Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Just So Irritated All the Time

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Just So Irritated All the Time

I keep getting irritated at the very slightest thing!! I'm so proud of myself for making the 2 weeks but a part of me keeps wondering if it's worth it...? I'm snapping at people, my shoulder is in agony & I just want peace. I know that with just 2 pills I could have a glorious long sleep, be much better humored & not care about my damn shoulder. Even things like unwashed dishes, an old friend being skinnier than me, my parents asking me a simple question - all completely irrational but they bug the hell out of me!! Can't believe I'm saying this - but the depression was better than this!
Littlelegs - I have two words for you - WINDSHIELD WIPERS - at about two weeks I almost went over the edge because the windshield wipers in my bf's car were driving me crazy.  I so vividly remember my skin being so on edge and flinching every time those stupid things went on.   I finally yelled at him and said "can you please make them stop" and of course he replie "but honey it's raining, what do ya want me to do" - we laughed but I wanted to jump outta my skin so I totally understand you on this one.  It does pass but boy when you are in the middle of it that isn't much consolation.  Hang in there!
I completely understand. I am struggling with the same feelings. It's like I was better when I was on the stupid meds. I don't want them, yet why does it seem as though things were better when I was taking them? I am an anxious mess right now. I keep telling myself it will improve, that I am seeing things as they are and not how the meds made me see them. I need to deal with life honestly. It is so hard to do, yet I know I need to work through it.

I will be thinking of you and all of us who are struggling right now. We can do this together!

Take care and keep going,

Minn
   Hey sweetie, your emotions are all over the place right now, that's to be expected.....with time it will pass and you will see the clean life is soooooo much better!  Maybe go out for a walk?  I know it makes me feel so much better, mentally and physically.  Do something nice for yourself.....you deserve it!......sending you love and support....Teri  :)
As Teri said your emotions will be all over the place right now.  Go for a walk or turn on some music.  The pain in your shoulder will subside also.  Rebound pain is no fun.  Most of us found our pain actually got better with time.  You are doing great so keep moving forward~~sara
Thanks - it does help to know I'm not the only one that's going/gone through this. In a way - it proves I'm "normal" (Whatever that may be!)

Thanks for your kind words/wishes. And I'll avoid cars with squeaky window wipers!! I know - this too shall pass.

The worst was when my dad told me I had some zits on my cheek - I was livid!! How dare he point that out!! How dare he make me feel self-conscious!! Then my mother asked too many questions about my mail - ooh - how nosey!! (She can't see very well & the letter was about a job offer for me. And - my dad was just checking to see if I was still taking the antibiotics for my zits. Good grief - I'm 30 & still get zits. Sigh) So - perfectly reasonable behaviour by them but I have to overreact & take everything WAY too personally and then blow up at them. They don't know what they're doing wrong!!

Still - at least its at people that HAVE to love me. And yeah, if I was on the meds I wouldn't behave like this. Because I'd be chemically spaced out. And then oin one week I'd need 3 times as many pills before I was chemically spaced out. No, you're right - at least I'm dealing with life honestly and I should be thankful that I actually have feelings again. I'm no longer numb. That's gotta be a good thing.

Keep me in your prayers. And keep my parents in your prayers too - they're catching the brunt of my moods!
Lol, I am keeping all of you in my prayers. Life without the meds is better. We are just feeling things more than we used to. Some days are going to be better than others, and we will have the clarity to know the difference. You are doing great! And yes, you are normal (whatever that is)  ;-)
Little legs that was me all this week. I have near 100 employees directly under me. all a bunch of whiny  babies. I felt like a hand grenade ready to go off all week. I really can't even explain the feeling in the pit of my stomach all the way to the top my head. Ahhh!
Good news is for the last 3 days I feel its slightly tapering off little by little.
Oh yeah gotta change yesterday's mood from angry to back to okay.
Day17 grandkids was here when I got home from work I even play little volleyball with them.
I proclame  tomorrow you will notice a big difference.