Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Full Blown W/D

Day 7. Just hit full blown W/D; extremely queasy, nauseous, feel disassociated, unable to sleep the last two nights, feel like I'm going crazy.

I can handle all the problems except the not sleeping. I'm looking for -any- suggestion that I can get to fall asleep, anyone that has any idea, please, help me.

I'm going on 3 hours of sleep for two days and I feel like I'm going crazy. I can't lay down in bed for more than ten seconds without feeling like absolute garbage, needing to move, squirm, shake, cry. It's hard to go through 8-12 hours of just laying there at night, suffering in agony.

I'm up for -any- suggestion right now for sleep. I've already tried melatonin; 15mg last night (my usual dose is 5mg) and did nothing for me. I've got one 6.25mg of ambien, very, very slim possibility I can get more; I can't get ahold of Valium or any benzo except for maybe Xanax, but I don't really have the cash for anything of expense right now. If I can get some Xanax, what should my dosage be to put me out?

I'm about 5'11 and I weigh about 165. Good condition as far as health goes and everything. The last time I took Xanax, I think it was 2mg, but it was followed by a beer and that wiped me. I'd rather do it safer than without a beer if I can. But I've taken 1mg and .5mg of Xanax and it did nothing as far as a sedative effect goes. I don't know if I should get a couple bars and take the whole thing, or what.

Is Ambien safe to take with melatonin for sleep? I don't know exactly how melatonin affects the body, neither do I with Ambien.

It's funny how I'm more concerned with sleep than any of the other above w/d symptoms. >_> Please! I'm begging for help. I'm suffering. :(
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
have u ever tried seroquel?my dr precribed 4 me when i was coming off methdone and it worked.good luck
Helpful - 0
Just because you are on day 7 does not mean things are easy.  You can have one day where you are feeling ok and then the next day can be hard.  That's why it is so important to take the vitamins and get moral support here.  The first month the depression can get to you - I learned to talk things out with everyone here and you get through it a lot faster.

All my best,

shel
Helpful - 0
I am sorry to hear about your w/d's.

Are you following the Thomas Recipe at all?

It might make you comfortable enough to sleep.

Lisa had some good ideas.

I am not sure about the Ambien - I know that Xanax did help me to sleep in the beginning.  I took it along with Tylenol pm.

Shel
Helpful - 0
your on day 7 and this is the worst are you serious!  well, i feel so sorry for you  i would think that on day 7 you would be feeling better .  well if misery loves company hang-on i was taking 30 vics a day and this is day 2 with nothing so far i dont feel horrible,  but afer seeing your post i am waiting.

hang in there you give me hope
Helpful - 0
I've definitely got the RLS badly. That and the fact that my stomach is on fire, and it seems like the RLS seems to calm it, at least to an extent, is what's keeping me up. How much melatonin were you taking to get to sleep? Like I said, I took it before this, too; I've been taking it for probably about 8 months now, I started at 3mg, upped to 5mg, then I started to take 7.5-10mg on nights if I wanted to get extra sleep, didn't have to be up early, or was high from something and just wanted to chill and crash.

The 10mg made me drowsy, but the minute I sat down on the bed and laid back, I started to drift then everything hit me all at once. I suffered all night, pacing the halls at 4am.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to get the xanny, if I can, that'd be great; if I have to, though, tonight, I'll try the ambien and melatonin. I don't know if I should do 5mg or 10mg, though; is there a safety issue there? If not, I'll just do the 10mg.
Helpful - 0
I felt it to an extent the first two days or so, then the next couple of days I was actually feeling better; almost as if everything had passed. But the last two nights everything's been hitting me so much harder. No sleep, anxiety, pain, emotional distress, everything.

I just want sleep. And any suggestion for it. :(
Helpful - 0
i did 20 + nights with zero sleep.

i was going crazy after 5, by 20 i was in a state of zombie.

hot milk, hot baths, helped a little

eventually you will start to get an hour here and an hour there,

its horrible but needs to be endured to get out the other side,

good luck, your not alone, we are here for you.
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
I know what you mean. Lack of sleep was one of the worst parts for me too. I tried Melatonin and it worked, but I had to take alot and I felt like **** the next day. Try getting a heating pad and place it whereever you are feeling jittery. I couldn't sleep cause of the RLS in my legs, so the heating pad worked. Try taking a warm bath before bed, sleep in there if you have to, I did it. Try the ambien and the melatonin. If you are lying in bed and you can't fall asleep, dont continue to lay there, get up, walk around, go make some warm milk, if you like it, then go and try again. When u lay there, you keep thinking about sleep and it never comes. If u can get the zanax, get it..it should help. The worst is over, you can do it...Good Luck...

Lisa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.