Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Kicking Subutex

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Kicking Subutex

Day 3 after a little over 7 months of Subutex use. I took a quarter of one from the beginning till the end, except for the random (time to pop a half of one) days. My stomach is twisted in a knot, RLS, sleeplessness, hot flashes, etc. When I started drugs I started with pot, then came xanax for a long time, my family knew of the xanax addiction for years because you cant stop the slur after having 2 24 oz's and 1 bar. That part of my life is history, xanax ruined my life and now that I'm off it, I'm finally getting trust back from my family, somewhat. My family is drug free, me and my sister are the outcasts. I started taking all of these because I've had manic depression and anxiety since i was 8 years old.

A year after defeating xanax, I went to live at a friends house, and since I was a user all my life, all my friends are too. I started inhaling roxycodone at this house, and I lived there for 6 months, I couldn't beat the setup I had because my long term friend was the main supply for that, so I did about 3 Roxy 30's each day for 6+ months until he got busted and showed up on the news with everything the police apprehended from him. So I kicked that, started taking the subutex to rid the withdrawal and so that I would quit taking opiates all together and have motivation/encouragement in my life because I've always been lazy, and it's not by choice, I know some of you would argue differently, but you're not me. I don't have any real support from anyone, nobody knows whats going on with me right now because I'm scared to tell my mom that i quit xanax only to pick up a nastier habbit, they will never trust me again, ever. My mom and dad are all I have, I'm 27 and I've lived a life of drugs and misery, and so did all of my friends. The conversion of having tons of drug addicted friends to having nobody at all because I want to clean up is really hard for me,

So day 3, I'm prescribed klonopin and I don't abuse it, but it is helping along with smoking extremely high potent smoke profusely and it's still painful, I'm taking the week off of work because my work requires me to be ultra nice with grade A appearance. I'm going to the doc today to be put on clonidine, I've already been exercising for the past month so I'm not quitting now, especially since it helps.

My remedy so far: klonopin, clonidine, promethazine, B complex, B12 shot from doc, multi-vitamin, high potency smoke and extremely mild drinkin, just to take the edge off. Just like everyone else, RLS is kicking me in the balls and I'm not using immodium right now. This is day 4 now.

I know what to do, but I don't. Know what I mean?
Just got offered to pay $100 to help my friend get his Subutex script to where I'd get a substantial amount. It's very tempting seeing I'm glued to the couch, thermostat on 80 with a heater blowing right by me, along with a blanket. This is my hell, and those cold sweats are only a piece of this miserable puzzle. My back hurts like hell and I'm experiencing chronic fatigue. I had RLS before drugs, when I used to test in school or if I couldn't get my work done fast enough, RLS drove me nuts. That's happening right now as well.
try hot baths with epsom salts, Hylands restful legs, potasium rich food ( banana, spinach, apple juice, tomato soup.. ) , magnesium+calcium+zinc supplements for RLS...

and get rid of all your friends that are using subtances.... hey, day by day... it will take some time getting energy, motivation and sleep , be patience, don't go back , ok ? good luck :)
hi what do you call a quarter in mgs?ive been on subutex for just over 2 years now,im down to 0.8mg daily.what did you jump at?
2 mg a day starting out, in the last 2 weeks I started breaking the quarters into quarters to lessen the withdrawal, my problem was that I couldn''t go a day without it when I had it. I quit at around .2 - .5.
Not so easy to get rid of this one friend with Subutex though, we've been friends since high school, always helped each other in any time of need. He's dying of chrones disease, and he's the last friend from that world that I have, I already deleted everyone else out of my phone. Thanks for the info on RLS, I'm on my way with that list to Walmart as soon as I get the strength to put clothes on.
im on 0.8mg daily.we can get 0.4mg subutex in uk.im planning on going down to 0.1mg then skip days,then skip2 etc etc.
I feel for you mate it aint a miracle drug is it? its really good for short term detox.But ive been on  long term like you.
Have you tried l-tyrosine immodium etc?
chris
Never heard of L-tyrosine immodium, and it is a miracle drug in a sense, but it's not a miracle for everyone. Subutex should only be for people that have been on OxyContin for more than 3 - 4 years, or methadone/heroin for that same amount of time. Subutex isn't for people on Lortab, Percocet, or short term Roxy/Oxy users. I actually quit taking the Roxy before I started taking Subutex, went through and made it through the withdrawal. 3 days after I'm normal again, my friend calls with Subutex and I figured hell, I already relapsed twice into Roxy, lets quit this cycle. So I had the Subutex and got a hold of Roxanne right after that, leaving Subutex waiting on me like a naked girl in the closet.
ive turned my life round with it.i was on heroin for 9 years on and off.and i was a chronic relapser.the doctor told me you will have very little WD even after long term use.
It definitely turned my life around also, and with the doctors tapering method, you pretty much can get off Subutex with minimal W/D. My problem was I that I didn't get on Subutex with a doctor, and by putting my name on the list, my parents would have found out. My mother can find anything out from any doctor around here, she's got more money and more reach through hospitals than anyone I've ever met, because she runs one. All I had were the 54 411 white round Subutex my friend was giving me to help my addictions, you could say he was my doctor. I had to go to the street because my mom owns the hospitals.
ah right thats a crap situation.theres stuff on the health pages on subutex detox and ways to reduce WD.are you just riding it out?you sound like u really had enough?
My remedy so far: klonopin, clonidine, promethazine, B complex, B12 shot from doc, multi-vitamin, high potency smoke and extremely mild drinkin, just to take the edge off. Just like everyone else, RLS is kicking me in the balls and I'm not using immodium right now. This is day 4 now
It will be hard to explain why I was prescribed to clonidine since it's not really used in any practice but alcohol/opiate withdrawal, I'll just say it was a sleep aid, the promethazine is for my throwing up. This is the most logical thing I can use being that I'm missing work for a week.
do u think its the smoke and drink making things worse.it makez heroin WD  worse.sounds like u doin everything.u exercising?
Smoking helps significantly, and the "extremely mild alcohol" is taking away the cold sweats and hot flashes. It's actually boosting the clonidine and klonopin. I'm drinking OJ and VERY small amount of gin, just enough to barely feel it. OJ = Vitamin C and gin = no cold sweats/hot flashes.
I'm also taking 3 IBU (motrin) 6 hours apart for back pain and the "aches and pains." I switch to tylenol at times so I don't kill my kidneys.
Finally slept with no RLS for 11 hours last night! Is the worst over? Now I'm just a little cold and I move in slow motion. (lack of energy and chronic fatigue) Day 5 and things aren't so bad except for the amazing lack of energy. I had Adderall (adderrall) left over from college, took one and I still can't move. My mind is racing but my body doesn't want to do anything.
wow 11 hours is simply great , solitary !!! lack of energy is common and it lingers for some time but keep on mind that the clonodine effect adds up to this lack of energy, stop taking it when you feel you don't need it.. keep fighting !!
11hrs buzzing for ya.thats got to be good sign that things are changing for the better.people mention the l-tyrosine works its an ammino acid,its ment to give you energy.chris
I had 3 hours of relief after taking those supplements you named, I got every single one of them. And rizboy, I went to Walmart and the only thing I saw was L-Lysine and grabbed it forgetting what it was really called while I was grabbing those supplements. (potassium, B6, magnesium, vitamin C, centrum multi-vitamin and L-Lsine, I took the Lysine anyway, one of the many things I took helped out.
Sounds like your going great and got everything under control. I agree the herb def helped me with heroin withdrawals and made me able to eat and sleep a bit. You said you got l-lysine I think that's actually for people with herpes lol did you mean l-tyrosine? I took basically everything you took exactly and it helped a ton. Remember that exercise is crucial and will speed up the process of detoxification. Stay positive and focuses and you'll be feeling good in no time. Good luck and keep posting.
Subutex/suboxone can be a very useful tool to help people break addiction, but it must be used properly, otherwise you are just trading one addiction for another, the same as you would using methadone.

Anyone considering using suboxone to help them kick an addiction should keep in mind that they need to get off the subs before they develop a physical addiction to it as well. The most successful subutex/suboxone treatments are short term, 30 days or less.
After that, you become addicted physically to it as well, and the withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms are not pleasant at all. Long term sub use brings with it long term withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms, just the same as methadone.

Understand also that drugs like methadone aren't used just to break addictions to street drugs, they are used to provide a quality of life, even though the person using it becomes addicted to the methadone. Because it is an antagonist, it doesn't get the patient high, thus affording them a more productive life in the community.
Suboxone can also be used in this way, and is. However, it also can be used short term to break an addiction, and reduce, even eliminate withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms.
This isn't magic however, as it doesn't eliminate cravings afterwards, or the problems that contributed to your addiction in the first place. You MUST have aftercare, be a part of a program that deals with all the problems you are going to have after you get past the withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms.  
If you don't persue aftercare, then it's very unlikely using suboxone/subutex will be of any benefit to you, as you will relapse 99 times out of 100 shortly after you get past the dreaded withdrawls.

otherwise, long term use of subutex/suboxone provides prolonged withdrawl (withdrawal) symtoms (symptoms) are just as bad as if not worse than the ones a person suffers from methadone.
my bf was just prescribed 16mg of subatex for his heroin withdrawal. I thought this was rather high considering his usage of £20-£30 a day.
I queried it as i had in my mind everything i had read on here about taper within 30 days to stop him getting addicted to subatex.
Doctor informed me "we addict him to the subatex because it is legal and safe" "and also easier to withdraw from"
We were discussing it and the doc would then have gone down to 8mg prescription if my bf hadnt of panicked about the prescription being half what the doc had already said, so he went for 16mg!
30 days is now out the question for tapering so reading your story has also made me see w/d from subatex isnt going to be easy either.
I agree with freeovitall also in that there has to be a aftercare plan put into place to ask why you used in the first place and triggers for when your clean. I have got my bf a keyworker to help put this in place.
I wish you all the luck in the world.
keep us informed on how your doing x
"You said you got l-lysine I think that's actually for people with herpes lol did you mean l-tyrosine?" Lol, grabbing the Lysine was accidental, I didn't write down Tyrosine. The worst is DEFINITELY gone for me, the only thing left is a slight lack of energy and drive. I agree that without help, a lot of people relapse right back into what they did before. Let me explain to everyone how much I'm so sick and tired of drugs that I would place a bet on myself that I'm one of the 10% that will make it by themselves, just the help of this forum. I've broken every addiction in my life, 9 years of relapsing and throwing everything down the drain.

What triggered me to do drugs: The root of my problem is my depression/loneliness/low self-esteem. I'm very healthy, I could have gotten any girl I wanted, any job I wanted if it weren't for these things. I started smoking herb when I turned 18 because it was a gateway to FRIENDS and HOPE, not other drugs. One party I took a xanax bar, and 4 years of my life were consumed xanax, herb, and drinking. My parents found out so much, I destroyed so many things on it. Cars, friendships, loved ones, etc. I wasn't financially unstable because I always supported my habit. (don't ask how, you probably already know) I turned my entire team of friends into xanax/lortab fiends and when they wanted something stronger, I got it CHEAP. Most of them are dead or in jail now, only a few remain because xanax/lortab led to OxyContin, needles, and heroin for them. My gateway to friends ended up killing and destroying lives and everything around me. But even in death, there is birth, my now 5 year old son who I'll do anything in this world for. I'm making up for all the souls I destroyed by creating the strongest one in my son, who will never be broken like me.

Now to the main root; it's genes, the way you were raised, were your parents around? Who were your friends growing up? Were they hardcore or were they gossipy Britches? Everything plays a role in who we are today, loneliness being the biggest burden on any child. Maybe it was the easy access for me, every drug I ever had, I went straight to the top to get it ever so cheap. (I'm not bragging at ALL, this is my story of the roots)
I've been to so many counselors and psychiatrists, I can give exact answers to every question they get, trust me I'm good at it. It's application of the knowledge at hand. Not everyone is strong enough to quit, Subutex was the last thing for me, and I knew it once I started taking it. My intentions were to only take it to get rid of the 3 Roxycodone 30's a day I was taking, but I ended up staying on the Subutex so all the friends that kept calling looking for SH** would LEAVE ME ALONE. It worked, now I'm alone and trying a fresh start in a different part of town, different job, different home, different phone. This has been successful for me in the last 7-8 months.
Hi this is a late message considering age of thread but im just on 3ml a day subutex and looking at stopping, how long did your WD last
i took my last little tiny bit of subutex on monday morning and its now wednesday just over 48 hours later, and honestly its not all bad. i've probably felt the worst today, monday night and tuesday night pretty much slept normally, but all in all i don't feel too horrid.. and i've taking suboxone for over 5 years, and subutex the last month or so before quitting. i took an average of 2mg a day (1 quarter of the 8mg sub) and actually more like 6mg of subutex for the last couple of weeks because it was giving me a buzz ha. on top of that i've quit drinking for these days as well. easily a 6 a pack a night for the same lenght of time ( at the minimum) and my last drink was sunday night.  I'm actually suprised at how mild it has been so far. the usual being cold and lack of energy and jus all round crappy tingly feeling but definitey not the hell everyone has described from sub withdrawal... maybe the worst is yet to come?