Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
HELP IVE GOT THE SWEATS

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

HELP IVE GOT THE SWEATS

I have been ging to a methadone clinic for 90 some odd days and I know that sweating is a side effect bout I sweat so bad that it is embaressing. Summer is coming up and i dont know what im going to do. Ill be at work and everyone will be fine but I will be sweating like crazy. sweat just drips of my face everyday. Ill wake up in the morning and my bed and pillow is drenched. I heard that a vitamin called vitadone will help somewhat but this is ridiculous! I cant stand it and if anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to stop sweating mso much will greatly be appreciated! Please help!
I not sure why you are on the methadone esp at your young age.. You might want to try backing down a dose on it if you cant come off it.. That may help. When I was up to 100mcg duragesic patch they would make me have hot flashes,, then 30 mins later I would be freezing.. I really understand now what women that have hot flashes suffer.. I never understood that before...
I think Flutterby had that problem, you may want to ask her for advice with it, sorry to mention names, I just wanna help. Your friend, confused
i think it is a normal side effect of methadone regardless of dose, i was on a low dose for almost a year 20-30 mgs, and i sweated like mad every single day, nonstop!  it was awful and very embarrassing...there wasnt 1 day in that year that i didnt sweat...it was the same with suboxone at first, but that did eventually stop....thank goodness!!
I also just read that at night someone used a fan and that helped the sweats. I love the sound of the fan so you may try that also.
thanks for the advice. I will try that
Anytime sweetie, sorry I didnt have much to offer you tho