Aa
A
A
Close

Genetics Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

1 - 20 (of 1398) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, I am a 22 year old female. I have been having chronic pain since the age of 15 and I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia because there has been nothing found that is explainable for the pain. I also have a heart condition that is c...
  Posted
If a child has the HLAB27 maker and one parent has been tested and shown not to have it, must the other parent have it or can it skip a generation and actually have been inherited from a grandparent? This discussion is related to HLA-B...
  Posted
Hi im 32 years old male. We have blood test in our company every year, last years doctors said to me that you dont have enough iron(fe) in your blood and you should eat meat more, but this one doc told me that you are minor. In my cbc ...
  Posted
1354110 tn?1364918267
Hello, After 2 Miscarriages, my husband was recently identified as a Balanced Reciprocal Translocation carrier between chromosome 1 and 10 46, xy,(t1,10)(q42.1,q26.3), My Karyotyping came out normal. Our ob/gyn advised us to go with IV...
  Posted
Dear Doctor, My wife period date 24 June 2013 but till 29 June. 2013 monthly period did not come. On 29 June. 2013 she took MTP Cipla medicine 1 tab mtpill (mifepristone) After 24 hrs she take 2 tab misoprostol. but she did not start b...
  Posted
My Half Sister is a caucasian woman of German Ancestry, for years her Doctors tried treating her for severe Anemia, they nearly killed her. She was kind of astranged from her father's family, but descovered that almost every member of h...
  Posted
In 2009 I started to experience tendon rubbing in both of my ankles. After a few months the tendon rubbing starting to affect other joints on both sides such as my shoulders, lower back, wrists and elbows. In 2015 the crepitus spread to ...
  Posted
My cousin ,48 years old is suffering from heredo macular degeneration .Is there any breakthrough in treatment for the same in India or anywhere else in the world? Any information wrt the right hospitals and doctors will be of great help....
  Posted
i hv been diagnosed with heredo macular degeneration...is there any cure available in India??AIIMS hs suggested me to b a part of an ongoing research using stem cells...will dat help,should I go for dat treatment..im also attaching my FF...
  Posted
Hi I am 33 years old, i have balanced traslocation of 14,21 .. Now pregnant on my 20 weeks. I did CVs testing on my 11- 12 weeks .. and it came back negative, and we are having a baby girl with the same balance translocation I have .. ...
  Posted
Hi everyone. So i was concerned about my genetics and wanted someones opinion. My grandmother had breast cancer at the age of 50 and my mother was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis around 30 and also had a thymoma, so I was wondering that...
  Posted
I am researching the benefits of open adoption for a book I am writing. I am looking for real-life examples of why children need to be in touch with their biological parents for medical reasons. For instance, is there a disease or medica...
  Posted
Does anybody else have children or know anything about this rare deletion?
  Posted
Hi I am having B+ Blood group and my huband is having same blood group and we both are having madhya nadi, Can we face some problems for child. Plz reply as M in so much tension..........
  Posted
I am 25 years old and since 2 years I am suffering from acne, excessive facial hair and hair loss. I've had irregular periods my whole life. I would go months without it. For this reason I had an ACTH stimulation test. I have a few quest...
  Posted
I am reaching out in search of a cure for my adolescent sister. She was diagnosed as having a "not otherwise specified" behavioral disorder. After 15 years' worth of doctor visits, tests, and appointments, I know that reaching out to t...
  Posted
My daughter has a 1q44 duplication, as well as a 16p13.2 duplication. I have been told by genetics that she is the only one with either of these two duplications. Does anyone else have these? If you are a Dr., what are the symptoms or ch...
  Posted
1409346 tn?1284152750
My 3 year old daughter was diagnosed with a rare chromosome abornormality of the 16th chromosome.I have been to a genetic doctor several times and so far there is no other known case reported with her chromosome duplication. I just saw t...
  Posted
Hi there, new to this as of about 10 minutes ago ha. I was wondering if anyone has pseudohypoparathyroidism? I got diagnosed 6 years ago when my mum died ( i was 18 years) i have been admitted to hospitla 5 times since to be put on intra...
  Posted
Is there anyway to know who I inherited my short height genetics from? Because I probably stunted my height myself. Most of people nowadays are taller than their parents.
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources