Aa
A
A
Close

Mirena IUD Side Effects Support Group

A help site for women who have had mirena side effects,lots of mirena horror stories,advice,imformation,help.

1 - 20 (of 109) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My current mirena should have been replaced on Oct of 2014(this is my 5th on ).unfortunately my insurance was giving me a hard time. Since then I've been married and we are talking about having kids. I guess my question is how long after...
hope1079 | Posted
So I had my mirena removed after 3 years of having it in. I never had a problem when it was in. My periods were no more, except for occasional spotting. I did gain a little bit of weight, but that's okay. My moods remained unchanged. I w...
Akeags | Posted
I've had mirena in since late March 2015. My period has always been like clockwork between starting between the 5-7th of the month lasting 2 to 3 days even on Mirena. I haven't even had any spotting at all this month, and I've never been...
abcdoggirl | Posted
I am on my second mirena. The first one was overall very good to me. This one though, I've had for 2-3 years cant remember exactly when I got it put in. But I have been having chronic headaches to migraines for just over 2 years now & ha...
shinyamazing | Posted
I have had a the mirena placed since spring of 2010. It is due to be changed with spring. However, I have never had a period since having placement. Last month I had an increase of PMS symptoms (back pain and cramps). This month it i...
KrisC12 | Posted
I've had mirena in for almost 3 years now with hardly any side effects or problems. I haven't had a real period in over a year. About 2 weeks ago, my boobs became fairly tender and swollen. This lasted about a week. I had 1 day of extrem...
Rileysmommy1202 | Last answer
Quick rundown- My wife, 36, had the Mirena in for 12 months with side effects of continuos spotting, insomnia, bacterial infections and anxiety. Still herself but not very happy with the side effects and very stressed. She had it remove...
Jurb | Posted
Okay so I got the iud in October of 2013. The whole time I felt like I was pregnant and I had heavy bleeding. I actually went to the hospital at one point. They took an ultrasound and a cat scan. They sent me home and told me nothing was...
amarie5 | Posted
I've had the Mirena sine April 2013. At right about my one year anniversary I began to feel like a different person. I don't have any energy, become very irritable about one to two weeks before my period, & sometimes feel really depresse...
ab36 | Last answer
I am currently on the 2nd year of my 2nd mirena. I have been suffering with constant nausea and stomach spasms for almost 2 years. I have lost a lot of weight and live like I'm 80 yrs old, as in I spend so much time in bed. Also, I am ...
Pamela4 | Last answer
So I have had my mirena for a year now, never had any issues. My boyfriend has recently started to get " sores" so to speak that look like cuts from my strings I remain very dry during sex no matter what we use to help supplement this. H...
caitiechell | Last answer
I got my Mirena IUD inserted a little over three weeks ago and everything has been as expected. I experienced cramping and spotting the first week, then a little spotting on and off since. In fact, last week the spotting went away. On...
Elena1986 | Last answer
Hi all, after a lifetime of problematic periods and following removal of fibroids, fed by the pill, I had a Mirena put in. (If you have had sexual abuse history I recommend going under for insertion and not trying to do it without anaest...
I'm in my early 20's with no children. I had the Mirena for 2 1/2 years. I liked that it eliminated my periods and I felt safe not using condoms. However, it was so not worth it. For almost the whole time I had the Mirena, I had Bacter...
Miner_E | Posted
Hi all, New user to this site so unsure whether this has already been asked. Just wanting to know if, among other symptoms, people have experienced this after a mirena insertion. Extreme fatigue, stomach pain, excessive bloating, gen...
3littlepeople | Last answer
I got my IUD put in 12 weeks pp and my daughter is now 17 months. I fully weaned her about a month and a half ago. Since then I've had on and off cramps, brown spotting every day out of nowhere. This is the first spotting or bleeding and...
Arg18 | Posted
Hi everyone! My issue with Mirena isn't as drastic as some of the stories I've read on here but I still would love some help and feedback... I've had my IUD for almost a year now and while I haven't had cramps, bleeding, or bodily pain...
AngieM27 | Posted
Hi, I've had my IUD for 2 years now and for about a year and a half I've been having my period 3 times a month. I went to my doctor and got an ultrasound done to see if it was placed incorrectly or if there was something wrong but the re...
Megneale | Posted
I had the mirena placed 3 weeks ago. Initially I had some bad cramping and spotting, which they said would happen. I just felt like I could "feel" it in there. Last week I found a really painful sore down in the vaginal area. I am in a ...
Egirl75 | Posted
So I got the mirena placed a year ago. Three months later a 3cm cyst formed on my right ovarie and had ruptured. Since then I have had 3 more painful cyst episodes and with every episode comes more intense symptoms. A week and a half ago...
annalisamarie | Last answer
A
A
Recent Activity
6443793_tn?1391648899
Blank
NimdaAilil uploaded a new photo
Jan 26
Blank
hope1079 new york Comment
Jan 03
Blank