Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
HELP ME PLEASE

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

HELP ME PLEASE

I have been using Norcos 10mg/325mg for about a year an a half I just started today cold turkey really ***** is there anything I can take to help with the withdraws Im trying to fight this through ive tryed quitting cold turkey before but just couldnt make it an ended up benging out and keep going I want to quit but its so hard and this time ima make it today is day one and its so hard please help me what can i take to help?
I am detoxing from Norco right now also. I am into my 5th day and it hasnt been easy. You will need Immodium for the diarrhea. I am taking Valerian root and Melatonin to help me sleep. You may also want to ask your DR for an anti-anxiety med. The anxiety has been the worst for me. I know how hard it is right now but it will get better. Just think of it as the flu and that the only thing that really heals the flu is time. Stay strong. If you keep focused on how good it will feel to be sober you will make it through. And you came to the right place for support. This forum has helped me tremendously!

Good Luck

Valerie
Hello and welcome to the forum.. Congrats on taking your life back Day 1 is the beginning :) CuzzoRich40 gave you some great advice.. I would like to add to it by saying a determined attitude is a very large benefit.. You are going to get clean and You will make it through the wd.. Hot showers and Baths are a must !! It will help a lot with the aches.. also Valerian Root for anxiety you can get this at the drug store it is a Natural product.. If you are on BP meds Please speak with your Dr. first.. also Hylands restful leg for rls.. the jumping feeling in your legs.. the showers will also help with this.. do not just lay around waiting to feel better but Force yourself to walk clean what have you any movement at all is a benefit.. You need to get those feel good endorphins flowing again.. Post Post ask for support and read a lot as the more knowledge we have the better equipped we are to fight our addictions.. also you may think about AA NA as support in person is great and it helps to hear that you are not alone.. I wish you well and look forward to you announcing day 2 :) lesa
sorry that was browniev103 that gave you the good advice :))