Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Can I take antibiotic's while On SUB?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Can I take antibiotic's while On SUB?

I am currently still (yes still) tapering from the sub......... but......I think I have strepe throat!  My primary Dr doesn't know that I'm on sub, so first off, I"m totally embarrassed to tell them, but second, can they prescribe some kind of antibiotic that won't interfere with my sub?
You are still taking sub? I didn't know that? What mg are you on now?
I am fairly sure that sub doesn't interfere with antibiotics. WHen I was on it, I had anti's for a toothache and they worked. But I am NOT positive. You may have to fess up and tell your dr. Let me know how it goes.
Lisa-

Ugh, yes, it's been a HORRIBLE, long struggle for me with this sub.  When I'm taking it, I'm very productive, in a good mood, etc, so that's why I haven't had much complaining. I'm at about 1.5-2 at the very most, back and forth. I guess I'm just having a harder time coming off of it than most people, so my Dr decided to go a little slower..........
I will let you know how it goes. I left work early last night b/c my throat felt swollen, and this morning I can barely swallow ughghghhghg
That ***** sweetie. I am so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Its easy for some and for some its not. Its tough. I would try to get down to .05 then just tough it out for a few days. What I did, was I got myself down to .05 and literally crumbs, then I stopped altogether on a wednesday I think, so by Friday I knew whatever w.d was to come would be there by then and I had the rest of the weekend to get through it. Everyone is different. I am here if you need anyhting.
You are so sweet Lisa! Thank you for being so understanding. I'm worried about not being able to take something for my throat though u know? It's like completely swollen shut right now.........I'm trying to get into the Dr asap
Hey jdawne - sorry to hear your still struggling with the subs.. it can be wickedly difficult to give up ... As far as the antibiotics - I took them a few times while on sub for different reasons, prescribed to me I think twice for a throat infection by my sub doctor.  See your doctor to get a diagnosis and meds for your throat and, to be safe, once he gives you the meds, call your sub doctor to make sure you can take them.  most sub doctors are regular doctors who are also able to prescribe sub - so maybe you can just go see him?   Feel better hon.