Aa
A
A
Close

HIV * Living With * Forum

This is a forum for individuals who have been diagnosed with HIV. Here patients are welcome to ask a question about HIV and receive an answer from a leading medical expert. You will also be able to find others who share your interest in living with HIV for the purpose of sharing information and support. If you have NOT been diagnosed with HIV, please visit our HIV Prevention Forum or our Living With HIV Community or our HIV Prevention Community.

1 - 20 (of 54) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi , during July 2013 I had flu like symptoms which lasted about 2weeks. I was tested for HIV at the beginning of August and the result was positive, viral load 90,000 but a cd4 count of 760. I started treatment on 15 august , taking tru...
Newby7553 | Last answer
I had neuro syphilis (rash, lost some hearing stage 2 i believe it was) about 2 years ago and went on atripla at that time. There was a few months (from December 2012 until about June 2013) i was off the meds due to my insurance/cost etc...
scottvan34 | Last answer
Hi there does someone know whether taking orlistat can affect the effectiveness of HIV meds ( truvada & kaletra). thanks
Altavista12 | Last answer
Hi, Thanks for taking time to read my post and help address my questions. I am a gay male who has recently been "diagnosed" with HIV based on an early detection panel test. On 11/12/12 neg OraQuick test. 1/7/13 high fever of 103. N...
anewstart | Last answer
Dear Dr. Handsfield, I have started with antiretroviral therapy in April this year after my cd4+ further declined to 480 and viral load remained very high at 800,000 even after 6 months after exposure. I am currently on combination o...
boyko86 | Last answer
Hello, I am 25 years old and HIV positive since Aug 2012. The infection has been detected during the first weeks of a primary infection. I had flu like symptoms for almost a month and had other symptoms as well. My first test results wer...
boyko86 | Last answer
Dear Dr. I have been on Atripla since December 2011. My current VL is 56 (copy/ml) and CD4 above 800 (February 2013). In December 2012 my VL was 44(copy/ml) ; September 2012, 77(copy/ml); July 2012, 120(copy/ml) and CD4 consistently ab...
Gash15 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank