FLaddict
Hey Stephanie,

You remember my husband's aunt in Hyde Park?  Well she emailed me back when she returned home to Florida and asked me what the problem was.  So, I sent her an indepth email explaining my situation with the pain pill addiction, when it started, what I was taking, and asking what she thought of Suboxone, etc.  I told her that I just prayed she did not think less of me now.  Anyways, that was on Thursday, it is now Saturday night, and I have heard nothing back.  I am sure she caught the urgency in my initial email and knew it was something very important that I had to discuss with her. Surely, she has been checking her email.  I do not know what to think of this delay, maybe I was wrong to confide in her, but since she runs a rehab facility, I would think it was the obvious choice on my part.  I just wanted to share this with someone and thought of you.  Another thing, my doc who gives me the methadone and percocet had me have a sleep study last month which came back showing I had severe sleep apnea which I already knew anyway but he just decided that with treatment for the sleep apnea I would not need any further percocet at all!  I just nearly freaked out right there in the office, it was so scary.  I was barely getting by as it was, I never had enough to even take 2 a day and now he was cutting me to zero!  He did decide to cut it in half which is better than nothing, but it has been so depressing just trying to figure out a way to make 25 pills last me a whole month.  I still have my methadone but it does absolutely nothing for pain, never has, just keeps me from going into withdrawal.  After all these years of being on meds, I now have chronic pain and the least little discomfort seems like a big deal.  So in the last two months I have been cut down from 90 methadone, 60 hydrocodone, and 50 percocet to now 90 methadone and 25 percocet, that is a pretty major cut.  Maybe it is for the best, maybe God is trying to tell me something, huh?

Thanks Stephanie for listening.

Love, Cindy
Girl.. i will always be here to listen if you need...I am assuming that she is taking time to word her response properly.. She is used to talking to patients.. not family about this.. Its different.. Give it a couple more days.. And don't worry about what she thinks about you.. That is not even a issue..
Yes you have been through the ringer lately..Every time I read a post about your doctor.. I shake my head.. Yes you are addicted.. but you also have serious pain.. It must be very frustrating. What I don't understand is why with sleep apnea would you not need the meds you are on??  what will the treament be for the sleep apnea?? and how does it conflict with the percaset??  Just curious. My grandfather has it and take pain pills..so I don't get it.. He doesn't take them everyday though..

YOu are right.. that maybe these things are signs that it is time to start getting off.. Have you thought or talked to your doctor about what you will do for pain??  I know personally.. I had no idea how much pain I had till I stopped pills.. It has been very hard.. I have conviced myself mentally that pills won't help.. but that also is kinda depressing at times.. Kind of like nothing will help then..

XOXO
Stephanie
c-cap machine actually I think it may be, LOL. I forget :(

I am curious too how the sleep apnea treatment would help with pain issues.?

I also have severe sleep apnea was diagnosed last fall and I was given a c-pap machine and have to wear a mask to bed that covers my whole mouth and nose. It is suppose to help me with not being so tired during the day as with sleep apnea your awakened all night by the stopping of breathing but yet not knowing it. Your never getting a full nights sleep. I do know though that some of the pain meds b/c of the breathing depressing factor plays a part. Which is not what we would need as we have that already with the sleep apnea. Maybe that is what he/she is meaning as to not have too much of anything that depresses the breathing. ???

So any insight on this would be helpfull. Hang in there!

Huggs
Tracy
c-pap didnt look right. LOL!

But I forget what it is called, too lazy to pull out my book. :(