Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 5 rocks

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 5 rocks

I procrastinated for six months to quit taking percs and vikes, Finally after 3 days with no sleep I was able to get 4 hours last night and feel like a new man. If anyone reads this and has been wanting to quit do it . I used to look at my friends in envy because they weren't slave to these damn pills. My head is clearing out and I'm looking forward to another day of sobriety.
Glad your feeling better.. Now the real hard work starts to stay clean.  Keep moving forward and stay focused.  There will be bumps along the way but if you really want this.. you can have it.  Keep posting and congrats on getting to this point!!
good job on day 5 also...im here with u on 5 days without percs...still took sick day as i realize work is huge trigger..glad u got some sleep also..another thing that helps with sleep for me is eating something good,,lots of it,then lay down...anyway enjoy your day,b cool.
Good job on day 5 - I know I felt such a sense of accomplishment at day 5 and getting a little sleep at that point is so refreshing.  Be proud of yourself for what you've accomplished my friend - you are reclaiming your life!  Keep knocking those days out!
thats great! I'm day 9 off cets and percs and I love starting my days sober now it truly does get better everyday
You're over the worst of it. Now come the mind games. Aftercare will help.
Get plugged in to something...NA, one-on-one therapy, addiction therapy,
whatever. It's important we treat the disease. For most of us, the drugs were only a symptom. Be proud of yourself. Take care and keep posting.
Thanks for all the support
Awesome
Appreciate it
I'm scarfing right now and hoping for more sleep tonight, good luck to you at work. Stay positive