Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 7 Clean without methadone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 7 Clean without methadone

Well I slept great again last night. First night I slept all night without waking up one time. I am back to taking my antidepressants and I think that helped me sleep some. I had some awfull stomach cramps yesterday evening but this morning they seem to be coming and going. Same with the headaches. As for my energy it comes and goes too. One min. I feel like I am superwoman lol and the next I feel like I am on the brink of death. The only real complaint at this point is the stomach cramps. I want to say thank you to all the ones out there that have been giving me encouragement.
congrats on day 7! you sound like you are going great all things considered. Sleep is so good. I can totally relate to up and down energy. lately more down than up for me but I keep telling myself this will pass. day 16 for me. trying to be patient.  HANG in there. TEENA
Thank you, That is the best thing you can do is keep telling yourself that it will pass. I dont know how many times I have had to tell myself the same thing. I also have told myself over and over that this will only make me STRONGER. This is the 1st time coming off of methadone for me and after going thru all of this I WILL NEVER GO BACK!!!! I have to much weighing on this. Last night was really hard to fight the craving b/c my son was acting crazy again. He has a anger problem on top of the bipolar and adhd he has. We have him in mental health program and it worked for a while and it seems like we are back to square one. I will find out today if they are going to put him inpatient some where, I dont want that but I dont know what else to do. He hurt himself and my husband last night bc of his fit. Then he turned and looked at me and said YOU RUINED MY LIFE!!! Which really hurt, after all I have done for him. When I got bad on dope I gave him and his little brother to my mom so that they would have a better life. He was my motivation to get off these things. That is why I started the clinic and in the end I got custody back of him and he goes and tells me that. Him and my hubby got into bc of the way my son was acting and it took every ounce of energy I did have to get up and get between the two of them. This morning was much better but I am not sure what else to do for him at this point. I guess its gods way of testing me but I AM STRONGER THEN THAT!!! I WILL BEAT THIS DEMON!! Good luck to you tenna and if you need anything just let me know. Thanks agian.
your doing so well, and youve got a lot going on, you should be proud of yourself, 7 days, is great, and youve got a good positive attitude, you will beat the demon!!!!!, god bless
It's hard enough trying to get clean and then having to deal with kids issues on top.I hope you can get some help for him. He is young...when he gets older He will understand that you did the best you could for him. If I can help let me know. TEENA
thank you everyone for being sooo supportive. I have alot going on right as if it isnt enough dealing with the withdrawals and my son now I am having to deal with my husbands family starting stuff. Does it ever end??? I asked god to give me more paitence and I guess this was his way of doing it. I think next time I will watch what I say a little more