Hydrocodone Withdrawal
I have been taking hydrocodone for about 2 1/2 years at an increasing rate, ending up with the 7.5 strength and about 18-20 per day.  I do have severe arthitis pain and am a 51 year old woman.  I have to cut down and recently cut down to 10 a day and have experienced physical and emotional withdrawal symptoms.  I have some clonidine and don't know how much to take for withdrawal.  What is the recommended dosage.  My goal is to eventually cut down to 4 a day, but have been very uncomfortable at 10.  I also take effexor and trazadone for depression, but I am so depressed right now.  Hydrocodone, believe it or not has helped my depression and has given me something to look forward to. This site has helped, knowing other people go through the same thing.  Hydrocodone has become my reason to live. I know this has to change.
im on day 3dt ,ive been on this redneck herion(mean greens)10-650 for 3.5 years. i found out that if you lay across your bed on yor stomach with your legs hanging off just pass your knees,the leg cramps are not real bad.its like a constant stretch. for 2 years i started eating healthy.and i do as i type. its very important to drink lots of fluids while going through this, v8 juice gaterade,water, pedialite. no caffine!!!! eat your normal 3 meals a day and snack every 2 hrs in moderation between meals. take a muti vitamin every morning along with amodium. i havent had any head aches yet ,and only mild diarrea. i take 600mg ib prophin. so far its all good. im staying positive,i dont want them anymore, my family and my health is worth way more then these demon seeds.you have to ask yourself who is more important.i hope this will do some good for you peps. i will post again in a couple of days. good luck
Hi, today is day 1 of my kicking the habit for good.  I started with vikodin about 4 years ago which wasn't out of control. But once I took one 30 mg roxi 3 years ago, i was hooked. I LOVED the energy they gave me and now that I am doing my BEST to stay off, I feel I have zero energy and all my thoughts are consumed by them. I know this is all part of the "withdrawal process" but it really really *****. I am debating on getting on suboxine as a temporary fix but I heard that is just as hard, if not harder, to get off of.  I am at work as I type this...and feel like I am just waiting for someone to notice how "off" I am right now. I have the chills very bad today along with stomach/leg/and back cramps. I took some xanax this morning to ease the feeling of crawling out of my skin which has helped.  I am normally an anxious person and I strongly believe if I could find a Dr to help with my constant anxiety instead of just ALWAYS prescribing anti-depressants, then I would not have turned to the painkillers.  However, here I am stuck in this never-ending battle of addiction.  I know a lot of it is in my head and it is mind over matter.  However Day 1 is not going well and any advice is appreciated.  It helps just to read that I am not alone and many are suffering just as I am.  Thanks for listening and here we go - taking it one day at a time!!
Really? Very few symptoms?
Jesus doesn't like fibbers, Bob.
You must have been on Hydrocodone
for like, a week.
Prayer is good and belief in Jesus is
good also but Immodium,
Benadryl and Vitamin B-complex
will definitely help, along with the prayer!
how long do the withdrwals usually last??? i get sweaty, shaky, i already have anxiety but it makes it worst, the shins of my legs hurt so bad and it feels like i ran a 10k marathon and tore every muscle in my shin area. i've been on them for almost 3 yrs. but started takin 6-8 a day cuz of a work related injury and my body just got used to them so i started taking 2-3 at a time morning noon and night....**Lil*Miss**
I am 21 years old. I have been using close to 15-20 lorcet/norcos a day for the last couple years. Gradually working my way up. The last few months I have been trying extremely hard to stop, but the levels of uncomfort and insomnia are too much to stop cold turkey. Also, this drug does allow you to sit at home and do nothing while giving a false sense of happiness. I am trying to avoid in-patient detox. What is the best way too get off them without suffering extreme withdrawals? And if I gradually wanna reduce the amount I take, how do I do that without triggering the withdrawals.
I hope the best for everyone out there reading. Non addicts don't understand the frustration we deal with trying to fix ourselves.

Thanks again.
Andy
Hi. I have on oxycontin for 2 years now. Im 30 years old and have 2 young children. My highest dose was 40mg twice a day and now my doctor has dropped the dose to 15mg twice a day. Today is day 2 of withrawal. Its soooo sooo hard because no one knows what im going through as i havent told anyone just how fully hooked on this **** I am! I chew the tabs up tp get a better effect then finally I run out a week or so before my next docs appointment. My doc has threatened to cut me off so now im too scared to see him when ive taken too many! I also envy people who can walk around living a happy sober life as I have forgotten what its like to be happy without being high. Im getting chills and flu like symptons and i still have to try to carry on like nothing is wrong because no one not even my partner of 11 years knows exactly how depressed I am without it....I just dont know how to live a normal life without the ****! I wish my doctor never prescribed it in the first place!!!
please stop this and get help, dnt be ashamed. You can go to a local center that can help, it may be hard at first but you can do it and get ur LIFE back!! dnt give up!!!
Hey, For about six years I have taken 3 10mgs Percocet and within the last 8 months the Dr added 2 30mgs OxyContin, the Percocet is for "break through pain".  I am on day 22 of my "cold turkey" self withdrawal. I did or have not had any pill cravings with my withdrawal, i'm not sure if that's because i've never had the "high" or "euphoric high" Opiates can give. However, I am suffering physically such as anxiety, irritation, itching every where all day long, insomnia, shakes, agitated, stomach cramps ( no diarrhea), nausea, muscle aches and muscle cramps and sweating. The worst has to be my skin hurts, i'm guessing it's my nerve endings. Also, I feel like I've lost all coordination in my arm and legs, floppy would be my best description. The first week was not a bad withdrawal, it's been the last 7 days that has kicked my ***. It's something new everyday. Does this seem like a long withdrawal and if so at what point should I be going to a Dr?  

Thanks,
Gwen
Day 4, no hydrocodone...severe skin reaction ...
still taking 3 tramadol per day..

How long until hc symptoms go away?
Hi jlm86! You may want to start your own thread because you will get alot more support and answers from people. Do you know how to post your own question?
WOW. Everyone is describing what I'm going through now.  I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.  I have major flu like symptoms.  Back and all joints killing me.  Have two herneated disk in neck.  Can't keep anything in my stomach.  I've gone from 6 a day to 1-11/2 a day.  I am detoxing myself.  Sick of the pain and cycle.
I have been taking hydrocodone 30 mgs once a day for 5 months for back pain. I have tried quitting cold turkey because my back is getting better, but I have trouble sleeping. I sleep only an hour or two a night and have muscle aches and restlessness. Is there anything I can do to help me sleep better and ease the muscle pain without taking pain meds again?
Trust me, the first week is hell!  I have been on pain killers for almost two weeks, as my visits to the pain clinics seem to be more frequent, they insist in having me try different drugs and alternativies to sease my pain.  I suffer from an L5 herniation (lower back) and cannot stand the pain.  It interferes with my day to day activities.... I seem to not spend time with my kids as much as I would like to, just because I am in pain.  However, PLEASE LISTEN TO MY ADVICE!!! Doctors want this precisely! They are like sales people.... everytime they prescribe you with anything, they get a cut from what it's worth from the damn insurance companies.... It is all a plot and want humanity to sease!!  I'm probably over-reacting, I know!  But I honestly feel this way.... I have gone through hell going "cold turkey" but, just know that it is a normal reaction from your body, and yes, it is horrible, scary and almost feel like you're going to die!  But it is actually the contrary.... You will not die without the pills, but you will end-up harming yourself (and your loved ones) very much if you continue..... IT'S YOUR CHOICE ONLY!!  Try meditation, hot baths, soothing teas, (valerian herb) great for anxiety and sleep aid.  Do the right thing, do it naturaly!  Hope it helps! STAY STRONG, ONLY YOU CAN STOP YOURSELF!!!  :)
Sorry, I meant 2 yrs. Not 2 weeks! LOL, that would have been so much easier!!!!
Wow!  Good for you quitter28!  I know it has been a few months since you've posted this, I hope you're still doing well.  I totally relate to you... No matter what you're addicted to, it is an addiction and it is definitely very, very difficult to quit.  I have been taking lortabs 10-365, 10-500. Percocet 10-350 for almost 2 yrs now.  I am DONE!!!  I can't pissibly think that I need a damn pill in my life to bring me happiness and peace!  It is cool at first because it's a new feeling, a GREAT feeling, but it eats you alive and I can't afford it in my life anymore.  STAY STRONG PEEPS!!!  IF I CAN DO IT YOU ALL CAN! TRUST ME! :)
I have been taking oxycontin 30mg for two yrs for pain that has been uncontrollable since I had a severe lung infection. I'm addicted and still take  two a day everyday. I'm looking into getting off these horrible pills! I'm curious how long the withdrawal and detoxing can take if I not taking anything for the detoxing? Thanks for your advice and opinions!
AC
Some of these stories blow my mind about the quantity taken . I guess mine seems like nothing compared to some.. I have been taking 3 10 mg hydros a day for about 2 years. I have decided on my own to quit. On Monday thru Wednesday I have just had a half a tablet and today have had none. Worst thing for me is the panic attacks caused by this .. It is very scary and usually don't last more than a couple of hours. Have ringing in the ears, I'm irritable , can't really eat, finally had loose stool today , body aches to a degree... Sleeping is very hard too. Might sleep 3 hours and wake up sweating or sneeze and get goose bumps... The hard thing for me is, I have pills in the other room. I guess I need to flush them but think they are my safety net. I am going to quit tho. My family has no idea of addiction and they are drug free and would be upset if they knew I was abusing drugs. Good luck everyone looking at this post... It gave me inspiration looking at yours
Hi,,this is a old thread..start a new one at the top of the page..I too decided to quit on my own..I also has panic attack..caffeine make it worst... Congrats on every thing
I am also inerested in the methadone program.Iam taking 20 10mg norcos a day .Ihave to get off them
I know everyone is concerned with the pain pill problems but they have helped me through all the pain I have in my back and my bad feet. If everyone would just control how much they take and use their brain they would be fine. My girlfriends sisters and their husbands put me down for taking pills for my very bad back while they pile down their hard liquor everynite! Liquor kills more people than anything in this world but because the liquor industry controls our politicians nothing is said! It is the elephant in the room!!!!!
Hi cam
We are here because we can't control how much we take.  Why are you here?  If you need some help you have come to the right place.
I have come here to see if it is allright to quit taking the pills or if I should wean myself off of them.I am not putting anyone down for having problems with them and I have empathy for them! I am just saying people who live in glass houses should not throw stones! I think alchohol is a very bigger problem in this world and these pills can be beneficial if used properly.
The last part of your response made me kind of teary eyed because I want so bad for that day to come already! As all of use who are battling the taper/withdrawal from opiates. I just had to say that because it really reaffirmed hope after I literally JUST NOW had a miniature relapse in my vicodin taper. It reminded me there's a light at the other end and something to look forward to and I can't wait!

Thanks for that.
I'm on day 4. I decided to stop when I got the flu. Figured I would be off work for a week. I was taking 3 10 mg of hydro for 2 years now. Gave me energy to play softball and work. I loved being on them but had to realize I am not healthy at all. I run 2 miles 5 days a week but felt like I was cheating by taking the pills.
I don't know why I'm commenting on here other than I'm ready to get off the hydro too I take 8-10before noon and the rest of the day bout the same. But I've had enough and I don't no how to stop ?? pLEASE help me
If anyone was taking ten our twenty vicodin of any mg that's way to much you should try  percocet you'll only need a couple depending on your situation and mg I'm just trying to figure out how to get off hydrocodone and or oxycodone without using a nothrr drug
Been on norco 10/325 for about 2 mounths after neck fusion. Been taking 2 every 4 hours so around 10 a day how long will withdrawal last and how bad
My 1st time to take 512 was when I got skin cancer, I never used to take the frequently, some times I could pick prescriptions from my doctor and don't use them to get the meds because I did not need them, but I had from some one that they were worth money but never had buyers, but after I met a devils advocate one day who is addicted so he conviced me that he was using them for pain but as I hang out with this dude I realized that he could make lines for me to snoz, at 1st I said no but as time  when on I started doing his lines, that's how I was cought up, one day GOD sends me a dream and told me that hanging up with that guy doing pills was like putting a bullet in my head, its all some ones will power to over come dreams because for sure its a devils trap,jesus Christ had to suffer for our sins, its time for me to all pass through this suffering for the people we love, its the only way out, there is nothing jesus Christ cant do brothers and sisters, its just beliving that u are not going to die, jesus Christ says am on the door of your heart knocking for you to open to get my healing, who ever opens for Christ automatically receives healing. say enough is enough and accept to go through the side effects, just days or a week is not too much. GOD bless u all!!!! and thank you for your encouraging comments, its day 3 for me but with the grace of jesus am already filling much better!!!
This really inspirers me, because that's exactly how I feel. I'm just so so damn tired of thinking I need more than what my doctor writes. An I want to be able to join an love life again because the real me wants to not because of some stupid little pill, thinks it controls me...when I remember. I could tolerate almost anything before....and now my body wants to wait on some stupid little pill to come around because it thinks it needs it to get up an go. When I know I'll be doing my body an me a big favor!!! Plus I have a 8 yr old an a 15 yr old that's missing me because of a little damn pill....crazy. I have cut down. An not easy... An planning to go to only one a day. Like my doc says. Or when needed..or not at all.
I'm on day two from loratabs 7.5. I was on 10-12 a day and cut down to 6 a day. But could never get past 6. I'm  on day two without anything. I can't sleep. I've been using the Thomas Recipe. My head and legs are killing me.
Hi workin_mom, and welcome to the forum. You will find lots of advice and support here. Please start your own thread. This one is very old and long. You will get many more replies if you have your own thread. Just go to the top of this page, and click on the Post a Question Button, and then either copy and paste your question or just type it in. Please do that. Take care, and I wish you all the best!
**Hi workin_mom, and welcome to the forum. You will find lots of advice and support here. Please start your own thread. This one is very old and long. You will get many more replies if you have your own thread. Just go to the top of this page, and click on the Post a Question Button, and then either copy and paste your question or just type it in. Please do that. Take care, and I wish you all the best!**
This week I started to detox on my own. I have been taking narcos, Vicodin even Oxus, the last pill I took was on Thanksgiving, I must admit Friday and Saturday were pretty bad,I felt like I was crawling out of my skin.I still havn't slept that much but after 2 full days. I feel pretty good. Take ibuprofen and if you. The first 2 days are the worse, drink OJ,take vitamins, and drink a lot of fluids that cleans you out. If you can get threw the first 2 days, it isn't so bad,and think how good you will feel after 4 or 5 days. Good luck
Going on 4th Day cold-turkey, depression is getting a little better each day...That's my biggest reason, beside back issue that I like taking the Norco, I am anti social without them, and get stressed in public or at work. The cravings are still here and it helped reading these comments every time I get weak and the craving kicked up. Listening to music and forcing yourself to do things does help get your mind off it. HOWEVER, a light bulb just went off in my head to try and take one Goody's and/or BC powder since there is Acetaminophen in both those OTC headache powders which is also in the Norco. OMG I dont know why, but I wish I did this on day one. Anyone looking to go cold turkey may want to use but not abuse a OTC headache med with acetaminophen in it. GOOD GOD, I think I'm going to kick this dumb habit and really undo all the numbing the meds did to me to avoid real life. You started for a reason, to hide or cover up issues, dont forget, they never went away, however you,I, did with the pills. You only live once, so dont let these dumb pills take whatever its effecting in your life. IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN TOO. IF YOU FALL OFF THE HORSE, GET BACK ON, TRY TRY AND TRY AGAIN. I tell myself, just hold on for one more day.
my mother was on this initially in March 2014 for pain when she broke her arm....her doctor prescribed it......she will be 101 years old in September...her doctor is on the medical staff at the nursing home....I just found out today, August 25, 2014 that she is still on this medicine...taking 4 a day....the doctor neglected to review her meds obviously....I am very very upset and think he should be held legally accountable for this error on his part....I have not seen any side effects.....does anyone have any suggestions on where I should take this even further? The doctor has been notified and I will be following up on just what he is going to do about this when I return to the nursing homeon Wednesday
Wow sorry that's happening. I'm not certain what steps need to be taken, but I can ask around. Make sure to dispose of unused pills properly, a lot of people are doing silly things to get those.
Jake,
  I read your post and I admire you.
I have a girl friend who is hooked pretty bad and won't (can't?) admit it.  
In addition to pain pills (750 Norco) she also abuses Lorazapam, Clonazapam & Diazapam.  
At times she wants to quit but as soon as she gets money, she goes out and buys them.  I have been helping her get on her feet and after 9 months now realize I am simply "enabling" her. I don't know where or who to go to about this but she is often like Dr. Jeckle & Mr. Hyde (VERY moody). She is very defensive about this as she has been doing this for quite sometime (most of her life).  She has no relatives and her mother is in an institution. I am trying to be as supportive as I can but I seem to only be making it worse (supplementing her income).
  I would like to know how you are doing?
Thanx,
"Biz"~
What did u do I'm so afraid but want to stop
I am addicted to pain killers I'm scared I wanna stop do I go tell my doctor pls help
Hi wannastp, welcome to the forum.  We can help you. This is a very old post. If you go to the top of the page, and click on the green  "Post a Question" button, you can start your own post.  Tell us your story, and ask any questions you may have.  Tell us what you have been taking, how much per day, and for how long.  There is lots of great advice and support here. I hope to see your post. Take care.
I have been taking hydrocodone 5mg 325 for about five to six months.  I get 40 at a time and try to make it last 10 days until my doctor will refill it.  There are times when I run out too early, like now.  Boy the withdrawal systems are brutal.  I also take anxiety pills because I have anxiety attacks, I know most people due not understand what that is all about, but it is something I cannot describe or control.  
My withdrawal from Norco includes not being able to sit still, no energy, aches and pains all over my body, just recently had a Hernia operation (Great!), can't sit still, sit or lay down for more than 2 minutes.  Can't sleep, it's after 2am.  I cannot concentrate, and taking my dogs for a walk is excruciating, yell at them a lot poor things.  I am waiting for my next refill, cuz life is too short to feel this bad for too long, but I plan on talking to my doctor about a plan to get me off the pills.  I  have CHF, which is why I have stayed on them so long.  It's the only time I feel normal with enough energy to get done what I need to do, although I can no longer work due to my Heart.
I have been taking 1/2 to 1 pill a day of 10/350 hydrocodone a day for
a couple of years now.  Will i have withdrawals from this.   What is the easiest way to stop taking them.
Just stop. That's the best way. That's an extremely low dose,you might feel mild withdrawls but there is no way around it.
Try Kratom. It helps with the withdrawals you can purchase it online it's a natural in the coffee family. It's a miracle order from Kratom Infusion that's where I order mine. I was shocked zero withdrawals tons of energy and they're different strains some help with sleep and some give you energy for daytime the best thing I have discovered, no more pils Good Luck  
DON'T try kratom- you'll have as many issues stopping that.
You ask for a website to look up withdrawal symptoms!  There is no need to look it up , you are experiencing all of them right now ; sucks dont it !  Well, put your big boy pants on , stop thinking about it , and get on w/your life and never look back .. its the only way !! Your welcome !