HELP! Im in Hell coming off Lyrica!! Has anyone on here ever got off it?
I am having a hell of a time w/d off Lyrica! It is horrible! I was on it for my dental pain and decided to get off of it b/c I gained almost 30lbs in 2 months and its not really helpful! I have read on many other forums about how bad it is to come off Lyrica, it takes a long time. I only saw in one forum that it took 3 to 4 months of w/d. I read a lot of people's stories that they dealt with the withdrawals for 2 to 3 weeks and couldn't take it anymore and got back on the Lyrica b/c the w/d are so bad! I agree, I am going through the same thing! Iv'e been off the Lyrica for 2 weeks now and nothing is better! I feel like I have the full blown flu, achy, joints hurt, can't sleep, nightmares, headache that doesnt go away, very bad GI problems, body temp is messed up, no appetite, lethargic, low grade fever, weak, night sweats every night,etc. I know what its like to w/d from the strongest pain med in the world,(fentanyl) and detoxed off high dosed of Norco and Loratab 10s. Those w/d were really bad, especially the fentanyl but, ended eventually. This Lyrica w/d is hell! I can't do anything. I fell like this will never end. I refuse to get back on the Lyrica but, I also need my life back! I knew taking Lyrica you would have some w/d but, I had no idea it would be this bad and this long! I can't believe no one on medhelp has ever talked about it b/c Lyrica w/d is all over other medical forums and, its all about how bad and long it is and how no one can handle it! There has to be someone on here that got off the drug after taking it reg. for a few months!
Hope someone can help!
Thank you!
I've been in severe withdrawal from Lyrica.  Been on 300 mg. p/day for past 6-7 years now.  Stopped cold turkey 41 days ago, which I wouldn't advise...taper always less dangerous!  I have been unsuccessful trying to taper many times in the past.  So, 41 days ago, I checked into rehab to get off daily doses of: Lyrica 300mg., Zoloft 200 mg., sinequan/doxipen 200mg., Ambien 20 mg., xanax 3 mg., oxycontin 240 mg., oxycodone 30 mg., dilauded 48 mg.,
and lots of soma.  Rehab "hospital" offered little actual medical care...not even vitals or bloodwork, just AA, NA meetings (which are great once out of the acute withdrawal syndrome phase).  I left on day 8 when I felt the opiate withdrawals were over the worst.  But I never could have imagined the hell I was about to experience!  I've been through opiate withdrawals before, but this time so much worse.  I think it must be all the lyrica and
antidepressants I'm detoxing from.  Ok- day 41, and still suffering with:  stomach+intestinal gnawing pain, diarrhea, vomiting, migraine, hot+cold sweats and clamminess, insomnia for days at a time!, ANXIETY!!!!, 30+ pound sudden weight loss, total lack of appetite, weak, depressed...totally useless...suicidal thoughts.  This is the worst illness/prison I've ever experienced!  Been to the doctor 3 times and even ER once for MRI+CAT scans of brain to rule out stroke, tumors, etc.  Docs are twiddling their thumbs.  I'm wondering where to turn now?  I'm getting more sick by the day, drs are NOT helping, and the more days that go by, the weaker I become.  Any advise or experiences you may have greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks.
Lyrica can be beaten! I did it over a year ago and have not looked back.! I had been on 150 mg x 2 per day for over 6 years. Back problems. When I made up my mind to quit, I already knew from experience, that it wouldn't be easy. A couple of lapses in taking the drug had taught me that, the hard way. You cannot quit it cold turkey, don't try. I, like you, had found very few people who had successfully gotten off the drug, most gave up after several weeks of unending nausea, head aches and everything else people describe. So, I knew for sure, I would need to draw upon a substantial well of SELF DISCIPLINE!
So, here is what I did, and it can work for anyone, if they stick to it.
The first thing I did, was to establish what I called the "48 hour rule". This meant that under no circumstances would I allow myself to take a dose, except once every 48 hours. If you drop the ball here, you're screwed. My daily was 300 mg. The first thing I did was cut that to 1- 150 mg cap, at the 48 hour mark. I continued this 150 mg once every 48 hours for 2 or 3 weeks. That's when I realized there must be another rule at play, one which I'd already done once, by cutting the dose in half, and again, only after 48 hours. The second rule was that, every 2 weeks, I would cut the dose I took at the 48 hour mark, by half. The best way to do this is to gently twist the capsule open, empty the contents onto a fairly large mirror/razor blade (yes!) or other piece of glass. Subdivide the powder from the capsule to create 2 new doses, each only half as large as what you're used to. I called this the 50% rule.
Those are the two critical rules to follow, without fail. What happens is, you graduate downward, and you notice the difference each time you cut the size of the dose. But even very small doses would produce the same "warm" feeling, the "all better" feeling, and a decent nights sleep (sort of). Eventually, for me it was after about 3 months, the tiny little dose I was taking every 48 hours, looks so small, you can't reasonably cut it in half again. When I got to that point, at the next 48 hour point, I simply didn't take any, and it was over. It was a bit like taking an airplane down to about 2 inches off the ground. From there, I just stepped off onto the ground and it was no biggie.
The trick I used to repackage the smaller doses I was creating and taking, was to use cigarette papers. Put the powder in the crease in the paper and then carefully fold it and then don't disturb till you put it in your mouth and wash down with water.
The withdrawal symptoms common with Lyrica are some of the worst that exist for this, or any class of drug. It's like going thru menopause, heroin withdrawal, while car sick and suffering from GI type flu. If I was really cynical, I might say it seems like a designer drug, (also expensive), designed to be near impossible to quit, yet covered by a good drug benefit plan, a real money-maker for the pharma. Following my method, you can get off it, but you will still suffer right up to near the end of 3 months. You cannot relapse back onto it or cheat the little program I describe, or you will be lost. Doing it using the 48 hour rule and the 50% rule, ensures that eventually the tiny dose you've whittled it down to, is fairly easy to just turn your back on. That was 14 months ago for me, and I feel no desire for the drug, at all.
I wish everyone good luck and I am providing this information because I think people need a way out, and it worked for me!
Thanks for the advice...it may be worth a try...one question...how do u feel now after coming off Lyricia...pains, depressions..or has all that gone also..I would be interested in knowing this as think it is also v important...Blessings and thanks again...Lyn...x
Hi! This thread is over 3 years old. If you go back out to the main page, you can hit the 'Post a Question' link and post any questions you may have. I don't have any experience with Lyrica, but I know there are some people around who do. I have heard it can be difficult to come off of. Post your question out there and I'm sure someone with more experience will come along. Good luck to you, and take care!
How much tapering did you do before switching medications?
Thanks!
Hi;
I feel great after shaking off the Lyrica! I don't have a sense of anything fundamental being disturbed, long term. I generally feel happy and am sleeping OK. The only detail I realized I missed in my cure story, was the fact that I was afraid to try to get off Lyrica until after I retired at the end of 2011. Part of my motivation was the fact it is not covered by the Ontario Drug Benefit Plan - not listed. I didn't want to float a drug plan just to pay for it, expensive either way, considering the drug is basically and end unto itself. You don't keep taking it because it actually does any good, just to avoid the horrible and long lasting withdrawal. Even though my last job was working from home, I still needed to be free of it for the 3 months, as there is a lot of insomnia, delusion, and crappy feelings while getting off it and I couldn't see how I could do a full time job and quit at the same time.
If I were in the midst of a good career, I would seek permission to take a 3 month medical leave, in order succeed in quitting. Depending on their understanding of the difficulty of the task of quitting, they may or may not be sympathetic to the cause. Besides the over-arching cost of the drug, the other motivator is the hair loss - that's the one that really drove me to quit!!

Thanks and good luck!
Thanks for your story...encouraging! I am amazed at the side effects (Hair loss too...) all these side effects are so deibilitating...and that is sufficient for me to taper off the Lyricia as time moves on...and it will be satisfying to shift some kilos too...knowing that it can be accomplished is the heartening issue...And I wish u the best in your retirement! Lyn.
oh my gosh i thought it was all in my head someone else feels what i do withdrawing from lyrica cold turkey if anybody knows how to stop this please tell me i just want to go to sleep and not wake up till it is over
I feel your pain!
No one has ever quit this drug cold turkey, it is way too harsh. Read my original post above, I tapered off over a 3 month period and I did it by sticking to rules and a schedule. This will work for you if you follow the method of dose reduction I describe.
Good luck to you - you can make it!!
WOW- it sure sounds like w/d's from opiates, but lasting FOREVER!! I had no idea it was that bad!! This drug sounds like it has more cons to taking it compared to the pros, so I cannot see how a doctor would think it would be ok to freely impose it on unsuspecting patients (just for the few dollars they get for every Rx of this crap they write). This drug should be pulled!!!!!
I finally found something to help me.  It's called GABA, available otc.  I've been posting all evening with this info, because I know what misery you are in if you're one of the unlucky people experiencing Lyrica withdrawal.  I can't believe I am sitting here, actually feeling good.  It feels like forever since I've been well.

I hope you will forgive me for not writing everything down, but I have been typing all evening and I'm beat.  My entire experience can be found on the website Neurotalk.com.  I don't think you have to join to look, but if you do, it's free.  I started my own thread under the "medicine" tab called "Lyrica withdrawal syndrome", under the name triviafriend.  The last post (as of 11pm today) gives all the information, how much, where to buy, everything.  Please post if you have anything to add/report.  
I am trying to get this message out to everybody who is on Lyrica.  There is an easy way to get off this and other meds. I took Lyrica for five years at 300 mgs a day (2 x 150) and found it very hard to get off. Here is the way to do it: find a compounding pharmacy and have them make custom doses. This works absolutely great. I had them make custom-dose pills so that I could reduce by only 5 or 10% per week.

I went from 300 mgs a day to 280 mgs/day; then from 280 mgs a day to 260 mgs...eventually, 140 mgs/day, 130 mgs, 120 mgs, etcetera, until I was down to tiny decreases like 45 mgs/day, 40 mgs, 35 mgs, all the way down to 5 mgs. With these small reductions, I was actually able to reduce every 3-4 days or so, and the taper was literally imperceptible. I had NO negative effects, whereas when I tried to taper using the standard capsules, which force you to reduce 25 mgs at a time, I could not do it. My body was freaking out---spasms, sweating, shaking, anxiety. Yes, it takes time (it took me about 4 months) but it works and once you are done, you are done. No withdrawal, nothing.

I did the exact same thing for Savella, btw! I tried to taper it on my own with the standard doses, and it was dreadful. I'd been on it for several years too (100 mgs a day) and just could not get off it because the discontinuation syndrome was so bad. I went to a compounding pharmacy, and they made custom capsules according to my request, so I did tiny reductions like with the Lyrica: 95 mgs, 90, 85, and eventually really small changes like 11 mgs, 9 mgs, 7 mgs, 5 mgs.... until I was down to 2 mg capsules, and then finally zero.

This is the way. If you ask me, it's the ONLY way for many people, and doctors don't even know about it. I have since told my docs about it and they were thrilled, because they had never thought about this. The rub, of course, is that you have to pay for it out of pocket. Have your doctor prescribe your normal dose, which hopefully your insurance covers, and then take those standard-dose pills to the compounding pharmacy, and they will charge you to make custom doses out of them.

The total cost for the custom Lyrica capsules was about $200, and for the Savella it was like $120. If your compounding pharmacy requires a note from your doctor, have your doctor write one up.

I suffered from fibromyalgia pain for six years. Lyrica and Savella were awesome for me. They helped me so much and gave me my life back. BUT, by some miracle I eventually got better, and now have been totally off all meds for four months, without pain. Seriously, try the custom-dose approach. The changes are so gradual and so subtle that your body will not notice and will have plenty of time to adjust. I came up with the custom-dose idea when I happened to walk by a compounding pharmacy one day.

I wish everyone the very best of luck!

Got off both meds.

im trying to come down from 1600mg lyrica a day. (400mg x 4 times)
for neuropathic pain in my neck.
im also on 40mg fluoxetine, 4mg candesarten and 150mg topiramate.

been getting shivery and cold, and muscle cramps, increased neck pain, problems with speech, lack of concentration, firey spine sensation. dark thoughts.

ive got to get down to 1000mg. im having trouble functioning at work as it is.
I quit the highest dose the first of yr'13
I went from 110-115 to 154. Not sure but I think it's caused brains farts from hell. And I can't stop losing weight. I'm at 103 now. Concerned now of seizures that could possibly occur or memory damage! Idk ..quit pain meds cold turkey 3 yrs ago
Just on Valium as needed now
I'm starving bit also have 2 ulcers.. I eat but not so good and drink a couple ensure smoothies a day
Just on Valium as needed now
I've been on Lyrica for about three months or so and it's been great for neuropathic pain up until about 6-7 weeks ago. It's slowly stopped being useful 1, then 2, then 3 hours, etc. close to the end of 12 hour cycles of medicine. It recently stopped being effective at all and the pain became so unbearable I was in the emergency room for what is now most of yesterday (most was in the waiting room of course). I was just switched cold turkey from Lyrica to Gabapentin. I was on 150mg twice a day and am now on Gabapentin 300mg once a day for the next twenty days. Script is up a few days before my next neurologist appointment. The pharmacist heavily recommended I call my neurologist before taking both at the same time, and they both said to drop Lyrica straight off. I've been up since then. I think I was able to sleep for a few minutes because I remember most everything from tonight except for trying to scream and I couldn't...so I guess that's lucid dreaming. I keep hearing screams and yells and sharp laughter...I feel like I'm swimming through syrup and I don't want to sleep at this point because I don't want to have another nightmare and I'm honestly so scared. I can't see a neurologist until Oct. 17th and mine has been completely unhelpful in this situation. I also take geodon 60mg x2 a day, propanolol 40 mg x2 a day, lamictal 200 mg at night, wellbutrin 150 mg in the morning, xanax 1 mg at night, and sprintec (birth control) in the morning. I don't know what these interactions might be, and missed doses of my medication have caused similar reactions. The sounds are malicious, and I don't want to be on any of these medications, but I have little to no choice in the matter. I know the Gabapentin has definitely made me feel a bit loopy and very sedated, but I also am having a lot of trouble sleeping besides the hallucinations. The pain has let up for now...I'm not sure how this is going to go. I have class in the morning, so I hope things get better soon.
Hey there Kesskitty- I am so sorry you are going through all of this. What I would do is try to get in to see your Neuro ASAP. Hallucinations are nothing to just sit around and deal with until your next appointment. Do yourself a favor and get seen NOW. Good luck!
I went to the Doctor today because I had questions about my Lyrica. I take two tabs a day. 150 mg for my fibromyalgia. I told him it was giving me suicidial thoughts, and making me feel ill and irritable all the time and I don't want to feel that way. My boyfriend has noticed these changes. We have just reunited after 20+ years, and I don't want to mess this up. My doctor thought that I was seeking pills when I asked for a different medication. I asked him about weaning myself off the Lyrica, the side effects, and all he would tell me was go talk to the pharmacy tech. I was furious. I have had seizures since I was 18 months old, coming off this Lyrica is one of the side effects. Now, I'm pissed. Anybody got any advice. I've emailed a Doctor that used to work at that office hoping that she will give me some input.  
I a.m so sorry forwhat you have been through.   I think these doctors and pharmacy companies should be held accountable,  maybe prison?
Your  story is very encouraging; I hope I have the determination and willpower to follow your advice.
I was on 300 mg twice a day for 3 yrs for nerve pain. I can relate to all of your stories.I have been off of lyrica for 3 weeks with OMG!! Withdrawls. Flu like symptoms, sweats, major insomnia, and the most scariest of all was my blood pressure and heart rate( suffered a heart attack in 2010) was 167/100 with a 123 heart rate while sitting down!!! My new pain management doctor was horrified when he learned that I was on that much for that long. He put me on gabapentin which is considered a "safe drug" and is working well. So if your thinking of getting off lyrica do it as soon as possible. This drug hasn't been out long enough to determine the lasting effects let alone the withdrawals which will eventually go away.
I've been on Lyrica for about 4 months now for severe back, leg, and ankle pain.  I'm up to 225 mg twice a day.  I need to get off of it because it's causing severe anxiety, irritability and hostile behavior.  I'm afraid to talk to my doctor about it.  The first time that he suggested I take the medicine earlier this summer, I tried it and my ankles swelled up so badly I could hardly walk. When I returned to my doctor to talk about another medication, he got so upset with me that he waded up a paper and threw it at me.  Can you imagine?  After a few days, I decided to give the medicine another try and look at me now - I'm all messed up.  When I go talk to my doctor this time is he going to throw a brick at me?  Maybe I should go in full body armor.  Seriously, I need to get off it.  I've decided to open the capsules and tap out a little bit. I'm going to take out a little more every few days.  I hope it works without having too many problems with withdrawals.  I don't need any more hell in my life.  Good luck with your situation.
Listening to all these stories I can relate to even coming clean to my doctor I had come dependant on meds. And he kicked me out of his office. I have been dealing with script addiction since 2003 so I truly understand what we all our going through. The withdrawls mean either you, your body or both are dependant and our brains don't work like it should. So now what!!!!! ???????
If you are on a dose as low as 25mg three times a day, I really don't think you will have withdrawal problems. These people having the w/d are on huge doses. I am currently taking between 125mg a night. I have stopped abruptly before, and not had any problems apart from more difficulty sleeping, which is what i take it for.
The doctors at rehab have put my mother on Lyrica and on MS Contin and she's on Norco for pain  She's 87 and about 97 lbs soaking wet. She is so confused and can hardly keep her eyes open since they started all this together. I swear they are trying to kill her.  But I've told them to stop all Lyrica and stop the MS Contin. I don't mind her being on Norco for the pain and a dilaudid if she needs it in between.  But seeing her go from a functioning person in pain ready to be released to a very confused person who can't stay awake long enough to eat is very frustrating.  I hope she does okay on the withdrawals.  But I must get her off of this.  Jeez...these doctors  just throw drugs and drugs at them.  
I SO AGREE with you!!  The older we get, the more sensitive our bodies get to prescription medication....we metabolize it differently than someone younger.  The Norco and Dilaudid in between if she needs it sounds good.

She is SO BLESSED to have you for a daughter and it's great that you are looking out for her.  I agree, adding MS Contin and Lyrica to the Norco would totally zone her out.  I'll tell you when my Dad was in his last days he never would have made it without an advocate in the lung hospital he was in....they even carried strep b across the hall....and I was furious with them!  I'm so glad she has you...you're right to be concerned.

If you want to talk to any of us on the substance abuse forum again....this thread is pretty old...and if you go to the top of this page and hit the orange post a question button, you will be on the most current page of those seeking help and answers on the forum.

Wishing you and your Mom the best~
Kick, I too took Lyrica for a month, refilled the script and started on it and it did me the same way it did you. I quit CT didn't know any better. The Dr. gave me amitriptyline 25mg it worked great!! I was on it a month. I was also taking ambien so when I went to get off it I took the amitriptyline again. Stopped taking it again and just took otc pm med. all this in a 2 month time with on wd's and no trouble. You might check into it.  
2014 and I have just read these comments about Lyrics.  I had a similar journey that started in early 2013 when I went to an upper cervical chiropractor for a stiff neck that was bothering me.  After several adjustments to the C1 and a final adjustment to the C2, I spiraled down into total body nerve pain.  I went to an orthopedic pain management specialist who put me on 300 mg daily, telling me the pill was a non-narcotic and "I didn't have to worry about it." I didn't stay on that very long, I felt so terrible, that I quickly went down to 200 mg. a day and stayed on that amount for about 3 months.  When I tried to go down to 150 mg. I had all the symptoms I'm reading about here- headache, sleeplessness, mental fog, loud ringing in my ears, and horrible diarrhea.  So I went back up to 200 mg.  when another well respected doctor in alternative medicine told me the Lyrica was "poisoning my system"'I was determined to get off.  This doctor helped my neck and I was able to go down to 100 mgs.  From there it became a night mare!  Not knowing what exactly "gradual withdrawal" means, I thought gradually going off the  100 in a week's time would do it.  I have never experienced anything so terrifying in my life.  I felt as if spiders were crawling all over my body, my head pounded and my ears rang so loudly, I could barely stand it.  I am now grateful, I didn't have a seizure! I could go on and on here, but what I want you all to know is that I did finally get off this terrible drug.  I have been off for about 7 months.  The way I did it was to go down from 200 mgs. In 25 mgs. Increments and would stay on that dose for at least a month before lowering it again.  I did have withdrawal symptoms, especially with the stomach and sleep, but I was determined and I prayed a lot.  I still have some nerve pain, whistling in my ears, but I can tolerate it.  I am SO glad to be off this terrible drug.  Good luck and many prayers to you all who are in this battle.  I so understand what you are going through.
I also had some relief using GABA.  It was prescribed to me by a nutitionist to counteract the effects of the Lyrica.  I used a supplement called Zen.  It contained 550 mg of GABA ( gamma-aminobutyric acid) and 200 mg mg of L-Theanine.  When I first took it I felt amazingly better, but it seemed that the longer I took it, the effects decreased.  Still worth a try for all those who are suffering.  I just can't believe that more doctors are not aware of the terrible withdrawal symptoms of this drug!
This is a reply to all who have reported significant side affects from Lyrica and/or significant side effects with withdrawal. Please report this to the FDA. I do not have confidence that our Dr's do or our health care systems. The FDA and the drug companies collude to get drugs on the market and chronically under report users negative feedback. I believe that posting on the FDA sight may get the FDA to test this very strong drug. Best to all of you.
I am coming of varied doses of Lyrica which I have been taking for 5 months in the dosage range of 75-1200 mg, (for depression, migraine prophilaxis and GAD) mostly around 450-750 mg a day. I have skipped a few days here and there without ill effect. Now I cold-turkeyed it 3 days a go. First day was soso with chills, sweats, diarrhoea etc, second day was worse with suicidal ideation and depression and TODAY on the third day, I am in absolute despair, pacing, acutely suicidally depressed......I went half the day and gave in. Took 300 mgs at 1pm and feel completely normal now at 4pm. This drug is the DEVIL!
I want to avoid tapering over weeks so will attempt lowering the dosage every 48hrs and see  what happens.
Lyrica is the most negative life-altering medication that I have ever experienced. After a hellish month of trying to hang with the side effecgts, I had to stop it. And now almost 10 days since my last dose I am still suffering worse that I have been for the past 7 years with this fibromyalgia-like condition. If I had had a gun, I would have put a bullet in my brain. I have never felt so despondent about my existence. And to boot, my digestive system has slowed down to the point that I cannot eat a small meal without the feeling that I just gorged on a Thanksgiving dinner. My lower legs and feet have swellesd up to where I cannot wear my shoes. I am living in a state of mental confusion and cannot remember things from one minute until the next. I have forgotten the names of people whom I have known for years. Stay away from this poison! When I see my doctor next week I am going to demand that he take it fpr a month himself before prescribing it again. My money is on him not ever prescribing this medicine again. These doctors hand out these meds loke they are candy on the information that the pharmaceutical SALES REPS have given them. Stay away from LYRICA. Stay away fronm it.
All prescription medication come with the risk of the body getting attached to it; therefore, you must wean yourself off the drug - - give your body time to readjust.  Do it SLOWLY.  Taper off for a month or better if you have to.  There are all sorts of mg's available and if you're taking a high dose, step down to a lower dose for 2 weeks, then another lower dose for 2 weeks, and so on.  I've had to wean myself off many medications (bad neck problems and surgeries) and it's not immediate if you wean slowly, but it IS less painful.  I assure you it will get better.  Do NOT lose hope.  
Hi I've been on high and low doses of lyrica now for over 2 years, I've been prescribed 600mg a day for at least 7 months I have triesd so hard to come of it, pure hell, worser than any street drug at least those may only last 4 to 7 days this has my head and my body all messed up. I need sleep I have four kids under the age of 5 and a new born .............
I cannot imagine trying to come off Lyrica while trying to take care of 4 babies!  I spent 7 years on 300mg of Lyrica 3 times a day.  During that time I gained almond st 200lbs.  About a year ago my doc started tapering me down slowly to try and prevent withdrawals but that didn't help. My BP was dangerously high so she put me on Clonidine and that helped shape me with the BP and sweats.  I've been totally off Lyrica for 2 weeks and I don't even feel human.  I'm lethargic, stomach hurts, headaches, BP is crazy and I don't have the energy or desire to eat,  this is the worst medication I've been on for fibromyalgia and I've been on Fentanyl, Methadone, Kadian, OxyContin, etc., but withdrawing from those was a piece of cake compared to this. I will never take this crap again for any reason,  I wish you luck!  Take care!
I have been on 800 mg of Lyrica for about a year now and I have tried to stop three times but the withdraws are so herific I always get back on it. I also have gotten off of Fentynol , Oxicontin. Etc.  why would doctors prescribe chap like this if you end up needing it all the time because the withdrawals  are so bad. Severe headaches, flu like aches and pains, can't eat, can't sleep. My blood is so thin that my skin rips off if I hit it even lightly. IM SO SICK OF THIS!!! I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE...
Lyric withdrawal, I was taking 300 mg once a day for diabetes foot pain, I gained 25 pounds feet got so big I could hardly get shoe on. I quit it cold turkey and never had any withdrawels at all. It did get me a tad high and very tired. I was driving west from Florida to Yellowstone and was afraid of falling aslee at the wheel,take Gababentin now but must take at least 2000 mg. a day for it to work and it does work a bit but pins,needles and pain in feet still there,Lyrica took it away totally but side effects ate terrible.
If your taking gabapentin it's pretty much same as taking lyrica. Gabapentin is the active ingredient in lyrica. That's why no withdrawls. If you stopped the gabapentin then you would have withdrawls.
Stay on the Gabi if you can. Lyrica is a bad drug!!!
Withdrawls from gabepentine are just as bad an in time you'll increase I'm 32 year old I've been on gab since was twenty off and on the withdrawls are hellish as well an they're same addictive I came off them both using a little something for pain an nerves and weed but gab causes hot/ cold flashes bad when coming off them an depression bad and btw I tingle and etc on my back were my fibra is but it works great for nerve damage an I'm getting gab perscribed now an they are hard to let go of
Thats terrible.  I take a much lower dose but have put a lot of weight on.  My friends and family call me 'fatty' and accuse me of being greedy and lazy (going swimming or gyming is almost impossible on this stuff).  Its all I can do to get out of bed.  You must surely get some help with your children.  I didnt realise how addictive they are until I ran out on a Thursday, fetched a prescription on Friday, took it to the chemist who I didnt realise closed on Saturday afternoon (how daft is that)  By Monday I thought I was going crazy.  Im sure it was as bad as say alcohol withdrawal.  I am getting off these,  I wont tell the doc cos i dont actually want the script stopped just in case.  I live in the UK, where it is possible to get NHS rehabI  but that;s only for people with serious addiction eg heroin, not just a measly prescription tab - yea, right! I certainly havnt the money to pay for rehab myself otherwise I seriously would. I feel for you and hope you have a good support network,  Good luck with whatever you decide.
I started lyrica on the advice of my neurologist and GP to manage debilitating back pain. I was starting a high-paid position and wanted to prevent the pain and spasms that had destroyed my career in the past. Within 48 hours the pain in my back had completely gone for the first time in 15 years. However, I found I could not sweat when I exercised (I was overheating) and was gaining weight at a phenomenal rate despite cutting my calorie intake. Worst of all, I realized I wasn't thinking properly - I couldn't do my job. I was told I had "blown them away in the interview" but was failing to meet expectations. I immediately lowered the dose in consultation with my GP - I had night panic attacks as a result. I did regain some of my cognitive skills and halted the weight gain (although I was on starvation rations, the weight should have been falling off me!), but I ended up with worse back pain than I had ever had before. The drug that was supposed to make it possible for me to go back to work has resulted in excruciating pain. I still have only part of my cognitive abilities back, so overall the drug has done more harm than good. What annoys me is the lack of information I was given prior to starting lyrica - we are all told to listen to 'evidence' not opinion, but the blogs have been more accurate than the experts about the effects of this drug. I am hoping to completely withdraw from lyrica by the end of this year, although I have read on some blogs that people are living with the withdrawal effects for years after ceasing treatment. Has anyone thought of a class action suit for the damage this drug causes?  
I am 63 totally disabled, and have been taking Lyrica for about 7 years.  When I use to try to reduce it, I would sweat and itch, which is what was happening before I ever started it.  Now, when I tried to reduce it, I went into a tail spin of severe depression.  Don't let anyone tell you that Lyrica is NOT an antidepressant, since has become for me.  I am getting a script to get it in 25 mgs, and will reduce it by 25 mgs more every MONTH.  A health professional told me that Lyrica will cause you to go blind, and I am elderly, so I don't need this.  The last time I tried to reduce it by 50 mgs, I ended up in the fetal position crying my eyes out.  I believe that physical pain and mental pain are one in the same.  So I will need prayer to get off of this stuff, and since I am so sensitive, must try at 25mgs a month.  I am also taking 300mgs a day, so this will take forever.  Thank You and God Bless.
A GP upped my dose of lyrica after I was released from hospital from 150mg to 450mg per day. I was in hospital for back pain. I am in a big job that requires mental capacity. He did not tell me any of the side effects or consequences of withdrawals. Had I known I would of stayed on the dose the hospital had me on. I have put on weight ( too scared to weigh myself) I have blurred vision and can't think straight. My back is much better so I don't need this medication now. I have started withdrawals and I am adviced to drop by 25mg per week. That's 4.5mths of weekend withdrawals for me.... Depression and feeling out of it for mths. Same doctor doubled my Targin, when I left hospital. Those withdrawals were hell as well. I am going to report doctor to HCCC and lyrica needs to be managed better and maybe only allowed to given out by neurologists.. Yes I was in pain and couldnt walk but my choice was taken away because he didn't explain the consequences to me.. Subsequent GPs have said the doses were extreme.... I just want to get off this horrid drug.
I was on Lyrica at 600mgs/day for six years plus 125mcg fentanyl patches and eight 10/325 oxycodone.... All for pain related to Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD).  I noticed a couple years ago that my pain was lessening on its own, it was going into remission! I went to my doc so he could wean me off all these heavy drugs so whenever it comes out of remission my tolerance isn't through the roof. Any who, we did the opiates first. Those were terrible because we were tapering them down far too quickly. I was so miserable I just cold turkeyed about two months into it. After a month or so of my withdrawals from the opiates, we attempted the Lyrica. To this day, my doc swears there is no withdrawal from it! The withdrawal from Lyrica makes opiate withdrawal look like nothing. I can testify that I would rather opiate withdrawal everyday for the rest of my life than EVER go through Lyrica withdrawal again. After a wreak of withdrawals and no help at all from my doc, I got my neurologist to write me a script for gabapentin. I took 2400 mgs and a hour later was withdrawal free. I used those to slowly withdrawal over two months and it was very comfortable the whole time. Lyrica withdrawal should not ever be attempted cold turkey! It's damn dangerous!!!
Get healing and deliverance prayer. You're dealing with evil.
Trying to stop Lyrica was the worst mistake I've ever made. And I've made some doozy's. I knew nothing about stopping it. My doctors knew nothing. Pfizer(manufater) has provided little or no information. They got caught with their pants down. Lyrica is their prodigal child. They've already made billions of $$ off it,at our expense. They are aware of the severe w/Drawal syndrome people are facing, but do nothing. The capsules available are not consistent with the recommended 10% monthly drop. 150mg, 75mg,50mg,25mg. The drops between these mgs. is to much and causes Withdrawl symptoms to severe. I asked for help from my V.A. Docs, they did not have a clue. In the U.K, their is a liquid available. Pfizer put this on the market for people who can not swallow pills. They have a neurological problem called Dysphagia. Ironically, on day 3 of my taper, I began having difficulty swallowing. I stopped eating. What is prescribed to treat, it causes. I never had tingling in extremities or muscle twitches, I do now. One of the best sources of info & support was found in a Facebook group called" Lyrica Survivors Support Group". I'm there. I also had a very new & terrifying symptom yesterday. It is called, sleep paralysis. From being awake so many nights in a row my sleep cycle was disrupted. This cause sleep paralysis. Mine happend trying to fall asleep. You feel like your smothering, can't breath, can't speak, can't move, and you desperately want to. Fortunately it is not life threatening, just feels that way. My other w/Drawal symptoms (which many share ) are stuffy nose, heart palpitations, racing heart, fear, paranoia, rage, involuntary muscle jerking, difficulty swallowing,eye pain, ringing ears,body parts get pins & needles then go numb, and more. There is tons of info out there but chances are you health care provider doesn't know about anything. It is our responsibility to inform them. You can report it and get other info at RxISK.com.
Also Thepeoplespharmacy.com has a lot of solid info. The best info to be had is by joining the F/B support group. Almost 1400 people from all over the world can't all be wrong. The water titration method seems to offer the best outcome. DO NOT STOP THIS R.X. ABRUPTLY. I made this fatal mistake. It causes a thing called P.A.W.S. Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. I tried to stop and had to go back up to a stable dose. Still I suffer & im told it could be awhile. Lyrica is an insidious drug & a CNS drug. It gets in every place there is a nerve in your body. That's why it effects so many systems. When you stop it suddenly, you are in for P.A.W.S. You shock your nervous system and it causes the long drawn out W/Drawal syndrome and there's no turning back. Best wishes for anyone going through this. Pfizer is the biggest of big pharma, the Teflon dons of big pharma. Nothing seems to stick to them. Forget about any help from them or your doctor. To offer help from them is an admission of wrong doing and that won't happen. Losing billions of dollars for Pfizer is just the cost of doing business. Attorneys are totally intimidated by them. Doctors turn away and act like your crazy. I will help anyone, anytime, anyway I can. I'm at the F/B support group.
I am scared to death, but need to get off this stuff.  I cannot find the FB page. Help!
So wat to do to stop daily dosage?? How to start it??hiw to slowly stop taking it
To wean of Lyrica, you must do it slowly. The smallest pill size is 25mg, so whatever amount you are taking, ask your doctor to write you a script/prescription for 25mg less than that amount. Take that new amount for a week, then as long as you have tolerated the side effects, reduce again by 25mg the next week. Only reduce by 25mg a week. If you are experiencing side effects wait till those side effects subside before reducing again, even if that means staying on a certain dose for a couple of months. It is certainly possible to get off Lyrica, it's just that you have to do it gradually. When you are finally on the minimum dose of 25mg a day and want to get off it completely, alternate one day on one day off, etc. for a couple of weeks before getting off completely.
Lyrics Survivors . Amazing support site
I'm reading up on this because I want to stop can't do it cold turkey. I'm going to taper and smoke weed
Marijauna will help calm you and help you eat and rest
I stopped cold turkey and use cannabis instead... not all cannabis is created equal. Some strains cause me more neuropathic pain, so please do your homework, try it for week before going cold turkey. So far 2weeks and no withdrawal symptoms. Good luck!
I've came off of it before I used nerves and gabapentine which the gab I'm still on its perscribed btw but lyrica is hard it is similar to the gab the gab goes straight to the nerve and the lyrica goes to to brain then the nerve or it's visversa ( the other way around) see I've been shot an it caused complete nerve damage in my leg an that's why I get those