Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Almost there..

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Almost there..

Hi everyone I want to thank a bunch of you as I have been "lurking" all week..  went c/t almost 3 weeks ago due to a rather large daily consumption of Norco for the past 6 months. I know the duration wasn't that long but the amount was excessive. I am a professional firefighter and had a back injury last year that lead to this whole thing. I am just now (sunday) feeling somwghat "normal". This was pure hell.. I hate to say that but I have never felt so horrible in my life. Though I am now feeling way better, so there is an end to this. Also I am getting my life back and am no longer looking for those pills.
Thank you to all of you that helped. You did!
well I will put aside our professional fued, and wish you all the best. I know what it is like to not have any of your work buds to turn to. I'll help however I can.
Thanks...  it is hard cause you, at least in my profession don't want to have any problems like this though I know a bunch of us do.
you know i've been a musician all my life. That was always my real passion and love. Also the only thing that ever came natural, everything else I had to fake totaly until I could figure it out. I have thought about all of the creative type people with addiction issues.. there seem to be a lot and I know addiction is a multicultural and equal opportunity disease but I think there may be something to it..  I feel 100% beter this weekend then I did last week. I thought I was going to die, either due to the withdawl sickness or just end up shooting myself cause I felt so bad... It is almost over though so I'll get through this just like everyone has before and will in the future... Thanks again.
I totally understand not wanting anyone in my profession to know. I own my own business and it would not do well for p/r. Especially because I teach kids private music lessons. (Yeah, I know one of THOSE crazy musicians, right?)LOL I am just blessed I have all of you to turn to and that I still have my studio. The hard part is thinking I do a better job of being musically creative on meds. Congrats on your progress so far! You are doing awesome!
Glad you are posting instead of lurking.  I know the feeling of not wanting anyone in  my profession to know.  You are not alone.  Welcome to the forum and to all the honest support and feedback you could imagine.  Good luck and I am here to listen.

Peace~
I think you are absolutely correct about the creative type- and it's nice to find another musician on the posts! Congrats on all of your progress thus far and keep me posted as I will be praying for you!