Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How do get off Suboxone?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

How do get off Suboxone?

Hi, I have been on 16mg of Suboxone for over 5 years after abusing Oxycontin for less than 2 years.  My mood is content, but I am a shell of a person.  I do not work and I never leave my home.  I get up in the afternoon and go on my laptop until I go to bed around 4am, and then I repeat the same thing the next day.  I am extremely constipated and have no energy.  I know I need to get off Suboxone, but I don't feel strong enough to and the more time that goes by, the weaker I get.  There was only 1 time that I was ready to ween myself off Suboxone.  It was after being on it for 6 months and a psychiatrist had put me on an anti-depressant.  I mentioned to my doctor, that was prescribing the Subs, that I was ready to ween down and he said I shouldn't think about that now.  So here I am, 5 years later.  I get frustrated to why Suboxone affects me so much because I know plenty of other people who take it who can work and function properly.  I used to be a very hard-working, family oriented person and now I don't work, hardly every see my family, and lost touch with most of my friends.  But still, none of this motivates me enough to even go one day without Suboxone.  I've called a few rehab centers, but they only offer like a 5 day detoxification, which makes no sense for the long term nature of Suboxone.  Does anybody have any suggestions or is anyone in a similar situation?

I'd like to make a note, though.  I am not condemning Suboxone.  It stopped my life from spiraling out of control and I know I wouldn't be in this situation if I got some kind of co-therapy when I initially started taking Suboxone.  I am blaming myself and the doctor who only cared about my urine samples every month I saw him.  (Sometimes, I would have to stay in his office bathroom all day until I could produce a sample because the Suboxone also causes extreme urinary retention for me, even though the doctor didn't think that was possible.)  I have a new doctor now who prescribes the Suboxone and thinks everything in my life is going great because I don't know what to tell him.
I never took sub. I know the wds  are rough no matter what the opiate. But sub wds are not a pinic.  I hope you get your life back.  I was getting more and more isolated in my addiction , even though I continued to work.  It was like getting to know myself all over again when I let opiates go.  Come on cowboy up and join us !!!  You can do this!!
I have the perfect person to help you get your life back just hold on I will get him on here..his name is Robert 325...
Talk to you soon, Melinda
I have a couple of suggestions. First of all, your dose is really high for a long term user. The way Sub works makes doses over 4-6mg a real waste for people who have been on Sub a while. My guess is that part of your problems may come from the large dose. Ask your doctor about possibly lowering your dose. Suboxone doesn't work in the way that normal opiates do..so more isn't "better" in this case. I suspect that a lower dose will alleviate many of your problems. Secondly, getting off of the Sub is a great idea. But, keep in mind that the Suboxone has merely kept your addiction in remission for the last few years. It's still there. Work on getting to the core of why you used now while you're still on the Sub. That way you have a much better chance of long term clean time when you finally taper off the Sub. An addiction counselor, AA or NA meetings, or group therapy would be great choices.
I can help you with the subs. It's a matter of tapering properly.  Let me know if you want to talk more.  I've done this with people who had been using for 10 years.or more. God bless.
If you never took Suboxone ,how do you know what the withdrawal is like.,to say it is no picnic.
I was put on Suboxone 5 months ago after doing a 800mg a day oxy habit.I started out on 18 mgs,and tapered down to 6 mgs with no problem and no withdrawal,I had surgery in Nov and was going back on opiates,so had to get off the Suboxone.The surgery date was sooner then expected so I had to be off it in a week.Went from 6mgs to 0 in a week,again with no withdrawal.
people who have not been on a drug should not comment about its effects.
why have you been on such a high dose for 5 yrs.?You should have been tapering off a long time ago.
What do you mean you dont know what to tell your Dr.Tell him you want to get off the Suboxone,you are better off asking him how to get off it then us.
I tapered off of mine ,has that ever been an option for you in 5 years.
Also if I was having urinary retention from it,i would be off it real fast,and telling my new Dr all about it.
You sound like you need heavy duty Anti depressants,not Suboxone
Thanks for all the suggestions, I didn't expect so much feedback so fast.  I was just checking to see if I had any responses before I went to bed and now I'm mad I didn't check back earlier.  Tomorrow, I will be able to give more info.

To Wolverine819, after reading your post, I realized I didn't give enough information.  It's just hard to put everything into words but I wanted to get to the point.  Anyways, I've talked to my doctor plus a psychiatrist and a therapist about my situation.  It's not like I'm telling everybody I'm fine and then coming home to go online and ask other people for help.  I've also been to a few specialists for my constipation and urinary retention and have been in treatment for it.  The problem with that is, nobody knows if the Suboxone caused my condition with my pelvic floor muscles or if the Suboxone only enhanced it.  Up until a few months ago, I wanted to fix all my underlying issues before I attempted to get off Suboxone, both physical and psychological.  But because it is so hard to tell what is caused by the Suboxone and what isn't, I recently finally admitted to my family that I think it would be best if I got off Suboxone first.
So here I am.  I am so scared and I wanted to just find some advice from other people who have gone through it.  It is so hard to find help, locally, about getting off Suboxone because it is used, itself, as an addiction recovery aide.  My parents tell me I should go to a rehab, but I keep trying to explain to them that a 4 day rehab wont do anything because I will just be starting to get my withdrawals as it will be time to leave.
To sum it all up, I know I should have had some co-therapy or should have gone to meetings when I started taking Suboxone.  When I was trying to get clean, before I got on Suboxone, I had the motivation to go to meetings and be motivated because all the recent pain was fresh in my head.  The problem was I would eventually relapse.  So that's when I found a doctor who would prescribe me Suboxone.  I was so happy at how much it took my cravings away.  My doctor never encouraged me to get other help and even when I did tell him I think I was ready to start weening down, he told me to not think about that just yet.  So I continued on with my 16mg dose of Suboxone a day and I was still maintaining a job.  Eventually, when I started getting worse constipation and urinary retention, I told my doctor and he thought I was just trying to cop out of giving him a urine sample, which didn't make sense because I would always give him a sample even if I stayed for a few hours to be able to give it to him.  Then all he would say is, "the only thing I can do is stop giving you these," as he would point to my prescription.  Of course I didn't want him to take those away from me cold turkey, so I stopped talking to him about it.

Everything, eventually, got so bad that I couldn't work anymore.  Then, the day before one of my appointments, the doctor's office called me saying that the doctor no longer prescribes Suboxone and that I need to find another doctor.  That is when I found the doctor I have now.  This new doctor also helped me to find a Gastronologist, because the stomach cramps that went along with the constipation, was more bothersome than the urinary retention.
I eventually got diagnosed with "Pelvic Floor Dysfunction", but the GI still didn't know if the Suboxone had anything to do with the cause.  My treatment was supposed to consist of bio-feedback therapy, but there did not seem to be any place in my area that offered this treatment for men.  I was very discouraged.
I have since discovered a method that greatly reduces the symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction, but I still am nowhere near normal.
Then it hit me that this is probably another reason to get off Suboxone.

I'M GOING TO END THIS COMMENT AND START OVER IN MY NEXT POST BECAUSE I AM HAVING A HARD TIME BEING CONCISE AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE MAIN POINT I CAME HERE FOR.  I will not delete this post, though, because it may answer some of your questions.
Sorry about all that.  This is my predicament.  I want to get off Suboxone, but I don't have the same strength, fire, and determination that I had when I was trying to come clean before Suboxone.  I feel the main reason is the Suboxone itself and I know the longer I wait, the harder it's going to be.
So I was wondering if anybody had any advice on how I should approach this.  Should I try and ween down by myself?  Is it really hard?  And, most of all, I would like to know if there is anyone out there that has been on Suboxone for as long as I have and what they're experiences were like if/when they tried coming off of it.  
Thanks, again, for everybody that already left feedback and thank you in advance for anyone that will.
I would really love to get some advice from you.  You said you helped someone that was on Subs for 10 years?  That alone, makes me feel so much better.  I will take any info you can give me.  Thanks.
Are you a doctor? If not you should not be giving medical advice,and have this dude screwing around with his meds.He is under a Drs care he should be going to him for medical advice about tapering off his suboxone.This guy has a lot of issues and you shouldnt be screwing around with a med he has been on at high doses for 5 years.
There are so many experts on here when it comes to Suboxone and they have never even been on it.
You are telling someone you dont know,never met,know nothing about him,how to take his medication,that is crazy,and he is crazy for listening
I just wanted to say I was on opiates for over 25 yrs.Last March I was put on 16 mgs of Suboxone only to find out that it was to high of a does not to mention I couldn't take Naloxone.So I got my doctor to switch me to Subutex and immediatly began to lower my dose.Robert_325 was the guy that actually realized my problem.He also was the guy that helped taper me off the sub's.I had taken my last sub back in June 2009 and have been clean every since.This guy may not be a doctor but without his advice I honestly have no idea where I would be today.
This is the first time in over 25 yrs that I have been opiate free for over six months.I haven't even had a single craving.
I wish you the best,
sometimes one addict to another is the a lot of help...a lot of doctors have know Idea about the drugs they are giving us...don't you think...I dont think a lot of us would be here if they did...we all can share are experiences that helped us finally break the chains of addiction...

Please tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought that is what we are here for...
talk to you later, Melinda
Wolverine...please take a step back and think about things before you trash the intentions of someone else.  I have been following Robert's posts...and he seems 100% legitimate.   I truly believe he is just trying to help...given his years of experience on the subjects at hand.

I also agree that Dr.'s are best second guessed.  Many of you are here because of the mismanagement of prescriptions that these docs have helped you fill perpetually.  I don't think it is wise to blindly trust Dr. just because they have a title and a plaque on the wall.  My ex-girlfriend kept her mother alive, 5x longer than she would have, if she just took Dr.'s advice.  Her mother had cancer and she got educated...and found, that docs made many mistakes, were quick to make decisions and sometimes did not have her moms best interests in mind.

Of course this is probably the minority...but I think you understand where we are coming from.  Cut this guy a little slack...he seems to be a caring individual looking to help, without any other motives.

Free
I have been on Sub for 5 years and am starting to taper. I believe I am ready and don't fear falling back into my addiction (hydrocodone, I was am a pain pill addict) I know I can do this! I am ready. Can anyone help me with a proper taper? My Dr is only interested only the money. !50 dollars to take 5 minutes to write an RX and another 75 dollars for the urine screen! Not to mention the cost of Sub...! Can't afford this every month and insurance will not cover.
I have just tapered to 4 mg a day. I will start that tomorrow. I need help with a reasonable taper tho..please ? anyone?
thanks...runnermom56
Runnermom...first, awesome choice to get your life back.

May I suggest that you start a new thread with your question.  Sometimes posting to an existing one makes it tough for folks to follow up properly.

Good fighting...keep posting!!
I agree with you ,sometimes one addict to another is a lot of help,and you are right again when you say we can all share our experiences to help each other break the chain of addiction.Thats what they do at NA meetings,share experiences and one addict to another.But they dont talk about adjusting someones medication,or telling them to stop taking it.,which Robert is doing.i am on Suboxone and I have tapered down an
off from 16 mgs without any problems.I would not tell that dude how to do what I did,not everybody handles drugs the same way.He says the Suboxone makes him lethargic and cant pee.I had neither of those effects.He also is constipated,I go like clockwork.There is so much anti Suboxone crap on here by people who were never on it.Calamity 2 up at the top,saidI have never used it but the withdrawal is no picnic.How can she say that if she never used it.So somebody lurking and thinking of going on Suboxone to get off oxys,will be scared off by somebody who never used it.Maybe she was told by somebody that it sucked,that doesnt make it the norm.I had no withdrawal at all,so you cant bunch everybody together,each suboxone user is different.Telling somebody this is how you taper because it worked for him is saying that we all handle the drug the same,Its not true.He has been on it for 5 years at a very high dose,he will react differently coming off it then somebody who has been on the same dose for 6 months.The 5 yr dude is going to feel a lot different and might go into withdrawal,and need to be tapered down slower then 6 month guy.Is Robert going to supervise his tapering and move in with him to be there in case he goes into withdrawal.You should not tell somebody you dont know  or even somebody you do not to take their medication,
or to tell thm how to use it different then prescribed.Robert is not a Dr,so should not  
be playing one on here.telling others what might have worked for him is the way to go for them.Im sure he means well and is only trying to help,but read the guidelines,you are not supposed to discuss or tell anybody how to take their medication.I didnt write it,but agree with it.
I am taking methadone and was taking perocets and vicodin
I had the same problems ,as far as a hard time going to the bathroom and having depression from being on this situation with no fast or easy way out. I was maintaining on methadone for a year and a half at 30-35 mil and was ok then over time it got worse I started to feel out of it and had a hard time using the bathroom.  I think it definatly HAS something to do with the drug!
I find my self needing some help as well
I was on Suboxone for 2 years.  I was going to a Sub Dr. who professed to know what he was doing.  Well long story short he took the classes in order to perscribe Sub and he was awful.  He had me going for so long taking my money monthly.  When I told him I was going CT he recommended that I might need to be on it for ever as maintenance.  This is not the first story of Sub Dr.s out there who have no idea what they are doing that I have heard about.  Perscribing Sub is a very lucrative service.  That being said, I am sure there are some great Dr's out there who perscribe Sub.  But with anything in life let the buyer beware.  Wolverine probably has more knowledge and experience with Sub than many of the Drs out there who perscribe it
Thank you again very much.
To Wolverine819:  you seem a little harsh.  Anything I do, I will talk it over with my doctor.  I'm not stupid and I'm not "crazy".  I came here for some advice from people who share my same experience.  I have talked to many Doctors and I've learned that a lot of the patients out there, know more than the doctors about Suboxone.  It is too new of a drug that doesn't act like most opioids.(I know Buprenorphine is not new, but in the context of treating opioid addicts in the U.S., Suboxone is a relatively new treatment.)  I also have access to a psychiatrist who says it is very smart that I do a lot of research on my medications and get advice from people in similar situations.  

In the last few months, all I've ever wanted to find, was somebody like Robert_325, who has been on the "patient's" side, but also has some experience in helping other people.  I'm not expecting you, Robert_325, to be a doctor but if you can help me with a regimen that will make it as easy as possible to get myself off Suboxone, I don't think any medical professional would be opposed to it.  So I am going to figure out how to add you as a friend, and then we can talk.

Again, Wolverine819, I appreciate it if you're looking out for my best interest, but you come off pretty condescending in how you word things.
I read your post again, and I realized I was a little defensive in my last post.  I apologize if I came off a little harsh.  I understand everything you're saying about Robert_325 not being a doctor.  I just think Suboxone detox is a unique situation where there is no clear-cut method accepted in the medical community.  In this unique situation, I think it is ok to find other people in similar situations who can relay their experience and give advice on how they did it.  Forget all the stuff I said about constipation and urinary retention.  Whether it's related or not, I know it's time for me to start weening off Suboxone and the two doctors I've had, had very different philosphy on the treatment of Suboxone and when and how to get off of it.  Because it is such a scary dilemna, for me, I wanted to find people who have been through or have helped other people get through it successfully.

I believe the reason you are a little upset, is the negative insignuation I gave about Suboxone.  But as I noted, I want to make it very clear:  Suboxone was the best thing that could have happened to me at the time.  The problem is, the doctors I've had did not have any experience in drug addiction, nevermind a new treatment involving Suboxone.  I just hope as time goes by, all doctors get on the same page and work with drug addiction therapists to find a total treatment plan for people recovering from opioid addiction.  The medication is great, but for most people, it can't be the sole treatment for recovery.  Thats where I messed up, due to uninformed doctors.  But now that I'm in this situation, way over my head on a medication with too high of a dose and on it for way too long of a time.  Like you said, coming off Suboxone would be different for somebody who was on it for a few months compared to somebody who has been on it for years.  Locally, it has been hard to find somebody that has been on Suboxone for as long of a period as me and has successfully weened off.  That is why I came here looking for advice.  And from what I've seen, anybody that has seeked help from Robert_325, has had a positive experience.  There are many people who vouch for him.  He sounds like the best resource I could have found.
So, I want you to know that I will hear what Robert_325 has to say, and I will let my doctor know of any plan I make in changing my medication.
Hi Jas,

I was in your shoes back this summer.  I took suboxone for nearly 4 years and I could not taper off of it on my own.  I got down to 2-4mg, but just could not seem to kick it below 2mg without suffering.  I finally checked into some detox options and went through an 8 day detox program.  It was the best thing that I have ever done - I have been 100% clean, including alcohol, for a little over 7 months and have never felt better.  The detox that I did was much better than going CT on my own.  I would be happy to pass on information to you on the detox that I did, just let me know.  Best of luck to you, getting off suboxone can be done, it just take some time and persistence.

I do agree with some of the other comments here on the dose that you are on and I do think that you would feel better, even if you only reduced your dose to 8mg.

I am happy to discuss anything with you that I can share from my own experience.  Take Care,

I guess the guide lines here may restrict you from saying some things I have just personally seen Robert get hundreds of people off subs,so wolv, I will be more careful the what I post on this site...not trying to step on any toes, we all are in this together.
have a great night...
Melinda
I am so happy to hear about someone who was just recently in the same shoes as me.  I will take any info you are willing to give to me.

To everybody else, I really appreciate all the feedback.  If nothing else, I now have hope and that hope is turning into confidence.  

I'm going to listen to Robert_325's tapering schedule, and then when I get below 2 mgs and the withdrawals start, I'll check in to a detox.
I have also personally moderated some pretty active web sites before and I appreciate a moderator's perspective, position and their responsibilities. It's a lot of work to really do it properly understanding liability and all that's involved with a forum like this.  People's lives are at stake.  I also take that responsibility very seriously, just like you do.  Plus I don't want to create a battle here as soon as I arrive.  So WOLVERINE 819.......  please know that I want to get along with you and the others here.  Just please give me a chance before you pre-judge me. I'm really on the same team as you I promise.  No way I want to create any problems EVER.

JAS3 .......  I know that I can't publicly post about the specific doses and such things that I'm talking about as one post I made here to you already was deleted before we ever actually spoke.  And if those are the forum rules then I can live with those regulations. I am a visitor here and I don't establish their policy. I am not one to battle over regulations as a visitor. We will have to adhere to the forum regulations but I'm sure we can have a private conversation..

I will be happy to speak with you in private if that doesn't violate the forum policy. I can't imagine that being a problem.  As I previously mentioned I've only been here a short time so just add me to your friend list and then let me know and contact me. We'll figure something out then that isn't a violation of forum regulations.  God bless.  : )
People come on here everyday asking on how to get off their medication. Just because one's med was sub doesn't mean someone can't answer giving their giving their story. I've seen numerous people coming on here asking how to taper off of the doc. I don't see anything wrong with someone helping out. If you were to reply to every post asking how to taper off of their doc you would have carpal tunnel by now. It is the original posters obligation to contact their doctor to discuss there concerns.  His first post was deleted and he did state he was not a doctor and no matter what advice he gives to be sure to check with your doctor first. I see nothing wrong with that.
I hate that Robert has received such a sour welcome already since he has just joined this wonderful forum. I've seen some pack their bags and leave after getting negative feedback right away. Robert seems like a great asset to us and I'm looking forward to having him around.
So Robert, thanks for being here and please continue to stay. I've been on med help for a tad over 2 years and it is a wonderful place. There is so much support and you will meet some wonderful people. I think you are a wonderful human being for taking all the time you have to educate yourself and by sparing your time to help others without a monetary gain. If we could only find sub doctors that had half your heart or resources maybe it would be used the right way a little more often. I thank you.
Jas3....I wish you the best of luck and can tell that you will get some great advice from Robert. I'm glad your confidence is building. Confidence is a very important part of recovery no matter what we are or were addicted to. I may not be able to help you with your taper but will be here for you for moral support and anything else you need. Never give up. If you are determined enough, which you seem to be, you will reach your goal! Please keep us updated on your recovery.
Hang in there buddy!
Brian
I am not pre judging you.I am going by what I see,that you are helping people get off their meds using a formula that might have worked for you.I dont know what qualifies you as being somebody who is an expert at Suboxone tapering.I think its irresponsible for you to tell somebody to get off their meds that you know nothing about.
Thats the way I feel,its my opinion.
Just like you and your followers think what you are doing is right,I dont think somebody should be playing Dr with people who are in a very vulnerable state and have been prescribed medication and how to take it.
This is an open forum,I am entitled to express my feelings,as are you and your followers
.So somebody coming on here would be scared away from all the negative comments on here about Suboxone when it could be the only thing to save them from the drugs they are on.I just started on it again ,after a relapse, and it is helping me to get myself back on the recovery road.I thought I was okay,didnt need it anymore,but got off it to soon,and back to the oxys.How many people have you gotten off it Robert ,who should have still been on it and went right back to their DOC.
It sounds as if ur suboxone use was managed ppoorly..agree with ga guy...ur dose is high for  5 yrs

sub is a narcotic..it will turn on u like ur DOC did...i was a hydro user and no longer felt "fantastic" anymore..only dpressed and lethargic//isolated as well///no longer felt like socializing..even tho sub is a partial agonisrt///and most narcs are full agonists..it is so frickin strong it makes up for the "partial" part..i was a 100 mg hydro user and 1-2 mgs of sub would send me flying..and is the reason i did not use it to stop hydros..used it when i had no pills..2 weeks or less//mostly less cos i would get pils and save the sub for next time i ran out//cos i knew better to take sub long term...and the last time i bumbed some when i was out of pills..i realized sub had turned on me as well...just felt yucky no matter what..it was time to let go
Goals are important..isur goal to get off all narcotics?  sub has a purpose and can save lives for those who will kill themselves with narcotic use due to buying them, selling them or continous relapses..2 yrs of narcotic use may have coulda been handled better as this is alot less time than many spent using...so now u r at 5 yrs of using in an attempt to Stop using?  and it doesnt sound like u r better off

if u could be agressive with ur sub dr and tell him ur plan "I WANT OFF" perhaps he would listen..or perhaps he is making money off ur suffering like so many sub drs do...or perhaps he is not really educated on this drug..who knows???  But it sounds like u r ready to make a change?  have u doe any type of aftercare during this 5 yrs?  it is usually required when a dr prescribes sub..cos sub will not make u clean//only u can make u clean//and it takes work on urself and ur triggers//support is crucial
if he will not agree to help u taper then get a refill or 2 and do it on ur own..i would say get another sub dr if u can find one who will not rape u financially...and set up a taper..write it out picking a quit day..most peeps have no probs getting down to 4 mgs..when most get down to 2 mgs it can get tough//they go down slwly to slivers..and then even to slivers every other day..it is a strong drug and even a small shaving can make or break u..u may need to have someone dole them out to u to stick to ur taper cos addicts suk at tapers as a rule//but not always cos when u r over it //u r slap over it!  only u know what u need to do,,,but it sounds as if u r still suffering from narcotic use//cos u r using a strong narcotic...and u r ready to move forward..finding a meeting near u is crucial cos it is hard to do this alone..or a good addiction counselor which can cost//meetings r free and they r everywhere//they even have sub user meetings now...andpeeps r acepting sub users as fellow addicts these days..cos u r not alone//there r lots of peeps stuuck on sub and wanting to get off this sticky drug

sorry for the long post..I just hate to see dr's keeping peeps on sub and making money off of them//or just keeping them on it cos they are not educated on the drug even tho they RX it..there is alot of info and personal experiences on sub in the health pages...plus since u will be going thru narcotic wd/all of the info in the health pages can help just as if u were wd-ing from oxy

be safe and keep posting..pm me if u need to
just read ur 2nd post.....btw...even when i took sub for 2 weeks i would have to wait 5 minutes to finally pee!  And yes u can taper off this drug..u could even CT and live thru it but i wouldnt advis that..but narcotic wd doesnt have the risk that benzo ct does..or tram ct does

this is so do-able!  do not ever think this cant be done! nthere are heroin addicts who used for 20 yrs who r now clean!  so much of this is upstairs//positive thinking..if u know u can then u can!  drugs eat away at our self esteem..they make us doubt our decisions..they take away our soul and our mind if we do not watch out   u r still the person u were before the oxy or the sub..that person is still there..just masked by narcotics...dont doubt urself nor ur needs or decisions...once u make a plan there will be a huge relief off ur shoulders...it is within u to stop//the strength to stop..u just gotta reach down insuide and find urself again..and it is very do-able
There is obviously no way to give you an exact answer to that question.  But I've seen too many sub drs have people taking 3-4 times as much sub as it takes to work and these people have ended up addicted worse on the subs than the original opiate.  There is NO excuse for that happening if a dr has any idea what he is doing with subs.  

These drug companies in the US tell the drs to use 16mg or more when buprenorphine has been used successfully in other parts of the world for years in micro doses of less than 4mg.  I have an outstanding record over the last several years with being successful helping people obtain longterm clean time coming off subs. It's worked for 8 years for me and I can name countless people with several years clean using the process I talk about. That is a fact.  

I had close to 10,000 posts on the forum I come from and most of those were sub-related.  My success ratio is outstanding I can promise you that.  I am not a dr and make that plain. I am strictly sharing my experience only.  But sub therapy is something that needs to be done in very small doses for it to be most effective.  That's been a proven fact for years and I am simply promoting what has worked for years.  

Not wanting to argue at all.  I'm simply stating the facts as I've seen them on the forums I've worked on over the last ten years.
Robert you should be very happy with your sucess,but you dont know how many went right back to their DOC,after your process.So what do you do go from forum to forum looking for people to take off their suboxone.Im just trying to understand where you are at.My point is that you are not a Dr,you know nothing of who you are talking to,what frame of mind they are in.How many asked you to help them get off it and lied to you about it and in reality just wanted off so they could get high again.You dont know.
You are messing with peoples meds and thats dangerous.
I was just wondering what you are doing on these forums ??? do yo uown this place or do you want to help people like the rest of us, I dont see why you are attacting people that are trying to help ??? just dont get it ???
I talk to people often that I've worked with on subs.  Several are now on this site, and many others have remained friends. This conversation is accomplishing nothing with you.  No one has to listen to me and NO, I don't go from forum to forum looking for anyone.  You don't even know me or my history. If you did you would know that my record of success speaks for itself.  

You're starting to be very insulting, in fact you are attacking me and I am asking you politely to stop it.  I don't appreciate that.  I came here to share some experience and so far I've had nothing but positives with everyone here but you. In 24 hours you have repeatedly attacked me while not one other person has.  In fact I'm working with three people now on sub tapers since I got here.  

I won't be replying to this thread or you anymore as you just want to fuss with me.  I don't argue with anyone.  It serves no purpose.  It's like you're just trying your best to run someone off for no good reason who may happen to have some real knowledge and experience.  End of conversation ... period.  You really know how to make a person feel welcome here.
There are a lot of stupid doctors out there as well as a lot of crooked doctors. I think you place too much trust on MD status. Opiate withdrawal will not kill you. Alcohol withdrawal could actually kill you. I don't think there is any harm in some weaning advice.
I think you and your girlfriend should read the guidelines
Wolverine.....why have you not ever bashed anyone for giving tapering advice on any other pain meds? There are posts on here all the time for people asking a how to taper or how to get off their meds. When it comes to benzos or tramodol people always say it must be tapered due to certain risks. Robert is not telling the guy to just stop cold turkey. He said he would share his knowledge that he has because he has tapered off of it himself and has helped many start the process. He did say in a original post that he is NOT a doctor and that you SHOULD talk with your doctor first. What is wrong with that? It's not like he's telling this guy he needs to get off it asap. He said he's here to help and will offer what advice he has from personal experience.
The original poster also said he respects your concerns and will go over anything Robert says with his doctor. I also respect your concerns. You mentioned in a earlier post asking something like how many people he had tapered off too soon and they went back to their DOC. This guy said he has been on it for 5 years and it has changed him and he is ready to get off but scared. He has already gained some confidence which can be worth so much in getting and staying off pills. Just because you went back to your DOC doesn't mean he will. I would think after being on it for 5 years I would take that chance. He also said his sub doctor hasn't ever offered any kind of aftercare which any addict knows is a crucial part of recovery. It's not like Robert came on here telling everyone to get off sub. People came here asking for help and advice and Robert so happened to say he has experience in it. You voiced your concern which is great so can't we just let it go? I rarely try and get in to any kind of battle on here as it is not the reasons we came here. You said you didn't like what Robert had to offer, but it seems like many do. You are the only one that has bashed him. Why not bash everyone else that has offered advice? I think if you saw Roberts original post you would see he has plenty of experience on it. In his original post he also said that anything he says should be gone over with your doctor before doing anything. Right there says it all.
Let's just all let it go and get back on track. Let's not hold any grudges. I think everyone here has some great advice to offer including you. All the original poster is doing is getting knowledge from others which one of his doctors said to do and relaying it to his sub doctor. He made that clear. With him saying that it should put your mind at ease. I understand your concerns which is great considering we don't really know each other. It just goes to show that you care as does Robert. I think you'd be surprised if you got to know Robert. He may benefit you in your recovery and vice versa.
Can we please get back on track on all of this? No hard feelings Wolverine. I do understand your concerns and I think you are just looking out for his best interests. I just think the more knowledge one can learn, the better. That is as long as they go over it with their doctor which Robert told him to do and the poster said he would do.
Best of luck to everyone in their recovery.
Lets get back to the subject at hand here and stop the bickering.  Take what you want from the posts and leave the rest or the thread will be taken down.......sara
I apologize for anything I said. I know Wolverine is just looking out for the original poster's best interest and I respect that. I normally don't post anything negative towards any poster and shouldn't have here. We are all here for the same reasons and that's to help one another no matter what our opinion. So to anyone I offended, I am sorry.
Brian
debating is fine and we all want what is best for the members WE ARE NOT DOCTORS We should not be giving other members treatment plans that is for there doctors to do. We have no medical history here.I sure am not a doctor .I would hate to see anyone get hurt unintentionally from giving out info.
I guess I'm just confused with the guidelines. People give tapering info on other meds all the time and nothing seems to get said. Why should sub be any different if someone comes on here asking for info even if they say they plan on going over it with their doctor first? Not trying to start anything, just confused.
I guess I should rephrase. I can understand the guidelines for dosing information but what about someone who wants to drop their dose? I know it should be discussed with their doctor but what is wrong with asking for advice so they can go in to their doctor's appointment loaded with information from people who have been there? I feel there is a big difference in someone coming on here asking how to take a medicine compared to someone coming on here asking how to taper a medicine. Just my opinion but confused about the guidelines.
No offense taken,I hope Robert reads Avisgs Comment because that was my point all along.
When people come on here asking how to taper off meds,they are told to ask their Dr.Yes people come here loking for help,I did too.Its help they need with their addiction ,about facing withdrawal,about aftercare,how to handle withdrawal,what can they take to help it go smoother.IThey come to ask help because a loved one is using drugs,how to handle that.They ask about Detox and rehabs.
Yes there are posts here all the time about people asking about help to get off their meds and they are told that there is no help with that here,we are not Doctors as avisg,as said.
I understand that but I have seen so many posts with people saying it's okay to go cold turkey and nothing is said. I've seen people who have been a part of this forum for a long time giving this advice. It just seems that people put sub in a whole different category. It may be a whole different category but I've seen people say you can ct off sub even though it will be very difficult. It can just be confusing.
My wife is doctor(pain management...crazy isn't it) and I don't think Robert did anything wrong!
I was reading thru the posts..seems as if JAS got alot of response...I see the point most r making here...in reality a person should turn to their sub dr for help...being a nurse and working with drs..i also know they r not always right..and here there r good sub drs and bad ones...some shady dudes with small practices pushing the stuff abd not making it a rule they receive aftercare..A good sub dr has a program and needs prrof u r going,,,a good dr listens to u and helps u taper if that is ur goal...it is not up to another person//not even an almighty dr to deem that u need to stay on sub for life if u do not want to!
I also agree that the dr is the first place to seek help...but sharing our experiences with each other is also cool..someone who has been thru it before..I have helped many taper off of oxy or hydro..I dont "tell" them how to do it..I let them know how I did it//course for me it didnt work cos i cheated but if i knew what i knew now//perhaps i could taper successfully..not all are good at tapering when their ticket to feeling better is within reach...some are..it is a choice...I have found that those who taper and refuse to pick a QUIT day usually do not make it.....a well planned taper, written out day by day..using info from others but individualizing it for the person as we r all different...It would be great if every dr kknew how to taper someone off of meds//but they dont//cos they r not addicts..some do cos they made it their business to learn about addiction//most do not and have no clue how to get someone off the drugs they RX-ed to them...if they read up they could learn quickly..but it not a priority for all MDs to spend the time researching addiction...and just cos a dr prescribes sub,,does not necessarily mean he knows squat about it..an 8 hour course that can be done online is all they require and the Suboxone company sponsors the training...it is taming down but sub is expensive and the company who sells it wants peeps to take tons cos it is a multi-million doolar drug for them until it becomes a generic...so they teach the MDs to over prescribe..unless the dr takes it upon himself to learn about it/sub/then this is all he knows
I contemplated going on sub for recovery....went to a sub doctor here who was a rip off and I never went back even tho I paid him up front//he wanted to put me on 16 mgs....I could tell he was in it for the money and not to help peeps....I then went to a notable pain mgt dr whom i still see but he also RXs sub..he knows his drugs..after my first visit he suggested alternative ways to manage my pain with safe meds..he said as a 100 mg hydro user that he just didnt think it was the answer for me.  Just an example of 2 different sub drs//and I thank my pain dr for saving me from a he11 worse than my 100 mg hydro habit i had then..he is a wonderful person

It states here that there is no medical  advice...but sharing experiences is really not the same thing to me...we gotta do what we gotta do..and those who r willing to stick around and post, pm, etc to help people here can become thin at times cos so many come and go so fast....reaching out to help a fellow addict is so caring..cos most dont understand his/her predicament..hence making the forum a wonderful place to be
Band D ,
Where is it stated that we cant recommend cold turkey ? Now you have me confused
This is not the place for personal attacks.  That is all i was saying.  This forum is about recovery and support.          sara
What's the difference in giving someone advice to go cold turkey or giving them advice on tapering? You would think telling someone to go ct could cause more harm. Maybe these guidelines need to be reevaluated. Now I am very confused!
Not that the guidelines need to be reevaluated but isn't telling someone to go ct pretty much giving dosing advice or considered a treatment plan?
yes your suboxone dosage is too high.. i used subs for about 1 month and got off it on my own. u have to be strong will and if u really want to be off any pill.. u need to want it. i was on opiates for 4 yrs .. and only us the subs for one month and it helped.. now am clean.. just got to want it for urself.
Do you consider anyone who doesnt agree with you do as a personal attack?I never attacked you or your girlfriend personally and resent the fact you say I did.I dont think what you are doing is right by going to forums looking for suboxone patients to taper off their meds using what you call a process you invented.
You are not a Dr and shouldnt me messing with other peoples medication.thats what I feel and thats all I have been saying,so wheres the attacks,and what doesnt Melinda get about that.
If you think I am the only one who feels this way read what avisg,who is a community reader wrote as a comment
This whole thread is confusing but I think the difference is this: If you tell someone that in your experience tapering was a good option and how tapering worked for you that's one thing. When you say I have a specific way to taper exactly and my plan worked for hundreds of people, you are veering into dangerous territory. You are giving someone what might be false expectations number 1, and you are handing out a medical plan. I am the first to say some doctor's know nothing about suboxone but the guildelines say you cannot give medical advice and giving a specific taper plan you invented is medical advice. Saying cold turkey is a good way is not the same as it is much more general and broad.,
linda is correct .....
That does help me understand things a little clearer. I didn't mean for me to veer this thread off task. It just didn't make much sense to me that someone can say it's okay to go ct or to offer tapering advice. I can see your point exactly with the way your worded it.
Thanks!
Linda put it perfectly
Dude you dont even knoe robert and neither do I! But all he is trying to do is give advice so go get alife and talk about something ya know! I have never heard of anyone who hasnt had some kind of withdrawak=l from suboxone. Go on every internet site and it will show you so go to another site cause obviosly know one wants your opinions you know NOTHING about GOODBYE!
I have gotten off suboxone with no withdrawal effects whatsoever,so you now know someone who has done it.
Being on Suboxone  allows me to know about it and what it does so yes i do know what I am talking about.
You on the other hand are ignorant to anything about it but what you read.You read that somebody had a bad withdrawal so you automatically lump everybody on Sub into having bad withdrawals.
You are scaring people off of even trying Suboxone when you know nothing about it,commenting on something you have never tried is irresponsible when it comes to a persons well being.So maybe you better get a life and do some more reading so you know how to spell withdrawal
In 4 years I don't think I have ever seen a thread like this and I think I have read enough. Wolverine, while I can understand what you are saying, you have been contradicting yourself this entire thread. You say that Chrissy is scaring people into not taking sub, while you are glorifying it by telling people you suffered no withdrawal.

You are right in saying we are all different. No two addicts will experience the same w.d. Many factors go into it. However, you are extremely defensive and there are much better ways to get your point across. You do come off as though you are attacking people.

Avis is correct about us not being drs. As you stated above "That was all I was trying to say". Why didn't you just say that then? Instead you went on a rant to make someone feel bad. Leave the rules and regulations of the forum to be enforced by the Mods. They have been doing a great job in my time here. You are no more a moderator then Robert is a dr. So rather then beat someone down who is only trying to help. Report your concern, instead of embarrassing him in front of everyone. I've watched you belittle everyone in this thread who didn't agree with you. I have been given the same taper by multiple drs and people who have quit using. What one person does after they are physically off pills is up to them. Not robert, not even a dr.  
A Dr. can help someone with a taper and get them clean, but that Dr isn't going to hold an addicts hand and make him go to meetings and keep up with aftercare. That is on the Addict.

I am sorry Avis or Sarah. I know I hijacked this thread, I just couldn't read this person continuously rip into these people. New and old. Its not how we do things here.
a lot to read so I skimmed. I think the original poster has realistic fears and a healthy desire to get of this drug. Sub and methadone take longer to get off that reg opiates and these so called  "addiction specialists' are great at putting people on these addictive drugs that can help, but then they are cluesless about how to get people off them.
I had a problem with my computer so I'll continue here briefly. These patients are given these mainteniece or  "harm reduction' drugs on an open ended basis, as long as they want and as much as they want while they (the sub docs), collect fees. These drugs can help people and some people can't really get off of them after so many years. The problem with these sub docs and clinic docs is that they just want the patient not to complain and don't really care or know the long term implications of taking sub. About wolverine not having any withdrawlas, I seen it happen with some methadone people (2) out of hundreds. It happens but it is rare that someone doesn't have WD's for these addictive agents. all the best
telling people that I had no problems with withdrawal from suboxone,is wrong for me to say according to you.I am glorifying it according to you.That has to be the stupidest comment i have ever heard on here.
I said that in response to Chrissys false statement that there has never been anyone who withdrew from Suboxone without any problems.
There are so many negative comments about Suboxone on here by people who have never been on it but go by what they read,and tell people its worse then the drug you were on.I do not believe that and as someone who detoed from oxy and roxis using Suboxone,I have a right to say that i had no problems with it and it helped me get my life back. thats not glorifying it just making a statement of fact.
I didnt rip into anybody,just asked somebody to follow the guidelines and not tell somebody how to take their medication,didnt know thats not how you do things here
I  will consult with you next time I am attacked and see how to handle it according to your bylaws
THANKS
I'm not going to sit here an argue with you. You don't need to consult me as I am not a moderator either. However, I have been here long enough to know the rules and you did the same thing Robert did , yet you called him out on it. You did, and do,  have a point as far as the sub thing goes. There are many sub bashers here, but there are also many who swear by it. I too was on massive amounts of oxy's. About 10-15 80's a day. For a long time. I too did a sub treatment. I don't ever preach what I have not experienced myself nor do I force my opinions on anyone if I haven't gone through it. Not that I am saying you did that. I just think you were a little harsh, that's all. Make your point in a calm and rational manner. There was a much better way of handling that situation. If Robert was wrong and violated a forum rule, the mods would immediately delete the post/thread and he would be notified and warned. That's it.

And feel free to contact me if you are ever being attacked, I will put them in check too. We want our members to stay, not be run off by people who are being mean and opinionated.
I see no harm in Robert offering to help someone,  it's what we all want to do,  offer  advice for someone to take-or-leave,  if someone has the witts enough to know how to log-on to a forum,  they aught to be smart enough to know whether or not to take anothers' advice.  Sub withdrawl (withdrawal) is not life threatening unless a person has underlying medical conditions.  I think most of us know what we can or can not do.  

It is unfair to be rude to someone who is offering their support or advice,  none of us could post what has or has not helped us,  if offering support or advice were wrong then we could also say the same with the Health Pages  Nobody has to take anybody's support or advice.  

Ella  
I could see Wolverines point if we were all brainless dullards. However, as a thinking inquizitive person, I would be most interested in his taper regimin to compare with my own and analyze. His method may have stregnths my current regimen does not. I , for one, am sad that his posting was censored. After all, I come here for help! If he was saying " Take your prescriptions as I say! Not your doc!" Then there would be a problem. A big one. But I think he was just trying to share some experiences, successful ones at that! AnD I would be most interested in hearing about them! I am capable of hearing a non-professional opinion and integrating its stregnths and filtering out its weaknesses. I would NEVER do anything to my body just because I read it on the interweb once. I think most people are like me in this regard. I understand you are trying to protect people, but maybe this was a tiny teeny bit too much.
This is the post that pushed Robert 325 away from this site. He is THE BEST in helping people get off sub and was attacted by people when he came here to try to help. Good going guys.
I have been a long term patient on suboxone. After 4 years of sleepless nights, and feelings like complete crap every morning, My skin started to burn from just luke warm water... Obvious side effects of long term Narcan in the suboxone.. I told my doctor about this problem and switched over to subutex!  It changed my symptoms with the burning skin, but I still am having the chills! This all may be because I weened myself down a different type of way, being that my doctor before this one also just cared about the money and urine tests!  This current doctor seems to care a little more, but I obviously cant tell him I brought myself down to 1 a day from two and have been taking it all in the morning!  
   I am at the same point as you have been! Tired of living my life around the suboxone.. Its to the point I feel like absolute crap each day and have severe aches as well.  Here is the problem.. Suboxone is not meant to be long term EVER!  It was designed to be a  few weeks to a few months MAX depending on the person, in order for that person to rebuild a foundation in their life!  But just as methadone did before it, its now treated as a substitute in the medical profession.. doctors prescribing it care more about money then patients, hense why your last doctor stopped being able to prescribe it, he was obviously abusing that right to prescribe by selling prescriptions illegally or over prescribing to his money patients as each doctor has to have a certain number of cash money patients and a certain number of insurance patients....
    The way to go about this is BALLS TO THE WALLS!  Make it happen... When you decided you were sick of this oxy habit and I finally decided I was done with my heroin habit, in order to quit and give clean urines I had to get rid of all the friends I was using with, the dealers numbers, and GO FOR IT ALL OUT!   The way you must do it is DONT BE SCARED OF THE WITHDRAWAL!  If you quit cold turkey you would be done in two weeks of withdrawals.. If you decided to taper off do it right, quarter of a pill a week. If one time going down you feel a little worse than the time before that when you brought yourself down a quarter, then take an extra week on that level for your body to adjust...
    I have hep C and am not quite sure what thats affecting as far as the feelings of withdrawal, chills, fever feelings, leg cramps etc.. Subutex helps a little with the constipation, but even that still *****...  I wish we werent  mislead to believe that because we were on suboxone our lives would get better and we dont have to think about the getting off part, but this simply is the case for everyone I know!  There are maybe 6 or 7 in 200 people that I know that were able to come off the suboxone and stay clean and they all were tapered off the suboxone within 4 months!
   Just remember, keep your head up and stay strong... No matter what the symptoms DO NOT resort back to your junkie state!  That wont solve anything EVER!  I am responding to this post very late, so I am not sure if you were able to conquer this task already, if so great, if not I will give feedback with you back and forth, and work together to find a proper taper for ourselves!... I am not the best with comps, but I will try to save this page so I can check it...~ Chris
I'veo  been on 24 mgs of Suboxone for 5 months. It's true that it helped me with Opiate withdrawals but now, here it is  waiting for me again. I cut my dose by one quarter (one dose only) and I can't wait to get down to even 8! The goal being off. I don't see many on on this site taking this large a dose and wish I had tapered earlier but acceptance is the key they say. I am wondering about a faster detox with detox meds? Kat
I READ YALLS COMMENTS SOME GOOD AND BAD. I WANTED TO SHARE MY STORY BUT UNFORTUNATLY I AT TEXAS CHILDREN HOSPITAL WITH MY 13 YR OLD SON. IM ON HIS LAPTOP AND THIS IS THE THIRD TIME ME WRITING MY STORY AND LOST IT. I THOUGHT I HAD REAL PROPLEMS. NINE DAYS AGO DOCTERS TOLD ME MY SON HAD STAGE 4B LYMPHOMA,HODGKINS  DISEASE.I HAVE BEEN ON ALL TYPES DRUGS BUT UNTIL PAINPILLS NOTHING HAS CONTROLED MY LIFE WITH THE PHSYICAL WITHDRAWALS BECAUSE I WOULD ALWAYS EAT MORE THAN I SUPOSED TOO.NO PILLS NO WORK FOR ME.I WAS A SUCESSFUL CONTRACTOR BEFORE PILLS.I HAD SURGERY WITH A PLATE AND PINS IN MY WRIST. MY BACK HAS BULGING DISC AND SPINAL CORD NEEDS REALINMENT.THE PAIN WAS WROST COMING OFF THE PILLS.WITH THE HELP OF SUBOXONES I WAS ABLE TO GET OFF PAIN PILLS.IN 2006 I OVERDOSE, HAD A HEART ATTACK AND IN COMA FOR 2 DAYS.DOCTORS SAID I MUST QUIT BUT I COULD NOT UNTIL NOW.YES YOU MUST WEANED DOWN SLOWLY AND EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT. SO WHAT WORKED FOR ME MAY NOT WORK FOR SOMEONE ELSE.I HAD TO REALLY WANT TO QUIT. YOU GET TO WHERE YOU FORGET TO TAKE IT ONE DAY AND NO BIG DILL.THEN YOU ARE CLOSE TO QUIT WITH LEAST WD AS POSSIBLE.MYSELF I FACED DEATH A MANY OF TIMES AND I THANK MY CREATOR GOD AND JESUS FOR DYING FOR ME. HE DOES NOT GIVE YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE.  SO THATS MY SECRET. I WISH GOD WOULD BE MENTION MORE IN COMMENTS FOR HELP.HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH AND HOW TO HELP YOU.YOU JUST NEED TO REALLY,REALLY BELEIVE AND HAVE FAITH IN HIM.HE MADE THE EARTH AND YOU IN HIS IMAGE THE POWER AVAILBLE THERE.THINK HOW YOU HAVE ABUSED YOUR BODY AND TO THINK  YOU COULD NOT HAVE TO PAY WITH SOME DISCOMFORT  TO  GET BACK THE PERSON YOU ONCE WHERE, ITS A SMALL PRIZE TO IF YOU ASK ME.I HOPE THIS HELPED SOMEONE ITS NOT EASY BUT HOO SAID LIFE WOULD BE WITHOUT WORK.GOOD LUCK  REMEMBER EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A BIGGER PLAN WE CANNOT UNDERSTAND JUST YET.                                                                          
Need some help and advice!! I have been on Suboxone for 2 months now. (2mg 4Xa day) after reading so much I am scared to death when i am going to have to start weening off of this medicine. HELP!!
im only 19 ive been doin opiets for about a year now but have been on suboxin for about 5 months and can only go about a day and a half without it until my legs start getting this crazy feeling and i just feel like **** and dont want to associate with anyone, but when the withdraw starts i usually take the smallest peice possible and wait to see if the withdraw goes away and then i take another tiny peice if it doesnt subside, but i used to snort about half the pill and now all i do is cut a tiny peice off the corner and let it dissolve under my tonge until i feel the crazy pain in my legs subside, am i going about this the right way or what im too young for this and i need to stop
Hi My name is Jojo i been Using Opiates the past two years ago, i decided to get off, witch i failed the first couple times this time. i tryed a new aproch, witch was using subling Film 8.mg Subs i bout three of them, i cut them into very small pieces. been on them for four days, and i was planing on getting off them i got lil 1 mg pieces left, to last maybe a week or so, and was woundering when i taper of them so soon, since i havent been on them for not even two weeks, will i have these nightmare,insane crazy W/D everyone has been talking about having, but everyone i talk to has been using em for mounths are years and having DTs when coming off, will i since i havent been using for long? please Help me i really want to get my life back together pill ruined it and determand to start a new life your advice will be much thx.
I have been on 1mg or less of suboxone everyday for 5 years.Used it some for pain and some for herion withdrawls. I was perscribed clonidine for withdrawls. I stopped taking suboxone 3 wks ago and still going through withdrawls and even though the withdrawls arent severe I go through them everyday with no sign of it letting up anytime soon. The clonidine helps but u all need to taper down SLOWLY and dont believe the Drs when they say there is no harm in staying on them for a prolonged periods of time. Get off them as soon as you can. They are not a mirecal drug, My husband got to where 2mg didnt work anymore and he asked the Dr to up his dose and the Dr said no. He was desperate for help and ended up overdosing on herion. I lost him Feb 21st 2011
I would really like to talk to you about the method you use to help people get off subs.  My son has been on this medication for 2.5 years and he is beginning to think about tapering off (very slowly).  I am scared to death that he may relapse, Some doctors believe that almost everyone does. I would love to see him drug free or on a lower dose, but I am concerned.
Sorry but robert was run off by the idiots above that attracted him. The kings and queens of this site drove him away because they think they are always right
Hey tkm, you've made a common mistake many new people make (including me) as to not noting the date of a thread you just asked your question in.

This particular one is a couple years old..

My suggestion is you "post a question" on the main page for feedback from those familar with what your dealing with...My understanding concerning suboxone is that it is suppose to be tapered under doctor supervision to reach the ultimate goal..Please post the question in a thread created by you which will get noticed immediately by those that can advise you as to the proper way to approach this...Dav
I  need ur help
Hi Roger, I would like ur help tapering.  Ali
NEEED helpl weening myself off subs. PLEASE cant do this anymore, drugs suck.
Please help me! I want to taper off the right way! call me 484-685-6435 or email me ***@****
I am trying to come off suboxone now, and have been dreading the wd's.  Any ideas of how to make it easier?  I have only been taking about half a day for the last year.  Any advice you could give will be appriciated.  Thank you, Buster
what's the tappering process i'm doing 2mg in morning about 2mg in evening. And i can feel comfortable.
How low of a dose should I get ready to jump off.
this is an old thread!  Post a new one so others will see your need and you won't be missed.  Go up to the top and click on the ask a question button and repost this by copying and pasting!  You will get help, it is  a good group!
I need help getting off suboxone
Please call me about tapering off suboxone. I only have two 8mg strips left & no money for a doctors visit. I would appreciate it if I didn't get any prank calls. But I am open to anyone calling me with advice on getting off this. 864-907-2336 Thanks, Jennifer.
this is an old thread, if you click on the post a question symbol you will start your own thread. People will come on and help you.
to the comment to JAS3 made on jan 14 2010. That doctor is full of it because if i take more thann normal it is very hard to pee and i have to push and strain so hard to get it to come out. Once i get started though im usally pretty good to go but still have to push hard while im peeing. And i have been on suboxine twice now the first time i quite cold turkey and it was hell on earth and it took 7 days before i even felt half way normal. And for some strange reason i started it up again. I was never addicted to pain killers. i only took suboxine so it would give me energy. I had no idea that it would be addicting to get off o them. It was literally the hardest thing i had to do. I got real bad panic attacks and i would be very cold one min and hot the next. I feel bad for any one that that has to quite just because its so hard. but is the best thing to do because its like you can be on it for the rest of your life.
I am a father of 3, husband and son. I love my family more than life itself. I was a heavy opiate user for 14 years, in fact when i started seeing my sub dr he had no idea why i was still alive. Thats how many opiates i was taking. Im currently taking like 2.5 mg of sub every morning. All i think about is what if i could wake up and this nightmare was over and i was all better. I am PETRIFIED of w/d just like a kid whos afraid of freddy krueger.I have been through the wringer with w/d. Feel free to email me any suggestions or plans you could help me with on getting off the subs. i want myself back. Scary part is, i cant remember who or what myself is or feels like. ***@****.... PLEASE RESPOND
HI, this is Marie.  I am not sure if many people look at this old post.  Please copy your note and paste in in a new thread to get advice from lots of people.  I am on 12 mg of Sub a day, and have started hurting before doses.  I am not sure if my body is already addicted.  I think it is.  I have to face the same thing you do.  So the anxiety is really bad going down from 2 mg??? Have you considered having a doctor supervise you with a Ativan, but very close supervision so you don't get addicted??  It sounds like you are so scared.  I just want to give you comfort in such a hard period.  I just detoxed from Opana ER, a very strong drug.  I wasn't prepared for round 2, but here we are.  I am trying to NOT get down about it, because it just makes me want more subs.
Marie
I am currently trying to ween myself off of suboxne and am need of some serious support and a plan on how to do it, I really don't have a lot of information on how to do so and am looking for any one who would like to help, thanks.
Please help me. I've been on Suboxone for a year and a half now, this being my third time on Suboxone, and I was accepted into a residential treatment center which I really need to go to, but before I can go there I have to be completely detoxed. I'm on a waiting list for the treatment center so it could be any day now that they tell me to come in. I was on 8mgs and I have weaned down to 4mgs and it's starting to get extremely hard for me. I want this so bad but it is just so hard. I was thinking about going inpatient for detox which is only 5 days and that's not long enough. I would greatly appreciate any advice or feedback.

Thanks,
Kelly
***@****
The rehab doesn't want you on sub?  I would think they'd encourage that.  
The best thing is to just taper as much as you can.
I started on 24mg 4 years ago and stopped 9 days ago.  My last dose was about .25mg.  Tapering from sub is a long process but when done the WD are not as intense.  I still am having some WD but not much.
Hello all, i have been on suboxone for like 7yrs, most of the time on 12mg a day but recently have tapered to 4mg, and now I'm down to about 2mg. I have always been scared of the wd so never really planned a time to jump off, bur recently my brother ran out at a time when his dr wasn't available and i was out of town so he had no option but to go cold turkey. He was at about 6mg a day and when he realized he had to.quit he had one pill left and took 4mg, next day 2mg then 1mg next day then none. He said the first 3 days werent bad, the 4th through 7th days were rough but he still got it and didnt miss work. Then on day 8 he began feeling better and now on day 14 he says all withdrawl (withdrawal) is gone. This is very encouraging to me cause i always thought it woukd.take.much longer and be much worse. He said at worst the withal from suboxone isnt near as bad as from hydrocodone. Im gonna try very soon. Good luck everyone it can be done, two weeks isn't anything in the big picture.
I need help. I want to come off my dose of 8mg a day because I went though the withdrawal before and I wanted to kill myself the pain was so bad. How do I do it? Cut my strips in half, wait a month, then cut those in half and so on?
How do I speak with you privately?
hey JAS3 i have the same problem u have but there are times i can go out and do things but most times in my life i just stay home all day long and not socialize with nobody i also lost contact with friends i live with my family but i don't really include myself in conversations with everybody i normally isolate myself from everybody and I've been on 24 mgs of suboxone for 3 yrs now and i to at one point was ready to start the weening process of suboxone but my psychiatrist told me that it wouldn't be such a great idea cause she was still experimenting on medications for me and it might interfere with how i react to the medications she's trying on me and she won't be able to tell if the meds she's prescribing me are working.Now I'm on the right meds and i just haven't felt ready to start weening off the suboxone i actually feel some days i need to take an extra suboxone. But i do have a question for u if u can answer for me? But can my suboxone doctor make me start the weening process for suboxone even though i say I'm not ready? Or the doctor has to wait for me to say I'm ready? Cause thats one main thing I'm so worried about happening.I was told by friends and family that the doctor has to wait till I say I'm ready.Is that true?
Ok, here its goes.. I've been on subs for 5 years... Im on the highest dose I have ever been on recently..24mg. I know it's a lot... 8mg three times a day. Sometimes I only take two though. Anywas.. Im more ready than ever to get off of it. Its affecting my relationship, jobs, my personality..everything!! Im ready to quit cold turkey. My boyfriend if 5 years also is kind of fed up with me and my medication crap too which I can't blame him. I envey anyone who can wake up in the morning and be normal!! And not rely on anything but maybe some coffee or glass of pop :-/ but anyways I just know that it's been a very long time of me my "normal" self. Any suggestions? Im litteraly just gunna come off it at the dose im at and say screw it..ive detoxed before but from oxys n vics!
If your mind is made up to jump from 24mg all I can say is good luck. I think you'll have a much easier time of it if you taper down to a lower dose before you make the jump.

If you confide in your bf that you're serious about getting off but jumping from that high of a dose will not be as easy as if you lower your dose first I don't see why he wouldn't accept that. It should make the whole experience easier on him too. :P

This is an old thread. Why don't you make one of your own if you're planning on letting us know how it's going...

In any event, good luck.
Ok, I think I will make my own thread...thank you. And as far as my bf goes and the tappering... He is not having it. The way he thinks is I've had 5 years to do so. He don't truley understand how hard it is since he has never had to go thru it. But he has helped me a lot.. Saved my life actually. But im going to start a new post and thank you for replying.. I don't feel so alone. :-)
Hi, I am in need of assistance in weening off subs. I have been prescribed 24mgs per day for 2 years but have only  taken at the most 8mg's per day. I shot heroin for 6 years and prior to that was originally addicted to tabs, morphine, oxy's, and any other item that would fix me being sick. I have attempted to go down 1mg every 2 weeks and then when down low enough begin skipping days. My sub doc just looks at me and says that if I want to get off them to skip days. He has no clue. Do you have any real suggestions as I am ready to have no more crutches???? Thanks robert_325~~~!!!!
hey kim, you posted on an old thread. Click on Post a Question and try to start your own thread. You will get more response and are less likely to get lost in the shuffle. In the mean time, I'm a little confused by your post. Is this right? You have tapered down to 1mg and are now skipping days. Usually people taper down lower before skipping days, but I'm just trying to get your situation straight. Read the suboxone/subutex FAQs at the bottom right of this page and take a deep breath. We would love to help you, try to give us specifics on your new post. How long have you been on 8(?)mg and how have you tapered so far? What is your stable dose now, if you have one? I look forward to getting to know you. Give us more info please. good luck
please give me info
My cousin is ready to get off it and wants to know how

Thank you

Robyn
I am on subs and have tapered from very high amounts to low amounts if anyone needs any help pls ask away or message me and I would be glad to help!
robeert, I've been going back and forth from oxy to subs and now am on subs only. I've tried taking smaller and smaller doses but the pain always comes back. What's the trick??  if you think you can help please do because  I ******* HATE THIS **** and if I didn't have 2 back surgeries then I wouldn't even be in this boat to begin with!!! I want to be DONE so I can be there for my daughter since I'm all she has!!!! I thought abot rehab but they just use the same crap AND I CANNOT go somewhere for weeks at a time. Please.

I need help to get off these damn subs!!!!!! I'm a single father and I am SICK AND TIRED of being dependant on ANYTHING but STEAK!!! How did you do it and did it hurt bad????? I want to be able to live my life and go do whatever I want with my daughter without having to make sure that I packed my subs so that I can do it!! Please help!!! Rehab is out of the question, I cannot be gone for weeks at a time because my daughter has no one else but me and I want to do everything in my power to ensure that I'm hear & healthy for her for YEARS to come!!! I have future boyfriends to beat up and I'm SICK AND TIRED of being dependant on ANYTHING except my little girl and once again steak  :-) !!!! Please help me, Thanks!!!!!
hi john! you need to start a new thread this one is old, weaver is the best about info on suboxone, it can be done and you can do it because i did it, it was rough but looking back i will never want to go through it again, the anxiety and lack of sleep and the 1.5 life suboxone has, trust me listen to weaver and stick to it before you know it you will be clean, you will relize how suboxone gets you high when off of it, and man the fredom you feel the cloud will lift, it is awesome being clean drug free, looking back it was like i was a bird in a cage, and was set free, if you need someone to talk to mess me anytime, we are here for you, just do a long taper and thank god for each breath we take, all the best to you! god bless!!
Hi Robert i've been on subs for 2 years. I only take 2 1/2mg a day half in morning half mid afternoon and one early evening. I'm sick of it. I was taking vicodin for two years(which I will never go back to) and heard about Suboxone, so i went to a DR. and he started giving them to me it was great at first because I said wow this was easy but now it's just a substitution. I can't sleep can't go to the bathroom properly and sex drive is terrible. I 've heard so many different stories. Just trying to get an opinion. Thanks
One word-Ibogaine. I took my son to a clinic in Canada that was affiliated with a hospital to watch him. They have since closed. I held his head for 3 days and we stayed in a hotel room for 6 more days afterward. He has been clean from opiates, alcohol and nicotine ever since. He had been on sub for 2 years and working the AA program. We treated his sub addiction just as seriously as his heroin/oxy addiction. GLTU.
Hi my name is adam and i buy suboxen from a friend im trying to stop but the withdrawls are bad for me I took a quarter today and want to stop what should I do I dont want to buy or do them any more I hav no insurance just cash plzz help
what would u suuggest about tapering i been on subs 4 5mn or so taking about 10mg a day. I just tierd of reaching for something everyday just want to be completly free. Its so mental
if you have nothing nice to say then dont say anything you are making alot of ppl upset and the ppl that come on here are just looking for words of advice and encouragement im sure ppl know he isnt a dr and yes of coarse you should always go to your dr first on things but this is a forum and if you dont have an addiction or any way of helping ppl with advise i suggest you stay off i was going to join the forum and share my story but wont now cause of ppl like you
I would also like to get off of suboxone. Should I start by going to a week long detox or should I just taper off? Can you help me? My email is ***@****.  
Hey there bob, you posted on a thread from 2010, click on post a question at the top of the page, you'll get a lot more support and advice. Most people taper slowly down to .5 or .25mgs. You can't really detox in a week from suboxone, it has long half life and really lingers. Start a new post and let us know how much and long you've been on suboxone. Looking forward to getting to know you.
please robert_325 im on 16 mlg of sub, and im into my 2nd week of taking it. And hearing all these horror stories i want to start getting off of of it. please can you send me an email at ***@**** on how i should taper off thank you soo much!
Robert 325 i need your help! getting of suboxone, I've winged off suboxone twice  before on about 1mg of suboxone, I took the suboxone for about 2 year the withdrawal was painful the first time due to having to kick at a restoration christian program, the seconed time I was on suboxone for another year and i winged off very slow tappering 1/3 every 2 weeks and it went smooth. now I've been on suboxone for about 3 years on a crumb and thought it would be easy getting off this time around, but it has not at all, sometimes all have paws on the subs at night out of nowhere, and i urinate  allot, anyway I want to defeat this demon drug and I'm having mental warfare  big time. I'm a heathy eater and take lots of superfoods for energy and over all health but my insomnia is horrible still due to the suboxone, I believe in plant based medicine and holistic healing, but it just seems impossible to get of subs even taking a little crumb. Due to the long term use I've learned it is a completely different battle, please what is the remedy for this?
Please star your own thread...this one is old and won't get the attention you're looking for.
hey robert, can you help me taper off the subs, i been using them for only 3 months so i think i have hope to get off.  i am terrified by what i am reading about this drug online
i would love to no how to taper robert. how do i contact u?
then tell me best way to do it please
Get off ur high horse wolverine and find a forum for people that "always have to have the last word" conditions! People come here for personal experience dialog! Wether it's credible structured directions is up to the reader and their Dr's to decide! If ur that dumb to think we take everything we read on here as gospel then you're opinions should be reverted to infomercial junkies! Please leave this forum and your one last word, one last time and be gone...
Thx!
I have been addicted to suboxone for maybe yrs...I'm scared to death, I need to get off. It is ruining my life, I feel like I am the walking dead. I've tried over and over again to ween myself off. I can't. So I am now trying to do it cold turkey, and I know it's possible. How do I get the motivation to stick with this?? I am 36 years old and tired of sleeping through my life. Can you help?   jen colotti 1977 at g mail . com
RYobert, I think that your information is quite useful and helpful. I don't undersand why everyone is putting you down, you are just trying to help people. They can either follow or ask you for advice or just keep their mouths shut and just scroll down below your comments, nobody has put a gun to their head and made them listen to you. I thank God for people like you that are trying to help those of us who are trying to gett off of Subs.. You clearly state that you are not a doctor, so I don't know why anyone has a problem with you trying to help, I need help and would gladly accept any advice you have for me to get off of these strips from hell. I am down to taking a 1/4 in the morning and then another at late evening, any suggestions that you might have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and God bless you!
I would love some help too. I've been on Suboxone for 8 years!!  Every time I try to quit, the withdrawls are too rough I and go back to Suboxone. I'm only taking 2 mg a day now but I can't get any lower.
Wow, I am literally in exactly the same position as you are or were since your post is old. I've been to rehab once to get off it and it was rough but I managed to do it and when I got out I eventually relapsed weeks later. But Suboxone effects me in the exact same manor as yourself and I pretty much do exactly the same as you except with going on my comp all day I also play video games all day.

I recently forced myself through 20 weeks of GED prep courses so I can take and pass my GED test. That is probably my most note worthy accomplishment within the past 5-6 years of being of Suboxone and it really drags me down that it's like that because I used to have many hobbies and dreams of my future that after 5 months of being on Suboxone diminished.

Suboxone is a great short term drug but for me the long term just does not agree with my mind and body.
hi  Robert.  Could you tell me how to get off suboxone?  I have weened down to less than a quarter of an 8mg pill a day. Its the completely stopping that is getting me.  I still have withdrawls when i dont take suboxone.  The withdrawls are far more mild than the opiate withdrawls but they are still there.  I recently have had people tell me the withdrawls are in my head. I don't see how i am creating it in my head, but maybe i am..  I just want it to end.  
i would just like to say that you are 100 percent right about doctors prescribing too much. i will be totally honest when i say that in reality 4 mgs of subs would make it so i was "ok" i wasnt sick the only thing that people who are getting on them to get off other opiates should realize that they are not going to get the high they we getting from the opiate but to really open their mind and actualy notice that they are not sick. the stuff if used correctly is a miracle to us. robert have you or do you know anyone who would have info  on shooting subutex? i just got out of rehab two weeks ago and am off the subs completely and it was the hardest detox ive ever done. but i was shooting up to 4 8mg pills a day which was pointless because i know you only get so high on subs and i was doing it everyday for a year. i have some things im scared about. but anyway the doctor in there tapered me in a week after doing it that severly for a year and he stared me the first day at 16 mg all at once in the morning and i was blown away because i wasnt even do that on the street i was so mad at his regimen. i thought i was dying. it didnt hit me till like the 4th day off them because of the half life in them. but if you know anyone who has experience shooting them and is now clean please let me know.
Keep tapering down. You can get off the subs. Are you getting counseling and or attending support groups? Go to the top of this page and "post a question" start your own thread, this is an old one.
You will get support and encouragement
Keep the faith...,
There is always hope...
Debbie
hi everyone, well about two years ago I was introduced to opiates without ever taking a drug in my life needless to say I loved them! I was addicted to them for  about 10 months and then my boyfriend and I we were clean for 7 months... and returned to doing them again not as bad for the last 10 months i use opiates for 4 to 6 days then take a sub for the nest 4 to 6 and so on. were not prescribed subs from a dr just get them from a friend. i dont want to become dependent on neither again, we struggled with energy and we cant find our selves kicking the subs, im scared an i just want to be straight and enjoy normal things in life im finding it difficult to get back to things because i dont want to go to work low on energy i find myself not even being able to get dressed or ready for the day without atleast one of them any suggestions anyone?
I have been on sub for almost 4 years now but i didnt think that i as addicted for the first couple of years because i didnt have to have it like that. Now I have to have it everyday. I did try to get off of it about a year and a half ago. For two months, i felt depressed, had no energy, couldnt work nor could i do anything that i liked to do. i couldnt seem to smile nor laugh. i was not myself. It is very hard to come off of subs but there are still ppl that say that they came off of them and been off of them for a long time and still do not feel the same. Doctors do not kno all of the side effects or the long term effects of this drug. I am a strong willed person but this drug has a hold on me and my husband. I strongly believe that these suboxones are just a money trap for the government to get more money. Please do not get discouraged. Detoxication can be achieved but we need to be strong and just keep looking for more answers that can help us down this long hard road that we are looking at. This is not something that i am very proud of but i feel that the more ppl that talk about this the more that this world is going to notice that is a problem. I talked to an er doctor once that told me that subs do not cause withdrawal symptoms and i was looking for drugs. That really hurt me bc i was looking for help to get off of these things and couldnt get it unless i told them i was suicidal and thats bull. The longest i was offered for rehab was 7 days in peninsula thats it. That is not long enough to actually come off of these mentally or physcally how ever ppl want to describe it. i have heard ppl say oh its in your head and ur thinking about it too much and then there are those ppl who kno what im going thru like you. we will make it thru this, just have to get the help that we need and trust me that is coming soon because these doctors are starting to realize what exactly this is doing to ppl and it cant go on much longer. this is just like methadone, remember? They took that away and gave suboxones. So sooner or later they are going to give ppl like us the help that we need buddy. You are not alone. It makes me constipated as well, although i have had a problem before the subs it got worse after use. I just kno that this is not the only way out that is out there, there is hope and i am not going to give up looking for that help. Dont give up hope, there is always help out there and a better life. Keep up the good work man dont let ppl get u down with bad comments or negative feedback. there will always be those ppl out there who dont understand and will put u down for being an addict but honestly everyone is. There are plenty of other things that are normal daily life things that ppl are addicted to but dont think its an addiction but take it away from them and tell them to just get over it and deal without it. See how much they like it. STAY POSITIVE!!
the last 14 years ive had  nothing but depression and emptiness ,everything started when i had operation on my hands for carpel tunnel , after they operated on both hands i still had a lot of pain so i feel the op was unsuccessful , i started with endone for 1 and a half years , the went back to work even though i knew i wasnt ready ( pain ) , endone wasnt enough to give me pain relief so i went back to my gp , we tried so many different medications with no success . my gp gave me one tablet of oxycontin and   said he wasnt  qualified to perscribe them so refered me to another  doctor who " supposably " was . 80 mgs is supposed to be for 8 hrs pain relief , he put me on 4 to 5 tablets a day to which i will add that he never once explained to me what oxycontin was , within a few months i gained 25 kgs in weight and i was crying , unhappy , lost my energy , my happiness , i told the doctor how i felt , he then drew  a dark circle on a note pad and said to me that the circle represents the pain  and the white circle represented me and the pain killers , his idea was to make the white circle bigger than the black circle and said the only way to do this was with pain killers , after 6 months of work i couldnt even think about doing it anymore because how i felt i had to quit my job , instead of getting me off the oxycontin he still continued perscribing me the medication , a year and a half later i fell pregant but i lost the baby due to complications from the medication , 2 years later i fell pregnant again and told the doc to get me off this medication but he said the baby will be fine , he said there has been other women on higher doses that had normal pregnancies , i told to put me on lower doses but he didnt want to do that , so i told him to give me perscriptions for lower dosage and i will get off it my self , i finally found a good doctor who explained to me what oxycontin actually is , he couldnt give me any medication due to me being pregnant but he gave me great support  , the baby was born not breathing but they were able to save her , she spent 5 days in intensive care unit , she had withdrawals for the first year , i got off oxycontin on my own as i was fighting to keep my baby and for my family , i was oxycontin free for 2 years , then i started doing more around the house and really love gardening , the pain came back in my arms and hands which would last for 2 weeks or longer , went to another gp  he said tramadole would be ok for me and i asked him can i stop tramadole any time i want and he said yes , 2 years later i got off tramadole by myself again , i ended up with bad depression for about 2 months , i didnt touch tramadole for 6months but i hurt my arms and hands again so i started tramadole again , last year after  desperately trying to find some one to help me  i couldnt find it so i decided to end it all by almost stepping infront of a train as i felt this was the only solution , finally ATODS took me in , they put me on suboxon , i was on 14 mgs per day and they said my life would be happy and it was the magical pill that was going to bring back my emotions and happiness , 3 months into the program i wasnt feeling any better , i wanted to get off suboxone but they said it needed time to kick in  , a few months into it i finally hasseled them enough for them to start cutting the dose down  , i finally relised that ATODS is nothing better  than the doctor who started me on oxycontin , i got down to 0.4 mgs by myself but i was scared of what will happen when i stop taking suboxone , i booked myself into a rehab center , i was there for 2 days and i realised that the other people there were all alcoholics   so the majority rules so they couldnt  help me so i came home very dishearted  ,  once again realised that i will have to get off it myself  , ive been clean for 7 and a half days , my strength comes from my 4 children and very supportive loving husband , for the last week ive been having withdrawals every night but the thought of my family and the new tomorrow gives me the strength , i have been sitting and laying down looking and feeling like a zombie but people this only one life u have and u have to fight for it , it took me 14 years to realise this but this time i wrote a diary every day while i was coming off suboxone so the nexr time i feel i need pain killers i will read my diary to remind myself of what i went through . i hope there is someone reading this and dont let your self to go for that long as you cant bring back yesterday but you can live for today and tomorrow , good luck to all and i wish you all the best .
Robert,

I am having almost exactly the same issue as the person who initiated this thread.  I'm also at home and not working as I am disabled due to other health issues.  I'm currently on 12 mg of Suboxone and have been on this dosage for about 3 years.  I started at 16 mg for about a year.  My total time on Suboxone is thus 4 years.  I also would like to wean off this medication.  I was initially put on it to avoid withdrawal from pain medications.  I've had 20+ abdominal surgeries with quite a few of them being major operations.  Would you be willing to talk to me in a more private session?  If so, my email address is ***@****.  I use this email address for "work" purposes...I currently do not work outside my home but have been able to find myself work as a freelance writer online...so get a lot of email.  If you could put the words "SUBOXONE HELP" or something along those lines, in the subject field, I'll be sure to watch for your email.  

I really would like to be off this medication.  If there is advice you could give me or educate me about tapering off the medication, I would greatly appreciate it.  I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dimpel
i have been on subs for 3 years .. I started off at 12 mg a day.. now im down to 7 mgs. I take the 2/0.5 mg 3 times a day.  I want off of suboxone!!  whatever it takes. I work full time and also a mother of a 5 year old. if I am new to this site I was looking online for help with getting off subs fast and I see your name a lot.. I hear nothing good about coming off and all bad .. please help
Hi Robert_325 - I have been on suboxone for 3 years and last year started the process of coming off the medicine w/ a taper. I was doing 8 mg for 2 years then since December of 2012, have been coming down. I currently went from 2 mg to 1 mg on January 2nd and for the last 8 days, have been really constipated. Is this normal? I know i was constipated when i started suboxone at 8 mg but after a couple of months i was fine.

I am really scared now that I am 1 mg and am looking for the best way to get off completely without little wd's. Can you give me any recommendations now that I am at 1 mg?
I would love your help!  I'm down to 1 mg / day... But scared of next step.

Been on for 16 months... Need to get off... Ca n you help me?
Hi my name is Brooke and I have been on suboxon for about 5 years now I have tryed everything to get off and I don't know what else to do