Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How long before Normal Sleep Patterns come back after Opiate withdrawal...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

How long before Normal Sleep Patterns come back after Opiate withdrawal ??

Hi All... and thanks for all your Support ... I am on day 4.. exactly 96 hours into C/T W/D from Oxycontin 40's 3x a day and Percocet's 10/325 3x a day ... and I wanted and overall concensus of when some of you were able to sleep through the night.  For the last four nights I sleep maybe 45 minutes if that then I'm up for an hour and the cycle goes round and round ... so of course I am exhausted. I know everyone is different... but again just curious of others experience ... and anything that might help get my sleep back to normal.  Other than that I am hanging in there.... I'll check in again soon   Von
well I know for me I was not sleeping well before the vicodin, and now I am really not sleeping well....

my body hates me Im sure... I just lay around when I can. I swear I thought I would sleep like a rock lastnight since I was up all day long with no nap...

nada....

day 5, can NOT wait to go to sleep and not open my eyes for like 6hrs.... 10 would be fantastic... but I will take what I can get :)

congrats on day 4!!!
Congrats on day 4,thats terrific!!!!  I detoxed off of methadone so it took me about 6 weeks or so to have any type of fairly normal sleep pattern.Sleep and energy,or lack there of,are 2 of the symptoms that seem to linger the longest for everyone.Exercise is one of the best weapons to fight them.Have you tried any otc sleep aid? Benadryl is something many seem to find works for them,also melatonin or valerian root.I found the melatonin worked best for me and I bought the cherry flavored bi lingual ones.The bilingual ones seemed to work faster for me and they also came in lower mgs so if I woke up after a few hours in the night I could take another one to help me get back to sleep.I believe it's safe to take up to 10 mgs,at least thats what I was told.Good luck to you..Hope you get some well deserved sleep real soon....Kim
In my opinion it wont ever come back like it was while on the drugs. I wish I could dream of the day it happens but I need sleep in order to dream. I have tried every sleep aid imaginable and nothing works for me. Tried Ambien but I couldnt sleep a wink after taking it.
I've absolutely given up on the idea of ever sleeping like a normal person.
Clean about a  WEEK now and every thing is back to normal but i cant sleep and i still dont feel normal in my body but i have energy and i can work just cant relax i was takeing oxy 80 suboxone 8mg  and methdone 40mg and its been 8 years now where the **** did the time go but on the road this what i wanted and now i got it and its just not good just not happy of what my life has become
Ohhh God, its day 3 for me and i feel what you do. We got to hang in there!  
I know what you mean! I quit Opana cold turkey 28 days ago and have not had a good nights sleep yet.  I keep thinking about my family all sleeping peacefully and am so lonely sitting up all night by myself.  I read that at about six weeks of being off the stuff normal sleep patterns should return.  I hope so. . .Good luck to you!
Yeah good luck sleeping .....ha I was at the point of  two day up (on)  almost sleep all the next day least till 3 or latest 8 n id wake up do it again ....least 4 good two months r more hooked 4 goin on 4 years .....u know surgery then BAM ....went from vikes 2 perks then oxyz (80's,60's mainly) stumbled on  pandas  (opanas) met that *****  roxi in there somewhere 2 then tryed tryed tried gettin out 2 no prevail quit finally was gettin 2-4 hrs a night got used 2 it pretty much then I ran into that dog food (heroin)  wow its been a quick year or so did that on the regular g or 1/2 g a day I'm now on my 4th day clean hit rock bottom the other day this chick that likes my **** left her clean of course rigs here only took 2 days 2 try n succeed at shooting .....only shot (ha..... only) pry ten times b4 my cpl day binder was done.....slept like 18 hrs r sumtin , mmmmm it was nice (riiiighhhtttt) well sry to drag on n on pry on old thread but ppl still read I'm sure .....but I now getting 15  min sleep 3-4 times a day!!!! Only day 4 but I've got up to 30 plus under 45 days b4  clean n I still was only gettin tops 5 more like 4 hrs night ...u get used 2 it I suppose better then sleeping Ur days away , spending all Ur money ******* up friendships family ,spouse , losing Ur job fastest years of my life ......stay away far far away if Ur asking how long b4 I get sleep back its pry 2 late , but STOP .....tell Ur friends u used to hang with even though its hard u gotta !! I could deal with little sleep its the ******* RLS that makes me mad .....legs flipping flopping like fish outta water !! Good luck 2 all as I said while ago !! P.S. stay away from methadone worst w/ds of them all if u take subs (subozone, subutex) only do it short short term its bad news 2 only a bandaid, ****** one .....******* drs worse d dealers around corrupt with greed n the smell of money !!
sleep came back to me at about 40 days went from 15 min a time 2 gettin a hr or so then 3 stayed at 4 hrs for cpl weeks then all the sudden i just went from 8 good hrs a night to bein able 2 fall back sleep and gettin 12 if i wanted its amazin i dreaded goin to sleep almost every night now i look forward 2 it  ..........43 days sober most ive  been sober since i was 13 im guna b 31 in 7 days  feel reborn in a way