Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Oxy WD ......Hour 30

eyyyy guys im on hr 30 of oxy WD...at about 8 oclock last night i took a 20 mg methadone but then realized tht was stupid...so i want to know if that is going to delay my W/D processs.....and my friend is gettin me suboxone...is that good for me? i only plan on takin it for a day or two so i hope that short period wont get me hooked......thanks alot if anyone can answer those questions thankkkkkks everyoneeeee
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sub if used properly short term with a set taper works for some, myself I still had brutal WDs coming off Sub, but my doctor was bad and he didn't advise me at all. When I say fill in drug i mean someone like me who was using it when I didn't have my DOC. You might want to look at Sub for a short term if your serious about quitting ( Less then 20 days).  Day 24 here and Life is so much better!  Go for It!
Helpful - 0
I see your comment about Sub as a fill in drug for Oxy, and I have also had that concern.  If someone is trying to get off all narcotic drugs, besides going cold turkey, are there any other options?
Helpful - 0
Once you take the Sub you need to wait at least 24 hours, for oxy to work. I was using Norco's, but they never seemed to work right after Sub for 3 or 4 days.    I'd be more concerned that your using Sub as a fill in Drug for Oxy..... This my Friend is a losing proposition........
Helpful - 0
does taking 1 suboxone to get u through a day with no pills stop oxycotin from working
Helpful - 0
no prob thank you for your help
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I don't mind helping you figure it out but would you mind emailing me?? My email is ***@****  i feel better giving you the suggestion that way...
Helpful - 0
yea i can get it for a week supply....so what should i do with it then?
Helpful - 0
just sent t he email
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
you have to wait 24-48 hours after taking methodone b4 taking Suboxone... taking it after taking methodone will put you into severe WD"S... go to suboxone.com for more info on this...
Helpful - 0
welppp forget that i guess then... i have like 3 darvocet and 2 vicoden .....and 3 ambien.......should i take any of that??? or nooo cuz i wont if u tell me not to hahah
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
2 days just isn't enough time to use sub.. it has to be tapered or it alone can produce serious WD... If you can use it for a week it is a good idea... you start it after you haven't taken a oxy for 12-16 hours.. you have to be in at least mild to moderate withdrawl to start taking sub or it will put you in severe WD.. it is generally advised to use Sub during the time the Oxy would be leaving your body.. that takes 3-5 days... If you use it for only 2 days you will still be in WD from the Oxy when you stop taking the sub... so if you can use it for a week then I can help you with how much and when to take it...
I just would hate for you to only take it for 2 days and then end up in worse WD.. which is what will probably happen..
Helpful - 0
about 120 mgs of oxy i was takin....so basically i shouldnt take any of this stuff??? i thought if i onyl take the suboxone for 1 or 2 days that would work out , no? what will it do to me? thanks for your help .
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Don't use the Sub if you are only gonne use it 1 or 2 days... will mess you up more than it will help.. the half life is really long... so 2 days of it is enough to keep it in your body for 6 days... If you are not going to do a proper taper with it then it should not be used...
the methodone probably delayed the peak of your WD's... the half life of that is very long as well
How much Oxy are you coming off of??
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.