Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I Told My Wife (Day 7)

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I Told My Wife (Day 7)

Well, yesterday was my birthday and I finally broke down and told my wife about my situation.  I was very impressed by the way she handled the news.  I was actually disapointed in a way because I had worked myself into thinking she was going to say screw it and leave.  She actually asked me what I am going to need and that she understood that I have legitimate pain issues and we need to address them so there is no excuse to use pills.  She is an RN and understands the legitimate need for them but see's a lot of abusers at the hospital.  I am feeling a lot better in regards to anxiety and the physical effects but I am really suffering in the sleep and energy department.  Hold cow......I feel like a big weight has been lifter off of my shoulders, my wife is now aware of my problem and we actually talked for hours last night......Life is good, no pills, feeling better, wife in now on board, and I have a fun filled January planned out for the rest of the month.....Nice!!!!!
Avatar n tn
I commend you!  Now if only my wife would tell me about her secret...
Finally!!  How great is this!!!
Wonderful!  Coming clean with your wife must have relieved a lot of anxiety you've been carrying around.  Great news!
Hey dude the vows say in sickness or health most wemen take that pritty seriously  ....now was it worth all the anxiety over this your wife will be your bigest supporter I know mine is
congrats on 7 days now the 2 of you can concur this thing good luck and God bless
Gnarly
Way to go on a week clean and telling your wife. Our secrets keep us sick and you made a big step here. We have to hold ourselves accountable. Congrats:)
P.S happy late birthday. You gave yourself a great gift.
Way to Go! I can only imagine how relieved you must be to get that out in the open.
Sounds like you have an awesome/understanding bride.Great birthday gift to give yourself. Keep up the great work my man.