Aa
A
A
Close

Genetics Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

1 - 20 (of 1396) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My Half Sister is a caucasian woman of German Ancestry, for years her Doctors tried treating her for severe Anemia, they nearly killed her. She was kind of astranged from her father's family, but descovered that almost every member of h...
concrnedbrother267 | Last answer
In 2009 I started to experience tendon rubbing in both of my ankles. After a few months the tendon rubbing starting to affect other joints on both sides such as my shoulders, lower back, wrists and elbows. In 2015 the crepitus spread to ...
kurtfen | Posted
1354110_tn?1364918267
Hello, After 2 Miscarriages, my husband was recently identified as a Balanced Reciprocal Translocation carrier between chromosome 1 and 10 46, xy,(t1,10)(q42.1,q26.3), My Karyotyping came out normal. Our ob/gyn advised us to go with IV...
PT110 | Last comment
My cousin ,48 years old is suffering from heredo macular degeneration .Is there any breakthrough in treatment for the same in India or anywhere else in the world? Any information wrt the right hospitals and doctors will be of great help....
Alka04 | Last answer
i hv been diagnosed with heredo macular degeneration...is there any cure available in India??AIIMS hs suggested me to b a part of an ongoing research using stem cells...will dat help,should I go for dat treatment..im also attaching my FF...
yash_tuli | Last answer
Hi I am 33 years old, i have balanced traslocation of 14,21 .. Now pregnant on my 20 weeks. I did CVs testing on my 11- 12 weeks .. and it came back negative, and we are having a baby girl with the same balance translocation I have .. ...
Sarsoora | Posted
Hi everyone. So i was concerned about my genetics and wanted someones opinion. My grandmother had breast cancer at the age of 50 and my mother was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis around 30 and also had a thymoma, so I was wondering that...
kippie01 | Posted
I am researching the benefits of open adoption for a book I am writing. I am looking for real-life examples of why children need to be in touch with their biological parents for medical reasons. For instance, is there a disease or medica...
AmyPekke | Posted
Does anybody else have children or know anything about this rare deletion?
emann011913 | Last answer
Hi I am having B+ Blood group and my huband is having same blood group and we both are having madhya nadi, Can we face some problems for child. Plz reply as M in so much tension..........
palkar | Posted
I am 25 years old and since 2 years I am suffering from acne, excessive facial hair and hair loss. I've had irregular periods my whole life. I would go months without it. For this reason I had an ACTH stimulation test. I have a few quest...
MagdalenaR | Posted
I am reaching out in search of a cure for my adolescent sister. She was diagnosed as having a "not otherwise specified" behavioral disorder. After 15 years' worth of doctor visits, tests, and appointments, I know that reaching out to t...
daj1798 | Last answer
My daughter has a 1q44 duplication, as well as a 16p13.2 duplication. I have been told by genetics that she is the only one with either of these two duplications. Does anyone else have these? If you are a Dr., what are the symptoms or ch...
jenjill | Posted
1409346_tn?1284152750
My 3 year old daughter was diagnosed with a rare chromosome abornormality of the 16th chromosome.I have been to a genetic doctor several times and so far there is no other known case reported with her chromosome duplication. I just saw t...
Miahlill2 | Last answer
Hi there, new to this as of about 10 minutes ago ha. I was wondering if anyone has pseudohypoparathyroidism? I got diagnosed 6 years ago when my mum died ( i was 18 years) i have been admitted to hospitla 5 times since to be put on intra...
Rhewitt89 | Last answer
Is there anyway to know who I inherited my short height genetics from? Because I probably stunted my height myself. Most of people nowadays are taller than their parents.
LeBeauPrince | Last answer
So I am in love with one of my blood-relations. She has the same last name as mine. My father's dad and her father's dad are brothers. So we got the same blood line. That makes us blood relations. So the question here is, will there be a...
Droo98 | Last answer
My baby had multiple seizures a few hours after birth. His MRI scans showed his brain cells were dying off quickly in multiple areas of the brain, within the span of a week or so. The seizures only went on for a couple days and were able...
Xlizziex6 | Posted
Hi, I have a rare genetic condition that was passed down from my father. I frequently have questions that come up in terms of how this affects my day-to-day health, questions I have about having children, medications I can be on, etc. ...
stellar2419 | Posted
I have recently been diagnosed with this B vitamin deficiency, do the B12 and folic acid supplements have good prognosis? Any side effects to be concerned about?
Ravenowl72 | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...