Alcohol Odor
My sister is a newly recovering alcholic.  She came to work today with alcohol on her breath.  She is jaundice in the skin and eyes and itching.  Could this odor be from cirrohis of the liver or is she drinking before work?  She is not on any meds. at this time, but is going to the doctor today for her liver.
Thank you all who responded.  She is at the doctor now and I am waiting to hear back from her.  I now know after researching that the odor is definitely alcohol.  I know something is really wrong with her liver.  How do I go about finding her a sponsor at AA meetings?
The jaundice could definitely be related to cirrhosis, but the alcohol-breath? I would be concerned about that, but I don't know all of the signs/symptoms of cirrhosis either.

my 2 cents
From Googling [Cirrhosis Oror] I found a bunch of sites that say "Cirrhosis may cause a breath odor described as decayed blood or rotten eggs."  No hint that it might cause an alcohol odor.  Usually when an alcoholic smells like alcohol . . . .

I would be concerned about liver functions if she is jaundice, that is usually the first MAJOR symptom something is VERY wrong with the liver. I would worry about the smell of alcohol on her breath this would lead me to believe that she is drinking again. Here is a little about cirrhosis if you are interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirrhosis
She needs to find her own sponsor.  Suggest that she find a womens' meeting in your area.  After going to that meeting a time-or-two, she just needs to ask someone who seems to have some time (which will be obvious) to be her Temporary Sponsor.

Frequently they have Al-Anon meetings at the same time/building as AA meetings.  You might might to find one of those, and you two could go to the meetings together.  I've never been to Al-Anon, but friends who have a close relationship with an alcoholic/addict tell me that it's a HUGE help.