Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
HELP ME WITH MY RECOVERY!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

HELP ME WITH MY RECOVERY!

I am 22 years old and I was smoking crack! I became addicted to getting really drunk and picking up hookers off the street for sex. One night, one of them put a crack pipe in my mouth and I inhaled. I was HOOKED! It became a bi-weekly thing to tri-weekly to weekly to monthly and so on. I tried to quit after every time I smoked and I just kept going back to it. I get really drunk first, pick up a hooker, and have her get it for me. I need to get rid of this monster! I decided to move in with my distant family far away to get clean for a long period of time (2 1/2 months). I'm just scared when I come back home, I end up relapsing. I need help, guidance, support. Please, give me all the information you got. Tell me how you quit. Teach me how to get my life back. All I think about is the pain I caused my family and it eats me alive! I'm a shame to them and they are living to see me get better. I can't let them down. I can't let myself down. I need to get better.
well, don't smoke any crack today and go to an NA or AA meeting instead.

that will be a positive step in the right direction . . .

stay away from hookers . . . they are your trigger and you're going to use if you associate with them.

eat good food, drink lots of water and get some rest . . . we really abuse our bodies when on a run

CATUF
2219
So have YOU quit successfully?