Acne Community
Rather large bump near my jawline, what is it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

I have rather stubborn acne but it's been getting better recently, however a while back, say four months ago, I had felt a rather large one near my jaw.  Being an idiot i tried to pop it, but instead of popping i felt it collapsing underneath my skin, it was still there but it felt like I had just flattened it.  That was four months ago.  Since then it's been either been very flat and not noticable to swelling like crazy.  I have no idea what it is, it doesn't hurt to touch (although it does feel sore) but when it becomes large it feels as if it's filled with something liquid.  But it's impossible to pop, i've decided to leave it alone but even after two months of not touching it it still remains. It's about an inch in diameter and the skin on it is always red.  Also, there is absolutely no hair that grows on it, around it yes, but not on top of it.  My beard grows fine everywhere else except that exact spot.
Probably hormonal/stress.  You can go to the dermatologist and they will inject the bump with cortisone so the infection will subside and swelling should go down.  hope that helps.