Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
About This Forum:

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Sort by:
Last Post
Date Started
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
By bigg12x
Im 23 year male and very healthy life style and don't smoke. All day I get shortness of breath where breath doesn't g...
By Ivy3200
Hi, I'm a 35 year old active female. I have 3 kids, and a very successful business. 6 weeks ago during crossfit, I h...
By pinkroom76
I have Pulmonary Hypertension at first I was told PAH then I was told it was due to the left sided heart failure. Two...
By Damien3981
My 3 year old son was born with a 10mm VSD that went undiagnosed for his first 8 months of life. We were told it was ...
By jude469
Sixty-six y/o female with dxed moderate (dobutamine stress echo) PH secondary to COPD. No pressure numbers were provi...
By workingk9
I'm a 42 yr F athlete. 5'3"/115. Started cycling/run 4 yrs ago. About yr ago started feeling bad after races. Started...
By 0Freaked0
I'm 22, female, normal weight. A year ago, I started getting extreme exercise intolerance and tachycardia during a fl...
nvedFeb 16
nvedFeb 05
nvedFeb 02
nvedFeb 02
By nved
I had a echocardiogram because i was afraid i had endocarditis from a dental abscess and it was normal but i am stuck...
By viofnc
What are (echocardiogram) resting as well as during stress test pulmonary pressures upper normal ranges in average ...
7257553_tn?1389960637
By SeanMichael24
I am a pretty healthy 24 year old male who has gone through a bunch of testing for different reasons over the course ...
By p1954
from recent 2D echo: mitral Doppler consistent with grade 2 diastolic dysfunction. tissue relaxation velocity ab...
By loree147
I had two right heart catheterizations back in 2009 that were negative. Still symptomatic. Recently went to see a res...
Jonathan D. Rich, MD Nov 16, 2013
By nazhoni
A recent echo showed I have severe pulmonary hypertension. I can't get in to see my pulmonologist for a few weeks. ...
Jonathan D. Rich, MD Nov 14, 2013
By jujulang
For 10 yrs I have had mild to moderate readings of PH on my echos. I tested positive for SCL-70 but no other antibod...
Jonathan D. Rich, MD Nov 14, 2013
Verynervous11Nov 08, 2013
Verynervous11Nov 07, 2013
Jonathan D. Rich, MD Nov 08, 2013
By Verynervous11
Please help!!! I had a noticed a few extra heart beats here and there. My dad had open heart in December to repair h...
MissypaulineNov 03, 2013
Jonathan D. Rich, MD Nov 02, 2013
By Missypauline
I have Mitral Valve disease and my cardiologist has told me that this leaky valve has caused me to have Pulmonary Hyp...
MissypaulineOct 31, 2013
Jonathan D. Rich, MD Nov 02, 2013
By JennySnider
I have had an echo done where I was told that I have mild to moderate mitral valve regurgitation. The pressure was 47...
Me1420Oct 15, 2013
sudsy120Oct 14, 2013
Jonathan D. Rich, MD Oct 23, 2013
PH?
By Me1420 Blank
I recently had an echo done with an RVSP of 36 mmHg. I'm a single mom and scared to death that I could have PH. I we...
By Oceancik Blank
Hi hope some one can give me advice in February 2013 I was pregnant and had a miscarriage at 17 weeks after I got my ...
Jonathan D. Rich, MD Oct 15, 2013
By sudsy120 Blank
I have been diagnosed with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) and am just curious as to what the cause of death is...
This Forum's Experts
1884349_tn?1353818598
Jonathan D. Rich, MDBlank
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Chicago, IL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979