ADDICTION: SUBSTANCE ABUSE
COMMUNITY
How long does hydrocodone stay in the system?
by blessed2, Jan 20, 2003
I have been off painkillers for about 2 weeks and still get the chills and diarrea. Is this still the remainence of the hydro? If so are there any ways to cleanse my system besides water? Thank you for this forum. I really enjoy reading all the support people give each other.
Member Comments (182)
by J. E. W., Jan 20, 2003
Yes it is still from whats in us. Think how long we put the **** in us. Keep drinking fluids until your going to burst and eat good to this helps flush our systems out. Get exercise too.. Myself I hate this part but the more we exercise the better we feel..  I hope I helped some it take along time to get our minds and bodies back. But it took along time to get us where were at too.. Hang in there it does get Easier and better over TIME!!!!! Ill be praying for you.  God Bless..                       J.E.W.
by Thomas03, Jan 20, 2003
Some of our opiate receptors control bowel motility, which is why opiates constipate. When you detox, diahrea is the consequence. Over the counter Imodium will take care of the problem. It is an opioid drug that binds to the receptors affecting bowel motility but not those that bring euphoria or pain relief. It is effective without being addictive. Keep a few in your pocket and use as needed. As for the chills, time will cure you of those. Until then, dress in layers and respond to how you feel as you feel it. You've gone two weeks. That's an eternity! You're over the worst. It's your mind that you must contend with now. Feel better.

Thomas
by Vicqueennomore, Jan 20, 2003
I am not new to this forum because it has gotten me by for the last 2 weeks. I just haven't had the inner strenghth to "get involved". Today is day 14 of no more 10-14 a day 7.5 vicodins. The first 4 days were hell especially with 3 kids and a somewhat of non understanding spouse. He is glad I am off but doesn't understand how I "let myself" become addicted again. (I rehabed 3 years ago from a 2 year habit then) I was at first taking them for pain from a car accident but have an addictive personality and it wasn't long before I really, really "fell in love" again.
I am on here now to say that you have all helped and especially if it is you thomas03 that discovered the Thomas Receipe, you are my hero. It has helped tremendously, I know because I didn't have it 5 years ago when I detoxed before. I am not 100% yet and look forward to that time but I would have to say I am about 75% and that's alot better than a year ago when I felt as though my whole life depended on when I can get my next refill and how (consumed more than the prescribed amount and pharmacies and doctor started catching on). Never knew you could get them on the street and it's definately a good thing.
Don't get me wrong, if someone offered me one I would definately have to think and struggle but I beleive the last 2 weeks will have an impact of whether I really do it or not. ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!
by Esmith28, Jan 20, 2003
I am sooo proud of you guys it is a great thing to make it two weeks. Hang in there...YOU have come through the worst...sooo proud!!
by Vicqueennomore, Jan 20, 2003
I just would like to know that one day soon, really soon, I will feel like a normal person. I didn't go out this weekend with friends because I was afraid I wasn't going to be my nice, fun, confident, normal self and they may not like the some what anxietied me.
by lifeisbetter, Jan 20, 2003
Hello, my name is Kent and I'm also a mom to 3 kids and I know how hard it is believe me, I was up to snorting 4 80 mg oxycontin a day. I used to take so many pills nothing got to me, it was like who cares if the house is trashed I need to find some pills! I thought I was a good mom at the time because I was the "cool" mom who let all the kids play at my house. That was because my kids would play with them and leave me to my isolation. I wanted everyone to just leave me alone. I would yell at the kids inconsistantly and had terrible mood swings, the poor things never knew what to expect. After I yelled, I would go in the bathroom snort a pill and come out all smiles, no explanation just ok lets play now! I remember when I first got clean, one of the things I wrote in my gratitude journal was that I was thankful that now when the kids got on my nerves I would still yell at them but this time I would go in the bathroom and PRAY. I just kept saying "Lord help me, make me not so angry!" and when I came out the kids would usually get an apology and an explanation as to why their behavior needed to change. I changed from acting like Roseanne to acting like Mrs. Brady! they must have thought I was wacko! (well,I was)I am sooo very glad that I stopped while they are still young, my 2 younger children don't even remember, but my 8 year old does and definately harbors resentment towards me. Even now 2 years out of rehab (well actually 13 monthes clean after one 6 week relapse)I don't think she can really trust me yet but it is slowly getting better. I won't even go into the husband thing lets just say I relate to not feeling supported by your spouse. Although I have to admit, I have a good friend who is in the midst of it and even with everything I know I still get angry at her because she's not getting how badly she can screw up her life. It gets so frustrating sometimes. I guess God is trying to show me why my husband did what he did back then. You said you went to rehab so you have the tools to stay clean now. You know what to do. First off find a real live person that you can call and I went to meetings alot in the begining not everyday becase of my kids but enough to keep me grounded for awhile. Fourteen days is a long time without a pill. At your stage one hour feels like one day so your really doing great. Keep posting, there are alot of moms here that can help you to and of course you can help us to. Remember we are all in this together.
Hugs and welcome!
by hippy, Jan 20, 2003
what thomas and the other said is just about
all there is to say,you will be feeling better soon,
keep posting.
2 weeks more than great its wonderful.
i will keep you in my prayers, keep up the good work.

peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hippy
by Vicqueennomore, Jan 20, 2003
Wow!!! Tears are filling my eyes right now. I can so relate to being the "cool" mom, yelling one minute taking a couple of pills and wanting to be their best friend. They are young and do not realize drugs are the reason. In the last 14 days I was "sick with the flu" and now am recovering but will need a little help from everyone as a family. See Vics gave me wonderful energy and I was the perfect housekeeper, maid and sex queen. Now for the last 2 weeks I am a slob, lazy and had sex maybe 2 times as oppossed to 12 like before. I just want to know when I will come to the happy medium.
This writing is helping already.....
by Erika_Ann, Jan 20, 2003
Hi friends-
I just need to write to vent. Im feeling really down right now and not wanting to be around. My arthritis hurts so bad all I have done is cry for hours. You guys are my only support. Everyone that is around me has always seen the strong side of me and doesnt understand all this like you do. All I can think about is running my car off the road. I know thats bad and selfish but I cant stand this anymore. You are always there for me and I just needed to talk. The depression just seems to get worse. I need help or someone who will just listen, cause my husband doesnt seem to. I feel like I talk to a wall when he's around. SOrry for my stupid sob story. I just know you guys always listen to me. I love you all.
Erika