How long does hydrocodone stay in the system?
I have been off painkillers for about 2 weeks and still get the chills and diarrea. Is this still the remainence of the hydro? If so are there any ways to cleanse my system besides water? Thank you for this forum. I really enjoy reading all the support people give each other.
Hi - I have been on Norco 10 (8 a day) for the past 3 years due to Breast Cancer. My doctor has cut me off and i'm so embarrsed to tell them that i have a problem!  I want and am ready to be done with these pills once and for all! Tomorrow will be day 1 for me, i saw on a post that you had some sort of a receipe that might make it easier?  I have tried to stop a few times before but by day 2 i was so sick i started using again!  I am so scared this time but i have no choice, i'm tired of my pills running my life! Any advice anyone has for me would be so great!  Thanks!
You two posted to an old thread. You should each start your own thread. At the top of the page you will see "post a question" in a green box. If you want you can copy and paste your post from  above. Sometimes these older posts will get overlooked so by posting your own you will get the full benefits of everyone on the forum. You have stumbles across a great place that has some very caring people that will not judge. People will bend over backwards to help you succeed.
You can find the thomas recipe in the health pages which can be found in the upper right hand side of the screen. You will also find the amino acid protocol. They both can be very helpful. There is also a lot of other great information in the health pages.
So first off, start you own post. You won't get overlooked that way
Best of luck to the both of you!

Brian
Thank you!!
I am a grandmother who has a daughter age 37 addicted to pain medication.  She is now in a hospital going through detox.  I can tell you it is not a pretty site.  No one should have to see this.  She has been on pain medication for 10 years and just in the past 2 years she has been real bad. She has 2 children ages 9 and 14 who do not have a mother, and have not had one for a long time. My daughter has been divorced for about 5 years and it was not a good one.  Mentally she has not been able to cope for a long time.  My message to all the mothers - it is important that you do whatever it takes to stay clean and sober.  I know it's hard, but for your children's sake and yours, please do whatever it takes.  It is not easy, but with the proper help and God's guidance you can make it.  DO NOT GIVE UP - THATS TO EASY -  BJJL
I can somewhat relate but its hard to bascially "do not give up"  being on pain medication(s) it depends on which ones we are talking about I know that if u just straight up take lortabs you will suffer a less severe withdrawal than say if you have been taking methadone for years. I am a mother of 3 and I can tell you that it's tough when you go to your doctor and tell them about your legit pain and they give u a fistful of scripts.  I was on oxycodone and valium and I asked my doctor for something lower he suggested lortabs and I have been taking them for a little over two years now and when I try to quit I get flu like symptoms which are typical for this type of medication.  If you don't mind me asking what kind of pain meds does your grand daughter take? I am just wondering because the withdrawals from a more powerful pain med can result in more physical pain/withdrawal and if you do have pain I suggest you taper yourself to take lortab as prescribed as it can work wonders but I understand people get addicted to them I myself have but it takes support which I lack thereof so I have abused I don't have a lot of family that even care and friends well.. they keep secrets no one wants to admit they are an addict at least I never did until I realized that my kids are more important to me than gettting that high that makes me don't care anymore.
You guys are all giving great advice. Its really sad though that when I google a question about how long vicodin stays in your system, the majority of the sites it gives me are all sites offering to sell vicodin without a script. I'm a weak person, and as soon as I see that, I get the itch. I feel like I will never beat this. I'm 33, and since I was 17 I haven't been totally clean from drugs for more than 3 months at a time. Its become such a part of me that even my clean friends prefer me messed up over clean and its more of a funny topic of conversation rather than concern. Mainly because I've always seemed to have control to the outsiders looking in. Even my ex-wife had no idea how bad it was til 5 years into our relationship. But even when I'm determind to kick the habit, I alays find a way to fail. After this last time, I've never felt more defeated. I just got a great job making lots of money. Passed my urine test and had every reason to stay clean. As I packed this Sunday for a training class out of town, I found a pill. Wasn't looking for one, it was just laying in a drawer. I managed to fight the urge for a few hours, but ended up taking it around 7PM. I get to my first day of training today and immediately find out we have a pop drug test. I know I will test positive. I don't know how I will pick myself up from this one. How do I go back home and face my family? I don't think I can this time.
I have been on lortabs 10's for about 9 months now! I have tried to quit several times.I called this place to detox and they keep telling me to call back! They only have 8 beds for females and like 40 for men! I get so frustrated and want to give up.I hate how the pills control my life.I can't function with out them. I get so sick and tired of taking them. I feel that I am ready to quit I am just so scared to because I know what hell awaits me, the agony of leg cramps,shakes,hot and cold flashes,anxiety,and just the not feeling motivated to even move! I am so mad at myself for letting this happen. So I called the detox place again and they told me they didn't have a bed,so I ask the nurse what can I do at home to make myself more comfortable and she tells me to try and taper off of the pills. I felt like it was a slap in the face,I want to get off of them not keep taking them.but at this point I am willing to try anything.so tomarrow I am gonna start with lower doses or maybe see how long I can go with out taking any and then just taking one pill. I don't know I need some help. Any suggestions? I am willing to try anything! Oh and the worst thing I hate about detoxing is the not sleeping, I quit one time and didn't sleep for 3 days and I started to see things that were not there. My husband has been great through all of this. I am lucky to have him. He understands that it is my addiction. We pray together! He does get very disappointed in me when I give up but he is right there when I need him,I hate what this is doing to him to,he tells me that yeah it is my addiction but it effects both of us! I need help! I am willing and I feel ready! I feel like a boxer getting ready for a fight,like right before your gonna enter the ring and you know you have a chance of getting hit and its gonna hurt like hell then your gonna have that agonizing pain for a week or 2,but you know you gotta face the fight because there are a lot of people there depending on you,so you can't let them down! Well I am ready to fight and I am going to knock this pill habbit out!before it knocks me out! I'm starting my count down tomarrow! Whish me luck!
HI welcome to the forum you know you dont have to go to a detox center to get off pills we do home detoxes here all the time tapering works for some but most addicts cant do it if you want to try get some envelopes put just what your going to use for that day in the envelope
every 3 days drop off 1 pill if you think you can handle more then do more the lower your dose the harder it gets and the smaller the drops you should also start your own post go to the top of this screen there is a green box marked post a question click on it and start a fresh post you will get a lot more responses good luck and God bless.....Gnarly
I have been on Vicodin now for about 5 yrs I hav gone to a methadone clinic but all they are are legal drug dealers that want ur money, I am down to needing only either 10mg of methadone or 4 Vicodin to make it through my day opposed to 20 or so I have been without pills now for 2 days & am very familiar with the withdraw symptoms, too familiar lol I'm sitting on the la z boy right now the only thing stopping me from going out and scoring is the thought of not having to live my life around the drugs, that and I'm flat broke lol. I just Googled vicodin detox on my phone thought id say hey & I hope I make it through this time. If ne1 can offer any advice my email is ***@****
was wondeing if anyone could give me advice....i want to quit my hydrococone 10 mg and with that i have been drinking lots of vocka and cranberrie so scard what my body will go through i hav a14 year old and in a realationship that i dont want my boyfriend know
i just want to know when im going to feel better some told me three days an im out th woods is that tru because if it is i only have one more day but its going to be much longer than i need to pop
I am a Mom that wants to help her son realize he has an pain killer addiction..and help him get off of this roller coaster..not really sure what to do or how to help. I am interested in your recipe. How do you (or can you) convince someone they have a problem? Do you stay in denial till you become tired of the life? It is so sad bc there are so many ppl out there on this stuff, I hurt for them. Would like to hear any advice that would help me to help him...thank you very much.
This will be about the tenth time I have quit codones today. My job is changing to another company and I don't want to tell them about the perscriptions. They can't fire you but they can sure not hire you. I've been taking pills for about 10 years now. I need to stop before I mess up my liver anyways. I quit one time for about 3 years. about a year ago I had surgery and B A N G. All over that mean *** horse again. It's not easy guys but y'all can do it. Your fellow junkie....
I am a Registered Nurse and also an addict.  My Drug of Choice is Hydrocodone (Lortab, Norco).  I began taking Lortab about 3 years ago for back pain, related to ruptured discs and bilateral knee osteoarthritis.  Less than 6 months into use for pain, I realized this provided me with the energy I needed just to make it through my day.  I am a single mother of 2 young children and worked in a highly stressful trauma setting about 60 hours each week.  It wasn't long after that I began needing a "few" pills just to wake up and get going!!!  In the end, I was taking 8 Lortab 10mg at one time!!!  Sometimes in the morning and evening totalling 16 pills daily!!!!  These "BLUE DEVILS"  as I like to refer to them took CONTROL of my life!!!!! Many, many times, I had attempted to stop but with no success.  I found myself taking to the streets to obtain more pills and soon began to feel the shame and guilt of using/abusing money that could have went to my children!!!  This, apparently, still wasn't as powerful as these "BLUE DEVILS"!!!!  Well, because of the amounts I was taking, I tested positive @ work for Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)!!  In desperation and hope, I willingly admitted to the Board of Nursing that I had a problem and needed help.  This was one of the most difficult things I have ever done in my life.  I was so ashamed!  I was supposed to be this "professional" and here, I had let my guards down and was like many of my own patients that I had been treating in my E.R.!!!!   Ugh...well little did I know what a blessing all of this turned out to be!!!! I AM 19 DAYS CLEAN AND FEELING GREAT!!!!!  I was ordered to an Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program by the Board of Nursing in order to keep my nursing license.  Before going, I bought a few Methadone off the street and took for 5 days straight.  This eliminated MOST withdrawal symptoms that I had.  Now insomnia still existed and about 10 days after the Methadone wore off, I experienced minimal diarrhea.  OK so. today is my 19th day.  The only symptom I have now is nighttime leg aches/cramps.  I have found Clondine (BP Med) to help with this.  Also, I plan to ask my "doctor friend" to prescribe for me Neurontin, which is used to treat RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome).  Listen folks, the point of my post here tonight is to tell you that you can beat this!!! I am living proof!!! This coming from someone who had completely given up all hope!!!  Don't take it 1 day @ a time!  Take it 5 minutes @ the time if u need 2! I won't take  a pill!  I won't take  a pill!  PRAY!!!!  When cravings come, and they do get better with time, I PROMISE.... say in the name of JESUS, LEAVE MY MIND!!!!! Over and over, keep repeating this until they pass.  Try and exercise again.  Just get out and enjoy the sun if you're not 1 for exercising.  Take slow walks.  Ride a bike.  I live in Alabama.  I go jump on my 4 wheeler and just ride down to the creek and feel the sunshine on my face.  MAN DO I FEEL GREAT!!!!  I feel so clean again.  Its just hard to explain but I do hope u all get to experience this and GET UR LIVES BACK!!!!  U know, LIFE had thrown us a curve ball here,  but its up 2 us what we decide 2 do about it.  HANG IN THERE AND KEEP THE HOPE!!!!  IF I CAN DO IT, ANY1 CAN!!!!  I'm getting stronger everyday.  Lack of energy seems to be the culprit here, but it DOES get better every day.  I'm learning to LIVE again.  I'm having to find out new things 2 do for fun but I am laughing again.  REALLY laughing.  GOOD LUCK 2 U ALL AND I WISH U THE BEST!!!
Fellow junkie? tee hee...
Congrats again...I wish u the best.  U did it 9 other times! U can do it again.  I've said this a billion times, its just not f______g worth it!!!!!!!!!!
ive been taking viks and norcos for a about a week now, because i get ovarian cysts and there extremely pain full. well i got a job opportunity and im wondering how long it takes for it to get out of your system before your pee is clean?
Im 22 yrs old ive been taking hydros for 3 yrs but this past yr i been taking them heavy i was having alot of pain on my left side come to fined out it was sage one cancer but by this point i wasnt even taking them for the pain because it didnt help i was taking them for energy to get up and clean to go to work to have fun with my friends and just to feel better to be normal which blows my mind i ask myself how did i get to this point? what type of person lives this way? i stop and think i do i let myself get this way how awful i get so down on myself... Six weeks ago i had a major sugery to remove the cancer i was cut hip to hip and now i cant have kids which turned my life upside down so i just took more pills to cover all the pain i was feeling on the inside and when i took a pill i felt like i could breath again that life was going to be okay i was about 6 to 8 fives a day if i had tens i could take up six a day and i would of took more but i was scared to run out but i havent taken anything in 3 days the first two days was awful but i have been at work all 3 days and cleaned my apt without taking anything i cry alot and think about taking one all day but i have a great church and i know god will see me throu this but at the end of the day its up to me and i feel so alone and empty all the time i wish i had someone in person to talk to that would understand me and not judge me i just want to be better be normal but what is normal????? Please help...
hello... I had 2 back surges. this yr. one on 2/10 & 3/16. anything I would ask for the second dr would give me. when the 6-10 7.5 hydros didn't work I went to 10mg and he gave mr Val. 10mg with it. I'm on day 12 right now with nothing at all but my tens unit. feeling like crap.. when will I see the light? are the head games that bad? I have a baby on the way nxt march and want this to be over with so I can be a daddy and a great husband. I'm on a sleeping pill but, I'm up thinking all the time about those damn pills. cold turkey is how I went. I took the pill box I had to my folks. out of site out of mind but, the pain is there.
This is my first time posting.  I am 3 weeks out from putting the pills away!!!  I feel like crap, however I liked what Rex said, get outside ourselves and it helps.  As for my spouse he didn't understand and it scared him to watch me detox because he lost a wife to pills when his kids were babies, so I had empathy for him and just told him I would fine, I trust God and I'd do it, ugly as it was!!!!!!!! I did and I am still affected by symtoms of withdrawl and a little self pity, but hearing all you guys know what its like helps!! thank you,
Ladyphish
Ive been taking them for 5 years, kicked once. But now they have toasted my attitude, depression ETC. life is like something I dreamed! So now I've exceeded way beyond my script. So i buy more, steal them from some one and just ashamed at everything, scream go crazy at my wife even when fully dosed!. I never dreamed it would have negative effects on my brain?? This *****!! I need this community to help me kick for good. I related to 2.5 hrs of stories. Today i took about the equal of 8-12 Vic. I too use them for energy?? I related to too much stuff!! and tomorrow i begin my journey into the painful reality of saying goodbye, have 5 or 6 tabs for my wife to rash-in out for the gnarly leg aches and massive stomach stuff.,maybe to ease it a tiny but this is not going to be fun. :(   I have to do this I'm am not me!!! thanks for this place it's a lot more people then me and an epidemic it seems! i asked years ago for 30 a month, just for what i need for multiple sclerosis so he starts me at 120? WTF!!!! he and the one now wants me addicted and coming back to them!! Uhhhh!! violates their oath if ya ask me!!
Hi my name is lonny I am on 10 or vic or more a day and it ***** I am taking them for severe leg pain. But now I am taking them to get high I am so despressed and scared about kicking this drug I have been off them before but I go back to them because they give me energy and make happy when I am taking them I want get off please help I feel like I am going to die but I know there is light at the end of the tunnel thanks everyone lonnie
I'm scared. I've been addicted to hydrocodone/soma combination for about 10 years, although the first 5 years was off & on (not constant because I could only get them every now and then). After being on them as long as I have, I'm "only" taking about 12-15 10 mg. norco's a day which is probably pretty good considering the length of time I've been on these damn things. I started on them for legitimate pain reasons - I've had numerous surgeries for severe endometriosis, scar tissue removal, eventually a complete hysterectomy. Then I had a car accident and the labrum in my hip joint was torn. I still have the pain to contend with, but I'm tired of this addiction.

I have to take 2 hydros in the morning just to get up. I've run out many times and the WDs are horrible and since I live alone, I don't have anyone (like a boyfriend or husband) to help me or care for me. I don't want to let my family know about this; they wouldn't understand. I want to just get outpatient suboxone treatment and get through this. I can't take time from work (or afford) a treatment center. I'm scared because the depression gets really bad for me and I tend to isolate myself in my house with my animals when I'm not feeling well. Here's my question: do you think that a combination of outpatient suboxone treatment and going to a therapist would work? I have a very high pressure responsible job and feel like I'm just barely hanging on by a thread. Not to mention the debt I've gone into.

This totally ***** and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I wish people were more understanding of this addiction because I didn't set out to become addicted ... I didn't originally go to a doctor to get high. I had about 7 or 8 surgeries and the meds allowed me to  dull everything .... the pain, my emotions, my depression. I also travel to Africa to do some of my work and making sure I have the sufficient amount of meds with me is always a major undertaking prior to a trip. Running out of your meds and going through WDs out in the bush would NOT be a good time. I want my life back without these damn things.
You all are posting in a very old thread!  Please go up to the top of this page....click on the orange ask a question to copy and paste your post to start a NEW thread so everyone can see it as new and help!!!!  We want to but no one will see this one.  I check them often so I can tell how to help!  Please repost.
I take at least 3 10mg of hydrocodone a day. What's the best way to quit cd turkey? My legs already hurt at night and sometimes I have stomach cramps that double me over! Help
Im not sure thats possible if u have been taking them for a lomg time.
Hello eveyone, im in need of so support. Ive been addicted to some kind of opiate for a couple of years but these past three months i'ved been hooked by mrs vik.Im 28 yrs old.and have two beautiful and wonderful children that I have felt Ive let.down. I was also a super mom i would wake up excitied because i knew i was going to have that energy and happiness to make them feel special.  Now im on my third day of detox and dont want them to see me this way i cry.diaherra.extermly depressed.Can anyone tell me the withdrawl symptoms and how long they will last  i want to be megan again.the one whose stomach is not in knots and get anxiety and crys and rocks her self to slep.please i need support my brother asked me if i need help to let him know. So i said i need you he has blocked me from any commincation from him whatsoever.And when i try to call my mom she picks up the phone and hangs up on me.i need a support system my father and my husband are the only ones i have.and my kids need support to..pleasehelpp
I am addicted to vicoden 10 5 s for 3 years i have back problems and my dr gives them to me like candy i realy want to stop but i feel like it gives me energy and if i take less i sweat i  also have severe heart problems had surgery i nevrr took anything prior to my health issues now i just am lost depressed
Marry, please go up to the top if this page.  Click on the ORANGE ask a question icon and repost.  This way you will start your own thread and get the help.  Posting on this old thread you might be missed and I do not want that to happen.  Glad you came here.
Hang in there. The thoughts will pass. Sometimes Ive had to remind myself Ive been through this before and it will pass.  After the first 2 or three days for me I seemed to feel better. I just have to talk myself through it and do things that are positive for me, ie get out of the house, walk, pray, read motivational material, stay away from negative people. Sometimes I just have to say, like Scarlet OHara. I'll deal with that tomorrow and take care of todays problems today. Be gentle with yourself, treat yourself as you would treat a sick person, youre trying to heal
As for your husband, if someone hasnt walked in your shoes they wont understand. And some people just arent capable of understanding some things. Point is he dosent have to, you do though. You're responsible to take care of yourself. Youre important to more people than yourself, even though it dosent seem that way. Addiction is a disease of perception, we misuse the drugs, sometimes intentional, sometimes not but youre here for a reason. Your life isnt yours to take. Hang in there and just keep telling yourself "this will pass". Focus on what you have instead of what you dont have and verbally be grateful. That always helps me. This site helps too. Just keep asking for help. People have been there and we do care
Yvette
I feel what all of yal r feeling, I have been an off and on addict for many years, I am a registered nurse and lost all that I had worked for in one day after getting caught diverting meds from hospital I was working at, I would take or inject anything to get high and through the day, lost my nursing license, almosty marriage and my child, it's not worth it but still I couldn't stop! Went to out pt drug rehab for 16 months, didn't help, then tried suboxone and started abusing them!  Still struggling and family has no clue but problem is down to my last 10mg hydro's and can't find anymore do the weaning process has started and it ***** so bad, I have a 4 yr old and a husband that doesn't understand why I went from cheerful housewife and mom to bitchy cranky leave me alone wife who can barely make it out of the bed, I have been workin as a counselor since loosing my license, go figure, but I feel like I can help people cause I been there I just don't do what I preach. I have got to stop,bin process of getting nursing license back but I got to quit, I will have random drug testing as soon as I get back. I hate what the drug had done for me, have been on several antidepressants but none work, I gave no pain, I just take for the energy! Does anyone out there now of anything that can give me energy over the counter without having to drink energy drinks? I also take klonipins and almost out but can't go back for refill bc my md drug test me to make sure not taking hydro's. If anybody has any advice, please help, I'm only 33 and have my whole life ahead of me. Thanks
Hello, I have heard most of your stories and I am going through it also. It may not seem like a lot but trust me it is for a person that hasn't never been addicted to anything before. This is my fourth day going cold turkey coming off of hydro codone 10 mg about 6-8 sometime 10 a day for the last 4 years. 4 days only it feels like 4 months. I don't know how long this should last but I'm trusting in  God and knowing that I'm going to be alright. I stay praying and reading my Bible more than I ever have. God will never fail us and nothing is too hard for God. I feel better than I thought I would feel because I trust in God. I would take anger out on my children, my husband, and myself. As long as I had some tabs I was good and everybody else was good. If I didn't have them or if I was coming down off of the high everybody must leave. I just want to be me without the meds and I don't even know how I was when I wasn't taking them. Was I cool, fun, full of energy? I have no clue. However it was I just want it back. If someone can tell me how long this last I will be grateful. Thanks for listening. First of all Thank You God for Your Strength. You all are in my prayers
I'm on day 7 and I feel like a limp noodle, I have no energy what so ever. I was taking up to 20 10mg Norcos a day.  I tried cold turkey before but went 5 days and relapsed.  It was extremely the hardest thing ive ever had to do.  This time I've promised myself for the sake of my 5 kids I will never touch a norco again!  I missed work all week with my job thinking I have the flu, but I have to go to work tomorrow and I'm dreading it because its been really hard to sleep.  I just keep praying it will get better.  How long will it take to feel normal again or should I get them and try to ween off?  I really just want my body to be free of Norcos.  Please someone help!
I am trying to quit what do I do cold turkey?
Ok I'm on day 7 or so I haven't been counting but yes I am miserable and even thought I might die from the withdrawal symptoms especially jet black diarrhea.  
I am hangin on to my a__and doing it alone. I will not go to meetings not for me but had been on Norco for over 5 yrs after a head trauma.  
So far I'm just sick of being sick. Hurting and ache and frankly quite irritable.

Immglad your all here
Melvin61 go post a question so people will see ur post this is old and may be overlooked . Congrats on 7 days
Hey it's ok Erika keep ur head up, I kno how u feel wen ur husband doesn't listen or understand, it can make u feel even more lonely than being alone.  Ur in pain and trying to stay clean?
Hey today is going to be my first day without before I was  taking 6-10 and ... Well now I'm out, I've been wanting to quit seems the only way I stop is when i don't have anymore. Then I try to quit this time the only thing different is me looking to this site for encouragement and strength
The Lord must be answering my prayers because I've been struggling with how to get off pills for months & just decided the last few days that I am ready and doing it. Then I found you all today. I have used pills off & on for 10 years. Then 2 yrs ago I found a doc to prescribe me 10-325 Norco, 3-8 pills a day. Things were ok until I started adding in 15mg Oxycodone to compensate for my higher tolerance. I have 2 beautiful kids ages 2 & 5 that are my life! People always tell me what a great mom I am, but I feel like a fake because noone knows that I only get thru my days because of the pills. I so wanna know that I can still be the same great mom, or better without these pills. But I worry- what if the pills are the reason I'm that great mom? What if I have no energy, motivation & patience without the pills? I'm so scared, so alone, so lost. I'm searching for all the info & support I can get. I think I may have to quit cold turkey becuz my doc gave me a UA today & found the oxy in my system. I have no access to anything, so if they don't refill my Norco- I'm out & have no choice. My husband and family don't know how bad my habit is & don't know I'm cutting it off. I guess I'll say I have the flu? But I am home with my kids & work part time 3 days a week & there is no way to get help at home or take time off to do the withdrawal. Any advice for the best way to handle it while caring for 2 small kids and keeping the house running? How long will the real bad stuff last? My habit has been approx 3-5 10-325mg Norco for over 2 years & I've added in 1-3 15mg oxycodone daily for the past 8 months or so. What is the Thomas Recipe? I have about 5-7 days of pills left to taper down as much as possible in such a short time & then I'm jumping. Any advice, experience stories, encouragement, ideas or support would be a life saver. Thnk you all so much for sharing your stories. You may actually be the reason my kids won't have to grow up with a drug addict Mommy.
I so understand, I have so much Arthritis myself...The best thing to do for that is stretch, start slow and walk, move, don't sit. Because when you don't move, it hurts much more..Hot baths, hot showers..But stretching is the best..If I don't do that everyday, I can't stand myself.. If you have insurance ask your doctor to get you in physical therapy and they will help you learn how to stretch and teach you how to sit properly and walk properly...We in America don't even know how to properly take care of ourselves so we turn to pills...I am learning all of this right now, because I will NOT go back to these pills...Think positive, stretch, if you can ,physical therapy...That is what I am doing next...MOVE MOVE...Hope this has helped...Let's make a good effort to take better care of ourselves without the flipping pills.I am right there with you and I am almost 66 years old..Hugs Denise
Day one for me
I am 33, my name is Renee. I was taking 7.5 lortabs a day. i became void of everything. Id smoke almost 2 pcks of cigerettes a day! Id like someone to talk to. Im sober one week. I get them from my doctor. I havent been back and my boyfriend flushed the rest I had. He kept them hidden from me becAuse I would just sit, and smoke and do nothing else. It was great having his support on this. right now I get the hot sweats, I feel hungry alot, smoking cigs makes me nauseas, Im real lazy, I feel like my body is a huge weight. i dont have alor of energy! It ***** but My moods swings aren't raging here and there. I spend less time on my phone. I am more involved with listening to what my fiance says! these pills made me numb to everything! I liked that, but it makes you constipated! I gained alot of weight from them! eventually this will be out of my system. my hair and nails are growing longer now and are healthy! im more aware of peoples feelings. trust me these are worth stayin off of. im glad Ive made the choice to never get them again.
I am fighting this after being in them for 6 years. Its time I deal with reality and concern myself with the ones I love. Being more productive. each day gets better. You can get thru it! I now havent smoked cigs or taken any pills for a week! So, Im gettinf alot healthier than I anticipated! being in the sun makes me feel sick. So, I try not to be in it alot. I havent done much around the house, but my finance understands the situation. I will get out of my funk eventually! Its not going to make me lose my battle! Im staying strong!!  congrats to all of yall w your sobriety! Keep your heads up!
Hi I have searched but can not find the Thomas Recipe can you re post it please? I have been taking hydrocodone for extreme back pain, I am breastfeeding and the Dr is aware of it but I can"t believe it's not going to effect my baby. What are the withdrawal symptoms and how long does it last?  Will my baby have problems?  
Hello everyone I am new here. My doctor has had me on 60mg of morphine and 60 pills of hydrocodone10/325 for over two years bc I have arthritis in my neck and suffer from migraine headaches. Well on friday when I called to get my monthly refill they called it in then canceled it and told me that I failed my urinaysis test. I dont take any other meds accept ibuprofen so I really dont know what the problem is. I have started having withdrawals  all weekend. I feel like my eyes are popping out it sockets and the diarrhea is ridiculous and painful. Im shaking uncontrollably and my husband is mad that they just took me off them with any withdrawal medicine. Im in the judicial system and I had to call off work because I cant be in court with the shakes and the diarrhea. Can anyone tell me hiw they can just prescribed this stuff to and take u off without anything to help u out with. My husband is ready to get a lawyer. I am tempted to go speak to my judges about this. I really want the pain to go away but reading these comments have me thinking that ill be down for weeks. Any advice??
HI   Please go to the top of the page and click on the orange "post a question" button  .Then repost this and you will get tons of support and it will be your very own thread. This is an old thread you are posting on. Sorry you are going through this .
Please start your own thread, you keep posting on other people's threads.  You will get more replies if you do that, plus, it is just far too confusing to have two people trying to explain their unique situations and to keep the info straight on one thread.  Here's the link to start a new thread!

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=77
I'm only in the beginning. Day 1 1/2 for me and this is hell. Good to see there is hope
I just stumbled on this site and I am curious as to what recipe you are talking about.
Ive been addicted to norco,percocet or vicoden pretty much anything I I could get my hands on I felt so amazing on them I have anxiety and depression and being on them made me better. I would be able to take them before and that was it I didn't crave them or look for them like before. I would say I've been hooked on them for about a year now I would get them by stealing them from people I know had them or fake some type of pain to get them ive wanted to stop taking them for awhile now but ive been afraid of the withdrawls and the fact my husband has a script for them so I see them or hear them and I just want them. Im on my second day without them I have the chills slept horrible last night even took 2 ambien which I have prescribed to me for insomnia I feel achey and keep sitting on the toilet cuz I feel like I have to go but nothing much happens. I decided I needed to stop because this isnt me especially the stealing and lying and for my children. I dont want anyone around me to know whats going on cuz im embarrassed. Ive been drinking lots of water taking vitamins and snacking. I just want to know how much longer until things start getting better and if theres anything else to do. I was taking 3-5 a day orally