"Benzos"
What are they used for ? I am going to detox monday for lorcets, is that a drug class they would give me? And if they do am I trading one addiction for another? I am in fear for the women going though with drawl. I pray she will be ok. Can someone give me advice as to what drugs to stay away from in the hospital?
first of all, good luck for Monday.. keep in touch on this forum and keep posting.. there are many people here that can and will support you through all of this... benzos are used for anxiety, stress, depression (especially if suicidal) and sleep... Personally I wouldn't advise anybody to take them especially if they have already been addicted to other meds.. benzos are highly addictive.. I know some people on this site that have used them as and when they have been needed but to be honest I would never suggest them to anybody especially through the early stages of w/d's c/d etc as you will be vulnerable and it is so easy to self medicate in order to feel better... I hope this helps
grn, if you are going into detox  they should do a pretty good job of detoxing you with the least amount of discomfort .....i would assume they will know what they are doing ,just be honest with them .If they give you something that is making you feel TOO good be up front ,you dont want to go threw this again .....I amsure good luck ,let us know how you are doing when you get out.
I used xanax for the first month I went CT off of lortabs. I only used it when I was really having pain. I believe it's a "benzo". It is very addictive and there are people in here trying to kick their addiction to xanax but I had to have something to get me over that hump of extreme WDs. I've been clean almost a year. It's hard work but you can do it and we are here for you.
Hi, dont worry about the hospital giving you something and getting you addicted.Remember they deal with  addicts and every form of nuckle-head immaginable,not to put you in that class,but if your going in to de-tox youll probable wish they give you something,as most real addicted people dread going through Withdrawls,as thats the reason we find this stopping such a mind-freak.Remember do what they suggest and everything will workout,also after the physical is over get some support to stay-off,staying-ogg is harder than getting off. goodluck john