Dangers Of Vicodin
I am 7 days Vicodin free. :) But it almost killed me and I wanted to be rid of them. Last week i was admitted to the hospital because i accidentally overdosed. I was taking precription Vicodin for severe back pain. It started out as 4 X's a day innocent enough, but then you build a tolerance to it and 4 wasnt enough. I have been hooked ever since going on 2 years. Little did i know this was a downward spiral to hell for me. The pills worked great for along time I was high 24 hours a day. I was happy all the time. Nothing bothered me on them. That is the part that is hard to give up, the feeling you have when u take them. But last week was bad, real bad. I was alergic to the medication used to reverse the effects of the overdose and had to go through withdrawl in the hospital on my own with no meds. It was rough and I never again want to relive it. I am very lucky to be alive. I will never again touch vicodins as long as I live.
Congratulations on seven days.......I too did an accidental OD and woke up in an ER .... that experience will stick with you ...... cant say  that I endorse that method - but it does certainly get your attention!
It certainly got my attention. Not to mention I almost distroyed my liver, I was in the hospital for 3 days because they were watching me closely in case of liver failure. My liver enzymes where very high.The night I was admitted with the overdose my blood pressure was 150/120 very high for me. They said i almost slipped into a coma. I thank God i am alive now and feel good to have a clear mind :) I wouldnt recommend overdoseing to get help off of them ..... but please i hope someone reads this and realizes just how dangerous they can be.
CONGRATS ON THE 7 DAYS....thats awesome.  i would say you got a BIG wake up call....keep going one day at a time...
Congrats on 7 days!!!!  Keep it going.       sara
Congrats on Day 7...You're on your way to a fog-free life

:)

Enjoy!
congrats on 7 days!!  it only gets better with each passing day :)

jess :)
I hope so.... The cravings are still there but i told my Pharmacy i was allergic to narcotics so i cant get them filled here if i wanted to. Not that I would anyway. I am still healing from all the damage Vicodins have caused me. :(
Congratulations on Day 7!  I'm so glad that you are free of Vicodins!!!!  I'm sorry that things happened the way they did - but at the same time - happy that you're free from the drug!!!  You are doing great and have a good attitude! That will help you so much!  Keep coming here and posting and get all the support you can!  WOOHOO!  Hugs, Janet
Hi...congrats on 7 days and that was a hard lesson.  Pls ensure you have a plan for long term abstinence;  the mind and body will try to play tricks.