6 days clean... now to quit smoking
Ok so no coke for 6 days, i know its only 6 days but for me thats a long time. Today is day 1 of quitting another nasty habit of mine.... smoking! I've been up since 7:30, its 3:30 now and I've had 3 cigs. I'm using nicotine patches and they seem to help. Anyone out there have any tips they can share with me to help make this a success.
Congrats on those 6 days, I am so proud of you:) 6 days is a very long time when we first quit, i remember at first thinking a week clean was a miracle, but as time passes it does get easier as long as we keep our guard up. When your feeling weak and start craving, reach out for support before those coke cravings become obsession cause that is when we get in trouble. Your doing great!

I think my only chance of quitting smoking is sticking those nicotine patches all over my body, lol. I haven't put an effort into stopping the smokes ugggg.  Stay strong, life is much better clean. Congrats again.
I still have yet to conquer quitting smoking but I wanted to congratulate you on 6 days !! Taking back control is empowering I wish you well.. lesa
You might want to slow down a bit. I addiction at a time. I am 8 months off a pretty serious hydro addiction and 6 months now off cigs. I used the tools I learned from the hydro addiction to help with my nicotine addiction. Have a look at whyquit.com. The right side of it. There is a smoking fourm here on MH as well.

Terry
I agree with the above. One addiction at a time in the order that they are killing you, was the rule I always heard. You feel you are on a roll but you are very vulnerable and nicotine addiction is extremely hard. Wait....no rush. You are not out of the woods yet.
CONGRATS on DAY 6!!! I know where you are. Next month I will have 10 years off of cocaine!!! YES...you can do it! I remember when I was on week one without cocaine...I never thought it would happen. I'm so proud of you.

today is my day 6 off of opiates and day 4 ON Chantix.

I've tried the patches but that didn't help me. Chantix blocks the nicotine from getting in my brain and whatnot. it actually takes away my desire to smoke! it's amazing. Although, I do agree with the others, one addiction at a time. (even though i'm doing two also...lol).

one thing that helped me quit smoking in the past was bottle water! I had it every where i went and would take a swig of that in the car whenever I had an urge to smoke.

You're doing GOOD.. day 6 is GREAT!  

regarding the cigs:  welp.. don't take it from ME as I'm still smoking.. BUT.. of note: I have 102 days CLEAN off of Norco...

I have been told that it's better to take  ONE ADDICTION AT A TIME...it takes time for our (beaten) bodies to repair themselves... and... trust me... I've beaten mine up BIG TIME!
  But.. with that said.. just keep in mind that IT'S ONE DAY AT A TIME.. and ONE DRUG AT A TIME...

Sure hope I'm not discouraging anyone... as... I'm just a RECOVERING ADDICT that STILL SMOKES cigs...  
thank you all for your help! I agree with you when you say 1 addiction at a time but I'm just so excited about not doing coke i just want to make my whole body as healthy can as I can, and i'm not quitting cigs c/t. I'm just cutting down as much as possible. 5 cigs today, pretty good for a pack a day smoker, right? I'm going to see my doctor next week so maybe I'll ask him about chantix thank you for that valuable bit of info desperatetostop. Congrats to all of you on the progress you've made, I'm sure its gonna be a long road weather it be an opiate addiction, coke, cigs, or anything else but I truly believe we can all do anything we set our minds to and I've said it before, I'll say it again, if we fall we have to pick ourselfs up and try try again. Thanks again for all the support, I love this place!