Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

BUP inquiry for Oxy-C detox...

If possible, please reply with any (layman) reference regarding BUP...Especially with regard to opiate detox (specifically Oxycontin, Percocet). Although managed prescription useage due to severe inflammatory disease and ANSAIDS damage, I'm interested in learning more about alternative methods of planned lowering/stopping useage of opiates after long term. Many of the links I've found are I would like to do some research on BUP and compare what I've 'heard' to some actual data or other's experiences...

Many thanks for any sincere advice...

Kindest regards to everyone...
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
214607 tn?1287677559
I did the bup shots...if you have any questions, let me know....

Lisa
Helpful - 0
What is BUP
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
Buprenorphine shots...weans you off opiates, large doses, but u will withdrawal from that too, not as hard..THen you do Naltrexone...it removes any remaining opiates..Its a rapid detox process.
Helpful - 0
yeah I have numerous questions...
I'm already giving myself Enbrel injections 2X week and don't think I can do any more shots...
what are the effects?...
what kind of med is it?...are pills available?...

I've gotten to the point that I really don't want to always think about 'meds'...the pain killing effects have worn down considerably, but the 'worry' of something going wrong at the pharmacy, counting meds 3X a day in the last week or two, just to make sure I don't go through the DT's is the main thing...plus I just don't feel good anymore...depressed, no appetite, no interests, loss of concentration...the craving...just not worth it...although the ansaids still work, I get violently ill after a dose or two...

I've currently cut down a bit on meds, but dealing with the i'mpending doom' feelings...can't control body temp (either sweating or freezing)...no energy, very lethargic...etc, etc...

I'd heard the BUP was really a miracle for many...but can't find any info that's not in 'doctor speak'...like trying to read a foreign language...so any info is appreciated...
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I used the Suboxone Sublingual tablets for 10 days to get off hydro.. worked great.. not many docs use the shots..  If you have any questions on the drug or detox let me know...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.