Aa
A
A
Close
445808_tn?1206880042
HELP IVE GOT THE SWEATS
I have been ging to a methadone clinic for 90 some odd days and I know that sweating is a side effect bout I sweat so bad that it is embaressing. Summer is coming up and i dont know what im going to do. Ill be at work and everyone will be fine but I will be sweating like crazy. sweat just drips of my face everyday. Ill wake up in the morning and my bed and pillow is drenched. I heard that a vitamin called vitadone will help somewhat but this is ridiculous! I cant stand it and if anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to stop sweating mso much will greatly be appreciated! Please help!
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I not sure why you are on the methadone esp at your young age.. You might want to try backing down a dose on it if you cant come off it.. That may help. When I was up to 100mcg duragesic patch they would make me have hot flashes,, then 30 mins later I would be freezing.. I really understand now what women that have hot flashes suffer.. I never understood that before...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I think Flutterby had that problem, you may want to ask her for advice with it, sorry to mention names, I just wanna help. Your friend, confused
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i think it is a normal side effect of methadone regardless of dose, i was on a low dose for almost a year 20-30 mgs, and i sweated like mad every single day, nonstop!  it was awful and very embarrassing...there wasnt 1 day in that year that i didnt sweat...it was the same with suboxone at first, but that did eventually stop....thank goodness!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I also just read that at night someone used a fan and that helped the sweats. I love the sound of the fan so you may try that also.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
445808_tn?1206880042
thanks for the advice. I will try that
Comment
Cancel
445808_tn?1206880042
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Anytime sweetie, sorry I didnt have much to offer you tho
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
445808_tn?1206880042
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
HELP IVE GOT THE SWEATS
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources