Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 8!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 8!!

I made it to day 8 all seem to be a lil normal now...I can sleep but it seem as tho it's the wakin up that I hate I use to be able to lounge in bed a lil now when I wake it's a feeling of fallin flat in reality cement I really hate that feeling...I'm trying to really get this monkey off my back n I'm determine to do whatever it take to stay clean...thank u all for being so supportive n kind to help me thru this trial time of my life...being on this for 12yrs really got me f**k up in the head...still don't no what kind of emotional roller coaster I'm gonna indure....
Congratulations on quitting and reaching 8 days.   That's quite an accomplishment in itself.  :)    

Everyone is different on the sleep patterns.   I don't have much problems with the sleep thing, but am definitely wide awake when I wake up.  Hate not being able to lounge around in bed.   However, knowing that when I do wake up, my mind is clear is better than the fogginess I had before, so I self talk "it's a new day and I am clean!".   Feels great not to be reaching for that pill first thing to get me going.  
Hey congrats on 8 days clean ,your over the physical part now you just have to deal with the mental part it would be good if you got into a program like N/A it makes it worlds ezer good luck and God bless................Gnarly
Congrats on Day 8.  Just remember why you wanted to quit.
I love waking up clean and not having to take pills until I felt "well enough" to get out of bed.  
Are you going for walks?  The fresh air feels so good after detox and the walking will really help get your energy back and help you sleep at night too.  Time to force yourself to do things.
Keep posting for support.