Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
1st day off methadone!!!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

1st day off methadone!!!!

Ok think I will try to make the jump from my taper today!!!   Please prayers are needed my way!  Going to work.  Any encouragment will be greatly appreciated!!  

Been tapering since jan 1st off of 15-20 mg!!

Praying all my buddies have a great day!!  

Hugs -- Chris
Good luck today and congrats as you can do this. Heading to work is smart. Take some crackers & water for the tummy and maybe a jacket for the chills. Hang in there. K
This is the first day of the rest of your life.. You can do this.. I wasn't able to taper, i had to do it the hard way and go c/t.. Keep your mind positive, and tell yourself over and over again things will get better. I'll be praying for you today. hope you have a great day at work, even in your situation. Good luck!
Thanks to you both!!  Today will be a good day.  I'm stocked piled w vitamins.  Let's do this!!!!!  Time to get the show on the road!!!  

Thanks guys
So far so good!!!!  I will make it!!!  It's been over 27 hours since I took my last dose of methadone!!  Which was 1.25!!  

God is with me!!!  
I think you will have a pretty decent day.  Any wd you have should be pretty minimal and most likely wont start for another 12 to 24 hrs due to methadones half life.   Have a great day!  Wishing ylu much success in your new life.
Thank u so much.  Just trying to keep myslef pumped up. ;)
Awesome!!! Just awesome!

I am so proud of you girl. I have no doubt you can and will get through this. I know it in my heart. You've done great dealing with the taper so I know you can finish it off. If you need anything, let me know!!!
Thanks so much sweetness!!  You're a true inspiration to me.   U get to see the dentist or oral surgeon today right?

Btw I have the chills, sneezing and congested while working.  But dang it im not on any pills.  And I'm proud of that!!!!
Oh girlfriend you will do it!!! Hey I guess u did figure out the pic thing I like it....I waited a bit after we PM 'd but I went to bed. So i guess you did good.
Now we will go figure the name..Envolver called me this so I used it instead of moose-lips Ha! thats my nick name here...Just keep up that shineing white bright smile and give a wink at your D boss...Ha! lol.

God Bless u
vickie
You are awesome Ces!!!!!   you can do it.   so proud of you even though I don't know you.   :)     ;)    
You should be proud!! Keep it up girl, you got this.. And i hated the sneezing part.. I would literally sneeze like 10 times in a row.. ugh but keep us posted on your progress. We're all here cheering for you.
You made the jump..that is awesome, the scariest part done now its all willpower,  and with all the support here I know you can do it! Pulling for you...
I sneezed like crazy the whole withdrawal!! Drove me bonkers. Lol. You're doing great though...dont let anything stop you now!

And yep, just got home from the dentist and my new obturator will be ready in a couple weeks. :) I'm sooo impatient. Can't wait. Lol.
I'm
Seriously overwhelmed by all the support of you guys.  Thank u all sooooo much!!  
I did ok at work.  Sneezed and had stuffy nose all day long.  But I can handle that.  It's the sleeping I will need to attack if I start loosing too much of it. Lol

I will defeat this ugly a$$ monster that's been knocking on my door.   Once and FoR All!!  

(tears) thank u all for cheering me on.  Please dont stop w the kind words  im sure I will be hanging tight to this forum for  a while

So funny. All my co workers just think I have a cold or something.  I guess u could call it that.  Lol.  
One really awesome thing to report is...... I haven't laughed this much in a LONG time.   It was better than any freaking pill.   Despite all the sneezing and decibgestion. The laughing I amazing!!!!  I can't believe how empty I was.   And didn't even realize it.  

Truly blessed.   Thank u God.  
You CAN do this . . . the sleep thing is so common (or lack thereof shall I say?).  But it WILL return.  Now the sneezing . . . IDK, over 3 months clean and still sneeze every day!  Not nearly as bad as early WD, but weird.  And it is ALWAYS 3 times!  

Hang in there . . . every day gets better :)
1, 2, 3, JUMP.....and she's OFF!!!  YEAH YOU!!  About 36 hrs now, huh?
But who's counting? hahaha!
You can do this......temptation will knock.....and LOUDLY......but you DON'T have to answer the door!

Are you still in a "home" situation where methadone is around you?  That would be REALLY tough for me.....but I'm sure you have a plan.

You GO GIRL.....prayers abound~
FourJays, i STILL sneeze every day too at almost 4 months!!   mine comes 2-3 at a time as well...so annoying but i guess it does it for a reason...lol  

and congrats on the jump Ces!!  you are doing great!  just hang here as much as you need to for support! you can do this!  :)
Thank u all so much!! Hanging in there!!  Sneeze, sneeze, sneeze.... Lol.

It's all good.  No biggie.  Hopefully I can get a few zzzzz's tonite!!

I will be back later guys,).
It been 30 hours since my last dose!! Lol. Relaxing. Feel fine.  And I won't fight sleep tonight.  I will go w the flow.  Since I dont wk the next few days.   Not as worried about getting my beauty rest. ;)
Lets do this!!!!!! Yeah!!
congrats !! so happy for you that you took the jump. time will be your healer.
keep yourself hydrated, prayed up, busy, exercise, lots of protein, fruits and veggies.
how is your husband doing? will he still have methadone in the house?
you are doing awesome!!!
sending prayers,
debbie
Thanks debbie.  Yes it will be in the house.  But not in my reach.  I told him to not give me any even if I beg him to.  Hopefully he doesn't cave.   I usually get my way w him. Lol

But I don't want to this time.  I want to succeed.  He said I'm paving the way.  I think he's on 20 mg a day.  

Thanks so much for the support;) I'm actually fine right now.  I know God will carry me through.  Yes I'm keeping very busy.  No other option but to be busy w a job, 2 kids and a hubby to take care of.  Ev one needs momma.   Oh geez. Lol. All is well.   I will not get worked up expecting horrible things to come.   I can't do that.  
I have to do this one day at a time.  And today I did it.

;)
Strange thing is..... I sneezed and was stuffy nosed all day long at work today and last few days.  But I actually am cleared up now.  No sneezing for the moment. Yay;)
No complaints here. I'm sure at this stage in game things will change by the minute. Lol.

I hate Rollercoasters. But I will ride this one out like I love them.  Yippee;). Ha
by faith.......you are healed.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7

be strong in the LORD and the power of HIS might.

you are paving the way, prayerfully he will follow. does he attend church with you?
I most certainly believe!! You have not bc you ask not.

I love that scripture!!!!  He has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a SOUND MIND!!   Praise God.

Hub comes sometimes.  Here lately I've missed the it a  few times bc too tired from tapering. But I will get back on track. God is my stregnth!! He is everything to me.

Have u seen the BIBLE series on history channel.  Wow!!! Just started a series on whole bible 2 weeks ago. It comes on sun around 7. You would love it.  So powerful and amazing the words and the stories to be played out for us.  In awe.

Hope u can watch it.  Wow !! Awesome stuff.

Hi girlfriend I like the way you post your thread..It sounds so up lifting..The snezz thing was soo long ago I can not remember it to well in my healing addictive brain Ha!
EVERY PAST DEFEAT GOD WILL TURN INTO A PRESENT VICTORY...

lol vickie
I believe that 100% Vickie!!  The victory is mine!!  Yay!!!  
I still sneeze 3-4 times in a row at least twice a day! And I'll have 11 weeks Sunday! Lol. I NEVER used to sneeze...actually thought it was funny when I did sneeze...now....well it's still kinda funny when I sneeze, but it can go away anytime! But ya know, if that's the "lasting" symptom that I have, I'll take that over the RLS anyday!

And hey, I had seen so much here about the Rhodiola that I finally had to get some yesterday. It does help with energy! You might try it if you aren't already! :) Have a great day sunshine:):):)
Sweetness,
Yes I bought some rhodiola  about a month ago!!! I LOve That stuff.  It's seriously the bomb.  I think it's helping TREMENDOUSLY!!  

Yeah I Can handle the sneezing.  Funny thing is today I'm off and not sneezing at all.  It's like I'm allergic to my office. Lol. Or so it seemed.

Im great today!!!  Taking this one day at a time.  Won't look too far in the future and fear of what's to come.  You know??  
That's great you are taking the Rhodiola. I think next time I'm going to get it online...after looking on Amazon, I realized I paid waaay to much at the health food store in town. Lol. Go figure.

I did have days where I didn't sneeze as much, but I still sneezed. Lol. If I did get any sleep at night, I would literally wake up having to sneeze, then have to try to fall back to sleep. It was frustrating. Lol. Maybe you won't have much of that. And one day at a time is a great way to approach this. If you try to look too far ahead, it seems time really slows down and the days get long. So proud of you! You're handling this like a champ!
Chuckling at that.  That Would suck.  Having to wake up to sneeze and can't all back asleep.

Lol. Im sure that was extremely frustrating.  Hopefully that doenst happen anymore for u.
I'm still laughing. Oh goodness.
Well hey...if nothing else, I know I gave you a good laugh today!! Hehehe

And I'm here to tell you...it does s u c k!!!!  Lol!!
Sweetness, are u still having that problem ?? Waking up to sneeze?  
Sorry if u r;(