Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
For anyone who has experienced coming off suboxone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have been taking about 6mg per day (on avg) for 4 months.  I have 7 (seven) 8mg strips left, and there is no possibility of continuing when they are gone.  This is it.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to how I should allocate the strips I have?  I'm not under a doctors supervision (please no judgment).  I have detoxed from 19 months of narcotic use before, so I do have an idea of what to expect.  I was wondering if anyone who has done this before could help me gameplan the most effective way to utilize what I have left and minimize the withdrawal effects.

Also, does the thomas recipe help with sub w/d's?  Thanks for your help.
Hi and welcome to Forum,
I am not familiar with suboxone I have done a lil research but never taken them I do know someone who could be of help to you I will message him and send him your way. Take care and good luck keep posting stay positive and keep posting you will get the support you need on here :)
Wow, thank you for taking the time!  I really appreciate it.
you are most welcome  hang in there I know you will get the help you need!
Hey Overthepill, we can't give taper schedules on this forum, but I will say, you don't want to jump off at 6mg. That's approx. equal to 240mg of morphine. You need to get down as low as you can before you run out. Nobody here would judge you with or without a doctor. Don't worry about it. We have all done thing we are not proud of, just stick to the plan of geeting clean. Yes, the Thomas Recipe and the Amino Acid Protocol do work. Most addicts are malnourished in some way. Your body needs the right nutrients to heal and minimize withdrawal symptoms. Nothing takes the symptoms away completely. I started the vitamins, minerals, and amino as soon as I started tapering the subs. I used the immodium, when I really needed it. When I took 10 Immodium, I could function pretty well most he day. Immodium is an opiate that does not cross the blood brain barrier, so it doesn't get you high. It seems like it tricks the body into thinking it has a little opiate and relaxes. I'm glad you found us and want to encourage you to fight to stay clean, it's worth it. Good luck and keep us posted.