Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Creepy crawlies

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Creepy crawlies

Just a question what helps for the creepy crawlies, I call them bugs and I feel them only behind both backs of my arms and that's what's always done me in when I tried to quit before. Just had to make them stop and couldn't, and I could not function. I'm not there yet, as I'm on suboxone right now, but if I can get some ideas to treat/deal with those I'll have a much better chance of someday posting I'm done! Thanks guys! All of you are truly amazing!
Let me clarify I'm thinking what you guys call creepy crawlies is what I call bugs, it feels like little bugs crawling on the inside of my skin! It's horrible
I soaked in the tub a bazillion times a day as i had that feeling all over.  It does go away so keep hanging in there.  
It felt like bugs crawling under your skin? I can't take that, that's honestly the one thing that has made me stay on narcotics or subs. Being in the tub works? Do they start when you get out? I wonder if there are meds for that, I've never tried explaining this to a doctor for fear they'll think I'm nuts! :-)
I had the creepy crawlies in my arms, back and legs.  It was miserable.  Putting pressure on those areas does help too.  My dog used to lay on my legs.  If it continues i would talk with your doctor.
I actually feel them if I even wait to long between the subs, like I said, how do you tell a doctor you feel like you have bugs crawling inside the back of your arms?  It was the same way when I took lortabs or percocets, had to take sonething to make them stop, maybe I'll mention it to my doctor next time, just embarrassing
CRAWLIES ARE MOST LIKELY CANDIDA ALBICANS HERES A TEST MAKE YOUR DOCTOR ORDER IT;  GDX.NET   PARASTOLOGY TEST.  I DID THAT ONE AND MICROBOLOGY.  PARASTOLOGY WAS WORTH IT. CHRISSY U WONT WORRY ANYMORE WHATS CAUSIN THE CRAWLIES.   MEDICAL INDUSTRY ***** MOST OF US ARE IGNORED. CHRISSY
I believe the "crawlies" spoken of here were more of a metaphor to how one feels when detoxing versus actually being infected with parasites.