Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Oxy withdrawl

I am in need of some massive help. My mom has been on oxys for about 7 years after having massive reconstructive surgery on her back. We have moved out of state and we cannot find a Dr to prescribe it where we live so she is out. Her old Dr decreased her dose over 3 weeks and now she is totally done. She is suffering from massive withdrawl and we cannot find a Dr here that will even treat her for the withdrawl because of what drug it involves. I see Clonidine is supposed to help with the withdrawl symptoms. Does anyone have any information on taking clonidine for withdrawl? Like dosing information, etc. Does anyone know of anything else we can do to help her with the withdrawl. How long will the withdrawl last? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
here in california the longshoreman and doctors are making a fast buck with there insurance and the more people they refer more money! all for oxycottins.the longshoremen have it mde exspecially there insurance and maake good money how dare them abuse there insurance make up to 1400.00 off a script yyes they do!why is the da pemitting ths?what all of a sudden only the big increased junkeys are longshoreman and women,is the da on oxy to?i seen one doctor get closed down,and now everyone is going to a doctor at his house?lost his office?Dr Steven Smith San Pedro ca 90731 thats all he does allday write scripts!and San Pedro Pharmacy should be shut down!and the dea or da should be fired!doesnt he see a very active very ACTIVE community poppin pills? can anyone do something? sincerely,blow there cover!      p.s. and these are out into the streets waiting on young kids  someone needs to get off here *** and put thesedoctors/pharmacies/ IN JAIL! and FIRE LONGSHOREMAN
Helpful - 0
that is terrilbe..i think i would call the doctor that has been doing this even out of state and tell him you are suing him because her withdrawlas are so bad..i know that is not the right advice to give..BUT it just makes me so darn mad when a  doctor does this..The least he can do is call in some clonodine..THE LEAST!!!
how long has she been off ?? can she get her new family doctor to call in some clonodine??
I am so sorry,
R2R
Helpful - 0
Her Dr says he cannot do anything because we moved out of state. But the strange thing is we have been out of state for a year and he has done it all this time.She really does not want to go to the ER because she was told they would keep her. I tried her new family DR here and he says he doesnt want to get involved because of what medication it involves...
Helpful - 0
Is there anyway for you to email me or instant message me? My email is ***@**** and my IM name is amy82195.
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
HI.  i'm sorry about your mother.
Why can't her Dr call something in or mail out a prescription?  Is that possible?  How old is your mother?  Maybe take her to the emergency room?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.