know what I am talking about.  I cannot begin to tell you what I have went through over the last 15 days, but I can tell you that within myself I have become a stronger, more confident person.  I have grown older, but younger at the same time, I have realized things I never would have otherwise, and by doing what I have done, I have gained in ways I never realized possible.

If you are one of those that has this monkey on your back, and you really want to get it off, then I can tell you that though it is a hard road, and one that is full of bumps and hills, and everything else you can imagine, and not even imagine, you can and will be able to go down it successfully.

Awaken, you are always an inspiration to me, your words of encouragement and understanding have been of value beyond words, and I thank you so much.  I wish you much success and happiness, and many more years of growth, and satisfaction.

Terry129, in response to your suggestion that I take "Sub," I wish to explain something to you.  I was never mentally addicted the Methadone, only physically.  I hated the day that I started on it, and I hated everyday I was on it.  I was not a heroin addict, coming off of heroin, but rather a pain patient.  When I started I knew I would quit.  I hate narcotics, and the way they mess up ones mind, but sometimes they are a necessary evil.  I have been on morphine previously as well and I went off by tapering and then going c/t just as I have done with the methadone.  If I never "have" to take, and "have" being the keyword, I will never take either again.  I never got "high" off of it, I took it to relieve the pain I was suffering.  Sub, from what I have gathered is a way for those mentally addicted to narcotics to get off the bad stuff.  Yet, Sub is also addictive, and it then creates another dependency.  I realize that there are some who have been highly addicted to a narco, both physically, and mentally, and that sub has been a great blessing to them.  If that is what it takes to get the monster out, then so be it, but it is my firm belief that with willpower, planning, support and confidence, that anyone can leave any drug behind, and not need another to take its place.  Everyone has to ask themselves do I need another dependency to get rid of the one I already have.  In some of these forums, I see people struggling to get off of Sub too.  Why go through two or three dependency before coming off, why not just do one and have it over with?  I know that there are those that struggle with their addiction, and in some case Sub, is a good drug of intervention, but to recommend it to everyone I believe is wrong.

tztlady - thank you so much for your kind words, and your words of encouragement.  I believe that you believe that you can and will be successful in your endeavors.  May God bless and keep you.

As always,
Best of luck, and Keep the faith,
Ren

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
221182 tn?1199263667
I always miss the thunder and lightening the smell of rain in the air and the torrent of rain that comes down always energizing for me, So enjoy it and rejoice in your new life and I and others I am sure will do the same...Keep in touch when you can and kick butt on the job...always a-wakan
Helpful - 0
What an awesome post!  You are such an inspiration and your words are so passionate.  I am truly happy (my heart is smilin') that you have achieved this drug-free place in your life.  

Your words have encourage me, as well as many others and I am so glad that you are here.

Blessings,
tzt
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.