Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How long does hydrocodone stay in the system?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have been off painkillers for about 2 weeks and still get the chills and diarrea (diarrhea). Is this still the remainence of the hydro? If so are there any ways to cleanse my system besides water? Thank you for this forum. I really enjoy reading all the support people give each other.
Yes it is still from whats in us. Think how long we put the **** in us. Keep drinking fluids until your going to burst and eat good to this helps flush our systems out. Get exercise too.. Myself I hate this part but the more we exercise the better we feel..  I hope I helped some it take along time to get our minds and bodies back. But it took along time to get us where were at too.. Hang in there it does get Easier and better over TIME!!!!! Ill be praying for you.  God Bless..                       J.E.W.
Some of our opiate receptors control bowel motility, which is why opiates constipate. When you detox, diahrea is the consequence. Over the counter Imodium (immodium) will take care of the problem. It is an opioid drug that binds to the receptors affecting bowel motility but not those that bring euphoria or pain relief. It is effective without being addictive. Keep a few in your pocket and use as needed. As for the chills, time will cure you of those. Until then, dress in layers and respond to how you feel as you feel it. You've gone two weeks. That's an eternity! You're over the worst. It's your mind that you must contend with now. Feel better.

Thomas
I am not new to this forum because it has gotten me by for the last 2 weeks. I just haven't had the inner strenghth to "get involved". Today is day 14 of no more 10-14 a day 7.5 vicodins. The first 4 days were hell especially with 3 kids and a somewhat of non understanding spouse. He is glad I am off but doesn't understand how I "let myself" become addicted again. (I rehabed 3 years ago from a 2 year habit then) I was at first taking them for pain from a car accident but have an addictive personality and it wasn't long before I really, really "fell in love" again.
I am on here now to say that you have all helped and especially if it is you thomas03 that discovered the Thomas Receipe, you are my hero. It has helped tremendously, I know because I didn't have it 5 years ago when I detoxed before. I am not 100% yet and look forward to that time but I would have to say I am about 75% and that's alot better than a year ago when I felt as though my whole life depended on when I can get my next refill and how (consumed more than the prescribed amount and pharmacies and doctor started catching on). Never knew you could get them on the street and it's definately a good thing.
Don't get me wrong, if someone offered me one I would definately have to think and struggle but I beleive the last 2 weeks will have an impact of whether I really do it or not. ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!
I am sooo proud of you guys it is a great thing to make it two weeks. Hang in there...YOU have come through the worst...sooo proud!!
I just would like to know that one day soon, really soon, I will feel like a normal person. I didn't go out this weekend with friends because I was afraid I wasn't going to be my nice, fun, confident, normal self and they may not like the some what anxietied me.
Hello, my name is Kent and I'm also a mom to 3 kids and I know how hard it is believe me, I was up to snorting 4 80 mg oxycontin a day. I used to take so many pills nothing got to me, it was like who cares if the house is trashed I need to find some pills! I thought I was a good mom at the time because I was the "cool" mom who let all the kids play at my house. That was because my kids would play with them and leave me to my isolation. I wanted everyone to just leave me alone. I would yell at the kids inconsistantly and had terrible mood swings, the poor things never knew what to expect. After I yelled, I would go in the bathroom snort a pill and come out all smiles, no explanation just ok lets play now! I remember when I first got clean, one of the things I wrote in my gratitude journal was that I was thankful that now when the kids got on my nerves I would still yell at them but this time I would go in the bathroom and PRAY. I just kept saying "Lord help me, make me not so angry!" and when I came out the kids would usually get an apology and an explanation as to why their behavior needed to change. I changed from acting like Roseanne to acting like Mrs. Brady! they must have thought I was wacko! (well,I was)I am sooo very glad that I stopped while they are still young, my 2 younger children don't even remember, but my 8 year old does and definately harbors resentment towards me. Even now 2 years out of rehab (well actually 13 monthes clean after one 6 week relapse)I don't think she can really trust me yet but it is slowly getting better. I won't even go into the husband thing lets just say I relate to not feeling supported by your spouse. Although I have to admit, I have a good friend who is in the midst of it and even with everything I know I still get angry at her because she's not getting how badly she can screw up her life. It gets so frustrating sometimes. I guess God is trying to show me why my husband did what he did back then. You said you went to rehab so you have the tools to stay clean now. You know what to do. First off find a real live person that you can call and I went to meetings alot in the begining not everyday becase of my kids but enough to keep me grounded for awhile. Fourteen days is a long time without a pill. At your stage one hour feels like one day so your really doing great. Keep posting, there are alot of moms here that can help you to and of course you can help us to. Remember we are all in this together.
Hugs and welcome!
what thomas and the other said is just about
all there is to say,you will be feeling better soon,
keep posting.
2 weeks more than great its wonderful.
i will keep you in my prayers, keep up the good work.

peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hippy
Wow!!! Tears are filling my eyes right now. I can so relate to being the "cool" mom, yelling one minute taking a couple of pills and wanting to be their best friend. They are young and do not realize drugs are the reason. In the last 14 days I was "sick with the flu" and now am recovering but will need a little help from everyone as a family. See Vics gave me wonderful energy and I was the perfect housekeeper, maid and sex queen. Now for the last 2 weeks I am a slob, lazy and had sex maybe 2 times as oppossed to 12 like before. I just want to know when I will come to the happy medium.
This writing is helping already.....
Hi friends-
I just need to write to vent. Im feeling really down right now and not wanting to be around. My arthritis hurts so bad all I have done is cry for hours. You guys are my only support. Everyone that is around me has always seen the strong side of me and doesnt understand all this like you do. All I can think about is running my car off the road. I know thats bad and selfish but I cant stand this anymore. You are always there for me and I just needed to talk. The depression just seems to get worse. I need help or someone who will just listen, cause my husband doesnt seem to. I feel like I talk to a wall when he's around. SOrry for my stupid sob story. I just know you guys always listen to me. I love you all.
Erika
I was worried about you. Havent heard from you lately. Hope you and your family are well. Ill be praying for you.                    God Bless...          J.E.W.
OMIGOD!!! I totally get it!! I am at day 14 and need to talk my way thru this and was hoping it could be with the one I thought loves me the most in the world and I talked to the back of a head that had a body attached playing a guitar. I too have a non-supportative spouse but in no way will I ever feel or have felt thru this that I will let a chemical substance take something so precious away from me, my life...This forum has helped me thru these days and by the grace of God I have survived. If you are that bad you need to seek medical help, please!!
Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for your comment. Maybe we can talk back and forth? You seem to understand. Why do our spouses treat us this way? Would they if they knew they were going to loose us? (huuuummmm) You wonder somtimes huh?
I appreicate you being here for me?!
Erika
Hey, it's not a stupid sob story - it's what we all are going through or have went through recently.

I know the depression thing, beleive me cause it hit me about 4 days ago. I come out of it in about 2-3 days and then things just turn around on me. What about you.

Are you still using or are you in detox mode? Have you been able to get any exercise? Also, are you using the recipe?

Think of all the great things in your life but most of all, try and think about something outside of you. Post some responses to the others here who are using and you will find some relief from the depression.

Pray that God will tell you why you ended up here, and finally, all evidence from everyone here suggests that each day gets a little better than the last...

God's Grace to you Erika. Hope you feel better soon.

Rex

Your crying and I'm smiling! I think I found my long lost twin sister! I too was a cookie baking, homework helping, project making, problem solving, over permissive super mom! For about ayear then it was all down hill. Doesn't that suck? It's good you stopped now, by the time I quit sex was the complete opposite. I didn't want to have sex at all anymore, I was numb and it wasn't worth the struggle if you know what I mean. Now, well lets just say my husband has been much more attentive and he seems to smile alot!

As far as when you'll feel better you should be getting spurts of some uptime within a few days maybe even tommorow. Its a gradual thing and at about a month clean you'll just realize you feel better and are more motivated to do things. There will still be some down times especially first thing when you wake up, I hated that! I wanted a pill to get me going so I could get the kids ready, pretty soon though coffee was enough.  I relapsed after 8 monthes clean from a rehab for a short period because I honestly believed my kids should have a happy mommy for just one night. I thought there was no way I would relapse after what everyone had done for me while I was in the hospital. I was full blown immedialtely but I crawel into a meeting 6 weeks later, cried my eyes out and someone referred me to an addictionologist who detoxed me and put me on an antidepressant Zoloft and wellbutrin)and Ritalin, yes I abused it some, of course, but I didn't need it like opiates. I don't know if thats really what helped but I haven't had that horrible defeated feeling since then. Bad moods, yes. Tears, yes. Ups and downs, yes, but not extreme like before when I'd get a rush of euphoria then a horrific fall into depths of pure agony sometimes to the point of thinking I wanted to die. I have become much more balanced, you know, the way we are supposed to "feel", sometimes good, sometimes bad, but, I have laughed so more since I've been clean than I ever did when I thought I was that supermom person. I love to laugh and my kids are hysterical (when they are not getting on my nerves)it feels really great to be normal again. So hang in there a little bit longer you will see life is so much better clean. I promise. How old are your kids anyway? I have to log off but I will post again later tonight. Remember to breathe deeply when  craving hits it will pass in just a few minutes you'll see.
Mine says he can't understand why I can't just quit and why am I not the same person anymore. I have too much of an insecurity to test the waters of would they be this way if they thought they were going to lose us? Unless you are taking in the life sense and not just the relationship sense....then I think if yours has the personality like mine then he would say I was just another crazy woman...(he has an ex-wife that I think was/is bi-polar)I think he is de-sensitized....Don't get me wrong he is a sweetheart deep down and would never intentionally hurt me but he is somewhat numb to feeling emotions. I have known him for 8 years but have only been involved for 2. He is not my spouse legally but we live together, just thought i would explain that.
I too feel as though I found my twin as far as wanting and thinking I am supermom with the homework, desert and a bed time story every night. I got goosebumps when you said the word balance because that is what I want now. Not the high if the really, really low has to come with it. I want the good with the bad, not the really, really good with the really, really bad. Does that make sense?
God, everything you said is identical to what Im going through. Weird. Yes, my husband is just like that. Why cant you be like when I first met you? Always, he says, I want Erika back. Ya, well I do too. Its not that easy is it? I can really relate to you. Promise me we wont loose touch?! I feel like I can talk to you and you understand. I appreciate you listening and responding. It means ALOT to me.
Erika
I promise I won't loose touch with you!!! I can't always get to the computer much at night because "he" uses it alot and isn't really thrilled with why I am using it right now. But I just got laid off my job and have days avail to chat. Some nights up until like 9 or 10 but mostly days. By the way, my name is Tammy and it is very nice to meet you....
Rex - How's the back bud!

lifeisbetter - Spent the weekend in New Orleans with my daughters dance company, did not go to Bourbon Street once! Must be getting old! (did go to the casino)How have you been?

Erika-Ann, Vicqueennomore - Hang in there ladies, I've lived you life from the man's side and I'll admit y'all have it tougher dealing with the kids than we do. Keep posting, everyone here is thinking about you!

teeitup!
I'm so glad the Recipe worked for you. It is hardwon knowledge not only from my 31 years of addiction, but from many other addicts as well. It's about time we started helping each other. I'm not Bill W. by a long shot, but it's easy to see that society as a whole chooses to shame us, demonize us, stigmatize us, incarcerate many of us and profit by detoxing the rest of us. We're everyone's favorite dog to kick and no one's hero -- well, almost no one's hero ... (thanks for your kind words).

So, two weeks. That's huge! If you can, use that L-Tyrosine "bump" to get into some mild aerobic exercise. That will stimulate the release of endorphins and help you recover more quickly. That's a GOOD addiction to have!

Thomas
Thanks again!!
I will take your advice as well as beleive it or not my same dr that prescribe for so many years told me to do and that is exercise to release the endorphins a chemical that vics use to release. He called it simular to what they call a Runners High...
Thanks!!!
I totally understand the whole mom thing and trying to do the right thing and survive without "mammas little helpers". It is the pits. Stay strong go to a meeting if you can find one...I prefer AA to NA (NA people I have a hard time bonding with for some reason, younger more rough feeling croud for me) but I have found wonderful help through AA which is filled with just as many addicts as alcoholics...they see it all as the same...unless you live in the boonies and they are real old timers and not hip to our generation...I have friends who live in a small town and they have the hardest time finding young people in AA. But it is a great way of life and it will give you like this forum instant new best friends who have been what we are going through and want to help...GOD does AMAZING work there!!! God Bless you all...I am going on day 8 I think...the only problem is the mental anguish
Elizabeth
Mom of two 7 & 12...BTW I told them I take meds for my back and I am coming off them for a while to see how I do without them and that coming off them is hard stuff..and I need extra help with patience... :)
it's nice to see all the relating and compassion and love
throughout the post here today.
just wanted to wish everyone a good day.
it is really encouraging to see so much positive reality.
it really helps us all, we are all in this together.
we have so many ties that bind us together.
peace-------------hippy-------------michael
I wasn't going to do the meeting thing because NA is very, very difficult to attend in my area...not really around here but AA is all over(I think) so maybe I will look into that...thanks for the insight on that and also about the being a mom and having mom's little helpers but creating a life without them is what I am looking forward to doing!!! This is the first day I have actually wrote something instead of just reading and I do see a light at the end of the tunnel, dim but a light....
Hippe...yes it is amazing to read these threads....it gives me love I know God intended people to give to anyone that needed help[...that is what I love about AA is you walk in and feel home..for the first time...and you are embraced by p[eople who are ready to do anything to help you and love you through it...just like they got..this forum is my AA online....I was saved here!!
This has been my AA/NA and I am thankful to all of you even the ones that I haven't chatted with but have read their threads and learned that I am not alone, a freak, a loser, a bad mom, a bad partner, a bad worker and I will learn that each day with you all, my new found friends and co-partners in recovery.....
I want to thank everyone for their support and kind words. I'm taking alot in and truly amazed that there arent any bad post's. I'm still not sure if I will ever feel better but I'm reading that it is possiable to live without those pills, thanks again for this forum and to all that come here. Peace2all Rob
To All:

You people are amazing.  I have been reading the posts here for a few months now, and I love how you support each other.  

I had a few major ortho. surgeries over the last 16 months.  Fortunately, they were a success and I can walk pain free again.  Unfortunately, I will shortly have to detox from hydrocodone.  I tried tapering a few times, but it has never worked.  I would look at the time I still had to go through the taper and lose hope.  I am going to go cold turkey in about two weeks.  I will be out of drugs at that time.

I can totally relate to Erika and Vicqueen.  I got sober from alcohol a little more than six years ago, when my first daughter was only a baby.  AA nearly killed my marraige.  The meetings, books, change of social life and change in my own personality all put a huge strain on my marraige.  I slowly left AA and replaced it with more family and community functions.  My wife hated AA and the whole process of getting sober.  She has a hard time seeing addiction as a disease and treats it as a character flaw.  I am very scared of going through the process again.

When I am on Hydro, I turn into Super Dad.  I play Cinderella and Barbie, read Harry Potter etc...  I also take over most of the chores with the kids (baths, playdates, homework help...)  Basically, all my time at home is spend with the kids.  It is a lot of fun, and I am scared of losing that.  When I have tried to taper, I too got very moody.  I would yell, scold and look forward to going to work so I could get away.

I (hope) am planning to post much more once I start my detox.  Thank you all for your honesty and thoughfulness.

Kevin
Are you taking and crying or what? Crying is an essential part of wd's because we are so pitiful and don't want to give up our "toys." Go ahead and cry.Forget the suicide demon! Cast him back to hell.
  I found when coming off Lortabs I would sneeze like crazy. Many of us fanatics believe we are expelling demons when we sneeze ,yawn and so forth. I'm praying for you. It gets better.I've been there and hope to stay this time.
       B'Belt
how are you doing , great i hope , im doing good , i have been lazy past couple of days and that is dangerous for me , so i going to start a fire underneath my ass and get it to the gym , hope i dont drown .the best to you and the people here.
Yes for the first 7 or 8 days you really wont be super dad or husband BUTTTTTT It does get better and easier.. Im going on day 11 and I work with prescool children and Im enjoying them even more than I did with those little demon pills in me!!!!!!!!! I too was on vicodin for years plus percs. or whatever I could get my hands on. Just to keep me so called normal.. Well I feel soooooooooo much better already that I cant believe it. Your wife just doesnt understand the mind of an addict. Your not alone there either. My live in boyfriend of 14 yrs, doesnt either. We just have to beleive in ourselves and put our lives in Gods hands and he will take our hands and guide us down this path of recovery!!!!!!!!!! And along the way if we can help others we need to take their hand in ours and all kep on the path..  ill be praying for you and your family my friend.   post and let us know when your ready were all here for you.         God Bless........     J.E.W.                    P.S.I could not taper either, if I had em Id take em..............
Glad to here your ok. Get that fire going and get off your ass so you dont get depressed my frind.. NO DEPRESSION ALLOWED  !!!!!!!!!!! Its to bad for us at this time in our lives. Take care........       and God Bless..............                J.E.W.
I really beleive that all things happen for a reason. We're all posting here tonight for a purpose more than just support, we just don't know the real significance of it yet, but someday we might. Isn't it comforting to know that there are people here in all stages of addiction and recovery? Early on I craved talking to someone who was either at the same stage or a little farther ahead than I was. At 13 monthes I still have so much to work on and its great to have you all as sounding boards. I value each and every one of your comments to me, even the not so nice ones, I learn alot from them as well.
    I still have alot of things that I think I can't do like "normal people". The difference between the early part of recovery and the next stage where I'm at is that I just have a little more experience "dealing" with things without drugs. I also have become painfully aware of some of my faults. The good thing is I can work on them in my own time. I know my biggest problem is being selfish with my time. Sometimes I find it much more rewarding reading what you all have to say than it is doing the mom/wife thing. I guess it does go in spurts though. Other times, when I see one of my kids do something for the first time, grinning with pride while making sure mommys watching or when they score a goal in soccer, etc. it is those moments that make me feel like being a mom is the greatesst thing in the world.
    They say when you quit using, you are emotionally the same age as you were when you started trying to escape your insecurities, troubled family, physical or emotional abuse etc. Doesn't necessarily mean drugs either. My first escape was music and books I could go in my room and forget that my brother just molested me again and got away with making me feel to ashamed to tell, we all have our own "baggage". The older I got the more I needed to do to distract me...from me. Now at 37, I'm probably around 20 emotionally. I still think of myself first but now I am at least aware of it and it really makes me uncomfortable. Of course addicts need to feel badly enough about something in order to change. So my point is don't be hard on yourselves. Growing up takes time. Fortunately its not nearly as long a road as it was when we were physically growing up. I figure I've aged 5 years in about 1, so I'm doing ok. I finally believe its ok  not to be perfect and not everybody is going to like me. My husband got the brunt of my anger and my feelings were so up and down at the early stage of recovery I'm surprised he didn't just leave, I almost dared him to really. I should give him a break and appreciate the fact that he stuck around, I guess he really did support me after all, but I'm not ready to tell him that yet. I know he's not the one to blame for all my problems but it sure is easy to blame him anyway. I still don't know why that is. We have learned the words I'm sorry though. Thats progress right? I like getting up in the morning now and I love learning how to live. In all honesty guys, life is getting better and better. So don't give in to this depression your feeling right now, you would miss so much out of life. Keep going day by day, it is all so worth it and I wouldn't change anything because it got me here and I'm enjoying the journey finally. You all have been a great help.
Hey Rex,
Sorry I missed your calls last night. I was out to dinner with my beautiful fiance. We had a really good night...after I finally caved & took a pill. I figured, O.K. I'm seeing "trails" from the intense pain. I can't describe the pain I was in yesterday afternoon. I literally started shaking & sweating & couldn't handle it anymore. It's only been a few days since my surgery & as most of you know I had some more titanium screwed into my ankle. I REALLY tried to go all day without the meds but HAD to take one. Instantly felt better. I KNOW that the meds are used for a reason but I needed to make sure that I only took one when I ABSOLUTELY NEEDED ONE. So far this morning, I've taken another pill only after waking at 4:00 am on the verge of tears. Thank you Rex for checking in on me. To everyone out there; Rex has gone above & beyond to make sure I was doing O.K. We have been in pretty close phone contact & he's a GREAT guy. Deeanna, my fiance thanks you as well. I hurt pretty bad this morning but will manage. Also Rex, I found my Mom's cat...He's gone. I found him on the side of the road. My poor Mom is HEART BROKEN. Pray for her speedy recovery as I know you prayed for the return of her cat. It broke my heart to tell her I found him & he was gone. Had to have my cousin scoop his poor little body into a box & take him to the shelter to be creamated.

Anyways,
  How are you doing this morning? How was that Disney movie? Pretty deep stuff huh?

FINISHED!!
Day 15, wow!! I feel just a little bit better, right now. Someone said yesterday that the cravings still happen but they pass each day quicker than the day before. I think that is true. I agree with yesterdays threads were wonderful and yes there was a purpose...I have been reading these for 2 weeks now and never read anything about feeling like a "super mom or dad" and the fear of losing that when the "parents little helpers" are gone. Lifeisbetter....you gave me hope that I will soon find that "balance" of good and bad in parenting and in life.
I also beleive that our age stops at the time of when we tried to escape, I too escaped into my room hiding behind Cat Stevens and whoever else could sing a sad and depressing song that I could relate to. Molestation being the culprit also. I have to learn all over how to deal with things and not escape from them. It's hard to do when you are 40 years old but you stopped growing emotionally at 12.
Kevs...I am sorry for your suffering as some of us know first hand how unsupportive a partner can be when they look at us as having a flaw and not a disease. That was well said and so true for some of us. Keep posting &/or reading this does help, everyone here is great!!
Erika, how are you today???
Glad to here your doing sooooo well. All that pain and not abuseing is great. You have so many friends praying for you. I have NO DOUGHT youll make it. You have already come so far with so much that your bond to get better and better..........               God Bless..         J.E.W.
What would I do without you guys? That is my question. Thank you so much for your support. I really need it right now. Im really down and sad right now. I cant think straight and my arthritis is really bringing me DOWN. What I need right now is just your support. SOmeone to talk to. I thank you so much and wish I could give you both a hug. (((((((hug))))) Thanks for being on my side. I will write more later. My fingers hurt soooo bad right now.
Love, Erika
I really feel for you, I am just an addict, no more pain in my life and everyday is a struggle still. I couldn't imagine w/d and still having pain. My prays are with you...I hope you feel better soon and are able to wrtie soon, I always look forward to hearing from you. How's Mr. Wonderful being today? I told mine that I have been chatting now and he may or may not be releived that he doesn't have to hear about it so much now but at night he takes possession of the computer so I am only avail during the day except on Tues., he has band practice (yeah!!)
Feel better soon!!!
Hey, write me at my email at ***@**** so we can talk back and forth. I really dont want to loose you as a friend. Mr. wonderful is being a *******. All we did was fight last night! Hes a definate *******.! :(     ALl I did was cry. I really needed your email today! Thank you...... Luv=-Erika
hey fellow junkies--

anyone member me? oxy, morphine, percs, vics, hell anything i could get for the past 7 yrs. strung out bad. thought the world was over. i'll never feel better again....ahhhhhhhh
  well,.........47 days my good friends. feelin like i can whip the world. take it from me.....ya gots ta go to the depths of hell, suck it up, hurt like you never hurt before, then.......................SUNSHINE my good people. IT..............DOES........GET............GOODDD!!!!!
Thanks for your post. Its so nice to here it does get better. Keep up the good work and keep on going forword.                 God Bless....        J.E.W.
You are who I have been wanting to hear about...someone saying it does get better when you stay clean....it is because you are junkie free and not cuz you won the lottery or something, right???
Good for you and keep up the good work, I will remember those like me when I am days ahead like you!!!!
HEY TOM!!!
I remember you.... 47 days....HOLY **** BUDDY...GREAT JOB!!!

The last I talked to you, the struggle over your supplier coming to town, and 600 percs was being played out.

So nice to hear from you again....fill us in.
How'd you finally kick??
hey there--whats your evil lil lady? pain killers? let me know your situation. no maam, didnt win the lottery. hahaha but let me tell ya--it sure feels like i did. after bout 30 days, no more withdrawls. its a mind game now, and im winnin. its tricky tho---gots ta keep ahead. how far along are ya? i fell off the wagon 7-8 times before i finally got the brain figured out. i'll tell ya, i thought after 3 weeks that i would never be able to quit. it just kept hurtin. all fu--in nite. no sleep, parinoid, feelin of helplessness, deep depression, cronic (chronic) pain, stomach shot, very weak, scared something was going to happen and i wouldnt have my dope to handle it, scared of people, shakin, chills, sweats, feelin of vertigo, in and out of my body, cry for no reason, dribblin shits, dehydration, dry heaves, no appitite, chest cavin in, heart beatin 90 mph. head pounding, bad taste, strange smells, no sex drive at all, joint pain, trouble breathing. i thought this **** would never end. during all this, i held 500mg of oxycodone with me at all times. security blanket i recon. 7 days ago today, i thru them out the window. GOD that felt good. there was a time i wouldda ripped somebodys head off for those. so...........take it from one of the worsed addicts around..it does go away. it really does. i love you bunch a junkies.......let me help
tf
hey o'l buddy. member what you told me that day? you said that i knew what i had to do. you said you would support me either way.
  that was the post my friend........i owe you feller. thank you

tf
My evil is my addictive personality, the latest high was from 12-14 Vicodins ES a day. At one point Norco10/325, this all in 2-1/2 years just after a 2 year Vic habit 3 years prior. I went to rehab for 3 days back then in 97 or so checked myself out went home, woke up the next morning and bought a bottle of Vodka and drank for the next several months. Can't remember too much of how I actually got myself out of that and became clean for about 2 years. Don't remember what "being clean" was like, people that know me say I was a better person, can't remember...
As for right now i am now ending my 15th day of freedom from hydros of any kind, using the Thomas Receipe during the day and about every other night a soma if I struggle to sleep.
Nose stuffed up, still sneezing, some anxiety from habit of using before I make a phone call or surf the net or start dinner or go to work or stop one thing and start another. It could only be done when I took a pill.
You are an inspiration, I can't wait for the freedom of cravings and these petty little w/d symtoms (symptoms). I sound selfish because others are going thru it bad right now but sometimes my tolerence for dealing with them diminishes.....
MY HUSBAND WAS ON MANY MEDS FOR 2 YEARS AFTER 8 SURGERIES AND A MORPHINE DRIP AND VIC SUPPLEMENTS.  HE WENT INTO HOSPITAL AT ADVICE OF PSYCHE DR. DR DID NOTHING, BUT GIVE 2 1MG ATIVAN AT BED, NO IMMODIUM, NO UPPERS OR DOWNERS DURING DAY.  DR SAID "WELL YOU'VE DETOXED BEFORE, YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE AND I'LL GIVE NOTHING BUT 2 ATIVAN AT BED"  SO HE'S HOME NOW. ANY IDEAS HOW TO MAKE W/D A LITTLE EASIER.
ANGEL
i understand kid-- if ya need 1 on 1 help, email ***@****
this address is open to everbody here. just cause im clean, i aint leavin my pals. but helpin helps me. dont get me wrong folks, im still one of the worsed addicts here. i just aint takin the evil.
i'll "itch" the rest of my life..just caint scratch
tf
Thanks!!! Like I said, you are helping me know that there is hope without reverting back to my old way of rehabing, Vodka. I hope that I too can help others as my recovery progresses as well as get the support I need from my fellow addicts.....
Here's another idea of my addictive personality. I use to smoke 1-1/2 packs of cigarettes a day. I kept getting sick so I quit and used the patch and then the gum. I chew the gum, Nicorette or the generic equal (less $$$)that was almost 3 years ago. Have you ever heard of anyone addicted to the stop smoking gum??? For that long???
Anyone???   Anyone???
dam kid, recon you do have the "personality"
ya know, i tried the patch........it kept tearin my lips up when i took it off
then tried the gum........had trouble keepin it lit

little humor there people........uh, very little

where y'all from?

little town next to the mexico border here in southern arizona
heehee, I needed that smile and chuckle, thank you.....
small little town in the way west suburb of Chicago...It's colder than a witch's  --- here.....
yeah, freezin here too. hell, its all the way down to 67 right now ;)
tell ya what, if ya get real down, need ta talk with someone who knows..520-387-5071 call collect, hell im savin so much money bein clean i can afford it. :)
Oh you poor baby, down to 67 geez it's 10 below at least here right now.
I will reserve to these forums for now and or emails but I really appreciate the number and I will put that in a handy location just in case.....
I really liked hearing it gets better....
some day I may be a medical experiment for the gum or the first lawsuit...heehee
Everyone sues these days don't they????
10 below???? hell, if ya get ta "jonesin" just walk outside. that outta kill any pain in ya.
hey....the lawsuite sounds good. we'll go in tellin them your addicted, and i'll show em my torn up lips. we'll make a million.
dam, buy alot a dope with that, huh??? NOT!!!!
hang tuff my friend, you got 15 days? your truely a queen for that. its time to talk to your brain. its fooled into not producing the natural opiates. remind it to get in gear, your not doin its work no more. back in the day, i wuldda told anyone there full a **** and boilin over if they told me i would feel normal again without the"evil" today...im tellin other folks that very thing.
hell....look at kieth richards//living proof, drugs dont kill haha
God be with you---
tf
There's Ozzy too...ya right??? Tell me he's no longer using...
Anyway, thanks for your insight and humor, I needed it!!!
Keep supporting us newbies and people like you will be heros for those like me who can then become heros for others and so and so and so....
you have a very good heart my friend. you will become the "hero" you say i am now. Tammy, this will become the hardest thing you will accomplish in your life. You will become physically stronger, mentally able to handle ANYTHING that the good Lord throws at ya. After this, nothing can hold you from bein the real you. If anyone has a problem with who you are after the "evil" has left you, then they never knew you in the first place.
Right now your scared. Its ok partner, we all are at this point. Its the nature of the beast. Remember Tammy, this is a cowardly beast. It feeds off your weakness. I decided a while back that this beast would not rule my life no longer. I was so tired of it. There was a time when I thought the only way to rid the evil was to blow it out of my head with the only two friends i thought i had left......Smith & Wesson. Then i figured, this is exactly what the beast wanted. I was bucklin down to the devil. the devil would dream of me all day, i would dream of him all nite. However, in my dream, i never made that "deal" This is where i won. It hit me like a ton a concrete. Its simple, just say no to the evil. the devil kept messin with me, makin me hurt. this made me madder and madder. the madder i got, the easier it was to shout at the beast. "in jesus name, be gone from me you lo-life no good, rotton s.o.b", i would chant over and over. eventually, the evil was gone ---------

tf
Sorry to here the doc is so uncaring. Really there isn't much to do other than tough it out. There are other drugs to help to aliviate some of the symptoms but the worst is over in a few days. Check out the Thomas recipe...I hear that works great. Lots of water, exercise & true commitment are the best weapons we have. So arm yourselves people...it's time for WAR!!!!

FINISHED!!
Having been on what I call VIC for near a month you all are scaring me a bit here !! I dont think I am addicted to them but should I run to my DR and tell him I want off now and get something else ???? They had started me out on Darvacet and didnt do much good then to regular strength VIC and I have been taking the ES for near 2 weeks now and they just said no more so back to geular VIC any counsel from you all who have been there !! Thanks
I think we would have to know a little bit more about your injury/pain, etc.

I can tell you that most painkillers are supposed to be used for short duration (2-4 weeks tops).

Is that where you are?

Rex
Yes started them on about the 15th  of December ! I had had percocet before as I had 3 discs removed and fusion then I have fibro and the Dr put me on Ultram 50mg 3 times a day couldnt take that because it made me very sick to my stomach so he moved me to Ultracet 37.5-325 2 tablets 3 times a day I was on that till they thought I was having appendicitis and no they havent got a clue whats going on after 6 weeks of tests !! They started me on the Vic regular strength 2 every 6 hours then as it got worse I went to VicES 1 or 2 every 3 hours now they dont want me taking that much so I am now back to 1  or 2 every 4 hours as needed ! I had no idea that so many different meds were so addictive wow where have I been hiding for 53 years !! I can go all through the nite now without getting up to have them but they are the first thing I grab in the morning as the pain is really rolling after that long with no meds I really need to shake this out all these dear folks thought they were being helped and what it has done to them I think the way you all encourage the people here is great glad I found it and thanks Rex for taking the time to ask !!!!
Some people (maybe even most) can take drugs as prescribed. Is this you?

Two questions to ask:

1) Do I have an addicitive personality?

2) Am I taking medications as prescribed and for real pain

If the answers are NO and Yes, then you are using the meds for what they are intended for, right?

You may want to get a second opinion on your phys problems.

Just becareful with the vicodin - very powerful and can turn you into a slave!

Will pray for you..

Rex
Thank you Rex and I am sure glad I found this forum and it really gave me a startle !!! I dont think I have an addictive personality not sure ! I do smoke but dont touch and alchohol at all not sure if the smoking makes me that type of personality or not . I get very uncomforatble at times but the pain is somewhat better than last week so I am now taking only 1 VicES every four hours I will soon be out of the ES and have just the regular and ill try to get by on just one of them
I will kep watching this forum what a great way for folks to help each other and its good to talk for sure lets folks they are not in this alone you all have a good thing going here and again Thanks Rex
Rex has all of the answers & knows the right questions to ask. You seem to be alright at this point but the one thing that scares me is this: Before taking Vicodin ES, I was NEVER addicted to ANYTHING in my life...well except adrenaline. When I first took Vikes for an injury, I took 10 or 15 out of a bottle of 60 with 3 refills & threw the rest away. This happened for about 4 or 5 years of injury after injury. Then one day...I took as prescribed...4 a day becuase the pain from a torn rotater cup was immense. Then it stopped working. Self medication took over & 2 years later I was up to 10 to 20 Vicodin ES a day. I believe that addiction can come from a variety of sources. Learning addiction is where I ended up. This may not be a well supported opinion on this board but I know me & I know my history with meds, drugs & alcohol. I abused a few of these in my youth but never became addicted to any. Please be VERY CAREFUL in your intake of any medicines. They can grab ahold of your very soul & strangle every ounce of restraint, morals & happiness from within. You sound like you're in good shape for now & I AM trying to scare you. You SHOULD be scared. Vicodin ES is the devils tool when used incorrectly. You WILL become tolerant & you WILL begin to self-medicate if you're not aware of the risks. I will pray that you have the strength to manage your meds & not be posting here 3 months from now asking how you got yourself into the mess we have all gotten into.

FINISHED!!
Thank you all and thank you finished for what I consider very wise counsel and I will do just that see the Dr Friday maybe there is something can work just as well without all the danger I will continue to watch this forum I think you all have it together here as far as helping each other out and thats awesome
No the physical withdrawals do not last that long (varies depending on the drug, duration of habit and you) .  But u have stuff in your fat, etc stored.  Also the effects the opiate had on your body and brain systesm like halting your dopamine production  ( that feel good hormone we all need)  wil effect you for a good while and u feel the depression an d malaise everyone talks about. It take s time for your brain to get back to normal.  Can be months.  Exercise, good diket, prayer or meditation all help to speed up the process.
Its a long haul back to normalcy.. if there is such a thing!
Peace!
Suzie
It's too bad it isn't only as long as it shows up in a **** test. I really don't think I have physicals too much anymore I think it's the beast of the cravings that I am fighting. I am taking the Thomas Recp so I think the depression is coverd with that because it really hasn't been that bad, but maybe it hasn't hit yet. Would of it by now after day 16? There is one thing that I do struggle with is the sex drive is gone, is that normal or is that too personal to ask on here?
Thanks for letting me know about how long it stays Suzi....
Tammy
Hey welcome indeed...pretty cool you found this site before you were truely on a road of a bad addiction...it can happen. Hey tell me about your disc surgery? I have a buldging disc and a herniated disc in L4 L5...going for an block on tuesday thinking of surgery if that doesnt help...so I am interested in your experience and what your condition was with your back...glad your here!!
Looks like a busy day at the forum, great to see so many people in the world still give a **** about each other.

Hadn't slept in days, the trip to New Orleans for my daughters dance comp. last weekend toasted my body, to much driving and sitting. Still hanging a 2 ES's a day and a butt load of hot baths.

Everyone keep posting, venting whatever just don't give up. Being mad, sad or whatever is better than being numb! Good to see your post Thomas03.

teeitup!
I dont know what to do...my pain is so bad in my back...I called my doctor..those who dont know my back doctor called my reg doctor and they were accusing me of going to both for same problem..which I did NOT anyway now I cant get meds for my back...I am on day 11 maybe...I am going FREAKIN NUTS...my job is taking care of VERY small children which is making my back worse but it is what I have to do right now..anyway...I called my doctor today and BEGGED for them to help me just until I got my block done on tuesday...that ******* never even called me....I am sooo upset about that, not to mention...why is my addiction also feeling stronger than EVER....I am so on the verge of losing my mind...I cant stop crying...I cant concentrate and I need some advice...I would go tot he ER if I thought they wouldnt treat me like an addict...I know they will not help me so why waste money I dont have?? Plus I dont have my copy of my MRI...anyone had this kind of mental ****..after so long???
Thanks esmith 28 I had the surgery 3 years ago it was c4 5 6 and they were all bulging and it was really a kind of hurry up thing because there were spurs also pushing against the cord an auto accident or fall could have one alot of damage to the cord and so high up could have been a very bad deal for life ! I had all 3 done at the same time and i have no metal I did real good for the 3 years but started to have pain again in arms and shoulders and a recent MRI says I need to probably go back and have the metal and another clean up arthritis again so we will see I wore the Miami J collar for the first 2 months wasnt bad but if you need it done do it when its cool I had it done in summer bad mistake rubs on your skin and makes you sore !!! I was actually off the percocet in 10 days it was powerful but I didnt like what it did didnt sleep well and had wolves chasing me around the bedroom to boot ! Even with it not being right again the 3 years of relief from the pain was worth it ! God Bless Esmith 28 and I will continue to watch this forum lots of good folks here I can tell !!!!
Hello, all.  New to forum.  Thank God I stumbled across this wonderful place.  I have been using for 10 yrs and only just last few days realized I am an addict.  I had a series of five surgeries in 2 years and they always gave me Darvocet.  Then, since I still always had shoulder pain, I managed to always find ways to come up with scripts.  But it was "just because of the pain" and I bought into the old chronic pain sufferers don't become addicted line.

My use was always fairly mild, with the most recent doc only giving me 12 7.5 Lortabs a month.  Only after reading about withdrawals did I realize I don't have irritable bowel syndrome...I was going through w/d every month!!

Long story short-I had major ortho surgery done 8 weeks ago-brachial plexus neurolysis.  MAJOR deal.  I am on norco 10/325 12/day, neurontin, dilantin, and Celexa.  Whenever I talk with my dr about how I feel I am taking to much meds, he just says that we will deal with the addiction later, that my nerves are learning to be an arm again and as they learn new pathways, I'm not supposed to be in any pain, or the nerves will learn pain pathways.
Sounds like an addicts dream, right?

So now I think, great, and then I have detox to look forward to SOMEDAY after this plethora of drugs just for the asking and I still have to eventually have the same procedure done on the other shoulder!!  

This forum has already helped me so much.  I see people who are in recovery, people not ready to detox yet, people that are on their 6th or 8th or 18th try at quitting.  And we all speak the same language.  Wow and thank you all.

I am thankful that my daughter is a senior this year so that when I detox, she will be away at college.  I have told her all of what I have learned here.  Told her I was addicted to my pills and what I read about what to expect when I go off them, what my doc said about the pain, etc.  Thank God I can be honest with her.  I told my husband that I was addicted last night and he said that we will do this together.  I'm very lucky to have a supportive family.

Question:  since it will very likely be a year until I recover from this surgery, then still have to have the other shoulder done, would it be a good or a bad idea to join NA (or sounds like AA) now, or wait until I am clean?

Thanks for listening to me ramble!  Connie
Great post, I'm very impressed at the way you have been so honest with your family and mainly yourself. Can't comment on the group thing, I prefer this sort of therapy. Keep reading and posting, no doubt in my mind you'll take control!

teeitup!
I wouldnt recommend going to NA at all giving your obviously a woman in her atleast 30's..I recommend AA when the time comes..like Tee said this is your best best at learning about what you will go through and talk about where your at now...good luck...
Esmith28 - sorry for the bad days you been having, been thinking of you. I wish I could do more for you, hang tough, hit the warm baths and hopefully your ******* docs will come through!

Erika_Ann - sent you an email the other day, how are you?

teeitup!
Wow.. You must be in alot of pain. Listen to your dr. and when the time comes then deal with it. dont worry yourself now. Or you get depressed on top of your pain. As long as you realize now what these pills can do to you. You have your family,your dr. and everyone on this forum to help you when the time comes. Just make sure you take them for the pain and not the high.. I think youll do just fine.  Ill be praying for you..               God Bless...        J.E.W.
Your so sweet..thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts and encouragement...I just have to ride it out til my doctor comes through or until my block on Tuesday...Thank you again...
Wouldnt that be nice to be a kitty!!!! Mines spoiled rotten he thinks hes a human.... It would also be nice to be little again but know what we have done thus far so we wouldnt have to go through it all.. Oh the would ifs........How are you doing today? Just take it one day at a time...                         God Bless...      J.E.W.
Everyone:  Thank you already for the support!  I knew from reading the past posts that this was a special group of people.  Thank you.  I am humbled and honored to be a part of your lives.

I am 38 in April and have just the one child, live in Washington State.  I am very surprised to hear about some of the aspects of this addiction, like the legal part of it.  I mean, I kind of knew that I didn't want to go to the same pharmacy for different drs scripts, but I didn't really understand how the drugs were controlled until reading about it here.

I have gotten my wisdom teeth pulled one at a time to get more drugs.  I had my ingrown toes done to get drugs.  I've "fallen and sprained my back" before.  But I told myself it was to ease my shoulder pain.  Thank you everyone for posting and helping me admit to myself the truth.  I already feel like I have found a family here. Thank you.
Where at in Wa.are you? Im in Renton... Glad to have you aboad.. You take care. And keep posting....                      God Bless...   J.E.W.
I am in Tri-Cities for the last 5 years, but originally from Asotin, Wa.  Small little town down in the South Eastern corner of Wa state.  The town has around 1500 people, right on the Snake River, across the river is Lewiston, Idaho.  Jet Boats are made there, steelhead fishing abounds.  Very outdoorsy.  Small arms ammunition is made in Lewiston, and that is how I ended up this way.  Assembly line work for 11 yrs.  We all have a path to walk, I know that, but how I ended up working in a factory when I have a good brain and should have gone to school...oh, well.  I met a guy, had a baby, had to support the baby....had to work somewhere.  I worked my little wings right off.

I was a bank teller here in Tri-Cities.  But finally my left thumb wouldn't even "fire." I couldn't get it to move.  Makes it hard to count cash and add up checks.  People with discs herniated or slipped have drop foot, I had drop thumb!  

I have an absolutely lovely scar from my neck down to my armpit.  While they were in there scraping nerves, they also removed two of my neck muscles and a part of my first rib to relieve compression of the thoracic bundle of nerves.

I've noticed that the majority of the folks here started out with injuries of some sort.  Is it that the docs are just beginning to realize how addictive pain meds are or is it that patients are just beginning to feel like they can talk about it?  I also have the sense that a lot of the same docs that happily doled out the dope are abandoning their patients the minute they mention addiction.  How do we help change THAT?

Connie
Wow...I thought I had pain. Sounds like TONS of fun for a while huh? You hang in there. Addicts are addicts but pain is pain. We must figure out if our pain is warranted enough to risk the addiction. Sounds to me that yours is. Nerves SUCK!!! They always seem to hurt. Dumb nerves.

FINISHED!!
HI! Sorry I was having problems with my yahoo account. Its finally back to normal. :) Thank you for looking out for me. I look forward to when you write. Thank you...... Im hanging in there. My pain is under control for the day! Tommorow will be a different story. I will be out of pain med by the end of the day and Im scared to see what it has done to me since I went off everything last week. Im scared. I hate this damn roller coaster. Thats exactly what my life is. I hate arthritis. I just wish I could yank it out, take it out back and shoot it to the you know what!!!!!!!!!! UUUUGGGHHHHH...... Love ya--Erika
Wow you are in alot of pain.   As to the ?s. I have know idea. Your right though something does need to be done. Maybe all of us admitted addicts need to march up to the white house and ask the President what we can do.. Then wed have the ones that arent ready after us thinking we were ruining it for them!! Your right about some drs. dont want to here about it.. I had a clinic ask me to leave after a month or two giving me vicodin ES, Didnt ask if I needed help getting off of these just said your not welcome here anymore.. I guess there are drs. out there that do care too. I just never found one. I guess youd have to have good insurance or alot of money cause all of the specialist cost thousands of $$$$$$$. When I went to in house in 98 Thetotal bill was 6,000.00 I had insurance so I paid 1,000.00. But with no insurance its pretty scary... My prayers are with you my friend..  God Bless...     J.E.W.
HEY, BEEN READING THE POST AND HAVE A QUESTION. CAN DOCTORS JUST CUT YOU OFF COLD TURKEY AND TELL YOU NOT TO COME BACK? DON'T THEY HAVE TO AT LEAST WEAN YOU DOWN OR GIVE YOU A FINAL SCRIPT. ISN'T THAT CALLED PATIENT ABANDONMENT? I WOULD THINK THERE WOULD HAVE TO BE SOME LAW PROTECTING PATIENTS. I WOULD GO TO THE ER WITH THE LETTER THE DOCTOR SENT SAYING THAT YOU WERE NOT ALLOWED TO COME BACK, AND HAVE THEM GIVE YOU A MONTHS PRESCRIPTION TO TAPER OFF WITH.
To the best of my knowledge, which is admittedly limited, they can cut you off as long as there is no potential for bodily harm. We all know that the opiates are miserable to come off of but nothing more than that in most cases.

FINISHED!!
Here I was feeling bad for hoarding, but maybe I should.  My doc did say that they would taper me, but I'm still a hoarder.  Part of my gorgeous compulsive personality!  They give me enough pills for 12/day and I usually only take 10, so I have been sticking them away and getting the script refilled on schedule.  My old fear of being left out in the cold.  It's funny, when I didn't know where my next bottle was coming from, I took every pill I could get my hands on.  Now that I have an assured supply, I am stockpiling.  ???  I wonder how all of our behaviour would be if we didn't have to stress and fret about where our next "fix" was going to come from???  Interesting thought.  Of course, then would we ever quit?  I wish I were just a kitty worried about catnip!  sigh
JEW, thanks for asking, I had so-so day, very tired.  Spent lots of time reading the boards, catching up and figuring out who is who.  How many days do you have today?  Is it 17?  And you work with pre-schoolers and have grandkids?  I am looking forward to grandbabies someday.  Not quite yet!!

My husband and I had a wonderful night; we went on a date!  Out to dinner just us.  It was wonderful.  I am so lucky to have his support and the support of my daughter.  I don't know what I would be going through if I felt like I had to hide this.  I just feel very lucky to have found all of you and to realize that while, yes, I have legitimate pain, my body and mind are ADDICTED!!  I would never have realized/admited that I am an addict if it weren't for all of you on this forum.  I truly believe that you have saved my life by being honest and having a place to be honest.  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!  

I know I have a long road ahead with at the very least another 2 years of taking drugs ahead of me before I can even consider detox.  Thank all of you in advance for being my teachers, mentors.  I have something to learn from each and every one of you, even those of you who think you are failures or relapsed or needed or used (Kebby, YOU are my teacher, too) and Suzi and Tammy and Kent, and Erika and REx  and Tom and Son4 and Elizabeth and Blessed2 andJ.D. andteeitup andB'Belt and hippee and Oxy and Linda and want2behappy and all of those I am yet to meet.

One thing I want all of you who started down this road and didn't have pain to know:  Just because I am here because of pain, WE ARE NO DIFFERENT!!!  We got here through different means, but we are still both HERE.  The only thing different is I will always have to find a way to deal with the pain, I just have to somehow become more creative, that's all.  We both love that damn poppy plant.  It knows our name.  It knows where we live and how to find us.  Heck, I feel guilty for having a stash when I wish I could somehow help Elizabeth!!  But that wouldn't be helping her.  You CAN make it until Tuesday, Sweetie!  I believe in you!

Take care everyone, and thank you for being there for me.  Everyone of you are so awe inspiring.

Connie

Im glad to hear you got out for awhile. It does help alot.. You are right we are all the same no matter where we are on our journeies.. And no matter what kind of drugs we have or do use. A drug is a drug no matter where it comes from. Illigal or not there all the same.. No matter if we live jn a mansion or under a bridge.. An addict is an addict..   Yes I am a grandma xs.7and a half all boys too..(need a girl in there!!!!!!!!!) I do work with preschoolers. Its big day 15!! I feel pretty good..Some ups and downs and all a rounds but mostly good.. Ill be here for you hon. Ill try to answer as many ?s. as I can.      ill be praying for you too.  God Bless...   J.E.W.
I just wanted to give you my email so we leave space on the board.  I read in one of the other threads about there being some sort of issue a few months ago?  I would never want to offend.  Anyone who would like to email me is welcome as well.  Distraction always helps.  ***@****  Yes, we do ride, although not me right now!  Last summer we rode from Tri-Cities to Glacier Park.  Beautiful place!!

I am so proud of you, JEW, day 15.  WOW!!  I have been reading about how bad it can be for the first few days.  The desparation.  You were turned away from a clinic, correct?  Or was is pharmacy wouldn't refill?  So you had no stash?  How horrible.  Look how strong you are!!  You are AWESOME!  I don't know what will happen when the time comes for me.  I mean, I know I don't "have" to any time soon and will have a steady supply and I'm STILL hoarding.  How sick is that?  

Today has been a good pain day.  If I stay on top of the pain, take it as perscribed, I need less meds.  If I take two in the morning, then next dose can be 1, then 2 then 1.  I can cut out 4 pills that way and I don't feel so groggy.  Sometimes I get stubborn and feel guilty about taking so much meds and try to wait out the pain. Then the cycle gets worse.

So what are you doing for your pain?  Was it Uncle Arthur?  The west side is so darned damp.  I get so stoved up when we go to Seattle or Bellingham to stay with relatives/friends.

Anyone who wants to email, feel free.  It helps to have distraction.  My husband likes me to be distracted on days like today when I am feeling better and I try to do too much. :)  Love Connie >^..^<
You e'mail me I just started on computer when I started detox. I can get into it but still figuring out how to send..               God Bless...       J.E.W.
I am new to this and would like to know what the Tom recipe is. I am 34 days clean from opiates and it is HELL!!!!! but I have been told it may take 3 more months to a year to start feeling better without all the aches and pains.Thanks
***@****
I'm sorry I gave you all the wrong e-mail addy. It is ***@****
Thanks again,
melrose9126
The thread you posted on is 4 years old.. Please post your question on the main page in a new question so current members can see this post..

Also emails are not able to be posted on this site..
How do I get to the main page??? I am so new at this.
Thanks,
melrose9126
I have been on Loritab 10/500 for two years now, I have been taking them every 8 hrs, then every 6 hours, now down to every 4 hours, i only take one. However, i ran out of my prescription and i laid down tohgit and starting shaking, sweating profusely, and have the most horrible restless leg symdrome, i can not lay still in the bed. Have you ever felt this way? The anxiety is ok, i take xanax for chrinic anxiety, but the shakiness and sseats and chills are terrile, i stopped cold turkey too. I am being treated by a pain mgmt Dr, and i get 120 Loritab a month, seems lately i run out a week before i get a refill. The most i have ever taken is 4 in one day, is this a bad addiction? I guess i can answer that one myself. I am 55 years old, broke my back 30 years ago, had surjury, now i have two more herniated discs, pain meds and steroid facet and epidural shots are the only source of releif i can get. What is the Thomas Recipe, how do i find out so i can safely detox off these pills, and not go insane. Any help is needed here. Thanks.
i can't take it im gonna go take a pill and come back and talk to you guys
what's hapnin everyone?  i am now on day 12 cold turkey (for the most part) off of a 12-15 norco 10s per day habit.  i've been abusing for right at 2 years.  and these forums have helped me a great deal.  not just now, but also when i couldn't find anything and would only answer the phone if it were a pill call.  i know everyone knows what i am talking about.  i have never been a member, but would sit up and read what everyone was saying when sleep was not an option.  it really helped.  thank you everyone!  it is just good to know that i wasn't the only one sh*tting my brains out and feeling like hell.  not that i would ever wish the withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms on anyone, but you know what i'm saying.

so here it is.  day 12 the runs are gone for the most part and i'm somewhat functional.  but i don't feel normal by any means.  what i'm wondering is how long til the all day headaches, chills and dry throat will subside?  after being on the "good stuff" for so long, i can't find anything that will help!  does anyone have any suggestions?

thank you.  and i hope everyone can KEEP ON KEEPIN OFF!
I'm currently trying to get off Hydrocodes and have recently been getting them off the street.  I've been dealing with the withdrawals and have started to turn my life around...I've got a job interview coming up and was wondering how long does hydrocodone take to get out of your system?  Any help would be appreciated :)

I am new here. Just have a question, Today is monday, It has been 3 days since I have had a lorotab or percussett, I have the sweats, diarreah (diarrhea), but most of all I HAVE NO ENERGY, when will it get any better?
Jane,

this is a very old post. Please start your own so people can see it. Go to the top of this page and hit the post a question button.

Hope to see you out there.
I take four lortabs a day I drink over a gallon of water a day. My doctor
gave me a urine test and the test reported that i had no Lortabs in my system. I did miss a few day due to losing them so i dont know why the test came out like it did. can missing a few days and drinking over a gallon of water a day rinse out the Lortabs out of my; body
Please post this in a new post. You are posting on an old post. Post a Question at the top of the page.
wow, so many comments :-)

I would just like to answer the original question:

opiates and all their metabolites are normally out of the system within a few days, a week at most. Any traces being found are very low and would not normally be detected.

The reasons for the much longer withdrawal and the associated effects which can last weeks and months are two fold:

Your body adjusted its own production of "endogenous opioids" (meaning the heroin like chemicals it produces itself) while you were using in order to keep levels as close to normal as possible. This takes a while to reverse, which means that in the mean time you're left without your body's natural pain killer (or with very little of it).

The other thing the body does is turn up the processes meant to counteract this internal opioid system. Imagine two systems in the body, each balancing the other out. When you turned up the opioid one, the other system was turned up as well.

When the two effects above are combined, you're left with some serious pain, diarrhea, and everything else you've been feeling. The good news is that if you can keep them down, things like ibuprofen may help a little. Also, keep in mind that this is your body getting back to normal, think of the pain as the cost that will remind you in the future why you probably don't want to go back ;-)

Hope that helped,

adij

***** (Edited by MedHelp)
So this is my first time every writing on any site.  I have severe migraines and neck problems.  I just started getting out of control and my tolerence was getting way to high to vic.  I have gone 4 days now and I am finally starting to feel better.  I have had a great support system and I was the one that went to them. I never took the meds during the day though, but I could not wait to get home so I could feel good at night.  The thing I can't stand is the everyday pain.  I am using to much Imitrix (for my migraines), which at the rate I am going it may give me a heartattack or stroke so I don't know what to do.  I started physical therapy again, but I have tried everything for the pain!  I have paid thousands of dollars out of pocket trying experimental procedures.  If I have to go back to them (in more moderation) how long should I wait so I won't be taking 6-8 a day and 3-4 a time?

Glad I found this place, M

this is my first time here...it's wonderful to find people that feel my pain.  I take 4 lortabs a day - more than that make me feel very sick.  what worries me is that after a week in jail - the only thing I was looking forward was taking a pill - more than seeing my kids =(  I currently stopped dring vodka - but i would drink only 2-3 drinks at nite.  Am I making excusses or am I in trouble/denial?  i'm very scared that if i become sober - i would find out that i'm making a mistake on divorcing my husband (who put me in jail for attacking him), but that's because my daughter told me he touched her privates about 5 yrs ago.  it's very important to me to know if i'm making a mistake or i do have a valid action/excuse?

i'm extremely sad and lonely, because CPS decided to return my kids to my husband, because my daughter got scared and said that he never touched her =(((((

helpless
Hello everyone, i am a first time reader of this sight, actually of any online stuff like this. I have been a habitual user of one drug or another for the past 5-6 years. As sick as it sounds i always knew i had a problem, i just always thought that i would deal with it when "that day comes." Well that day is here. I recently got married to a woman i have known for 7 years. We dated for 3-4 and then got married. She always knew i was a recreational user as she would smoke marj. every now and then. My problem has recently become very very suvier, i dont want to do anything. I dont want to go to school, i dont want to work, i dont even want to go outside. I used to be mr. do it all, always being involved with sports and outdoors. Not only has my addition begun to rule my life, it has completely taken it over. I have tried several times, unsuccessfully to stop. This thing is running me dry. I have no drive, determination, energy or money because all of my is now revolving around junk. Any sort of pain pill i can get my hands on is going in my mouth or up my nose. I know that i am rambling on and this really might not even make since or go anywhere when i get done writing but its crazy how good this is making me feel already. I cant talk to my wife about this because she cant understand it. I have been caught in lies, going to dealers houses and even in the process of getting my fix. Over the past several months things have just gotten worse, i cant communicate with her without getting soo frustrated or just outright mad and im not mad at her, im mad at myself. I want nothing more then to rid my body and mind of this devil that has its grip wrapped tight around me. I just want it to let go. I want to let it go but i just dont know how yet. Reading these stories and seeing how many of you have gotten as far as you have is an inspiration for me, it makes me want to do better. It shows me that there is some sort of hope out there, even if i cant see it yet, there is hope. I just hope and pray that i have the strength to get there. I hope that i can one day quit and leave this devastating time in my life behind. I hope that i can do this and i hope that my wife will still be behind me b/c right now i dont think that she is. She has these pent up emotions towards me that she won’t let out and im actually afraid that if she did let them out what might happen between the two of us? I love my wife with every ounce of life and body, sometimes i just wonder if she feels the same? I wonder if i do rid myself of this thing will she still be there? Will it go beck to how it used to be? Will i become that fun loving, outgoing, good person that i use to be? Will she ever truely accept me back into her heart as she is in mine? These things i just dont know and i guess only time will tell. I hope that i havent bored any of you with my sob story but it just really feels good to get this out b/c there isnt anyone i would truly feel comfortable talking to about this. I dont want to go to an AA meeting because i just dont feel like thats what i need. Anyway tomorrow will be day two and hopefully the next will be day three, that is all i can hope for right now. Any sort of criticism or hope or inspiration would be greatly appreciated because i know im not going at this alone but it really does feel that way right now. Thank you all for listening and i hope everyone can and will continue to try and kick. THANK YOU!!!!!
Welcome .This is a great place to get help and support.
However, this is an old thread and you may not get many responses.
Copy your post  and repost  as a new qusetion. Go to the top of the page and hit the post a question button.  Good luck..see you in the forum>
I have been married to my husband whom is a loritab and vodka addict for almost 9 yrs now. I have seen and lived thru some of the most hurtful,heartbreaking situations a wife could ever deal with concerning my husbands personality in such disgusting and embarracing humiliation to me ,as regarding other females and etc. I've raised two children whom are now teenagers and they will never have respect for their stepfather to what thev've lived in. As for me, I have never done drugs other than smoked pot when I was a teenager, about 35 yrs ago.I am 53 now. I have waited for changes,prayed for changes, and believed for our marriage he would change,but it never did. Today,I can say that I have spent so many years of my life so alone but yet married, and I don't see that he will ever see me more than what he has seen through his loritab and vodka addiction. I hope each person can continue to have the willpower and strength to go forward in their recovery.seeing how it destroys anything that was once good. I have lived thru this with my oldest son once,but he has been clean for about 12 years now. I am so thankful I have my child back again, however the damage between trust with my husband is gone, and I don't want to spend anymore time waiting for changes that will never come. I have spent so many years loving in hopes,but to everyone trying to do the right thing, please stay strong in it, as each day will bring new hope to someone who loves you dearly. My husband has chosen the loritab and vodka no matter what, and it has destroyed anything I wish to continue on with as in a marriage. I admire each of you for trying and please keep it up as it destroys so many others lives as well as your own.
I just wanted to say to you all, YOU ARE DOING GREAT, even if only 2 days without your "drug of choice" - that is wonerdful!!  I have been "clean" now for almost 2 years......I used to take 35 - 40 Lortabs per day (would have taken more but did not want to run out as quickly!)  I also had an opiate addiction 9 years ago, this was to Nubain and was a NASTY drug to get off of!  I myself am a mom of a 4 year old autistic child, I like the rest of you was once "supermom"  - I could play ALL DAY (and night!)   I must admit, I miss all of that energy even 2 years later NUT, the benefits of being sober far outweight anything else!  I could NOT stop using, no matter what i tried to do.  I found a drug called SUBOXONE (many of you may think this is cheating but....) for anyone who cannot stop taking these pills, it is a true blessing.  Suboxone blocks your opiate receptors and takes away your withdrawal symptoms - you do NOT get any high from them and they are not a narcotic.  For anyone who relapses OR cannot seem to stop, it is worth looking into this med.  I wish you ALL the best of luck and you are all in MY prayers!!!!!
i have been taking loratabs and perc. for about 4 months the last 2 and half months I have been taking 25-30 a day 10mm, i am trying to detox any help or things to expect? i hava a three y/o and 7moth old and seems i cant do this with responsability i have. I dont have much down time to help myself.
I have been clean for day 5 now. I still have a single dose I call my pacifier and I've not touched it. I have been taking NUMEROUS 10/650 hydros for about 6 years now and OMG it's a wonderful feeling to think I may be near the end of this addiction. I don't want to need them anymore. I miss feeling whole without a pill. I've got no support because nobody knows I relapsed 2 years ago when I swore that I had quit them. I only quit for 2 days and said I couldn't quit I needed them. This time it was a special feeling that overcame me. A sense of being ok without them and knowing they weren't going to rule my life. I've spent about 5-600 dollars a month on them for this long and I cannot pay bills because of them. That isn't why I want to quit them even. I decided that if I'm going to die I would rather it was later on down the road and not now. I feel very old at 29. There are days I don't want to get out of bed but yet I have to make myself. Now I get up at 5am because my body has all of this energy it doesn't know what to do with because I'm not exhausting it with pills. I hope all who reads these stories realizes they have this ability as well. You have as much energy as you create for yourself. Without the pills you may find you want to do way more.  I've also lost 9 lbs after quitting them. I don't have diarrhea but my bowels are definitely functioning so it seems to help in more ways than one. I have had a dependancy on laxatives for 6 years because of the dro's and now I know I don't need them anymore.
You have to do as a lady said earlier. When you have the craving, take a huge deep breath and continue to do it as the feeling hits. I usually have to breath heavy for about 40 seconds then I realize I can't let myself slip. I am so free. And you can and will be too. My yahoo name is the same if anyone needs to talk about this.  I work somewhere that might amaze you actually and have a lot more insight for one who might become vulnerable to something like this, since I help people like this every single day!

Disasterpeiced
Is there any way to get off the loratab alone wthout help from a doctor.  I have back pain for which I take mine, so I feel in a bind.  Sometimes I can go several days, and ignore the pain as long as it isn't very bad,  and then  I  revert back and start over.  The days I'm off I feel pretty good, and then sometimes my stomach hurts and I am very depressesd.  The pills stop the stomach pain.  I have even tried taking tylenol  trying to trick my mind??  How long does this stay in the blood. loratab 7.5/500?  any help appreciated
i am on lortabs/norkos/and 750's vicodine and been addicted already 3 yrs. it is terrible and u can feel withdrawls within 18hours after u stop taking them.i almost passed out because of withdrawls so i never been off them since 3 yrs ago. they stay in your blood for around 3days if you dont take as much as i do im up to 4.500 mg somedays and been trying to get down lower one day was near 6.000mg of norko's my bf was up to 12,000mg which his body became immune to and he got down to 4,000 mg now and one day he was with flu like i was and only took 1,000mg so you can do it and never say you can't. i have seen my guy friend take 10,000MG in one sitting and took that 4 times a day was up to 40,000mg of norko's and loratbs. it will kill you if you dont cut down im starting to not breath well and having sweats and hurting . it is a terrble drug and wish all you luck as well. im in need of help asap trying to go to a rehab with others to talk it over in person. im scared to get off and im scared being on them it is a LOVE and hate relationship with me and lortabs and norkos and 750's i had 5diff colors of vicodine,white blue pinks,yellows,teal, all in my jars. i felt great then they are gone and i get down when im coming off them it is Conciderd a form of HEROIN they are opiates and are a very bad addiction =( im not the type of girl that looks like a druggy either no one knows besides my bf who is a addict right along with me =(
When you get the poops from not taking any Tabs its your body getting back at you its mad that you are not giveing it anymore fill GOODS mine  was so mad at me when i quit i could poop through a screendoor and a fruitloop and not hit the sides it was so nice after me and mybody became friends again .
I just recently found out my daughter is taking Oxy, Roxy, Hydrocodone Perc's and if she dont have enough money($15 $20 and some $40) for these she gets the methadone. My daughter is 27 with 4 children 1,2,5 & 10. She started this about 6 mos. ago. Mind you this was my little girl who preached against this. Hated it! Formed her own JUST SAY NO GROUP! This was all thru school and up to last year hated drugs and what they stood for and wouldnt even take a Midol on her worst day! This is 1 of the worst days of my life! She denied it when I confronted her after 1 of her friends called me and told me YOU GOT TO DO SOMETHING! THATS WHY I AM TELLING YOU! SHE IS GOING TO KILL HERSELF BY O D OR THEM BABIES ARE GONNA GET HURT. So I talked to my 10 yr old grandson & he told me her boyfriend does drugs! But his mom dont! He said well she might because I heard her ask him how many pills he took he said 3 and then ask her and she said 1! He also told me she leaves him @ night with the 3 kids and says she'll be right back! I have them all right now! I told her I would keep them for the weekend! I want to keep them until she straightens up! He also told me that sometimes these  2 people stay with them (differ times) I know for sure they are on CRACK!!!!! if they want to go out but alot of times he keeps the kids! I GUESS WHAT I AM GETTING AT IS SHOULD I CALL DCF AND REPORT THIS BECAUSE SHE DENIES IT AND I DONT WANT THESE BABIES GOING HOME!! He told me they have no food sometimes the waters turned off for days because her boyfriend is useless and not worth the gun powder to shoot him with had every job and quit! Then he just lives off her child support with her. He doesnt mind her working hes just not gonna babysit! She doesnt work either because her check would go to daycare! UUUUGGGGHH!  I AM JUST DEVASTATED AND SO CRUSHED FOR HER ( By having this addiction) but she is grown but FOR MY GRANDBABIES CANNOT GO THRU 1 MORE DAY OF THIS! I ALSO FOUND OUT THE FATHER OF 2 OF HER KIDS HAS BEEN DOING COCAINE PILLS AND SMOKES WEED! NOW LOOK AT HER? My grandson is also very protective of his mom. But she told him if he tells anyone that she left him there with the babies HE WILL NEVER SEE HIS GRANNIE AND POP AGAIN OR HER OR HIS DAD! THAT DCF WILL COME IN AND PUT THEM IN A HOME WITH SOMEONE THEY DONT KNOW! I TOLD MY GRANDSON I AM SORRY SHE TOLD YOU THAT BUT GRANNIE AND POP WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU AND YOUR BROTHERS! PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE? I am not trying to be stupid but what I am trying to say is do we talk to her or DCF and keep the kids with us? By the way 2 of my grandsons dad travels with his job and takes care of them financially above and beyond but isnt somebody you can talk sensibly to about this because of his anger issues.
Sounds like she is in a vicious circle, she hates her life, low self esteme and she tolerates the B/F as she doesn't think she could do better in her situation.  So to kill the pain of her existence she turns to drugs.  Problem is they are expensive on the street and all the money goes to feed the habit.  My ex G/F is that way still, her and her roomate are both going downhill fast back on rent, elec gets turned off etc...  You have to feed the habit before anything.  With her I lost everything I had, house, furniture everything!!
You have to protect the kids at all costs otherwise they will end up all messed up.  You can't wake your daughter up she has to do tht herself, but please save the kids!
Help!  I am only on day two of no pain killers and it's killing me.  I have only taken things like vicoden, norco, lorasett, never have I done ocs but man, I am hurting bad.  I do have a bad ankle.  I find myself with tremendous mood swings, cold sweats, uncontrollable bowel movement.  I am a mother of two, one four and one one......I work full-time, take college courses at night.  I really need help and I don't want to go to the doctor.  any suggestions?
This is a very old post why dont you start a new thread so everyone will see it .Welcome :)
I just stumbled across this chat while searching for an answer to see how long vics stay in your system. I`m strung out again after being clean for allmost 3 years. I had a pretty bad heroin habit and kicked it when we were having the baby and also cuz i was serving an apprentiship where i was subject to random drug tests. Once i graduated to journeyman , i started chipping again. Its oxycontin now, and vics. I was reading all the old posts and cant believe im gonna have to go through this all over again. I remember thinking i would never stop craving opiates, but it really did allmost disappear. Then i thought i could use again without getting hooked again. wrong. I`m gonna get off again but now i realise that i cant use casually. I like the buzz tooo much. I know i`m not telling anybody in this chat any new story, but i feel like admitting this to some one might help meYa know. I`ll be writing in to get some support and maybe tell every body whats working for me. I know we could all use alittle help.
hello everyone one ill make a short story and lets see if somebody helps me...i am 20yrs old and i was in a really bad car accident 4 years ago and i still have alot of things wrong so yeah they put me on percs for a lil while but i was never addicted cause i took one here or there...but now i get a perscribed to take them every single day cause i do construction with my dad and i just hurt really bad after work  i take like 4-5 a day and been doing this for almost 2yrs now and i want to get off them really bad...when i dont have them im depressed and in really bad moods...ive been off of them for 2 days now and its getting really really rough i just need some one to talk to thats going threw the same thing cause i cant talk to my family about it cause they dont kno i take them like that..so someone out there please help and write me back thanks and i appreciate it....
This is a really old thread and not many people will respond because of that.  You should click the button at the top of this page that says back to forum and start by asking a new question.
Hi everyone  ive spent the last couple hours reading  about everyones experiences.im a norco addict ive been using for about 5 years it all started after a hernia surgery and then escalated from there .ive had some issues in my life that have caused alot of depression and lonliness also.it seemed to be a miracle drug for me  at the beginning atleast .i was able to quit drinking and it made the time pass and made me happy until i suffered the first withdrawls.it took me a while to figure out what the problem was. but to make a long story short im using way to much and im starting a taper tomarrow morning.i live alone and the depression and lonliness kills me during withdrawl (withdrawal) i have been taking 10 at a time and it barely does anything for me .i have tapered before but always with a very limited amount and way to fast. this time im going to take it slow starting at 5 tomarrow morning and evening and 4 the next day and evening and then three the next day .and i think i can handle that. but will have to stay at 3 for atleast a week  and then go to 2 etc .im on 10-325   then i have some 5-500 i plan on using after that .i want the withdrawls to be minimum. i have done it before sometimes cold turkey after 15 at once .i have to get my life back and it seems like there is alot of people here who care so if anyone would like to talk to me and help me thru it i would greatly appreciate it. i was going to check in to detox monday morning but decided i will do it this time .i have quit before once for 11 days and once for 15  .i know its not my drs fault but he just keeps feeding my habit i mean addiction.i have bad neck problems and need surgery but  i can handle the pain without narcs i just want them . but i am finished with the wasting of my life .i need to stop now    good luck to everyone else and congrats to everyone who has kicked it    Bill
Hi Bill,

This post began some six years ago and if no one sees it, it will return to archives.

Please go to the top of this page and hit the green "Post A Question" button. You can start your own post and get the advise you need.

Hope to see you out there.
hola....
wow i just got cought 4 takeing pills.. (hydro)
im addicted & cuz of my addiction i have to fly out to another state
to get away from all the drugs in the state im n now.
gosh.. being a teen and hanging at parties really screws ur life up.
now im a dissapointment to my family and my so to b called friends are laughing at me 4 trying to quit my addiction.
a lil bit of advice wld b a miracel cuz at this point i really need it...
thank you...
I have become addicted to Norco. My husband and I are both addicted. I don't know what to do. I'm taking Norco for Arthritus and a torn rotator cuff. I'm totally crying reading your stories right now and I too want to quit so bad. I'm a mom and I don't want to be on this emtional roller coaster anymore. My husband takes twice as much as me. WE BOTH HAVE A SCRIPT and we share. When he's running low he will take the last 10 and hide them from me. I'm so desperate I know I need to quit. I need help. I can't do this anymore. I have become angry becuase I know each time I take one of those evil bastards it's going to be harder for me to quit..............................................Crying right now!
I'm currently on day 7 with no hydro 10's or perk 7.5's its been the roughest I've ever withdrawn from any other drug. I was A wild teen and developed a high tolerance to everything. Yet hydro are the hardest to handel. I sit and cry my finance doesn't quit understand so I can relate. I was super dad until this passed week. I hurt from pain, withdraws, but most of all a failure to my girl and daughter. Its good to know I'm not alone. I just wish I could sleep and the anxiety and diarrhea would stop. Do any of u think a valium would help or is it a bad idea to take any pills? And also does anyone know how long it take to get back to normal after 3yrs of about 120mg of hydros or 40-80 mg of perks?
Thanks for listening!
if you can stop without suboxin you should it is harder to kick then pains, it really makes your skin crawl and the nervous feeling is unbearable to me pains are easier to stop.  trading one addiction for another is not the answer , just an opinion
Hello, I am 30 years old christian, who is very active in my church and community.Yet I have a secret that only a handful of people know, I am addicted to Vicodin. I buy them from a girl who lives in a different town then I and i buy her whole script every month for 300 dollars. That usually last me half the month, then I go to clinic after clinic for the rest.  I started about 3 years ago, and I dont even remember what is was like to not be on them. Other than the money situation, I cant think of any other good reasons to fight the devil with on the difference between being clean or on pills, Please help me. I want to stop.
Im new to this forum...I have read every single post, and am glad I did..I know I have a addiction to lortab, I basically traded one bad habit for another....I had to actually look and make sure my name wasn't on some of these posts because I can relate so much to them...lol..Thanks for this forum, I am in the beginning process, so I will definitely be back....1 question though...What is the Thomas recipe...I missed that one and would like to know..it seemed to help others...lol..Thanks again
Hi - I have been on Norco 10 (8 a day) for the past 3 years due to Breast Cancer. My doctor has cut me off and i'm so embarrsed to tell them that i have a problem!  I want and am ready to be done with these pills once and for all! Tomorrow will be day 1 for me, i saw on a post that you had some sort of a receipe that might make it easier?  I have tried to stop a few times before but by day 2 i was so sick i started using again!  I am so scared this time but i have no choice, i'm tired of my pills running my life! Any advice anyone has for me would be so great!  Thanks!
You two posted to an old thread. You should each start your own thread. At the top of the page you will see "post a question" in a green box. If you want you can copy and paste your post from  above. Sometimes these older posts will get overlooked so by posting your own you will get the full benefits of everyone on the forum. You have stumbles across a great place that has some very caring people that will not judge. People will bend over backwards to help you succeed.
You can find the thomas recipe in the health pages which can be found in the upper right hand side of the screen. You will also find the amino acid protocol. They both can be very helpful. There is also a lot of other great information in the health pages.
So first off, start you own post. You won't get overlooked that way
Best of luck to the both of you!

Brian
Thank you!!
I am a grandmother who has a daughter age 37 addicted to pain medication.  She is now in a hospital going through detox.  I can tell you it is not a pretty site.  No one should have to see this.  She has been on pain medication for 10 years and just in the past 2 years she has been real bad. She has 2 children ages 9 and 14 who do not have a mother, and have not had one for a long time. My daughter has been divorced for about 5 years and it was not a good one.  Mentally she has not been able to cope for a long time.  My message to all the mothers - it is important that you do whatever it takes to stay clean and sober.  I know it's hard, but for your children's sake and yours, please do whatever it takes.  It is not easy, but with the proper help and God's guidance you can make it.  DO NOT GIVE UP - THATS TO EASY -  BJJL
I can somewhat relate but its hard to bascially "do not give up"  being on pain medication(s) it depends on which ones we are talking about I know that if u just straight up take lortabs you will suffer a less severe withdrawal than say if you have been taking methadone for years. I am a mother of 3 and I can tell you that it's tough when you go to your doctor and tell them about your legit pain and they give u a fistful of scripts.  I was on oxycodone and valium and I asked my doctor for something lower he suggested lortabs and I have been taking them for a little over two years now and when I try to quit I get flu like symptoms which are typical for this type of medication.  If you don't mind me asking what kind of pain meds does your grand daughter take? I am just wondering because the withdrawals from a more powerful pain med can result in more physical pain/withdrawal and if you do have pain I suggest you taper yourself to take lortab as prescribed as it can work wonders but I understand people get addicted to them I myself have but it takes support which I lack thereof so I have abused I don't have a lot of family that even care and friends well.. they keep secrets no one wants to admit they are an addict at least I never did until I realized that my kids are more important to me than gettting that high that makes me don't care anymore.
You guys are all giving great advice. Its really sad though that when I google a question about how long vicodin stays in your system, the majority of the sites it gives me are all sites offering to sell vicodin without a script. I'm a weak person, and as soon as I see that, I get the itch. I feel like I will never beat this. I'm 33, and since I was 17 I haven't been totally clean from drugs for more than 3 months at a time. Its become such a part of me that even my clean friends prefer me messed up over clean and its more of a funny topic of conversation rather than concern. Mainly because I've always seemed to have control to the outsiders looking in. Even my ex-wife had no idea how bad it was til 5 years into our relationship. But even when I'm determind to kick the habit, I alays find a way to fail. After this last time, I've never felt more defeated. I just got a great job making lots of money. Passed my urine test and had every reason to stay clean. As I packed this Sunday for a training class out of town, I found a pill. Wasn't looking for one, it was just laying in a drawer. I managed to fight the urge for a few hours, but ended up taking it around 7PM. I get to my first day of training today and immediately find out we have a pop drug test. I know I will test positive. I don't know how I will pick myself up from this one. How do I go back home and face my family? I don't think I can this time.
I have been on lortabs 10's for about 9 months now! I have tried to quit several times.I called this place to detox and they keep telling me to call back! They only have 8 beds for females and like 40 for men! I get so frustrated and want to give up.I hate how the pills control my life.I can't function with out them. I get so sick and tired of taking them. I feel that I am ready to quit I am just so scared to because I know what hell awaits me, the agony of leg cramps,shakes,hot and cold flashes,anxiety,and just the not feeling motivated to even move! I am so mad at myself for letting this happen. So I called the detox place again and they told me they didn't have a bed,so I ask the nurse what can I do at home to make myself more comfortable and she tells me to try and taper off of the pills. I felt like it was a slap in the face,I want to get off of them not keep taking them.but at this point I am willing to try anything.so tomarrow I am gonna start with lower doses or maybe see how long I can go with out taking any and then just taking one pill. I don't know I need some help. Any suggestions? I am willing to try anything! Oh and the worst thing I hate about detoxing is the not sleeping, I quit one time and didn't sleep for 3 days and I started to see things that were not there. My husband has been great through all of this. I am lucky to have him. He understands that it is my addiction. We pray together! He does get very disappointed in me when I give up but he is right there when I need him,I hate what this is doing to him to,he tells me that yeah it is my addiction but it effects both of us! I need help! I am willing and I feel ready! I feel like a boxer getting ready for a fight,like right before your gonna enter the ring and you know you have a chance of getting hit and its gonna hurt like hell then your gonna have that agonizing pain for a week or 2,but you know you gotta face the fight because there are a lot of people there depending on you,so you can't let them down! Well I am ready to fight and I am going to knock this pill habbit out!before it knocks me out! I'm starting my count down tomarrow! Whish me luck!
HI welcome to the forum you know you dont have to go to a detox center to get off pills we do home detoxes here all the time tapering works for some but most addicts cant do it if you want to try get some envelopes put just what your going to use for that day in the envelope
every 3 days drop off 1 pill if you think you can handle more then do more the lower your dose the harder it gets and the smaller the drops you should also start your own post go to the top of this screen there is a green box marked post a question click on it and start a fresh post you will get a lot more responses good luck and God bless.....Gnarly
I have been on Vicodin now for about 5 yrs I hav gone to a methadone clinic but all they are are legal drug dealers that want ur money, I am down to needing only either 10mg of methadone or 4 Vicodin to make it through my day opposed to 20 or so I have been without pills now for 2 days & am very familiar with the withdraw symptoms, too familiar lol I'm sitting on the la z boy right now the only thing stopping me from going out and scoring is the thought of not having to live my life around the drugs, that and I'm flat broke lol. I just Googled vicodin detox on my phone thought id say hey & I hope I make it through this time. If ne1 can offer any advice my email is ***@****
was wondeing if anyone could give me advice....i want to quit my hydrococone 10 mg and with that i have been drinking lots of vocka and cranberrie so scard what my body will go through i hav a14 year old and in a realationship that i dont want my boyfriend know
i just want to know when im going to feel better some told me three days an im out th woods is that tru because if it is i only have one more day but its going to be much longer than i need to pop
I am a Mom that wants to help her son realize he has an pain killer addiction..and help him get off of this roller coaster..not really sure what to do or how to help. I am interested in your recipe. How do you (or can you) convince someone they have a problem? Do you stay in denial till you become tired of the life? It is so sad bc there are so many ppl out there on this stuff, I hurt for them. Would like to hear any advice that would help me to help him...thank you very much.
This will be about the tenth time I have quit codones today. My job is changing to another company and I don't want to tell them about the perscriptions. They can't fire you but they can sure not hire you. I've been taking pills for about 10 years now. I need to stop before I mess up my liver anyways. I quit one time for about 3 years. about a year ago I had surgery and B A N G. All over that mean *** horse again. It's not easy guys but y'all can do it. Your fellow junkie....
I am a Registered Nurse and also an addict.  My Drug of Choice is Hydrocodone (Lortab, Norco).  I began taking Lortab about 3 years ago for back pain, related to ruptured discs and bilateral knee osteoarthritis.  Less than 6 months into use for pain, I realized this provided me with the energy I needed just to make it through my day.  I am a single mother of 2 young children and worked in a highly stressful trauma setting about 60 hours each week.  It wasn't long after that I began needing a "few" pills just to wake up and get going!!!  In the end, I was taking 8 Lortab 10mg at one time!!!  Sometimes in the morning and evening totalling 16 pills daily!!!!  These "BLUE DEVILS"  as I like to refer to them took CONTROL of my life!!!!! Many, many times, I had attempted to stop but with no success.  I found myself taking to the streets to obtain more pills and soon began to feel the shame and guilt of using/abusing money that could have went to my children!!!  This, apparently, still wasn't as powerful as these "BLUE DEVILS"!!!!  Well, because of the amounts I was taking, I tested positive @ work for Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)!!  In desperation and hope, I willingly admitted to the Board of Nursing that I had a problem and needed help.  This was one of the most difficult things I have ever done in my life.  I was so ashamed!  I was supposed to be this "professional" and here, I had let my guards down and was like many of my own patients that I had been treating in my E.R.!!!!   Ugh...well little did I know what a blessing all of this turned out to be!!!! I AM 19 DAYS CLEAN AND FEELING GREAT!!!!!  I was ordered to an Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program by the Board of Nursing in order to keep my nursing license.  Before going, I bought a few Methadone off the street and took for 5 days straight.  This eliminated MOST withdrawal symptoms that I had.  Now insomnia still existed and about 10 days after the Methadone wore off, I experienced minimal diarrhea.  OK so. today is my 19th day.  The only symptom I have now is nighttime leg aches/cramps.  I have found Clondine (BP Med) to help with this.  Also, I plan to ask my "doctor friend" to prescribe for me Neurontin, which is used to treat RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome).  Listen folks, the point of my post here tonight is to tell you that you can beat this!!! I am living proof!!! This coming from someone who had completely given up all hope!!!  Don't take it 1 day @ a time!  Take it 5 minutes @ the time if u need 2! I won't take  a pill!  I won't take  a pill!  PRAY!!!!  When cravings come, and they do get better with time, I PROMISE.... say in the name of JESUS, LEAVE MY MIND!!!!! Over and over, keep repeating this until they pass.  Try and exercise again.  Just get out and enjoy the sun if you're not 1 for exercising.  Take slow walks.  Ride a bike.  I live in Alabama.  I go jump on my 4 wheeler and just ride down to the creek and feel the sunshine on my face.  MAN DO I FEEL GREAT!!!!  I feel so clean again.  Its just hard to explain but I do hope u all get to experience this and GET UR LIVES BACK!!!!  U know, LIFE had thrown us a curve ball here,  but its up 2 us what we decide 2 do about it.  HANG IN THERE AND KEEP THE HOPE!!!!  IF I CAN DO IT, ANY1 CAN!!!!  I'm getting stronger everyday.  Lack of energy seems to be the culprit here, but it DOES get better every day.  I'm learning to LIVE again.  I'm having to find out new things 2 do for fun but I am laughing again.  REALLY laughing.  GOOD LUCK 2 U ALL AND I WISH U THE BEST!!!
Fellow junkie? tee hee...
Congrats again...I wish u the best.  U did it 9 other times! U can do it again.  I've said this a billion times, its just not f______g worth it!!!!!!!!!!
ive been taking viks and norcos for a about a week now, because i get ovarian cysts and there extremely pain full. well i got a job opportunity and im wondering how long it takes for it to get out of your system before your pee is clean?
Im 22 yrs old ive been taking hydros for 3 yrs but this past yr i been taking them heavy i was having alot of pain on my left side come to fined out it was sage one cancer but by this point i wasnt even taking them for the pain because it didnt help i was taking them for energy to get up and clean to go to work to have fun with my friends and just to feel better to be normal which blows my mind i ask myself how did i get to this point? what type of person lives this way? i stop and think i do i let myself get this way how awful i get so down on myself... Six weeks ago i had a major sugery to remove the cancer i was cut hip to hip and now i cant have kids which turned my life upside down so i just took more pills to cover all the pain i was feeling on the inside and when i took a pill i felt like i could breath again that life was going to be okay i was about 6 to 8 fives a day if i had tens i could take up six a day and i would of took more but i was scared to run out but i havent taken anything in 3 days the first two days was awful but i have been at work all 3 days and cleaned my apt without taking anything i cry alot and think about taking one all day but i have a great church and i know god will see me throu this but at the end of the day its up to me and i feel so alone and empty all the time i wish i had someone in person to talk to that would understand me and not judge me i just want to be better be normal but what is normal????? Please help...
hello... I had 2 back surges. this yr. one on 2/10 & 3/16. anything I would ask for the second dr would give me. when the 6-10 7.5 hydros didn't work I went to 10mg and he gave mr Val. 10mg with it. I'm on day 12 right now with nothing at all but my tens unit. feeling like crap.. when will I see the light? are the head games that bad? I have a baby on the way nxt march and want this to be over with so I can be a daddy and a great husband. I'm on a sleeping pill but, I'm up thinking all the time about those damn pills. cold turkey is how I went. I took the pill box I had to my folks. out of site out of mind but, the pain is there.
This is my first time posting.  I am 3 weeks out from putting the pills away!!!  I feel like crap, however I liked what Rex said, get outside ourselves and it helps.  As for my spouse he didn't understand and it scared him to watch me detox because he lost a wife to pills when his kids were babies, so I had empathy for him and just told him I would fine, I trust God and I'd do it, ugly as it was!!!!!!!! I did and I am still affected by symtoms (symptoms) of withdrawl (withdrawal) and a little self pity, but hearing all you guys know what its like helps!! thank you,
Ladyphish
Ive been taking them for 5 years, kicked once. But now they have toasted my attitude, depression ETC. life is like something I dreamed! So now I've exceeded way beyond my script. So i buy more, steal them from some one and just ashamed at everything, scream go crazy at my wife even when fully dosed!. I never dreamed it would have negative effects on my brain?? This *****!! I need this community to help me kick for good. I related to 2.5 hrs of stories. Today i took about the equal of 8-12 Vic. I too use them for energy?? I related to too much stuff!! and tomorrow i begin my journey into the painful reality of saying goodbye, have 5 or 6 tabs for my wife to rash-in out for the gnarly leg aches and massive stomach stuff.,maybe to ease it a tiny but this is not going to be fun. :(   I have to do this I'm am not me!!! thanks for this place it's a lot more people then me and an epidemic it seems! i asked years ago for 30 a month, just for what i need for multiple sclerosis so he starts me at 120? WTF!!!! he and the one now wants me addicted and coming back to them!! Uhhhh!! violates their oath if ya ask me!!
Hi my name is lonny I am on 10 or vic or more a day and it ***** I am taking them for severe leg pain. But now I am taking them to get high I am so despressed and scared about kicking this drug I have been off them before but I go back to them because they give me energy and make happy when I am taking them I want get off please help I feel like I am going to die but I know there is light at the end of the tunnel thanks everyone lonnie
I'm scared. I've been addicted to hydrocodone/soma combination for about 10 years, although the first 5 years was off & on (not constant because I could only get them every now and then). After being on them as long as I have, I'm "only" taking about 12-15 10 mg. norco's a day which is probably pretty good considering the length of time I've been on these damn things. I started on them for legitimate pain reasons - I've had numerous surgeries for severe endometriosis, scar tissue removal, eventually a complete hysterectomy. Then I had a car accident and the labrum in my hip joint was torn. I still have the pain to contend with, but I'm tired of this addiction.

I have to take 2 hydros in the morning just to get up. I've run out many times and the WDs are horrible and since I live alone, I don't have anyone (like a boyfriend or husband) to help me or care for me. I don't want to let my family know about this; they wouldn't understand. I want to just get outpatient suboxone treatment and get through this. I can't take time from work (or afford) a treatment center. I'm scared because the depression gets really bad for me and I tend to isolate myself in my house with my animals when I'm not feeling well. Here's my question: do you think that a combination of outpatient suboxone treatment and going to a therapist would work? I have a very high pressure responsible job and feel like I'm just barely hanging on by a thread. Not to mention the debt I've gone into.

This totally ***** and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I wish people were more understanding of this addiction because I didn't set out to become addicted ... I didn't originally go to a doctor to get high. I had about 7 or 8 surgeries and the meds allowed me to  dull everything .... the pain, my emotions, my depression. I also travel to Africa to do some of my work and making sure I have the sufficient amount of meds with me is always a major undertaking prior to a trip. Running out of your meds and going through WDs out in the bush would NOT be a good time. I want my life back without these damn things.
You all are posting in a very old thread!  Please go up to the top of this page....click on the orange ask a question to copy and paste your post to start a NEW thread so everyone can see it as new and help!!!!  We want to but no one will see this one.  I check them often so I can tell how to help!  Please repost.
I take at least 3 10mg of hydrocodone a day. What's the best way to quit cd turkey? My legs already hurt at night and sometimes I have stomach cramps that double me over! Help
Im not sure thats possible if u have been taking them for a lomg time.
Hello eveyone, im in need of so support. Ive been addicted to some kind of opiate for a couple of years but these past three months i'ved been hooked by mrs vik.Im 28 yrs old.and have two beautiful and wonderful children that I have felt Ive let.down. I was also a super mom i would wake up excitied because i knew i was going to have that energy and happiness to make them feel special.  Now im on my third day of detox and dont want them to see me this way i cry.diaherra (diarrhea).extermly depressed.Can anyone tell me the withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms and how long they will last  i want to be megan again.the one whose stomach is not in knots and get anxiety and crys and rocks her self to slep.please i need support my brother asked me if i need help to let him know. So i said i need you he has blocked me from any commincation from him whatsoever.And when i try to call my mom she picks up the phone and hangs up on me.i need a support system my father and my husband are the only ones i have.and my kids need support to..pleasehelpp
I am addicted to vicoden 10 5 s for 3 years i have back problems and my dr gives them to me like candy i realy want to stop but i feel like it gives me energy and if i take less i sweat i  also have severe heart problems had surgery i nevrr took anything prior to my health issues now i just am lost depressed
Marry, please go up to the top if this page.  Click on the ORANGE ask a question icon and repost.  This way you will start your own thread and get the help.  Posting on this old thread you might be missed and I do not want that to happen.  Glad you came here.
Hang in there. The thoughts will pass. Sometimes Ive had to remind myself Ive been through this before and it will pass.  After the first 2 or three days for me I seemed to feel better. I just have to talk myself through it and do things that are positive for me, ie get out of the house, walk, pray, read motivational material, stay away from negative people. Sometimes I just have to say, like Scarlet OHara. I'll deal with that tomorrow and take care of todays problems today. Be gentle with yourself, treat yourself as you would treat a sick person, youre trying to heal
As for your husband, if someone hasnt walked in your shoes they wont understand. And some people just arent capable of understanding some things. Point is he dosent have to, you do though. You're responsible to take care of yourself. Youre important to more people than yourself, even though it dosent seem that way. Addiction is a disease of perception, we misuse the drugs, sometimes intentional, sometimes not but youre here for a reason. Your life isnt yours to take. Hang in there and just keep telling yourself "this will pass". Focus on what you have instead of what you dont have and verbally be grateful. That always helps me. This site helps too. Just keep asking for help. People have been there and we do care
Yvette
I feel what all of yal r feeling, I have been an off and on addict for many years, I am a registered nurse and lost all that I had worked for in one day after getting caught diverting meds from hospital I was working at, I would take or inject anything to get high and through the day, lost my nursing license, almosty marriage and my child, it's not worth it but still I couldn't stop! Went to out pt drug rehab for 16 months, didn't help, then tried suboxone and started abusing them!  Still struggling and family has no clue but problem is down to my last 10mg hydro's and can't find anymore do the weaning process has started and it ***** so bad, I have a 4 yr old and a husband that doesn't understand why I went from cheerful housewife and mom to bitchy cranky leave me alone wife who can barely make it out of the bed, I have been workin as a counselor since loosing my license, go figure, but I feel like I can help people cause I been there I just don't do what I preach. I have got to stop,bin process of getting nursing license back but I got to quit, I will have random drug testing as soon as I get back. I hate what the drug had done for me, have been on several antidepressants but none work, I gave no pain, I just take for the energy! Does anyone out there now of anything that can give me energy over the counter without having to drink energy drinks? I also take klonipins and almost out but can't go back for refill bc my md drug test me to make sure not taking hydro's. If anybody has any advice, please help, I'm only 33 and have my whole life ahead of me. Thanks
Hello, I have heard most of your stories and I am going through it also. It may not seem like a lot but trust me it is for a person that hasn't never been addicted to anything before. This is my fourth day going cold turkey coming off of hydro codone 10 mg about 6-8 sometime 10 a day for the last 4 years. 4 days only it feels like 4 months. I don't know how long this should last but I'm trusting in  God and knowing that I'm going to be alright. I stay praying and reading my Bible more than I ever have. God will never fail us and nothing is too hard for God. I feel better than I thought I would feel because I trust in God. I would take anger out on my children, my husband, and myself. As long as I had some tabs I was good and everybody else was good. If I didn't have them or if I was coming down off of the high everybody must leave. I just want to be me without the meds and I don't even know how I was when I wasn't taking them. Was I cool, fun, full of energy? I have no clue. However it was I just want it back. If someone can tell me how long this last I will be grateful. Thanks for listening. First of all Thank You God for Your Strength. You all are in my prayers
I'm on day 7 and I feel like a limp noodle, I have no energy what so ever. I was taking up to 20 10mg Norcos a day.  I tried cold turkey before but went 5 days and relapsed.  It was extremely the hardest thing ive ever had to do.  This time I've promised myself for the sake of my 5 kids I will never touch a norco again!  I missed work all week with my job thinking I have the flu, but I have to go to work tomorrow and I'm dreading it because its been really hard to sleep.  I just keep praying it will get better.  How long will it take to feel normal again or should I get them and try to ween off?  I really just want my body to be free of Norcos.  Please someone help!
I am trying to quit what do I do cold turkey?
Ok I'm on day 7 or so I haven't been counting but yes I am miserable and even thought I might die from the withdrawal symptoms especially jet black diarrhea.  
I am hangin on to my a__and doing it alone. I will not go to meetings not for me but had been on Norco for over 5 yrs after a head trauma.  
So far I'm just sick of being sick. Hurting and ache and frankly quite irritable.

Immglad your all here
Melvin61 go post a question so people will see ur post this is old and may be overlooked . Congrats on 7 days
Hey it's ok Erika keep ur head up, I kno how u feel wen ur husband doesn't listen or understand, it can make u feel even more lonely than being alone.  Ur in pain and trying to stay clean?
Hey today is going to be my first day without before I was  taking 6-10 and ... Well now I'm out, I've been wanting to quit seems the only way I stop is when i don't have anymore. Then I try to quit this time the only thing different is me looking to this site for encouragement and strength
The Lord must be answering my prayers because I've been struggling with how to get off pills for months & just decided the last few days that I am ready and doing it. Then I found you all today. I have used pills off & on for 10 years. Then 2 yrs ago I found a doc to prescribe me 10-325 Norco, 3-8 pills a day. Things were ok until I started adding in 15mg Oxycodone to compensate for my higher tolerance. I have 2 beautiful kids ages 2 & 5 that are my life! People always tell me what a great mom I am, but I feel like a fake because noone knows that I only get thru my days because of the pills. I so wanna know that I can still be the same great mom, or better without these pills. But I worry- what if the pills are the reason I'm that great mom? What if I have no energy, motivation & patience without the pills? I'm so scared, so alone, so lost. I'm searching for all the info & support I can get. I think I may have to quit cold turkey becuz my doc gave me a UA today & found the oxy in my system. I have no access to anything, so if they don't refill my Norco- I'm out & have no choice. My husband and family don't know how bad my habit is & don't know I'm cutting it off. I guess I'll say I have the flu? But I am home with my kids & work part time 3 days a week & there is no way to get help at home or take time off to do the withdrawal. Any advice for the best way to handle it while caring for 2 small kids and keeping the house running? How long will the real bad stuff last? My habit has been approx 3-5 10-325mg Norco for over 2 years & I've added in 1-3 15mg oxycodone daily for the past 8 months or so. What is the Thomas Recipe? I have about 5-7 days of pills left to taper down as much as possible in such a short time & then I'm jumping. Any advice, experience stories, encouragement, ideas or support would be a life saver. Thnk you all so much for sharing your stories. You may actually be the reason my kids won't have to grow up with a drug addict Mommy.
I so understand, I have so much Arthritis myself...The best thing to do for that is stretch, start slow and walk, move, don't sit. Because when you don't move, it hurts much more..Hot baths, hot showers..But stretching is the best..If I don't do that everyday, I can't stand myself.. If you have insurance ask your doctor to get you in physical therapy and they will help you learn how to stretch and teach you how to sit properly and walk properly...We in America don't even know how to properly take care of ourselves so we turn to pills...I am learning all of this right now, because I will NOT go back to these pills...Think positive, stretch, if you can ,physical therapy...That is what I am doing next...MOVE MOVE...Hope this has helped...Let's make a good effort to take better care of ourselves without the flipping pills.I am right there with you and I am almost 66 years old..Hugs Denise
Day one for me
I am 33, my name is Renee. I was taking 7.5 lortabs a day. i became void of everything. Id smoke almost 2 pcks of cigerettes a day! Id like someone to talk to. Im sober one week. I get them from my doctor. I havent been back and my boyfriend flushed the rest I had. He kept them hidden from me becAuse I would just sit, and smoke and do nothing else. It was great having his support on this. right now I get the hot sweats, I feel hungry alot, smoking cigs makes me nauseas, Im real lazy, I feel like my body is a huge weight. i dont have alor of energy! It ***** but My moods swings aren't raging here and there. I spend less time on my phone. I am more involved with listening to what my fiance says! these pills made me numb to everything! I liked that, but it makes you constipated! I gained alot of weight from them! eventually this will be out of my system. my hair and nails are growing longer now and are healthy! im more aware of peoples feelings. trust me these are worth stayin off of. im glad Ive made the choice to never get them again.
I am fighting this after being in them for 6 years. Its time I deal with reality and concern myself with the ones I love. Being more productive. each day gets better. You can get thru it! I now havent smoked cigs or taken any pills for a week! So, Im gettinf alot healthier than I anticipated! being in the sun makes me feel sick. So, I try not to be in it alot. I havent done much around the house, but my finance understands the situation. I will get out of my funk eventually! Its not going to make me lose my battle! Im staying strong!!  congrats to all of yall w your sobriety! Keep your heads up!
Hi I have searched but can not find the Thomas Recipe can you re post it please? I have been taking hydrocodone for extreme back pain, I am breastfeeding and the Dr is aware of it but I can"t believe it's not going to effect my baby. What are the withdrawal symptoms and how long does it last?  Will my baby have problems?  
Hello everyone I am new here. My doctor has had me on 60mg of morphine and 60 pills of hydrocodone10/325 for over two years bc I have arthritis in my neck and suffer from migraine headaches. Well on friday when I called to get my monthly refill they called it in then canceled it and told me that I failed my urinaysis test. I dont take any other meds accept ibuprofen so I really dont know what the problem is. I have started having withdrawals  all weekend. I feel like my eyes are popping out it sockets and the diarrhea is ridiculous and painful. Im shaking uncontrollably and my husband is mad that they just took me off them with any withdrawal medicine. Im in the judicial system and I had to call off work because I cant be in court with the shakes and the diarrhea. Can anyone tell me hiw they can just prescribed this stuff to and take u off without anything to help u out with. My husband is ready to get a lawyer. I am tempted to go speak to my judges about this. I really want the pain to go away but reading these comments have me thinking that ill be down for weeks. Any advice??
HI   Please go to the top of the page and click on the orange "post a question" button  .Then repost this and you will get tons of support and it will be your very own thread. This is an old thread you are posting on. Sorry you are going through this .
Please start your own thread, you keep posting on other people's threads.  You will get more replies if you do that, plus, it is just far too confusing to have two people trying to explain their unique situations and to keep the info straight on one thread.  Here's the link to start a new thread!

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=77
I'm only in the beginning. Day 1 1/2 for me and this is hell. Good to see there is hope
I just stumbled on this site and I am curious as to what recipe you are talking about.
Ive been addicted to norco,percocet or vicoden pretty much anything I I could get my hands on I felt so amazing on them I have anxiety and depression and being on them made me better. I would be able to take them before and that was it I didn't crave them or look for them like before. I would say I've been hooked on them for about a year now I would get them by stealing them from people I know had them or fake some type of pain to get them ive wanted to stop taking them for awhile now but ive been afraid of the withdrawls and the fact my husband has a script for them so I see them or hear them and I just want them. Im on my second day without them I have the chills slept horrible last night even took 2 ambien which I have prescribed to me for insomnia I feel achey (achy) and keep sitting on the toilet cuz I feel like I have to go but nothing much happens. I decided I needed to stop because this isnt me especially the stealing and lying and for my children. I dont want anyone around me to know whats going on cuz im embarrassed. Ive been drinking lots of water taking vitamins and snacking. I just want to know how much longer until things start getting better and if theres anything else to do. I was taking 3-5 a day orally