Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Are methadose wafers considerably weaker than clinic offered methadone?...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Are methadose wafers considerably weaker than clinic offered methadone?

Does anyone know if there are any differences in strengths of the methadose 40mg wafer and the methadone pink liquid?  My friend recently left the clinic because his doctor decided to prescribe him the 40 mg white methadose wafer.  His dose is 160mg daily.  He claims that since taking the wafers instead of the liquid form offered at the clinic that he has been going through varying degrees of withdrawals.  Is it true that the methadose wafer is considerably weaker than the pink liquid methadone given at the clinics? Although it is so much more convenient to get the prescription than to deal with going to the clinic, he actually is feeling so bad that he would rather give up the wafers for the juice.  Is there any truth to this or is it a psychological thing?
iv been on METHODOSE for 4 years wich is a PINK LIQUID. and METHODONE is the WAFFERS. anway yes the METHODONE WAFFERS are a little bit stronger than the METHODOSE LIQUID.  thats what the nurses at my methodone clinic have told me anyway.
Thank-you for your comments.  I must have been confused about the wafers.  So I guess the pink liquid that I get at the mehadone clinic is methadose then?  I have had the wafers in the past and I found them to be weaker than the liquid.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Methadose and the pink liquid are both methadone, and mg per mg equivelant. Methadose is just the brand-name.
I assure you that METHADOSE IS a tablet/wafer. If Methadose comes in a liquid I haven't seen it.
Every clinic dispenses what ever they want. If they dispense name brand methadone then you; the client will pay for it. There is a pink methadone liquid and a pink methadose liquid. The liquid methadone was at one time, clear. Just know this as a fact: Methadone is name brand and methadose is the generic of this medication. I know this for a fact...I'm not sure where some of you get your info?
Are you really argueing with people who posted last year???  I dont' thing you will get a response.
Well since those arguing are presently here how about this, ain't it like an addict to say gee doc this pill is not as strong as my pink liquid I need to up my dose...I have been on both and neither one is a picnic to quit so you have that to look forward to..Annnd both of them seemed to work the same for me but I could be wrong,also I know nothing of pharmacology..a-wakan
Whats with all the posts that keep coming up is this med help, or someones Idea of how to keep it lively?????
I've taken both many of times. I feel that the methadone cherry wafers were the strongest , although I take the methadose on a regular basis now. I think maybe the methadose is weaker is the fact I have gotton imune to it.
my grammar is **** when i watch t.v.
Well this post is several years old, so it probably doesnt make any difference to the person that made this post. But there are only minute differences between the different methadones....a 40mg methadone wafer will have 40mg of methadone in it. As will a 40mg dose of the liquid. The liquid may possibly take effect a little faster because of the difference between a pill or tab dissolving and being utilized in the body. Our watchdog agency (the FDA) would not tolerate a substance of that category that had the same "label" as another, but was a different strength or formulary.....just doesnt happen. Methadone may be influenced by storage conditions, but that is uncommon in a professional setting. This is similar to debating whether a Bayer aspirin is any stronger than an excedrin of the same mg. And just about as productive.
my fiance' and I myself are currently on meyhadone ,well actually I am on the pink methadose and he is on the orange tablets but today our pharmacist said she ordered the white methadose tablets by mistake so he took those on his regular dose of 130mg. and he was sick by 3:00 and we dosed at 10:30 I could tell he was really sick i mean i kno what someone feels and looks like sick and i felt sooo bad for him so i absolutely think their is a different between methadose and done. I MEAN WHAT IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO?????
dose289
from a junkie opinion, the pink and clear liquid methadone is stronger than the pills
your body is adjusting to this
are you wanting help getting off this drug?
Methadose is garbage..In no way is it remotely similar to Methadone..If I double my dose of 100mg on Methadose I fall asleep If I doubled my dose when I was taking methadone in the 60s and 70s I would really feel it I mean nodding out most all of the day..It's analagous to the old Percodan in the 1960s  2 pills would waste you, now the percodan with supposedly the same active ingrediant 5mg of Oxy-Codone is garbage just like the Methadose so do not fall for the **** about methadose and methadone being the same or having the same active ingrediant Methadone hydrochloride..The old timers can remember in the 1960s lilly's tuinal One would knock you on your tush but the generics back then were garbage and you would have to take 3 generic tuinals  to feel like you felt with one lilly tuinal..I am 63 years old and have been on Methadone since 1968 under Dr Dole and Dr. Nyswanders program at Rockefeller Univ. and I'm telling you that this Methadose that they are saying is the same as the lilly Methdone which came first in 10mg dolophine I think it was Lilly j72 on the 10mg pill and later the 40mg pink wafers is the same as methadose are totally full of **** (forgive my language) I just like reading truth and not nonsense..I do not know if the binding products cause methadose to be different making it weaker and feel different then methadone but all you see now in Methdone programs where the clients are taking methadose are folks on 200 mg 250 mg up to 300mg..If this were Methadone they were taking at those doses you'd be out and I mean out or maybe dead. Back in the 60s and 70s 100mg had me in a nod all day long and I was still high the next day. I take 100mg now of methdose and my eyes don't even get pinned I double my dose and fall asleep  no nod no euphoria capesh..Methadose is **** and do not believe the pharmalogical company's or these kids that have been on what they think is methdone..They are all full of ****..and the programs now if they can save 1.00 by giving you ****...they do..By the way I was a senior counselor for 5 years in one of New Yorks largest Hospitals My Blog is Gospel I cannot speak for all the other idiots that claim to have knowledge. This blog is the TRUTH
I can't speak for what they used in the sixties but liquids and pills used as methadone now are all equivalent doses in strength.

However, it is possible that the base they use to mix the dose with has some effect on how the dose processes.

I have been given red liquid (pink), white and orange bisq (wafer?) and the tiny white pill. I noticed NO difference between any of them.

I can't speak for methadose; this is a relatively new thing that I never experienced.

Remember these drugs will only stabilize you in a cyclical fashion; your tolerance is never stable, it is always fluctuating (throughout the month).

So if you switch over during a high tolerance period, you may mistake imagined dose strength differences for that.
where in the world do you get methadone prescribed? I thought that you could only get the waffers in a clinic setting??