Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Better today

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Better today

I worked out yesterday and feel a lot better today.  Was still somewhat hard to get to sleep, but once I did, I slept all the way through.  THAT is a switch! For those in the first week of w/d, I feel for you and it does get better.  There are still frustrations and challenges after that, but NOTHING like the first week. Working out helps get the endorphins going which are our natural "painkillers" the brain manufactures.  The trick is starting to work out when you still are feeling louzy with sleeplessness, aggitation, and depression.  Now the trick for me will be continued follow through. Excersize is DEFINITELY a helping mechanism I have control of to get through this without going back to Opiates, AKA H3LL. PEACE
Morning Jack!

Glad you are feeling better. Physical exercise is so helpful, but most are unable to exercise during the beginning of withdrawal. I could barely get up, a jumping jack was out of the question!

Keep on keeping on! I can suggest that you surround yourself with a good support system..of your choice. I believe it is essential for STAYING clean.
Glad you are feeling good.  When you were going thru withdrawal, did you ever survive on 1 to 3 hours of sleep a night?  That's what I'm going thru now.  I had an appointment with the gym trainer that I cancelled cause I'm feeling so lousy.  Do you work out even with little or no sleep?
I most definitely have went through the 1 - 3 hours sleep and around day 4, NO sleep.  I finally just got up, took a shower and went on with my miserable day.  I figured I would definitely get a good night sleep the next night. WRONG...I slept like 3 hours and not even that sound...to me, that has been the most frustrating part because I have to move on with the realities of life...like work?  I did have to use one day and a half of sick time from work however.  Was I able to work out at that point?  Well, I was probably able but I did not...yesterday was the first day I worked out since stopping opiate use.  I have to credit this forum and another individual's rough day I met on here for helping me find the insentive to take that first step in excersizing.  I hope my successes AND struggles can help others as well. By NO means am I even close to being "out of the woods" yet...in fact, I hope I know better than to ever think I "beat" this. PEACE
Hey there IBKleen.  Thank for your encouragement.  I would echo the last part of the note I just wrote to Summer123.  PEACE