Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Coming off methadone, Kidney pain.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Coming off methadone, Kidney pain.

I'm tapering off methadone, I'm done to 10mg, but now I'm having kidney pain. I've drank water for 2 days, thinking maybe I was getting a kidney infection, but it's not helping. It's not my back hurting its on both sides! I've come down from 45mg to 10mg in the last 10 days and I have 1 1/2 pills left. Tomorrow will be 10mg, the next 5mg, I'm doing it the best I can, but I dont understand the kidney pain. This is probably the least my kidneies have ever had to filter!! It's been 5 yrs since I've been sober. Help, Help, Help
You really should see a Dr. over this.. We do not have the knowledge to tell you if it's a infection or stones.. I have 1 kidney and mine did hurt while wd but the pain was intermittent.. When kidney pain is continues you need to get checked.. Good job tapering from the methadone.. I wish you well on your journey.. lesa
Lesa is absolutely right,best to see a doctor.I went c/t off of methadone 9 months ago and I had pain,but not pain that I would pin point at my kidneys,just all over aches and pains.Might be something else going on.It's best you get it checked out.All the best...Kim
Thanks for answering, but I drank alot of water and took some cranberry pills and it seems to have worked, for now. I've got to find a new doctor, the one that cut my methadone out(which was a blessing in disguise), with no notice was actually found dead in her dr.'s office, which she lived in the back in an apartment. It's been 2 days since it happened and it's not in the paper or on the news, so I assume they are investagating it. It's really sad, she was nice and young. But, I 've got to find a new one.
But, thanks so much. I really hope I can lead a normal life now.
I'm so sorry to hear about your doctor..I will keep you both in my prayers.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.Keep an eye on that kidney pain and be sure to have it checked out if it returns.Keep posting...Lots of help and support here.All the best...Kim