Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Hearing Loss
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hearing Loss

My doctor perscribes hydrocodone-Acetiminophen 5-500 for my severe neck tension and I take 1-1/2 almost every night.  Never more than that.  But, I noticed hearing seems to be dimmer in my left ear.  Did research on hearing loss with this drug and now I'm scared to death.  I want OFF!  Can my hearing be reversed when I get this out of my system?
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
First,get your ears examined by a doctor. That's not a very a large amount of Vicodin at all.  From what I've read, hearing loss occurs after prolonged use at high doses and is not reversable.  You really should see a doctor to calm your fears.

Vicki
Blank
Yes I will do that.  Thank you!
Blank
I used a low dose of Vicodin many, many years ago for a semi-short period of time and I definitely have diminished hearing.  My hearing didn't come back after I got off it.  (I also got a ringing in my ears, which also didn't resolve.  I deal with that by always having something on, radio, TV, etc.  It's worse when things are totally silent.)

Good luck.  Check with your doctor and see where you're at with your hearing loss.  You will learn to compensate with it.
Blank
495284_tn?1333897642
Get to your doctor and tell them what is going on.  Let us know how you come out~~~~sara
Blank
Thank you all.  Made an appt. today for a hearing evalutation.  My brother has menieres syndrome but he doesn't take any drugs at all.  Also, grew up with a rock-n-roll guitar player, dad, which might have something to do with this as well.  
Blank
I had this happen to me.  But when I saw the Dr, he pulled out a huge hardened  glob of earwax and all of the sudden I could hear   Just don't want you to worry excessively.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...