Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
I forged hydrocodone prescriptions and now the PD is calling ??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I am a professional with 3 beautiful children, a good job.  I recently went to rehab for a 10-15 a day 10/325 hydrocodone addiction. It was the best thing I could of ever done.  Now I am on suboxone for withdrawals, and in intensive outpatient therapy, while on STD from my employer.  The PD where the last "script" was done is now calling.  I have enough street smarts to know to NOT answer ANY questions without an attorney present.  I honestly cannot afford an attorney to consult for this, even if an arrest occurs.  My life savings is depleted for various estate battles with X girlfriends from my dad's death.  I cant touch the money that is there for me for another 4 years.

I have done extensive reading, and know the rehab was the best thing I could of done, for more reason(s) than one.  I am in intensive outpatient therapy for the next 3-5 weeks, so I am off on Short Term disability from my employer.  Now I find myself switching cars with my husband to avoid a run in with the police concerning this.  I know if I refuse to answer any questions, they will assume my guilt.  So now I am avoiding them.  I know if they are persistent, I cant avoid them forever.  What really hurt me the most, was my teenage daughter that avoided my phone calls while in rehab answered their phone call yesterday and told them anything they wanted to know, concerning my whereabouts.

I cant believe I let a drug ruin my life like it has.  My husband was clueless about it all till yesterday, I knew I had to tell him before I end up incarcerated or taken in for questioning.  I read where this happened to someone else, and they thought honesty would serve them best when it came to answering questions.  Being so "honest" got them additional charges, after all the police have a job to do.  I want to remain sober and look towards my future.  My past is now coming back to bite my in the a$$ so to speak, and I am walking on egg shells.  I know I deserve it and was a total idiot for doing it at all.  Any thoughts or suggestions?
Sorry, I dont mean to be "replying" to my own post, just need to add to it.

My husband has a daily mj habit.  He has a good job, and to look at him you would never know it.  We rarely "speak" to each other, usually the only communication we have through out the day is through email, just advising the 3 year old made it safely to daycare.  I am not casting blame for my problems, but I do believe his emotional isolation fueled my pain pill dependency.  

Then my X husband and the father of my two teenagers is in prison.  He was a crack addict.  I feel like a complete failure and let down to my children by being so stupid to do what I did to just get a bottle of pills.  I find myself searching for life insurance policies now, so maybe in death I can do something right for my children sakes.  

I don't want to be a burden to anyone.  I just want to be "normal" and sober, for once.  
wow...looks like you've created quite the little "situation" for yourself.  sorry to hear that.

i am pleased to hear that you are taking steps towards sobriety.  it is very important to your recovery that you continue the treatment you have started.

i'm not sure about your pending arrest or questioning...but i do know that you cant run or hide forever.  if you cannot afford an attorney at this time...you may just have to be arrested so that you can get a public defender to help you.  paying a bail bondsman to get you out of jail is alot cheaper than putting up the cash...and usually this can be done within hours of getting arrested.  wish i could tell you what to do about getting questioned...

if you have no prior arrests you can probably get off with not much happening to you.  you can always use the "first time offender" and your attorney can advise you on this.  you going to rehab...going to outpatient therapy...will only help your case.  

part of recovery is taking responsibilty for your actions.  i would advise you to be "completely" honest with your husband and family...as this "situation" is not going to just disappear.

good luck,
kim

Good morning. may  I ask the ages of your kids?

So sorry, sweetie we have all here done thins we are not proud of...
First, was this before you went to rehab??? What did your hysband say?
I know the state i live in here is tough on it but first offense is rehab, and drug test...One friend of mine got caught and that is what she had to do..
now she also had a good judge..
Did you call it in? she called hers in....
look, at least you are clean right now...i know you can not run away from them forever, but you need a plan..A support team...Do you have anyone you can talk to , a lawyer friend about what can happen???
just take one day at a time, hell they might stop calling...i think if they see you went for help, an you have 3 kids and you are CLEAN , it will be ok
i will pray for you
R2R
Hey Kim! How are you doing? I was reading the diffrent forums last night and I
saw you at one of them. Isaid to my self  i know her? Hope you are doing well today. Its gonna be a hot muggy one today here in minnesota.
Why is noone talking to me?
my children are 15,13 and 3.  I am so ashamed.  And someone else asked this question, was it before rehab, yes it was.  I have been sober for 1 week today.  I knew it was a matter of time before I got caught, and knew I couldnt do it on my own, that monster was much bigger than me.
hey...you must have been on the hiv forum??  my son has hiv...:(

one of my other sons is moving into an apartment today with his g/f.  this is davis, the recovering crack addict, who seems to be substituting alcohol for the drugs.  he is doing well now and attending meetings on a regular schedule but the mom in me still worries about him moving out.  i pray that he will stay strong.

huggs,
kim
And I didnt call it in, I wrote my own.  I feel so stupid and full of shame.  I am about to leave for group therapy.  I am not comfortable discussing this with them at this time, talking this way and in person are two different scenarios.  There are a few people in therapy I find to be very annoying and judgmental.  Thanks so much for the responses and listening, it means allot to me.
I'm feelin your your fears. I've been in trouble also, and the monster. oh my God.  I also take suboxone. We have similar stories. my kids are older now. You wern't implying harming yourself were you? (When refering to even checking out your life ins.policy).That my dear would be the worst idea. What state do you live in if I may ask?                       Cathy
I was at  the brest cancer one aids one, but i saw you at a grief one.
You really need an attorney.  Even if you can just go to consult one very briefly, I'd do it as soon as possible.  

And if your husband has an mj habit, I hope he gets it all out of the house, like this minute.  If you both have drug habits, you could wind up with CPS taking your children out of the home.

Bad problem.  Good luck.  
Welcome to the forum........

One thing I agree with is the police will come and your charge will be

To obtain a controlled substance by fraud......

Liz Lou is right if you do have a clean record you will be fine and probably probation.......

If you have some baggage you could be in trouble.........

I would talk to the police but not answer any questions pertaining to the case...

You can find out if there is a warrent and then tell him that you will turn yourself in that will make a load of difference at your arraignment as far as bond.....

The very sad thing in your post to me is your kids look what they have had to go through......

Going to a rehab for your drug problem is commendable but as an addict could it be just sugar coating for the judge..........

You speak of honesty with your family you need to stop running from the police and start standing up for your past indiscretions.......you can't afford a lawyer then the judge will grant you one........

Before you sitting in jail with no options take care of the kids and make sure there safe and take care of your legal matters......while you can.....
Did you write the scripts before rehab? or after? The law that is in question is if you "knowingly" of "sound" mind attempted to defraud. If by chance you were "high" when you wrote them then you did not "knowingly" of "sound" mind commit such crime. Talk to the police, get this out of the way so that you can concentrate on recovery.

good luck

Alex
What really hurt me the most, was my teenage daughter that avoided my phone calls while in rehab answered their phone call yesterday and told them anything they wanted to know, concerning my whereabouts.

Really?
It all depends on what state you live in and what county.  The government has come to realize that just because you have a problem with drugs doesn't mean you are a bad person.  But, what they want to see is that you are ready and willing to change.  You probably make too much for a public defender (you have to be poor, and I mean poor).  If you are honest to the judge and district attorney they will help you.  This is only good if you have not had any other drug related legal problems in your past.

And, yes you can call the PD and talk to someone.  They can not force you to tell them where you are.  They can not reach through the phone and get you.  But, you do have to start showing everyone that you are willing to resolve this matter and cooperate.  I know it's hard but the best thing is to tell the truth.  Remember the legal system (police/district attorney/judge) are all human, they want to here the truth.  Think how you feel when someone lies to your face.  

You can get through this thing.  It is hell and I am going through the w/d's with you. I am 5th day off Ultram.  Hurts, but every day is better.  The people on here are great!  Reach out to others when you need strength.  We can't always walk alone.

Good luck.
Wow,,,,,,,,,

What planet do you live in?

If she calls she will be tracked by satellite and if she uses a cell it does not matter if she hangs her phone up once connection is made satellite tracking will find her......

Truth I agree is the best policy except when talking to police or a prosecutor do you know that they are allowed by law to lie to a person to get a conviction.......

In the state of Michigan and Ohio they are coming down very hard on drug offenders and fraud to obtain drugs.....

If she is a first time offender it is very possible to get off with probation and some drug counseling.......

But if you don't think that the hammer can come down on her if she has a record your living in another world........

WOW....that was RUDE. This person was just trying to help and give the best advice he/she could give and you basically call him stupid.
What planet do you live on beachtowel? Because wherever it is, human kindness must be a crime.
Damn. That was really mean what you said to here4all.
i doubt if the pd will use any kind of tracking to find you ,your not a public enemy. if you are charged with a crime they will come knocking and of course you"ll have a warrent. i wouldnt call the police though. once the crime has been commited and a warrent issued then the police couldnt care less about your personal story,,there job is to arrest you and let the courts do the rest, if you talk to the police by phone and they ask your location or ask you to come in and you dont,,then your not co operating with the police and that pisses them off and theyll let the judge know. you may not have liked how beach put it but your only choice is to deal with this voluntarily or you just become a wanted person avoiding the law.
Here are a few thoughts:

1.  Call an attorney immediately and agree that he/she will represent you.

2.  If the police contact you, refer them to the attorney.  Do NOT say anything to them.  Leave it to your attorney.   An attorney is your best bet in getting the DA to decide "Insufficient Evidence to Proscecute" should you be arrested.

3.  Remember, the role of the police and district attorney is to detect and prosecute crime.  They are not in the rehab business.

GEORGE

being a good or bad person isnt the issue right now. affording a lawyer,rehab,etc. is not the cops job. yes you can call the police and say what? i"m addicted to drugs and i"m a good person? i wonder how many times they hear that, being a good person with good intentions AFTER the crime is not the concern of the police. if the police want you then co operate, at worst youll be arrested , its a low grade crime so bail will be low and depending on other things ,,like did you CO OPERATE with the police you could be or"d,,but not if they have to find you. once you get by the police thing and get a court date then what you present to the judge showing your desire to change,,12 step meetins,addiction dr,etc. will effect his/her decision,,but if they have to come looking for you then thats how theyll treat you. sometimes the truth just sounds rude.