Anxiety.. Exercise.. Any tips?
Most of you know I have done the tapering method and I've been extremely successful, but anxiety.. I have great days withoutout it, and I have days that it floods through my body like a raging rapid. I've been great at not taking my clonapin, but I did have a panic attack that left me no choice, and I had my hubby rush me to my doctor because a panic attack.. Well, it's sheer panic. My mind is racing with thoughts, and there are days when I work myself up. My hubby even said, I get myself worked up, and he's right. I am trying to read my Bible as much as possible, and watch funny sitcoms.. That helps. What am I so afraid of? I think I'm afraid because I search the Internet and see that stopping opiates can lead to sezures..depression..suicide..relapse..I also get so angry that I'm an addict.. I can't believe I have to say those words! I'm an addict..I'm an addict.. I'm an addict.. I'm also a good person with a huge heart, I love my family with every fiber of my being, and I didn't ask to be an addict. I'm not a bad person.. I just made bad choices.. I'm an addict, but I'm not a bad person. Sorry to ramble.. This place is my saving grace.. Besides my relationship with God.
Hi there! Ugh, I'm so sorry that you're struggling with the anxiety...that part really stinks!! Try valerian root and epsom salt baths when you start to get too anxious. Just know that it will eventually pass and that it's common to feel extreme anxiety when going through w/ds (all very normal)! You're not alone and it DOES get better. *big hugs* and keep taking it day by day!
Happy is right! I struggle with anxiety also, its awful, remember this" Change the thought and the feelings will follow" today is my last day on hydrocodone, but not going to read all the side effects of w/ds, they tell me the first 2 days are the worse, i know it can be done, please try and relax, I know what u r going thru, I don't know ur whole story, I do know what anxiety is like, its great to have someone to lean on..
I found swimming really helps, I still go an float in the pool or do laps if I can. It's also good family time, it helps to watch the kids splash around and distract me. I also found that saunas help calm me down, it can be pretty urgent sometimes, so I try to do those things regularly. It will pass though, don't forget that. Keep it pasted on your forehead if you have to, but know it gets better.
The anxiety is pretty bad.  I don't know if it is from stopping the opiates or because the opiates were masking it.  Probably both.  Yes you are a good person and honest.  Be proud of that.  I'm glad you can find solace in the bible.  Whatever works.  Do you find the anxiety comes and goes or is it constant?  For me, I realized it would come and go, so once it hit, I knew eventually it would dissipate.
Think of phrases to repeat in your mind when you feel really anxious, either from the bible or just something simple like "this will not last and will go away".
Keep up the good work!
Thank you all! The anxiety comes and goes. I was taking around 6-8hydro 10's a day.. Now I'm down to 1 1/2 a day. I'm a stay at home mom, so when the kids are at school and I'm by myself I get more anxious. Going for a walk tonight with my daughter tonight. My doctor said I could take my clonapin if I needed to, but I'm trying to refrain from that! I had anxiety before I started abusing, so I'm sure you are all correct that the pills only masked it. I'm just ready to feel normal. Thank you all again!
Hi There ~

I went through 3 days CT this past weekend - and it was horrible. Today I am starting over (after taking pills on Tues & Wed.  but now I have xanax to get me through the anxiety.

Maybe call your Dr. and ask about the Clonapin?

It could help. Good luck!!
You were so close! I wish you all the best! You can do this!
This is irrelavent to anxiety even though I have it too, but can someone please help me delete my MedHelp account? I'd really appreciate it. :/