Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 7

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 7

This past week has been hell but I am proud to say I am now 7 days clean from lortabs/percocets..It has been by far one of the most challenging things I've had to overcome but things are slowly but surely getting better..The past few days anxiety,depression,and cravings have been the worst,However,today I have been soooooo tired but at least restful considering the first couple of nights I barely rested at all...I still need support from you guys n girlies :) without you all I don't think I would have made it this far..Can someone please tell me what I can some what expect to look forward to relating to withdrawls over the next week or so
A week is big!  I hope you are over the worst of it!!!  Amazing how the brain keeps driving us nuts and pulls out all the tricks to get us to use again.  You seem to have beaten it down for now!!!  I remember the night I had 6 hours of sleep and almost cried it felt so good. I hope you get there soon!!!  This board is amazing and has really helped me.  Keep it up....your brain will thank you later!!!
Thanks for responding..I know in reality a week isn't that long but for an addict a week seems like a year!! So far I'm over the physical part of it but not so much the mental..I am still having anxiety attacks but not as bad as 2-3 days ago so that's good..Yesterday is when thhe cravings set in but only lasted for a few hours,I guess my brain gave up since I wasn't giving in..And by the was I totally agree with you,this board is amazing,I would like to say thank u to all of u who took the time out just to show concern..It really means a lot to me :)
Congrats on the week. It is a big thing. I am tapering and it is an hourly struggle. So for you to be at one week is amazing. I hope to be where you are soon :-)
It's hard to say mama because everyone's body chemistry is different. Ate you taking any OTC remedies? Are you walking?
Your doing awesome and 7 days is a BIG BIG BIG deal! Your right, especially for an addict. I didn't know hoe I was going to make it through one day. But before you know it, your on day 7...
Are you staying hydrated??  As inner has said many times.....dehydration can make the WD worse and can make you really sick.  Gatorade, apple juice, water, fresh fruit like watermelon, etc. will help a lot.  Food whenever you can.  I ate like I had the flu, soup, crackers, etc.  Your body will thank you.  I also noticed that if I was hungry, the cravings really came out.  I would try to eat a little and it seemed to help kick those cravings down.  
HI congrats on 7 days your threw the physical aspect of doing this now comes the mind games the cravings the what if I only do 1 the depression from lock of endorphin in your brain its going to be a bit of a roller coaster for about a month the best thing you can do right now is some form of aftercare so you got someone to talk to about all this both N/A and A/A have free programs that are good there are others also but those 2 always come to mind as an addivct you will need to change the very way you think and reason to overcome your illness so become pro/active in your recovery good luck and God bless.......Gnarly