Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Grocery store or Drug Dealer??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Grocery store or Drug Dealer??

Grocery store, definatley!! Day 5, hanging in there, physical w/d's seem to be almost non existent, have had to take NOTHING, except a vitamin D, so feeling physically better trying to teach myself new habits, is at times challenging and easy, if that makes sense.
Yesterday, the mail ran, (always a dread) so my little personal account actually had money and way more than I thought.. How I hate the thought came to mind, WOW! Way more than I thought, you have money to get 20, so I said NO! Paid a few bills out of it, and went to the grocery store.. Small victory for me! Still praying and each day will bring challenges, but I am the only one who can say NO! Not now, not this minute, and pray the next hour.. Thank GOD! I am here and not there! GOD Bless, you all!!
Encouraging post. I get paid tomorrow, and I"m sitting here today bored, tired, a few chills, nothing too drastic, but I'm trying to keep my brain from straying to the thought of magically making it all better. I'm trying to train my brain to find other ways to satisfy itself when I'm bored, tired, or get that 3 o'clock, blahhh feeling. You're right, I'm the only one who can say NO. Thanks Again, hang in there!!
Great post...day 5 is huge, its usually a turning point day....,,,try not to do too much though...take everything in small doses..one day at a time ok?

let us know about your day 6....  

stay strong

Free~
Took a short walk after this post, and it occurred to me.. Giving up pills is like a death of a loved one, we don't want to let them go, but we have to... So we can wiollow in grief....and let it take us to places of unimiagable grief or we chose to go on, and live without.. So many tunes ive asked why me? The answer is still the same, why not you' your no better than anyone else, but thru GODS great Mercies, I've said No!! I refuse, because as someone wrote to me 1 is too many and a thousand isn't enough.. I will go back and find the person who wrote that to me, because I've spoken those words many times in my mind,, we just all have to learn to say No!! Hang in there, yourself!! Prayers!!
You're so right; I read a post during my last try at quitting. It was so moving, they said the pills were their best friend, their companion, they would do anything for them, etc. and if we think about it thats so true. We put a ton of effort into caring for the addiction. There will be a void, like a death. There will be an instinct to call on them or have their comfort. It's about building a new person! Hang in there too!
those thoughts of using and seeking out the pills now need to be channeled into things and thoughts they were neglected during your use.

the pills were your best friend and your worst enemy. a love hate relationship.

when you get a craving or think of using. get yourself busy, do something positive, exercise,clean,do a job that you have put off, spend time with your children, your spouse, a loved one,pray,listen to music,find a new hobby, or take up where you left off on one,gardening.........the possiblities
are endless...........

bury the addiction,grieve and move on my friends....
bury it before it burys you.....

btw. awesome job on choosing the grocery store.
wow money in the bank to actually pay bills?
how great is that............
keep up the good work.
one foot in front of the other...keep moving forward :)
Felt wonderful making the right choice.. I cannot dwell on what I cannot change, being the past.. And for whatever reason there is a small part of me that says "one day you'll be grateful for this experience"... I'll not question that.. And absolutley right about being occupied, I've always been active, loved outside but as you know, your love gets misplaced...Love & Prayers